The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pallet looping needs to die.

Pallet looping is a current tactic used by tryhard Survivor mains to make themselves impossible to catch. How it works is simple: You run around a structure with a pallet nearby. That's it. That's all you do. You run and you run and you run until the killer catches you, then you drop it and do it over again. And the killer can never even HIT you in this state. Needs to be removed. (I know Doctor can stop actions, but guess what? People will just run around more.)

Comments

• Bark2996
    Bark2996 Member Posts: 18

@Asssthetic said:
    Do you just expect survivors to run straight just so you can hit them? You could mind game the pallet loops and with bloodlust, you could probably catch the survivor.

you do realize bloodlust takes "time" to build and even then mind gaming doesnt work all the time. Just saying

• Bark2996
    Bark2996 Member Posts: 18

@Bark2996 said:

@Asssthetic said:
    Do you just expect survivors to run straight just so you can hit them? You could mind game the pallet loops and with bloodlust, you could probably catch the survivor.

you do realize bloodlust takes "time" to build and even then mind gaming doesnt work all the time. Just saying

also you said "probably" not helpful

• Asssthetic
    Asssthetic Member Posts: 203

@TheXenoborg said:
    Killers expect you to hide and gain distance from them, not run around in circles and exploit a poorly implemented game mechanic. It's not an alien concept since this is a hide and seek game.

I meant when the killer eventually finds the survivor

• Asssthetic
    edited June 2018

@TheXenoborg said:
    Killers expect you to hide and gain distance from them, not run around in circles and exploit a poorly implemented game mechanic. It's not an alien concept since this is a hide and seek game.

Also, how do you expect survivors to hide against killers like doc who causes you to scream, especially when he has distressing?

• Asssthetic

@TheXenoborg said:

@Asssthetic said:

@TheXenoborg said:

Also, how do you expect survivors to hide against killers like doc who causes you to scream, especially when he has distressing?

If you see sparks under your feet maybe it's not a good idea to sit in the same spot for 3 hours until you scream?

Regardless if I leave the spot or not, I eventually scream so hiding is not an option against him.

• Blood_huntress
    Blood_huntress Member Posts: 10

@Asssthetic said:

Can't mindgame pallet loops when it comes to tryhards. And Bloodlust just gets you hit in the face.

• Blood_huntress

@only1biggs said:
    It's one thing to know to do it...it's a completely different thing to know how to do it.

What else would you have them do? Make life easy for you, their opponent?

I expect them to give me a challenge, not take the game hostage from me.

• Blood_huntress

@TheXenoborg said:

YES, THANK YOU! (Also I realize I've been boosting this thread, so I dearly apologize for that.)

• Asssthetic

They should definitely remove certain pallet loops and infinites (using this word loosely) in upcoming patches, but as a console player, we have certain delays within the game that causes loops to not be as good as PC players. Playing on PC and playing on console are very different and it should be taken into consideration during patches.

• Asssthetic

Also, I mentioned doctor because as someone said, they want survivors to be stealthy and you can't really be stealthy against doc. I've had multiple games held hostage against doc as well with his annoying build (overcharge, distressing, unnerving presence, etc).

• Blood_huntress

@FSB75 said:
    It's part of the game. As a killer you have choices, options...just because you lack the self control needed to ignore the bait in front of you doesn't mean the game needs changed.

It's not a bait, it's a safeguard.

@Shipthebread said:

@TheXenoborg said:

@Asssthetic said:

@TheXenoborg said:

If you see sparks under your feet maybe it's not a good idea to sit in the same spot for 3 hours until you scream?

I love how people tend to jump to the ''doctor'' excuse as the fall back argument. 1 killer can throw a small wrench into stealth. You only insta scream once and then as Xeno says it takes quite some time for you to scream again (so move). Since the doctor can make you scream it's acceptable to pallet loop every other killer forever since well you know... Doc can make em scream.

Not to mention the survivors who no matter where they are on a map like red Forrest instantly b-line to the house as soon as the killer approaches them, so they can abuse the jungle gym.

The longer this goes without being addressed the worse it's going to be for BOTH survivors and killers. Wait times are already long, load up twitch and try to watch a stream it's all survivors now, is this really interesting to watch? I am a survivor main, watching people pallet loop and repair gens to me is far less entertaining and less skill than watching someone use different killers and all the different skills needed to compete. Maybe that's just me tho

Hey, a Survivor main who gets it. I know people like you exist, and I love you.

• Blood_huntress

@Asssthetic said:
    Also, I mentioned doctor because as someone said, they want survivors to be stealthy and you can't really be stealthy against doc. I've had multiple games held hostage against doc as well with his annoying build (overcharge, distressing, unnerving presence, etc).

If you see a doctor use that build (Which I do) then it's time to find ways to put distance between yourself and the Killer and repair generators as fast as possible. If you're pallet looping, you're eventually going to bore the Killer to the point where they actually do get the common sense to change plans and kill the repairmen.

• Asssthetic

@Blood_huntress said:

@Asssthetic said:

If you see a doctor use that build (Which I do) then it's time to find ways to put distance between yourself and the Killer and repair generators as fast as possible. If you're pallet looping, you're eventually going to bore the Killer to the point where they actually do get the common sense to change plans and kill the repairmen.

Certain maps do not let you do this strategy such as haddonfield, the game, and the preschool. And boring the killer where they have to leave you doesn't really work on console. I've seen plenty of gameplay on PC where killers basically let survivors leave, but on console (PS4 for me) killers just chase you until you go down.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

No one ? Really ? Okay here we go :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCKPE8fku7Y

Just break the pallet.

On a more serious note : The lack of mindgames in pallet looping is the affliction of this game.
    It, indeed, needs to stop.

• Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415

@Asssthetic said:

You know what they do that right??? Also that build isn't holding it hostage, you can beat it. But you actually have to work extra hard for it.

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405
    edited June 2018

@Asssthetic said:

If it was possible to mindgame the pallets then nobody would ever complain about looping. Smaller loops have a mindgame, large loops force the killer to waste time. If survivors didn't get los on a killer during the entire loop they would be much better.

• Shipthebread

@Runiver said:

Just break the pallet.

On a more serious note : The lack of mindgames in pallet looping is the affliction of this game.

I saw someone mention to make the obstacles so you can no longer see through. I really liked that idea, I mean survivors leave scratch marks and killers have the red stain, why make it so you can see them while you running around on coldwind wood structures or the killer shack. Make some real mind games.

• Blood_huntress

@Asssthetic said:

@Blood_huntress said:

@Asssthetic said:

Certain maps do not let you do this strategy such as haddonfield, the game, and the preschool. And boring the killer where they have to leave you doesn't really work on console. I've seen plenty of gameplay on PC where killers basically let survivors leave, but on console (PS4 for me) killers just chase you until you go down.

If you're stuck with a Doctor with that build on those maps, then you USE CABINETS.

• Blood_huntress

@Runiver said:

Just break the pallet.

If only Brutal Strength was enough to keep you from getting insta-blinded.

If only.

• Shipthebread

@Blood_huntress said:

@Asssthetic said:

@Blood_huntress said:

@Asssthetic said:

If you're stuck with a Doctor with that build on those maps, then you USE CABINETS.

No, stop telling survivors how they should play. They should be allowed to just loop and make every killers game boring since sometimes the doctor is annoying.

• Blood_huntress

And in case anyone's wondering, yes, I'm a Killer main! Yes, I have Survivor main friends! No, I don't approve of camping unless I get looped!

• Shipthebread

@Blood_huntress said:
    And in case anyone's wondering, yes, I'm a Killer main! Yes, I have Survivor main friends! No, I don't approve of camping unless I get looped!

I never approve of camping. Be the change you want. Don't let them keep that camping crutch excuse.

• Blood_huntress

@Shipthebread said:

@Blood_huntress said:

I never approve of camping. Be the change you want. Don't let them keep that camping crutch excuse.

Ehh fair, but the thing is that they (loopers) think they can use Killer camping as an exucse but we're trying to tell them that they need to stop looping so we will stop camping.

• Shipthebread

@Blood_huntress said:

@Shipthebread said:

@Blood_huntress said:

Ehh fair, but the thing is that they (loopers) think they can use Killer camping as an exucse but we're trying to tell them that they need to stop looping so we will stop camping.

So don't chase them. Keep leaving them, their games won't be fun.

• m3dicookie
    m3dicookie Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2018

you can't really take out looping because even if we have one pallet its gonna get looped its just what happens its our only weapon against a killer other then just sprinting away or DS (i don't use DS but its a tool) looping is just like camping or dropping a survivor to get to a hook its tool.

• ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177

I asked before how to stealth the doctor.
    You don't really. Stealthing the doctor isn't the best play. It's rather wasting his time with jukes, not loops.
    Every killer requires certain strategies. You don't play against trapper like you do agaisnt Billy.
    Same goes for Doctor. You get to teir Madness 1 while he is chasing somebody else. You quickly repair as many generators as you can. Gen rush him like you should with almost every Killer. (gen rushing is the job of the survivors. No complaints about gen rushing is justified. I get gen completion time is short. But not gen rushing.) If he's going for a three gen strat.....Then It's a pain but you can do it if there's three survivors left. Each on one generator. If he doesn't chase, then it's banable (20 minutes + long matches ; only if he sees you but refuses to chase)
    For looping the doctor......loops are a mechanic that should stay, just be tinkered. I'm not saying loop him to oblivion. That's dumb in many ways. 1) not fun 2) you'll use all your pallets and he'll be able to hunt you down afterwards so easily. Doctor boosts not needing time to find survivors. That's his main strength. In chase he's your average killer.
    Also, your ego can take a hit. Getting hooked isn't as bad as it seems. Not only does he have to patrol gens, but now there's another load on his back. So quick saves may or may not, depending On the situation and I REPEAT DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION, be a bad move.
    To sum up. Adapt. I had your problem. I asked and got many responses and in depth guides. Every killer has a unique counter strategy. At least that's how it should be. Looping takes away the 'strategy' part in this game as every killer's counter is looping. Why do you think nurse is so op? She's strong, but stealth crushes her.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@m3dicookie said:
    you can't really take out looping because even if we have one pallet its gonna get looped its just what happens its our only weapon against a killer other then just sprinting away or DS (i don't use DS but its a tool) looping is just like camping or dropping a survivor to get to a hook its tool.

Survivors do not need nor deserve in any capacity a weapon to use against the killer. They are supposed to use finesse, wit and mind games to lose the killer too avoid capture. Not feel they have the capabilities and tools necessary to combat them head on. The unfortunate reality is that survivors do have weapons, many weapons to use against the killer and it is this reality that has this game is such a frustrating, god awful state.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

I'm a survivor main.

Looping is a blight on this game and makes the Killer an absolute joke. They need to remove it to make the Killer a serious threat again.

If Hide or Die manages to do this well, it could be bad for DbD. We'll see during Beta.

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    edited June 2018

@Blood_huntress said:

@only1biggs said:
    It's one thing to know to do it...it's a completely different thing to know how to do it.

What else would you have them do? Make life easy for you, their opponent?

I expect them to give me a challenge, not take the game hostage from me.

Right, but a challenge in what regard? The best way for survivors to keep away from killers is to run certain loops and use them correctly (which most don't). How are they "taking the game hostage from you"? That makes no sense :/

Another person mentioned hiding, considering the game is "hide and seek" and you agreed..but then the same killers that get annoyed with looping get annoying with survivors being "immersed". I'd rather chase someone than play against the ones that sit around doing nothing all game.

No matter what happens, bad killers will moan and bad survivors will moan and they'll all listen to each other and agree with each others stupid ideas.

• ComelyStar
    ComelyStar Member Posts: 187

Pallet Looping does one thing above all else: It gives the pallet looping survivor a guaranteed escape.
    Dead by Daylight is not a game, where you should have a guaranteed way or setup to be able to escape all the time. You should work for your escape.

Pallet looping is not working for your escape. It's mindless, boring, repetitive behaviour that requires absolutely 0 skill, it only requires you to learn how to pallet loop correctly. People, and the Devs, say a killer shouldn't get themselves pallet looped and just search for other survivors, but at the current state of the game almost every single survivor pallet loops.

What are you meant to do then? Stand in the corner, like a little good boy and give the survivors their so deserved, guaranteed escape because they are all so good at pallet looping?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Asssthetic said:

Bloodlust is a joke, and if you played killer you would know that

• Master

@Asssthetic said:
    They should definitely remove certain pallet loops and infinites (using this word loosely) in upcoming patches, but as a console player, we have certain delays within the game that causes loops to not be as good as PC players. Playing on PC and playing on console are very different and it should be taken into consideration during patches.

Delays? What are you talking about?

• Master

@Blood_huntress said:

There is always someone that loops :wink:

• Asssthetic

@Master said:

@Asssthetic said:

When jumping through a window or pallet, you are kinda like frozen in the animation for like a split second before you actually jump

• Shipthebread

@Asssthetic said:

@Master said:

@Asssthetic said:

When jumping through a window or pallet, you are kinda like frozen in the animation for like a split second before you actually jump

that's not a delay, that was changes made to vault timings in order to make them more balanced. If you time them right (which you aren't) it's not an issue.

• Asssthetic

@Shipthebread said:

@Asssthetic said:

@Master said:

@Asssthetic said:

that's not a delay, that was changes made to vault timings in order to make them more balanced. If you time them right (which you aren't) it's not an issue.

I understand that that was a change made to vaults, but the console version is not as smooth as the PC version regardless of timing.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

I am a killer main. Looping will not be removed from the game just like camping will not. It is a viable tactic just as camping is. Both suck for the opposing player. This is just me personally but I have no issue with a looper. I see a survivor beginning a loop, I walk off and find someone else to terrorize.I just do not take the bait. It is rather funny how often a looper will try to bait you into a loop after you ignore them and make a mistake and bam, down they go.

• hMM
    hMM Member Posts: 121

Pallet loop? -> bloodlust -> don't break pallets -> respect pallets, dont let them stun you

• Shipthebread

@Asssthetic said:

@Shipthebread said:

@Asssthetic said:

@Master said:

@Asssthetic said:

I understand that that was a change made to vaults, but the console version is not as smooth as the PC version regardless of timing.

that hasn't stopped pallet looping. No offense but you probably aren't god like at it is a ll. We all ######### on it because most people are good / above average, it is a skill in some regards to be able to be god like at it. Not everyone can do it quite like the top tier people do.

• Master

@Asssthetic said:

@Master said:

@Asssthetic said:

That has nothing to do with console though, you are describing lagg (maybe try connecting your console via LAN)

• Asssthetic

@Shipthebread said:

@Asssthetic said:

@Shipthebread said:

@Asssthetic said:

@Master said:

@Asssthetic said:

that hasn't stopped pallet looping. No offense but you probably aren't god like at it is a ll. We all ######### on it because most people are good / above average, it is a skill in some regards to be able to be god like at it. Not everyone can do it quite like the top tier people do.

I try not to pallet loop but its hard running around and jumping through windows on console. Obviously, when I need to use the pallet, I have to pallet loop instead of wasting the pallet on the spot.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

@Master said:

@Asssthetic said:

@Master said:

@Asssthetic said:

That has nothing to do with console though, you are describing lagg (maybe try connecting your console via LAN)

That specific issue does sound like lag, but there is a known framerate issue on the consoles and it does cause the vault to be a bit glitchy.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

@Asssthetic said:

Meme post like this deserve flagging...really, stop being so stupid on purpose.

• AlexAnarchy

@Asssthetic said:

@TheXenoborg said:

@Asssthetic said:

@TheXenoborg said:

Regardless if I leave the spot or not, I eventually scream so hiding is not an option against him.

Get madness 1 while he's chasing someone else, you win at that point meme post extremist.

• AlexAnarchy
    edited June 2018

@Asssthetic said:

@Blood_huntress said:

@Asssthetic said:

All maps can be stealthed entirely with every killer, your just too busy making meme post excuses to not try them.

This discussion has been closed.