The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

For the developers why make the killers over powered?

If nothing is done I will continue to get people I know to stop playing this game is no fun at all because of your new update no matter were us survivors run the killer still hits up when we are 20 ft away did you the developers make the hit box every were cause if so there's no point for me and my community in the state wants to play this game because of the update of the killers being too over powered really that's really boring what happened to a challenge 

Answers

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    The chase is there to give you a chance to break line of sight and hide, not try and beat the killer in a foot race. By Design killers are faster so chases will actually end. Adjust your playstyle, there are plenty of survivors that have no issue with escaping sight.
  • Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Killer gets even faster after a handful of seconds.  I usually find a pallet, loop around it once or twice, dive for the pallet and drop it.  Killer will lose the extra speed buff, find another pallet, repeat.

Most killers dont have that big of an advantage, certain perks are required for an average game, average killer.
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@dbdupdatesucks said:
    If nothing is done I will continue to get people I know to stop playing this game is no fun at all because of your new update no matter were us survivors run the killer still hits up when we are 20 ft away did you the developers make the hit box every were cause if so there's no point for me and my community in the state wants to play this game because of the update of the killers being too over powered really that's really boring what happened to a challenge 

So you want the single player to be as powerful as the team player?^^
    Very funny. XD

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Wolf74 said:

@dbdupdatesucks said:

So you want the single player to be as powerful as the team player?^^
    Very funny. XD

I think people forget about the A when reading Asymmetrical
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    edited October 2018

@dbdupdatesucks said:
    because of your new update no matter were us survivors run the killer still hits up when we are 20 ft away

Because, well, killers (except Nurse) are faster than survivors. You consider it overpowered? Really?

did you the developers make the hit box every were cause if so there's no point for me and my community in the state wants to play this game because of the update of the killers being too over powered really that's really boring what happened to a challenge 

Killers are still underpowered, deal with it.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited October 2018

@Mister_xD said:
    asymetrical horror game = one overpowered role vs multiple underpowered roles, who can, if they do it right, beat the overpowered role.

besides the fact, that this is not the case in DbD, please make a little research before posting stuff like this.

Obviously when people say killers are overpowered they dont mean that they mean they are overpowered

• Slayer
    edited October 2018

Get better at juking killer learn how to end a chase

• Slayer

@snipergamergirl said:
    The fact that the killers are beyond over powered makes the game not worth continuing. The soul fact players enjoy the is for the soul chance to put Witt thekiller but theymake it damn near impossible. There is no real challenge for the killer to kill the I wanna say survivors but it’s more victims due to It’s almost a sure fact your going to lose in some horrible way. 

Also the main complaint is their speed, anyone who is anyone have seen the actual movies they portray & never have they been that fast so why make them that way in the game. A lot of killers are complaining that that people can communicate or are being flagged on Xbox/PlayStation games ending up with them having penities on their account but it’s going to continue if the killers don’t get nerfed even a bit especially their speed or make it the killers can’t break the borers, or they don’t get as many perks to find survivors. Make the field level. 

Before any of you killers say anything you guys get perks to see were surviors are, you all get a speed boost, you guys get to see claw marks if we’re we run & you all are complaining about people actually wanting a fair chance. Buck up butter cups you all need to back off the survivors who want to enjoy a fair match I really think you guys should be nerfed on speed make it fair cause you all can make it around the map before a generator is even closed to being started.

you also know where all the generators are which is grossly unfair you should only be able to see it when someone makes a mistakes. That would be fair. So before you say I’m a whining ass survivor. I can say all this cause I’ve played almost all the killers as well & find it hooking people almost not even a challenger it makes the game boring for me as a killer. I want a challeng. They could make it fair since killers have a weapon & are apparently able to fix generators why can’t we make weapons to stun the killer for a good amount of time. Or make them snuggles like people do in the horror movies. I mean it’s what they are basing their game on right. 

Give the survivors a real speed boost. It wouldn’t hurt the killers or take away the scratches away of a hurt survivor make it a fair chance to put a fair play on the actually game cause yes it would be 10x more fun killers will stop being reported & survivors will wanna game more. 

You dont have challenge as a killer on rank 1 ? Prove it

• Malakir
    edited October 2018
    @snipergamergirl again you after your dumb thread about how op are killers?

God I just had a game where swf swarm the hook with the ds clown tbagging to make me leave after getting 4k for their dumbest and cockynessn they call me names. You are the same I'm sure of it, do mistakes and when get punished screms Op Op everywhere

Try to play killer in high ranks full of swf flashlight loops DS etc then come back and tell us how beautiful your experience was.

I got over it looking at it as a challenge but as survivor I relax watching yt videos while grinding rank 1. just by hiding since I suck at looping

EDIT: Just noticed you copy-pasted your thread here.. Wow you are lazy even in that imagine about judging balance by playing one side and sometimes at rank 20 on the other
  • snipergamergirl
    snipergamergirl Member Posts: 6
    @Malakir  I am actually sorry if people called you names. That is childish & I don’t condone that it’s a game & your a person behind the survivor/Killer not going to take it to the point of hurting someone’s feeling. I just stated my thoughts about balance cause I have a chance to express my thoughts about it is all. I wouldn’t hurt another persons feeling intentionally over a game. I kinda had to copy & paste cause I can’t type much from pain in my finger tips. I think what people say to me on my post on here or the other one is their right on how they feel I know they are mostly killers & I haven’t said anything wrong to them cause that is how they feel. 
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    edited October 2018
    The whole idea of the game is the killer being a force to hide from. Survivor should be able to get away, but only because of a smart play on their part not because they're using a particular perk. Making a single Survivor equivalent to The killer only results in loss of purpose for the Killer. Why would they chase Survivors all match if there is absolutely no way to catch up? Its not like a killer can sneak up on you with the huge warning bubble the terror radius gives.
  • Malakir
    @Malakir  I am actually sorry if people called you names. That is childish & I don’t condone that it’s a game & your a person behind the survivor/Killer not going to take it to the point of hurting someone’s feeling. I just stated my thoughts about balance cause I have a chance to express my thoughts about it is all. I wouldn’t hurt another persons feeling intentionally over a game. I kinda had to copy & paste cause I can’t type much from pain in my finger tips. I think what people say to me on my post on here or the other one is their right on how they feel I know they are mostly killers & I haven’t said anything wrong to them cause that is how they feel. 
    Yeah yeah I don't care about insults, I get death threats at least once a day even from people kinda close by. I won't mind that but others might, that's what bothers me.

Except that you're supposed to hide, be scared of the power role and work AS 4 to beat him not 1v1 him/her

That's the point of people, survivors, me included, are given way too much free escapes. I don't use DS cuz I know how free that is and j still perform deeply by hiding and relying on stealthy playstyle

Play as you wish but be critical playing both sides, you know its meant like that and more fun play both. I love this game, I fell in love with I and cuz of that I want it to be improved without silly bias

I want to have more fun as survivor and don't get bored and mess frustrated as killer
  • alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@dbdupdatesucks said:

well then, another survivor main that complains about killers being overpowered, THINK ABOUT IT, in real life if a crazed killer chased you down, would the killer be weak as hell or very powerful

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

If you make survivors faster then I will immediately quit the game because I want to slaughter people and not run behind them till they reach a wall or ######### up.

• MhhBurgers

Making the killer slower/as fast as a survivor has got to be the dumbest idea that I've ever heard. How are we supposed to kill a single survivor then?

• grisstyl
    grisstyl Member Posts: 110

@dbdupdatesucks, I'm not sure how much weight you carry with the community

• Zekromdragon91
    Zekromdragon91 Member Posts: 2
    The hitbox is to big littlebit smaller sorry my english is Not so good

• alivebydeadight

@grisstyl said:
    @dbdupdatesucks, I'm not sure how much weight you carry with the community

None possibly

• alivebydeadight

@MhhBurgers said:
    Making the killer slower/as fast as a survivor has got to be the dumbest idea that I've ever heard. How are we supposed to kill a single survivor then?

because hillbilly exist to this man but if you see killers running, they are on a full sprint or a sprinting power walk, survivors cannot outrun there fears

• alivebydeadight

@dbdupdatesucks said:

btw did you really make this account called dbdupdatesucks to prove a point, kid get good or like mathiue cote said, play something else, btw sorry I cannot spell his first name its really hard for me, and still, just learn how to end a chase

• Doccy
    Doccy Member Posts: 103

Nice bait thread.

• alivebydeadight

@Doccy said:
    Nice bait thread.

By that you mean my poor edit button

• Mediva
    Mediva Member Posts: 124

@snipergirl Did you actually play as killer as well? Because i think that will change your mind. It did for me.
    Yes, against all solo players killers can still be overpowered. But as soon as the killer goes up against a SWF, he is pretty much F*****

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Git Gud
  • Shade11
    Shade11 Member Posts: 6

For me,
    @snipergamergirl
    and
    @dbdupdatesucks are partly right.
    Maybe the survivors need the increased general speed, or perk with that speed, but most importantly the undeniable fact is that survivors are very very VERY underpowered.
    HOOKS
    Hooks are everywhere, the killers have MANY hooks, practically there is hook behind the hook between 4 - 6 +/- meters, that means in 99,9% cases u're going to be hooked and noone can do anything about it, becouse even so when someone coming with a FLASHLIGHT they cant blind the killer becouse he can just turn away, not to mention that it's difficult to aim precisely with flashlight when killer is turning his back or quickly walking side by side. (It's veru rare for me and my friends when playing the killer to meet the opposite organized team, not to mention... with upgraded flashlight)

But i's ok if you want to stay that way, but IF you plan to increase chances for survirvos in any other way.

The PALLETS that can slow the killers are very few relitive to hooks and it seems that you devs think that survivors are even so very OP but i can assure u that's quiet opposite. If u truly think on reparing that drastic unbalance, from my opservation the pallet is broken by the killer TOO QUICKLY and it should be that breaking the pallet takes about 1 or 2 sec time longer for the killer than it is now.
    OR ...
    You devs should edit all maps and add MUCH MORE pallets for the survivors so they can have a little more chances.
    The option with PULLING OUT FROM THE KILLER is funny and useless, becouse you placed hooks everywhere in the map, not to mention that killer see the hooks, so he instantly comes to hook me unless he just want to "play" with me by farming with hits. This is very bullshit, and you have created it.

So...dear devs, i suggest you one or two things to repair.
    You take out plenty of HOOKS or you deprive killers the ability to see hooks, or make for the klliers carrying the survivor more problematic.
    Or...
    You create much more pallets for survivors in nearly all maps or increase the time to break the pallet.
    PS. It would be nice if you developed communication system between survivors more, voices in game or chat, becouse teams of survivors always communicate between when they have Discord, TS itd. so some people always will pass over your barrier but i'm thinking of comfortable play of others.

PS2. Not only me, but almost all of my friends i play with are criticizing you for drastic unbalance, so if you won't do any changes that i mentioned soon, and i will check all the details and news precisely, then i can assure you i will not spend any more money on the existance of your company as i do not on funny Ubisoft.

Good luck Behaviour Interactive devs
    Shade11

• MhhBurgers

Creating more sockpuppet accounts won't help you.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Shade11 said:

For me,
    @snipergamergirl
    and
    @dbdupdatesucks are partly right.
    Maybe the survivors need the increased general speed, or perk with that speed, but most importantly the undeniable fact is that survivors are very very VERY underpowered.
    HOOKS
    Hooks are everywhere, the killers have MANY hooks, practically there is hook behind the hook between 4 - 6 +/- meters, that means in 99,9% cases u're going to be hooked and noone can do anything about it, becouse even so when someone coming with a FLASHLIGHT they cant blind the killer becouse he can just turn away, not to mention that it's difficult to aim precisely with flashlight when killer is turning his back or quickly walking side by side. (It's veru rare for me and my friends when playing the killer to meet the opposite organized team, not to mention... with upgraded flashlight)

But i's ok if you want to stay that way, but IF you plan to increase chances for survirvos in any other way.

The PALLETS that can slow the killers are very few relitive to hooks and it seems that you devs think that survivors are even so very OP but i can assure u that's quiet opposite. If u truly think on reparing that drastic unbalance, from my opservation the pallet is broken by the killer TOO QUICKLY and it should be that breaking the pallet takes about 1 or 2 sec time longer for the killer than it is now.
    OR ...
    You devs should edit all maps and add MUCH MORE pallets for the survivors so they can have a little more chances.
    The option with PULLING OUT FROM THE KILLER is funny and useless, becouse you placed hooks everywhere in the map, not to mention that killer see the hooks, so he instantly comes to hook me unless he just want to "play" with me by farming with hits. This is very bullshit, and you have created it.

So...dear devs, i suggest you one or two things to repair.
    You take out plenty of HOOKS or you deprive killers the ability to see hooks, or make for the klliers carrying the survivor more problematic.
    Or...
    You create much more pallets for survivors in nearly all maps or increase the time to break the pallet.
    PS. It would be nice if you developed communication system between survivors more, voices in game or chat, becouse teams of survivors always communicate between when they have Discord, TS itd. so some people always will pass over your barrier but i'm thinking of comfortable play of others.

PS2. Not only me, but almost all of my friends i play with are criticizing you for drastic unbalance, so if you won't do any changes that i mentioned soon, and i will check all the details and news precisely, then i can assure you i will not spend any more money on the existance of your company as i do not on funny Ubisoft.

Good luck Behaviour Interactive devs
    Shade11

Survivors are not underpowered, YOU are just bad, that's the simple truth.
  • Shade11

@yeet i think you're too blind to see the truth.

• yeet
    Shade11 said:

@yeet i think you're too blind to see the truth.

says you mr cant win playing the most overpowered thing in the game (SWF)
  • Shade11

@yeet says you mr cant win playing the most overpowered thing in the game (SWF)
    said that person who have pulled that statement out from his ass, i think.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/185854#Comment_185854

and i'm done with u. ♥

• MhhBurgers

oh no, the gamer gurl is done with you, how will you ever cope @yeet ?

• MhhBurgers
    edited October 2018
  • Malakir

@Shade11

Survivors UP pls buff

loved that video, and even he say that if the surveys are good the killer is screwed

I guess was there.. Anyway yeah, if even a survivor like him almost in every video feels bad when can abuse windows loops etc there is something wrong
  • yeet

@MhhBurgers said:
    oh no, the gamer gurl is done with you, how will you ever cope @yeet ?

ommmhg im going to cry