We need a new side objective ASAP

AggressiveFTW
AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Map reworks and new chapters and all of that is great. But the game is getting staler and staler even if we receive new chapters and such because we won't always face the new killers every game. That is why I think we need a new side objective (a base side objective, such as totems, chests, breakable walls and more).

If you had the choice of being the one who would choose a new side objective, what would it be?

Comments

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited December 2020

Problem with side objectives is that some killers could use them but on others they're completely unnecesary. Sure it could help the stealth killers and setup killers. But then you'd have to both nerf a ton of existing gen slowdown perks aswell as potentially nerf the stronger killers that already can end chases in 10-20 seconds from full health.

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049
    edited December 2020

I never said it had to be a side objective for killers only. Last added side objective was breakable walls which were on the killer side. This time it should be a survivor side objective IMO.

• AnnoyingNarrator
    AnnoyingNarrator Member Posts: 222

Actually, let's run with that. Certain killers have certain side objectives, and you can use that to narrow down who you are facing before you see them.

For example, let's say the door has a box on the switch, and you need to find a crowbar to yank it off. However, only three killers have that side objective, Pig, Wraith, or Trapper. It serves both as a stalling tool to slow down the game for the killers, but also provides the survivors with some information on who they are dealing with.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Having killer specific things like that would just feel like a compromise insteaed of actually making them stronger.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

I don't necessarily think we need more, we just need more ways or reasons to interact with the ones we've got.

Like for instance, Totems. If the Killer isn't running a Hex Perk, there's no reason for the Survivors to break any of them. But what if there was? Say each Totem gave killers a speed buff to picking up Survivors, hooking Survivors, and kicking generators (only generators). They do so at a rate of +1% per living totem per generator completed, but then -2% per dead survivor. So, if you don't touch the Dulls, at the very end of the game, the Killer will be able to throw downed Survivors around like rag dolls with a +25% speed bonus. Don't want them to get them? Break the bones, but the buff is specifically for things that don't happen mid chase so you can ignore it if you want.

Or take Breakable Walls. The way I thought they'd work (or hoped they'd work) would be that Killers can go through them real quick... picture the Kool Aid man going through a wall. Basically they'd be a single use way for a Killer to get out ahead of a Survivor. Then after that, a Survivor can come by later and take 6-10 seconds to build a crude barrier out of the debris which then functions exactly like a thrown pallet. Once that crude barrier is destroyed, nothing further can be done with the wall.

Or like... chests. Chests are kind of useless unless you're running perks to buff or influence what you find. With the new animation, this might not make sense, but it would be neat if Survivors could do something to actively choose for the chest to give them a Medkit, Toolbox, Flashlight, or Map of the lowest rarity. Make your choice, get the worst version of what you want or roll the dice.

• Teacyn
    Teacyn Member Posts: 93

Yeah I think the number of Side Objectives we have is fine, but they could do with more depth. Breakable walls were pretty disappointing IMO.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763
    edited December 2020

My only problem with this is killer side objectives are either not needed to be good or a large pain while survivors don't generally do side objectives (from my understanding) unless they see the killer has a hex or they need a medkit to heal and don't have one. (because the others are slugged or somethin)

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

That's true too, I was thinking when posting that more of like Devour Hope but you've got a point.