Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

PC - Killer Can't Pick Up EXPLOIT

HighViRuX
HighViRuX Member Posts: 25

When a survivor gets downed while fixing a generator on the "handle" side the Killer can't pick them up if they don't move. Other survivors can heal the survivor on the floor with no problem.

I really hope I don't get in trouble for this, but there's no way to showcase this exploit without actually doing it.

Steps to reproduce: Fix a generator on the "handle" side (I'll show screenshots of which side I mean), the Killer must come and down you without grabbing while you're currently fixing the generator. If done correctly you'll be on the floor with your head under the generator. There, the Killer can try as hard as they want to mash space bar anywhere but picking up is impossible.

This is really bad, it cheats the Killer out of a hook since he can't do anything but leave you there to be picked up later. Please fix asap.

I'll add some screenshots of a Clown trying pick me up for a good while and then abandoning me, also showing the side of the generator where this happens.

6 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Nullclines
    Nullclines Member Posts: 232

The same thing happened to me as Pig on Coal Tower, when I downed a survivor working on a gen (it was the same side shown above). After they were picked up they could move normally again.

I've got screenshots from my perspective, but they don't show much apart from having no prompt to pick them up.

• stvnhthr
    stvnhthr Member Posts: 777

I can confirm this happens on the regular.

• HighViRuX
    HighViRuX Member Posts: 25

I'd like to clarify that the survivor can crawl normally if they want to, they are not stuck, they just choose to stay there so they can't get picked up by the Killer. As soon as you move from that position even a bit the Killer can pick you up normally.

• Nullclines
    Nullclines Member Posts: 232

Update: the same happens at the exit as well. Steve stayed in the trial (see the bottom-left corner), but I could not pick him up.

• Teacyn
    Teacyn Member Posts: 93

I can add an additional screenshot of this happening on Autohaven. These survivors seem to have been a SWF abusing it intentionally, they kept jumping on generators on the handle side right before I hit them. I was able to kill the obsession when she did this, but I could not pick them up.