Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

If you had to remove one perk on both sides, which ones would you remove and why?

Personally I would remove:

Dead Hard: SUPER annoying, unreliable, braindead, and nothing more than a way to "outplay" killers by just pressing a button for free distance while potentially undermining an actual good play. At least DS has a genuine reason to exist healthwise, Dead Hard is just plain annoying and overused and imo has 0 reason to exist and be stacked with the several other extra chance perks.

Insidious: All it does is encourage camping. Insidious has absolutely no place in the game with how the community views camping and with how the emblem system punishes it. There are also several other stealth perks that are miles more fun and better to use. Sorry toxic bubbas.

Comments

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Object of Obsession for Survivors, it´s the most unfair and unfun thing left in the game.

Toss between Undying and NOED for Killer

I´d rather have them tweaked to a reasoable level instead of removing them altogether though

• getuy45u4iu
    getuy45u4iu Member Posts: 93

Dead Hard, it is extremely annoying.

Wouldn't remove any killer perk.

• herrik666
    herrik666 Member Posts: 191

Object of Obsession and NOED, both have the exact same issue: they're extremely annoying to deal with

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Dead Hard, because it's pretty much the poster child of the second chance meta.

Ruin, because right now it's too damn strong for no real effort.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

Dead Hard is literally stupid and it will be worse when redone from the ground up for dedicated servers. (At least change it so you CAN get hit if you Dead Hard at the killer seriously that's dumb af)

Hoarder because seriously why did this need to exist? The region of effect is so far that unless you're playing a fast moving killer you won't get over there in time and you give survivors a better chance to find something that's good for them. (as survivor I don't mind, but when killer I'm like "this is a waste of my time to get")

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Survivor: Borrowed Time

Promotes rushing hooks, farming survivors.

Killer: NOED

Free generator pressure, often encourages camping.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,761

Survivor: Object of Obsession. I'm not sure I really need to explain.

Killer: NOED. It's a perk that demolishes solo teams whilst SWFs can easily coordinate totem cleansing, and teaches really bad habits to killer players making them reliant on it. It becomes their crutch perk and they need to NOED camp to secure a kill and somehow they safety from it because the solos will rush in to try and save or cleanse the totem. It shouldn't exist.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

Killer - Knockout. It just encourages slug builds. Most killers I see using it slug survivors until they bleed out.

Survivor - Bond. Most players I see using this perk use it to screw over their teammates not help them.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I would say

Object of Obsession, it's just so unhealthy for the game and gives a major unnecessary buff to swf while possibly being the death of an unaware solo.

Insidious, for your reasons. You cannot use this perk to benefit you in anyway unless it's camping.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    edited December 2020

Wanted to give basically the same answer

I hate bamboozle so much, sucks the fun out of every chase

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Object for survivors and insidious for killer would be my pick

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Killer: spirit fury

this perk adds nothing to the game imo. On its own it’s a useless perk that needs to charge up but with enduring you get rewarded for playing bad. Oh the survivor looped you well at an unsafe pallet and gets the stun nah they’re downed now.

survivor:self care

its annoying to everyone in the lobby and isn’t worth using. Inner strength already does it’s job better

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

For survivors it would be either removing OoO or deadhard. Deadhard is definition of a crutch which allows you to press a button to fix your mess up while looping.

For killer, equally crutch NOED or insidious

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Monstrous Shrine & This Is Not Happening.

I just can’t see the devs reworking either of these to something compelling and useable, and with a buff that is not broken either.

Just get rid of them.

• Chloe_Deplano
    Chloe_Deplano Member Posts: 39

Like someone mentioned above, I would remove Object of Obsession. Very unfun to play against in general, but especially if you are a Freddy, Hag or Trapper.

For Killer that would be Insidious. I know it's not used much except by some trolls, but I don't always want to be facecamped by a Bubba or a Deathslinger in Midwich Elementary School (like it happened a week ago).

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Survivor: Object of Obsession. Least balanced perk in the game, and serves no real purpose. DS at least discourages tunneling straight off the hook. BT is necessary to combat camping (and against certain killers it's still not enough). The exhaustion perks make chases more interesting, especially if the survivor is skilled at using them). Object is just plain annoying and gives the killer's position away in exchange for having your own aura revealed (sometimes). Playing Solo, the information is useless. PLaying SWF the information is OP.

Killer: Hex: Noed. If we're being honest, Noed doesn't really encourage people to cleanse all the dull totems. Nobody's really scared of Noed until it hits, and when it does most people just bolt out the exit gate. You can usually tell if a killer has NoeD based on how they play. It's way smarter to remember totem locations and find noed after the last gen pops. While it serves a purpose, I'm not sure it really fulfills its purpose. I feel like Undying fulfills its purpose better. Undying is definitely more annoying to go against as a solo survivor. But I think that can be tweaked a lot better than NoED can.

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613
    edited December 2020

well hate ds but i like it it just needs a tweak so imma go with dead hard

edit adrenaline

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    edited December 2020

Killer: bamboozle, stop destroying my shack, I live here :(

Survivor: Self-care just so people will bring medkits instead or actually pay DLC for inner strength or pharmacy. Self-care is not a perk, it's a drug that harms new players.

There is no "self-care can be used in the right situation". Equip WGLF and start grinding the bloodweb for medkits plebs or better yet equip bond and let others heal you.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

On the survivor side, it's hands down Object of Obsession. OoO is an unpleasant perk that I think most of us can agree should have been reworked a long time ago.

I don't think there are any killer perks which are quite as egregious as OoO (not even NOED, Ruin, or Undying), so I could agree with removing Insidious. I think it is a poorly thought-out perk that also deserves a rework; Trail of Torment is a better example of what Insidious could have been.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

How does a perk that doesn't work or appear until after all generators are done apply generator pressure?

• CLB198
    CLB198 Member Posts: 315

Shadow born because its use will hurt future killer play

No mither because it is just a trap for survivors in its current state

• H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3
    H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 Member Posts: 189

Object of obsession and NOED. Both for the same reason. They are wayyyy too strong and require little input from the player

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Urban evasion for survivor.

Killer there's nothing I really care about removing. Maybe Insidious but I very rarely see that. Maybe NOED but I enjoy the stress it brings at endgame.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

So many Dead Hards. It's jank af and easy to bait out, sprint burst is a lot more annoying if you ask me.

Anyways, I would remove Object of Obsession for obvious reasons. Or Self-Care just because its annoying. Or Iron Will.

For Killers? Stridor if I removed Iron Will. Otherwise, I'd probably remove ... ??? I dunno tbh.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

Object or dead hard for survivor. Object is just a horrible perk, and its especially unfair on certain killers like stealth killers, Trapper, Hag etc. Dead hard because its just a chase extender. Most killers will bait it out, but often its used to make it to a pallet or a window. Its just such a crutch for chase, IMO.

Noed for killer. I know it can be countered by simply cleansing totems. That's not my issue. I feel like it just rewards failure.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,217

Survivor: Either Dead Hard or Unbreakable

Killer: NOED probably

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

Killer: No One Escapes Death.

Survivor: Object Of Obsession

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

Killer: Stridor so Spirit has an actual counter.

Survivor: Object of Obsession

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 334

Dead Hard for me. Survivors use it to extend loops and get to pallets or gain more distance. OoO I can just tunnel or camp out if I don't just ignore them

Killer I would say NoEd or perhaps Pgtw . NOed for obvious reasons and pop so I don't lose gen progress.

• MrGrizzly
    MrGrizzly Member Posts: 143

Knockout I understand, but bond? It's such a handy perk to use, esp as a solo Qr, if people use it to bodyblock or something (On purpose), then I've never seen it before and they should just be reported, instead of just removing a very good perk that people should use more in solo Qs.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

I agree with OoO, but infectious fright is a mixed bag imo. That perk can really screw over killers who overestimate their own abilities, so I don't think it can be abused much.

I second, or third or whatever the count is, remove OoO from survivors. My second pick is Spine chill; spine chill just needs a rework, perk is too damned strong.

For killer, remove monstrous shrine and unrelenting. They're pure garbage.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Either Tinkerer or Undying.

A perk shouldn't massively reward the killer and punish survivor for simply doing objective.

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542

Survivor : Babysitter - Utterly useless, why is this a paid-for perk?

Killer : Zanshin Tactics - Why is there a cooldown on this already terrible perk. Again, it's a paid-for one. Why does this exist at all? I doubt anyone ever uses it unless they're going for Adept.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 753

I would remove the unlimited second chances per build. As in can only have 1.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

No One Escapes Death requires the survivors to stop whatever they are doing and do ALL bones before the last generator is completed or face massive consequences. The killer doesn't have to equip this perk, the threat of them potentially having it will have the same effect (exactly like Decisive Strike).

The main problem I have with this perk is that killers will usually destroy solo queue players because they have no means of keeping track of the bones (unless they run a perk). Since solo queue players cannot keep track of bones, they usually just ignore them entirely and complete generators because against a decent killer, we can't have all survivors checking the map and find every single destroyed totem — that's just too much time you're giving the killer.

Therefore, that's why I believe we should remove it from the game, it's unhealthy for the game because it's a perk designed to destroy groups who can't communicate. The killer doesn't even have to equip it, survivors have to treat all killers like they have it equipped. It's just a mess for solo queue, but if you're in a premade group, you have no excuse at that point to deactivate No One Escapes Death.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Object and Insidious. Both are either toxic or trash depending on how they are used, with no middle ground.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Object of obsession.

Insidious OR remember me, they encourage camping and tunneling.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,474

Ruin is too strong for no real effort, however thats because the no effort is 2 ways, both killer having passive slowdown and survivors not looking for totems to remove it

• shyguyy
    shyguyy Member Posts: 298

Dead Hard because it’s extremely unreliable, yet when it does work it corrects a mistake that can extend chases that should have ended.

Infectious “play the game for me” Fright. Need I say more?

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009
    edited December 2020

Some posts in here made me laugh. Imagine a Survivor main coming in here and saying the two perks that should be removed is Undying and Deja Vu. So much bias exists.

I'd probably want to delete more than a couple. But I'll actually just pick Deja Vu and Monstrous Shine. Useless perks. I feel most of the two strong perks could be brought down in power level.

Oh wait... OoO exists. OoO and Stridor to just make the Spirit mains rage.

• MadLordJack
    edited December 2020

And then Undying comes along and keeps it going, thus reinforcing the "no real effort" part because now the survivors are putting in a shiteload of effort and it's still up.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,474

yea but its still on the survivors for putting in effort to only find one thing and leaving behind the other totems so

still a tossup

• MadLordJack

Not sure I'd call that a toss up, one side is putting in all the effort and the other is using tracking perks to know which generators to camp.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    edited December 2020

Oni, nurse, tuft of hair Myers don't want infectious fright removed, killers that don't need this info mind you but you're dumb not to run it. I never see it used successfully at rank 1 by anyone else. Maybe Spirit and Freddy again killers that don't need it but can sure utilize it if they do so desire. Sure you can pop on calm spirit and call it a day but call me crazy I want to scream when I'm hooked.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Unbreakable and undying.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

So many OoO responses.

I can tell you now though that it’s friggin hilarious when the stars aline when OoO happen to be in my matches when running TTS and Undying.

Those matches become VERY unfun for the OoO once they’re blinded.