We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Why do killers get to see survivor items before match but survivors can't even see perks anymore

wimlin
wimlin Member Posts: 30
edited August 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I get why swf wouldn't be able to see perks, but pugs? That aside why do killers get to see our items? I brought a key tonight because I'm clear out and killer tunneled me and mori and then after match when I called him what he was he said it was because I brought a key. How is this fair in any way that he can see my item and counter, but I can't see his? Neither side should be able to see.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Its a 4 v 1 the One is allowed to have more info then the Four.

Also killers can't hard counter survivor's abilities mainly their items while survivors CAN hard counter killers perks like calm spirit vs doctor.

Its fair the way it is and would be game breaking if the survivors were allowed to see the killer's.

• GoodJobGuys92
    GoodJobGuys92 Member Posts: 102

Why shouldn't they see your item? Killer is the power role after all.

• IceCreamPrincess
    IceCreamPrincess Member Posts: 226

Its simply because survivors have tools that can specifically mess with specific killers. Killers can see survivors tools so they can prepare beforehand. If they couldn't, perks like lightborne or Franklin's demise would be a constant gamble, as well as specific strategies like hex perks vs maps

Conversely, if survivors could learn anything the killers are bringing, they could tailor there builds to counter them specifically. Playing against hag? Time to being 4 flashlights. Playing against plague? Lets put the medkits away and put in resilience. Wraith or ghostface? Spinechill and sprint burst it is.

Killers need the information to prep because they are the alone party who are disadvantaged at the start, and survivors have 3 other players they can coordinate with.

Also, bring a key, expect a mori. Keys "main" purpose is cut matches shorter, so are moris

• wimlin
    wimlin Member Posts: 30

I guess I should expect no less as these message board are always like 98% pro killer, but I will say no one made any real argument for how its fair that a killer can see survivor items. Ours aren't even powerful comparably outside of key. Toolbox is a joke, medkit is ok i guess for a heal if you don'tt want to run self care. And you can't see for sure if its a mori before the match or I suspect all surviros would D/C every time a mori is played as that is the most unfair item in the game by far.

• BeardedMenace
    BeardedMenace Member Posts: 215

I think they shouldn't be able to see what you're bringing in!! If so, they need to make it so we can see who the Killer is then... We all know that isn't happening because Killers will cry.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    edited August 2020

And you made an argument how? You only said that you got tunneled for bringing a key and you called the killer "what he was" so I'm expecting you told him ######### for using a mori on you.

If the killer wasn't able to see items then it would be more unfair, would you play as a hag against 4 flashlights? No, would you play against 4 maps as a trapper? No.

Toolboxes require thinking now, medkits are great especially if you are looping, I can tell you how many times I was able to loop more because I was able to heal while the killer mindgames himself.

Give me a real example as to why survivors seeing what items the killers are using (btw they are called addons) is fair.

If you had a lot of experience you can easily tell which addons they are using.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

He would have just seen it in game and tunneldd you anywat. Heres an idea, dont bring a key. And if you do dont get mad when he doesnt follow your made up rules. I tunneled the crap out of simeone that brought a key, not sorry at all. If you want to try and ruin my fun, why should i care about yours?

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

You didnt make a good argument for why he shouldnt. Getting tunneled cause yiu brought a key aint it

• H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3
    H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 Member Posts: 189

There is one killer, and four of you. If all four survivors bring med kits it would be smart to switch to plague, if you see at least 2 or more survivors with doctor clothing and or flashlights it would be a smart idea to play doctor. Also, key and moris are equally as powerful, and equally as broken. Bring a key and expect to be tunneled

• psych321
    psych321 Member Posts: 4

What is with all this countering bullshit.

End of the day the player is gonna pick the killer they want to play.

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589
  • Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

Because if you could see who the killer is you would simply bring all the perks to counter them.

Iron Will VS Spirit

Calm Spirit VS Doctor

Small Game & Flashlights VS Trapper

Etc, it would be horrible