Should BT have a cool-down?

BubbaMain64
BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I think it should mostly to prevent teammates from farming with no repercussions. It doesn't have to be super long, but enough to force survivors to use it wisely. This way the killer can legitimately punish bad saves while also preventing face camping. What are your thoughts?

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Borrowed Time used to be one use per trial but it protected both the rescuer and the hooked person. (ie if a hillbilly chain sawed the rescuer the rescuer would only go into proto-mending) Now that it's gone trading at the hook is more common. Unless my team is going down -that- quick I don't really rescue more than once or twice per trial usually. Kinda hard to imagine BT with a cooldown.

• BubbaMain64

Well yes that is true, but also if you have someone rush into the basement while carrying someone then that's free saves. They did nothing skillful or tactical to get those saves other than run a perk. The same thing for body blocking applies. You can't do anything except hit that survivor who most likely has DS as well. Sure they have to mend, but 12 seconds of downtime while everyone else is doing gens isn't very impactful on it's own. Too many perks in this game reward mindless plays and I think a lot of frustration/unhealthy gameplay comes from that.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,026

There's always this rabbit trail counter argument talking about "But that means you're doing well!" Do you think we care? Do you think that somehow makes it right?

I think it could do with a cooldown. Weaker perks have gotten cooldowns, especially killer ones. So why not Borrowed?

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

The problem is that sometimes farming is necessary. Especially if the killer is camping.

So in other words, the game will not be able to tell the difference between when it’s a survivor being reckless with BT vs a survivor who is saving more than one person as a strategy to get out of sticky situations.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

"Do you think that somehow makes it right?"

YES!

/thread

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

GTFAway from the hook, problem solved.

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543

So the Bubba wants to remove BT? The one killer known for face camping and multi-killing off of hook.

Predictable.

• BubbaMain64

So what about when people farm in front of your face? Am I just not suppose to punish the team for making bad plays? Yea, sure I can get a 1 for 1 most likely, but now there's a survivor with invulnerability. Plus if that survivor who traded is on their first hook I don't get as much pressure as I would with being able to slug the farmed person. BT rewards bad plays while sometimes helping to prevent face camping.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

If you are really a Pyramidhead main than BT should mean nothing to you.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Borrowed time has probably been nerfed more than any other perk since I started playing. It's fine right now. Good infact. Not too strong. Not underpowered. Just good.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

Honestly, since the rework, Bubba doesn't even care about BT. He can chainsaw the unhooked survivor and then still manage to catch up to them with BT.

• gibblywibblywoo

It wasn't single use. Back then I would say the perk was broken when it also affected unhookers. Now its perfectly fine.

• BubbaMain64

Yes, but when I play other weaker killers i.e Pig, Legion, or Myers, I do feel the pain. Not being able to do ######### while people get free saves is painful to watch.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,790

Nah. Completely unnecessary.

• gibblywibblywoo

Pig just crouch. Myers unless you're right by the hook BT won't trigger.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

I wouldn't like a cooldown, but reduced time when active. Currently you have to wait out 15 seconds which is slightly too long and allows for protection hits of teammates.

Plus, there's way more problematic perks then BT, such as DS and UB, so I kinda want BT to stay as it is.

• DevilSad
    DevilSad Member Posts: 24

It should be short enough to prevent body blocking with DS...HOWEVER...it should definitely be long enough to protect a survivor running away. I feel Borrowed should be your own perk, and DS should be given to you by the unhooker(swap conditions), but that's just my opinion.

• Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410

No. Just. No. Its the only thing useful when survivors daily have to deal with killers camping or tunneling.

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

BT should be only allowed to be used once.

It should also not work once all 5 gens are done.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I disagree with this idea. I think especially when it comes to a killer who is camping the basement this change would just help campers.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,869

I really don't think BT needs any sort of a rework at all, I think it's in a good place right now. Before when it protected both players it was incredibly strong - now it helps out the person who was hooked, which is the one that needed the assistance.

I don't normally see BT in my games as killer as if someone rushes towards the hook when I hook a survivor I immediately go for them anyway so they're effectively down a perk. It's on a rare occasion that they will successfully "Jen Tech" the survivor they've saved (dead harded to make me hit the recently unhooked survivor to proc BT), most of the players who go for the rushed save get downed pretty much instantly, so I hook them instead.

• kaijudane
    kaijudane Member Posts: 139

I think BT is fine the way it is now. It's one of the very few effective anti-camping and tunneling perks. There's still killer players who will actually count down and wait out the timer.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

Bt is fine.

With that being said. My opinion is that bt promotes an unhealthy gameplay style

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

It's used yostop tunnelimg. Yes.

But why should it still work once the gens havw been done.

In a swf lobby. 2 ppl sat infront of you.1 unhooks with bt and they all run to thw exit gaye together taking hits.

Is that fair on the killer?

All escape because therw isn't a damn thing you cam do about borrowed time at the end.

Once the gens have been done bt should im fact stop working.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

BT should have tokens. At least 2 and should deduct a token if the unhooked survivor gets hit.

• HoleProofSock
    HoleProofSock Member Posts: 6

Borrowed Time is already self regulated by the "unhooking" survivors health state. With borrowed time currently, even if a person is farmed off the hook, due to there being no cool down, the "farmed" survivor can essentially act as though they had a complete health state. The fact that someone is being saved inside a killers terror radius suggests that map pressure has waned and the killer now has immediate access to two survivors, and can pinpoint their location. Someone farming off a hook with or without BT is already a good thing for the killer. bearing in mind the killers main priority should be to prevent survivors from completing gens. any hook save automatically determines that 2 survivors can't do gens. forcing a survivor to mend inhibits the farmed survivor from doing gens immediately as well. if people are going to waste time with altruism then you should take it as a good thing. the gens really are the only thing that matters.