Cybil Bennett looks horrible

When I heard they were adding Cybil from Silent Hill I was extremely excited, when she finally came to the game tho, I did not expect Quentins twin sister to be added instead. The ‘methhead’ dark circles they added I could honestly live with, but she doesn’t even look human and her hair looks like a wig. After decades of graphical improvements, how did she end up looking worse than the 1999 video game? My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

Comments

• BraveClem
    BraveClem Member Posts: 333

Agreed, she looks terrible,except her outfit,hope they fix her

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

Sweet mother of god that looks awful. And people were just starting to praise the graphics team too.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

i was excited for it when it was leaked but the face is just so awful

• RocketPenguin
    RocketPenguin Member Posts: 374

i mean at least they got chad's face to look nice. Everyone before him is pretty bad though i agree

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

Honestly though, how does the 21 year old game look better?

• danielfariax
    danielfariax Member Posts: 3

Her Head is really off, her eyes, that hairline, really horrible, please fix her, she costs way too much to look like that.

• TheOwl
    TheOwl Member Posts: 185

I've been checking into it, and rather than this being an issue with the face model of Cybil, I think it is more of an overall problem with the way DbD renders hair. When playing with low settings on PC, the outfit looks quite nice, but when you go any higher than this, the hair disappears, causing issues with the appearance of the cosmetic. 

I'll include a couple of screenshots side-by-side below. The one on the right is how the cosmetic appears on low settings, and the one on the left is on ultra (although the cosmetic appears this way on any setting above low). 

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123

Yeah, at this point they should just undo the linked set bullshit and just let us mix and match, if Legion can swap parts of their stuff there's no reason why we can't have it for these "Legendarys" and linked sets. If they can't even bother making these cosmetics look accurate or good then we should be able to mix and match, or better yet offer a prestige and new VA for these totally "different characters". It's laughable how they charge $10-$15 for these crappy cosmetics that are uncostomizable, what a ######### joke.

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723

Cybils face is an ABOMINATION. It didn’t need to look exactly like the source material but it didn’t need to look like a playdoh molded crackhead either.

• MidnightStalk
    MidnightStalk Member Posts: 15

It’s funny how she looks better in lower graphics meanwhile in ultra graphics makes her look like a crack addict.

• Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410

I mean when i saw it i knew it was bad but seeing pictures of it and i have never played silent hill but seeing the dbd one compared to silent hill one, i would be embarassed if i produced something worse than an old game. I dont get the dark circles and pale ass skin, looks like she has never slept and takes drugs 24/7 which isnt a good look. The hairline too, god awful. And the hair dont get me started. It looks like they got a blond coloured brick and slapped it on her head and someone in the dev team who was either drunk or on drugs went “that looks good” *slaps it for an expensive price on store*

Redo it, its embarassing.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Next survivor preview.

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589
    edited December 2020

Most sets can't be made into separatable, cause they break the rules of changable pieces sets. Look at the Nea's right pants for example. They look so much different than all her other pants, because artists were not limited in designing them. They are much higher and thus would clip with all of her upper body pieces.

And about legion. He doesn't have separate Body/Legs slots. They are pretty much a single set like Nea's. Exept he have slot for a mask and a Knife, but its much more easier to change, than nea's hairstyle under the hood.

New Elodie Kirugumi. Explain how would you make it a separate set, since Kirugumi is a single piece outfit in real life.

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123

Nea's pants could be lowered, it was unnecessarily made higher just so it could seem like it had to be linked; when in actuality it just makes it look really bad. Plus it's not like clipping has stopped them before, nor does it prevent clipping issues on these awful sets either. You kinda countered your own point about Legion, it IS just the body that separates it. So just add a head underneath for when the bunny top gets swapped out, and it's done. If you're implying that because legion is full body and can't be applied to other character changes, then you're dead wrong. They did something for one of Ghostface's masks (the devil one) where it pokes holes through his cosmetics, so it's not like it's something they haven't done before and can't do again. They could EASILY do that with Nea (and Elodie because you mentioned her) if they didn't want to separate the hood (which they also could easily do seeing as they have VERY clear division lines). Speaking of Elodie, even though it looks ok, you can still see the seams (same goes for Zarina's Ironing board back onzie), meaning that they could be separated into 3 pieces. Again, either they can lower the hood for when a different headpiece is used, or they can make the hood like Bunny Feng, either way works.