Hag is the most boring/monotonous killer in the game by far

Options
smartemarte
smartemarte Member Posts: 254
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

not only is the whole mechanic just irritating making you have to crouch around the map making games last twice as long ..it's just beyond boring and there is hardly any skill to it.

If you play in anything other than lowest graphics you can't see the marks on the ground which is an instant hit to a half decent player....

it's not hard to use her it's just beyond irritating and just a chore to get through which I'm pretty sure isn't the aim of the game

She's that bad I just want to end it on the first hook so I can get into another game :/

she's probably the only killer you could comfortably win with without using perks (as discussed by odtz)

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,785
    Options

I only find her irritating if she sets up a basement strategy. I also rarely see Hag. Her and Demo are the killers I see the least.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,543
    Options

There are other killers that have a lower skill ceiling though and are overall easier to use (cough Freddy cough)

i like her, the power is something that lets survivors actually play differently. And trap placements are actually strategic. Or can be. If you don’t trap a hook/the basement with all your 10 traps.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,623
    Options

Because playing Hag is not fun as well, since you cannot chase. You have to rely on people stepping in your Traps.

I levelled her during the lst double BP Events since I had lots of Cakes on her and I hated every minute.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720
    Options

She is pretty annoying to go against, but most killers don't seem to enjoy her slow methodical playstyle. It's only pushed into outrageous territory if she is a scroll wheel hag, or a rusty shackles hag.

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542
    Options
  • Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,080
    Options

My issue is with hag is that everytime I play against a hag I get teammates who just run to the hooks triggering traps and throwing the game.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
    Options

You opinion dude. Each Killer has a different playstyle, Hag's is setting up traps and ending chases before they start. She's all about strategy and predicting Survivor's movements, possibly even more than any other Killer in the game. Also you don't have to crouch the entire game, once you get a feel for how this Hag places traps (like how a Trapper places traps) you start to realize where its ok to run and where its not.

And it not being hard to use her... she does have a low skill floor, but she's got an insane amount of tech with her traps. A master Hag 4ks more easily than any Spirit or Nurse, just watch any pro Hag. And that's w/o powerful addons like Rusty Shackles or Mint Rag (they're actually bad for the tech involved in the traps).

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

Yeah that's what I was getting at when I said she needed skill.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,623
    Options

I guess others feel the same. I know that some streamers find her boring to play and there must be a reason why you dont see many Hags. And its not because she is weak, she is without a doubt one of the strongest Killers in the game.

• SpicySquid
    SpicySquid Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hag is an interesting killer, mastering her does take a lot of skill and awareness. I think the problem lies in the previous stated survivors. Not a lot of people are checking for the traps and a lot of people dont respect the hooks especially with her.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    Options

She's my queen don't diss her like that :((!! She's the other reason I pack UE because it is the same speed as walking and I get to nyoom over traps lol. I enjoy the strategy involved though, and I prefer her over the trapper because I have a higher chance of evading her activated traps instead of having to repeatedly press a button to fail an escape!

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

if you can't run the game on good graphics that's on you, also hag takes skill a ton of it in fact.

Are her traps easy to activate yes but how does that mean she takes no skill as you have to properly react and place those traps.

If your argument is its too hard to avoid her traps well too bad, that's how her traps work if you didn't have to crouch past them survivors could easily avoid them.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

She's pretty fun and interesting to verse. I find myself struggling against her, but that's because I simply lack experience. Facing a good hag is always exciting

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

The best way to break a hag and this goes with trapper also is break the three gen if a hag is forced to spread out she is a weak killer.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

I'm not a hag main, but everytime I play hag, it's an easy double pip. She is beatable but her weaknesses as rare as matches vs hag. Urban evasion, flashlights and big cornfield maps. She is strong, but she is also rare. I think if more people played as hag, survivors would find some ways to play against her.

She is hard to play against because she has deffensive playstyle. Killers are mostly oppressive so they having hard time protecting gens. Hag has power to defend gens, hooks and any area she like. She is slow, but she doesn't need to be fast because she doesn't need to chase. Survivors bring themseves to her. She can camp without waiting and chase without running. Very inconvinient killer for survivors.

Another defencive killer is Trapper but he is not that effective because his power is not available everytime he want. He should manually collect traps and place it. It is very time consuming. Hag has a huge amount of traps ready to put down from match start.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Hag should be completely reworked; if not, at least make it so walking over traps does not trigger them.

• smartemarte
    edited November 2020
    Options

i'm trying to understand where the skill is here

you place the traps, scroll the wheel and if a trap is activated you instantly teleport and m1 and there's nothing a survivor can do about that once a trap is activated...

the only counter is to crouch round the map which is just an awful way to play the game .... that's not making a survivor player think ... that's making them crouch everywhere as if they were a beginner (we give people crap for urban evading around the map which is essentially the entire play style of the hag)

if it was a skilled killer she wouldn't be one of (if not the only) the only killers that can COMFORTABLY win games without any perks or add ons.

repeat there is nothing skilful about setting up traps at loops etc which a survivor MUST go to if you are in chase

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Deathslinger says hello!

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365
    Options

I personally find her very boring to play both as and against. The first time I played Hag at rank 1, I got consistent 4k's, it isn't fun to not have any chase interaction and just constantly teleport and hit and run. Versing her really sucks as a solo survivor for the same reason. "Wow guess I shouldn't have run there but even if I didn't, she would have followed me and got the hit anyways"

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504
    Options

lol what get good

Learn when to run, walk, crouch and the matches won't last "twice as long." Learn proper gen management and capitalize on the survivors looping a 110% killer.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

huh.

Hag is bae.

and so is playing against her when she's not using the perks I hate facing.

I really do wonder why so many people don't agree.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009
    Options

I mained her for a long time. I even played her back when she stunned herself on teleports. She is strong and easy to snowball. Most matches with her are way too easy, but you will lose to SWF sweating on larger maps. I play her aggressive and it's more fun to have a web set up around the loops/main areas of the map. Sadly most Hags are the "I caught one guy and now I'm going to nearby camp cause I put 8 traps around him. Now when they unhook him, I'll rush in to down the unhooked or use MYC to down the unhooker. Good odds of both going down and I just won the game basically."

I hate most Hags.

• smartemarte
    Options

this is a joke right ? learn when to crouch ? you can't see the hag marks through grass etc so I'm assuming you've got some amazing sixth sense that the rest of us have to be able to do that ? you also can't crouch if she's chasing you.

a mouse wheel scrolling hag will instantly teleport and hit you and then the game snowballs. All she has to do is gen camp the triangle of gens...

I honestly don't understand some people's logic but that's the internet.

• smartemarte
    Options

Hook on hill , trap it , survivors try and crouch all the way up to unhook, hag comes back

same scenario survivor just runs into it hag mouse wheeling instantly teleports and m1's

there is literally no play against her unless you're seal team six which is poor design when the game is supposed to be for solo play as well.

it's just an awful designed killer that encourages camping and i'm at the point now where i just D/C against her as soon as I see

i'd rather wait 5/15 mins to join another game than waste another 10 minutes crouching round the map while she camps a 3 gen

• Thanotos_Omega
    Thanotos_Omega Member Posts: 100
    Options

It means you are supposed to learn to where she will likely trap judge how far she is if she's carrying someone ect, it's not that hard to get, learn how to beat her, if she hooks someone in the basement, either assume it's layered with trap or ditch them and do gens, or wait till she's elsewhere then go get them, use basic tactical concepts such as understanding where she needs her traps where people need to go ect,

• smartemarte
    Options

Lovely bit of theory there

If she camps like most hags do? And you're crouching around trying to get past them what do you do then? Start running and instantly get hit by a wheel scrolling hag?

You're trying to defend it with best case scenario... Do you know any hags that are going to trap a hook and then walk out of teleport range? You must be playing some pretty horrible hags lol

End of the day anyone who's played hag for more than a hour is going to camp in one area once she has a down and just rinse and repeat and theres nothing you can do about it

Otsz has complained about her on many occasions and done videos showing how easy it is to wipe survivors with hag with no perks because it really isn't that hard even against good players.

You're forced to sacrifice atleast a hit to get anyone off a hook and there's always the chance youl run into a random trap that is impossible to see because of fields and rocks etc

The whole argument of just crouching around the mal the entire game just proves my point of how awfully designed she is because you're forced to play like a beginner and hope for the best

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Defensive hags that will teleport, drop the chase and immediately reset and run back to a hook or something are incredibly dull.

She's quite strong and not too hard to play but shes so boring for both sides that no one plays her imo

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
    Options

when they camp it's annoying, otherwise they're fine

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

Hag tends to get 4Ks all the time when I run into her. Most people aren't specced to verse her because the perks that work best against her are junk that fell out of the meta ages ago.

And since she's far from meta and almost never used only the good hag mains use her and most people aren't used to dealing with her, especially newer players.

I do agree though she is just a terribly-designed killer. Incentivizes camping and just really bad.

• Thanotos_Omega
    Options

End of the day killers get to decide if they want to contest a hook, you are not entitled to be unhooked or to unhook others, if you insist on rewarding them with free pressure and damage potential because you are to entitled to the false belief that you deserve by divine right to dictate others play style based on what is best for you, then that's on you, survivors are not entitled to be 3 hooked instead of camped, if a killer feels like it it is their right to employ that tactic weather to earn a challenge a daily or because they personally like to be immersed in their character and focus on guarding their kills, just because hag is good at a legitimate play style doesn't make her bad, it makes you bad for not either just ditching the hooked person because your fragile ego can't stand the idea that a killer isn't choosing to do you a favor by not employing it, or you not bothering to just learn where and when she likely trapped and crouching through it, and you can just do gens camping even for hag takes a while and leaves them with only the pressure generated by rescue attempts unless they are really good and trapped far away to catch rescuers before they (if they aren't you and thus know to start crouching) to surprise them, they won't be able to actually watch the hook while protecting gens outside of super good rng, in which case killers would love to discuss exit gates totems, and even entire maps,

sucks to say this, but this really is one of those times when you just need to "git gud"

• smartemarte
    edited December 2020
    Options

I think this is the worst argument I've heard so far... You're basically saying "git gud" by letting each survivor get hooked and just leave them to die because there's no other way to get around a camping hag that is mouse wheel spamming 😂

At not one point did I say I feel entitled to get hooked 3 times you've just made a story up in your head....

My argument is that her whole mechanic encourages the killer the camp it is extremely boring to play against (again which most streamers actually agree with) but average Joe here his reasoning is "git gud" 😂 awesome

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252
    Options

What to know when fighting Hag

-Flashlights can remove her traps (Yet people forget this..a lot)

-Most Hags do not run mint rag so they usually can only Tp..IF trap goes off

-Duck walk..forever

-She is more about map control/traping places...Basically, marking her Terrority. If you step into her home with no respect..You get the slap.

-Her playstyle is not about chasing you all over the map,It is about waiting for you to be dumb enough to get put in a bad spot.

She is beatable, just requires you to understand Hag aint nothing to ######### with.

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570
    Options

I find her very fun to play as and against, because i have to play differently, i have to think where she puts her traps, to figure that player out, on top of that it takes a lot of skill to play her efficiently, everyone can camp hooks, but that's how bad players play and they are easy to play around.

• Thanotos_Omega
    Options

If you don't want to ditch the hooked person learn where she will place her traps and crouch there, and fun is subjective, if the hag player has fun camping then get over it, and the killer isn't required to play for your fun, they are (and i know this will be hard for you to grasp) entitled to play how they want, Hag is a defensive killer who specializes in controlling an area, so either do the gens or learn to crouch at the right times in her territory, it's not that hard, it costs 0 dollars to realize occasionally in a game like this you will be up against a much better player who will be having fun crushing scrubs because instead of learning to play they demand things get removed, hag is just better than most because she can't teabag at exit gate,

• smartemarte
    Options

You've literally just described why she's designed horribly

-flash light you have to know you're against her to take one

-you can't always see traps because of corn, walls. Rocks etc

-crouch EVRYWHERE.... This is exactly why its boring to play against and I'd rather just stare at the wall!

-marking her territory like doing a 3 gen which happens every single game vs a" good" hag....

-once she's hooked someone and set traps what are you supposed to do? Let people die on first hook because you literally can't save if she is anywhere in the area still? That's bad game mechanics

• smartemarte
    Options

So I'm saying her mechanics are boring and flawed because it encourages her to camp one area and if the killer isn't leaving the area it's almost impossible to save without trading places and you're agreeing with me?

If you're in a hags area just crouch the entire game? You're winning my argument for me 😂

There's a reason she's hardly used because it's boring to set an area and then constantly mouse wheel spam and it's boring to crouch everywhere and pretty much know you're dead on hook if you get taken to a basement.....

That's not a discussion about skill that's a discussion about a killers mechanics being extremely toxic and lean towards the style of play that everyone hates in camping 🤷‍♂️

You can say git gud all you want but that doesn't change the fact that she's extremely easy to use and horribley boring to play against....

And again I think I'll take the opinion of the streamers that play on a daily basis rather than a random guy on the forums who thinks he's amazing at the game becuase they don't agree with you 🤷‍♂️

• Thanotos_Omega
    Options

Or as i have said over and over and over to you, you can learn where hags place their traps, and if you aren't in a state of suspense when moving through a likely trapped area then that is a failing of the base game mechanic failing to make the threat of the killer legitimate enough,

Streamers have a financial incentive towards specific gameplay, they are not a reliable source of what is and not actually fun for everyone ingame,

If people always choose to rescue then killers are entitled to use that knowledge to form their tactics and strats, because hey you know what's better than one dead may or maybe not dead guy? that plus a chase plus the possibility of another chase and hook if the other rescuer rushes in and you catch him not depending on gens the survivors are in a terrible spot where they legit have to rescue or face a really hard late game, and all because someone couldn't be bothered to not rescue every hooked person ever, you don't have to rescue that person, you can just do gens and trust another player whose got more experience and knows how hag's play to do it and either outplay her or get outplayed, or get doomed because the unhooked person rushed out setting off traps and they are now both hooked, and you can now decide to either follow the other remaining player to try and help rescue, or you can look for the hatch and camp it, or you can choose to finish the last gen so if the rescue works you can open the gate and everyone escapes or no one does because the last person messed up and is now hooked and the hag closes the hatch and the gates are in range of her traps and you forget to crouch on your way up to the gate to start trying to open it and she jumps you and you die, all born of choices, that you and others made, all because the hag knew someone was going to come along and try to rescue the first hooked person,

if ya'll would just once in a while not go for the rescue camping wouldn't be as popular, 99% odds are worth banking the game on, but if there is only a 60% chance someone is going to rescue that person well you have to weigh the odds, and decide if your willing to wager the game on that, or if you will put your hook at greater risk by going out and trying to get other survivors, and apply pressure, as it stands though rescues both have a success rate that encourages survivors to engage in them and a occurrence rate that get's killers to count on them,

• smartemarte
    Options

as i said, i think most people would value their opinion much more than yours :)

the fact that you're just saying "leave the person on the hook" just shows how much of a stupid mechanic and BORING it is to play against.

• AnnoyingNarrator
    AnnoyingNarrator Member Posts: 222
    Options

I am a killer main, and I can say with absolute certainty that survivors should be able to go for the save. My main issue with hag is that she gets a lot of reward for little cost, especially regarding unhooks. Setting up traps is quick and easy, and the traps serve both as tools to get hits and as intel. Combine this with the right addons and Make Your Choice and you can cut down survivors with ease. It is very unfair towards survivors, as the hag can get in a chase with another survivor and teleport and the right time. The counter, crouching, is also rather dumb and is way to slow with out Urban Evasion.

Flashlights also are there, but they will run out of battery rather quickly.

• Thanotos_Omega
    Options

I'm not arguing it's not unfun, or boring, for the survivors i'm pointing out that there is no solution that doesn't ruin Hag in other situations, and that you have counterplay, looping isn't fun for me but i'm not in here demanding that vaulting be removed or that killers have their base movement speed increased to 150% because i get that the open nature of the game creates situations where i will not have fun and others will and i deal with it, while this person sits here and demands easy freebies with no game knowledge, because taking their time drives them to such a point of insanity that they need to complain about it here, this isn't "this boss has to much HP and it makes the fight drag on a bit" this is "I refuse to use the block button in PVP remove the other person's attacks" Hag players may have spent 100s of hours on her, they don't deserve to have her nerfed into the ground because someone had to interrupt their M1 simulator to actually learn how to play the game, you don't have to crouch nonstop, you need to learn where she will put her traps, and see if she's staying close enough to teleport to them,

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747
    Options

I wish people would find a better word than "boring". Its lost its meaning at this point. It just sounds like "I dont wanna improve make it easier for me" imo. Anyway Hag can be easily looped with her 110% speed. However she's at her strongest when she's playing basement hag. Crouch walking helps but if she's smart and wastes too much time she will definitely go back to the hook. Most of the time its up to the survivors to trigger traps you see her set so she loses traps. If you see her set traps either drop the pallet early or move on to the next loop. Trigger her traps if she leaves you.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

Dont hate on my midget queen cause you are jealous

• Father_Dark
    Father_Dark Member Posts: 84
    Options

lol these comments are hilarious. I've played against a couple of hags, and I walk in and when I get close to one of the 3 sacred gens, I crouch. I do it from a "safe" distance, where I think she won't have put traps, but not so far away that it takes forever. Then you work on a gen. The hag doesn't do a lot of patrolling. If her traps are going off in a different area, she's over there dealing with it, hitting survivors and running them off and resetting traps.

If you, as a survivor, create a terrible 3 gen, that's on YOU and your team of idiots. Had a match recently where they did just that, and I was the Doctor. Most had been double hooked, but no one was out. It was a really nasty 3 gen. I've never seen 3 gens closer. They come in, I hit them, they run off. A few times, they came really close to getting one of the gens. Eventually got the 3K because I wasn't stupid and didn't chase them far (the one that got away used the hatch after I hooked the 3rd.) They needed one of those gens to win and that's where I stayed. Early game, learn to split up the gens. If you finish a gen and see the gen next to it is done, well, you are setting yourself up for a painful end game session if don't go get one on the far side of the map (or center, if you haven't done that yet.)

Oh also keep in mind, the Hag only has 10 traps. 10! She isn't trapping every loop and gen and window and pallet and doorway. 10! That's it. She strategically places her traps where she believes dumb survivors will run or walk across.

The Trapper isn't all the different. He is defensive as well. And I was caught in a trap and it took 13 tries to finally get out. I counted. He just stood there, watching... waiting for me to break free... then hit me and he didn't have any addons to make it more difficult to get out of either. Just bad rng for me.

Every killer is different and requires different play styles to counter. Just because you can't adapt to her "low skill" playstyle, well, that's on you.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    edited December 2020
    Options

Can't Hags just be the worst sometimes? But I do have to say, some of the most fun I'd had as a survivor recently (like, in the past 6 months) has been going against The Hag.

but @smartemarte what's up with all the mentions of scroll wheels?

Edit: I hate being chased, so I love when a Hag stops chasing me but also realize that it just means she's getting better prepared to down me next time. No other killer drops chase for any scary reason.

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252
    Options

-People take Flashlights almost every game, So yeah..Unless,you lack one no excuse.

-Well, It comes with the fact not all survivors can be seen in every map due to same objects. You just gotta think about where she would set em.

-If you can't duck walk in a area where It is clear hag would set up traps. (hooks gens and what not) idk what to tell you)

-Don't have 3 gens like 2 feet away from each other and you might not have that problem.

-Duck walk over and save them? It is super easy or flashlight the traps.. If she is camping..that is a whole other problem.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

There was a hating on Hag thread and I missed it!!! Honestly I'm ashamed of myself..

Would absolutely love to just delete the ***** already lol