Add automated ban for disconnects and stop the match if DC before 1 min (Like Overwatch)

I'd like this game to adopt a pretty standard system of automated timed bans for disconnects and a system in place for DC's before a time limit.

A 3 man survivor match is boring for the killer and survivor.

I don't think the system of ending a match before a min with a DC would work without the automated bans though because of people abusing it.

But yeah, the bans could go like, a couple of warnings, 30 min, hour, 3 hours, 24 hours, 3 days, week, season.

I'm just very tired of being stuck in matches with a DC at the start while playing either mode.

Comments

• AkimboJEsus
    AkimboJEsus Member Posts: 27
    You should just get a cooldown on joining matches. People shouldn't be banned from a game for multiple days because their internet drops out a couple times. 
  • Doctor_Derek
    Doctor_Derek Member Posts: 93
    edited October 2018

@AkimboJEsus said:
    You should just get a cooldown on joining matches. People shouldn't be banned from a game for multiple days because their internet drops out a couple times. 

you'd have to be deliberately doing it for it to get to that point. Over time, the penalty would diminish to the tier below.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

Everyone who plays this game seems to have SOMETHING to complain about.

I'm fine with my BP. I don't really care about dcs but maybe because they rarely happen for me. When they do? it's because I tunnelled someone and played like a prick, says something I guess.

• Doctor_Derek
    Doctor_Derek Member Posts: 93

@Brady said:

I'm fine with my BP. I don't really care about dcs but maybe because they rarely happen for me. When they do? it's because I tunnelled someone and played like a prick, says something I guess.

this literally didnt contribute anything to the topic. I love the game, I just want it to be better. that's the point of the forums.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited October 2018

@Doctor_Derek said:

@Brady said:

this literally didnt contribute anything to the topic. I love the game, I just want it to be better. that's the point of the forums.

Point = dcs don't happen as often as people say

Also, banwave happened. A lot of people who were excessively dcing are also automatically banned.

If you got excessive dcing in your games from people rqing - question your style of gaming. Maybe it's enraging. (Of course this doesn't mean you aren't allowed to play how you want)

So, yes, to answer your OP with ontopic, there is automatic banning for dc.

This isn't a competitive game either. Mind you, so a ban for 1 disconnection is irrational.

• BearTrapSnap
    BearTrapSnap Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2018
    There's a lot of PS4 players who DC at the drop of a hat. It's a problem still. I think an increasing penalty the more you DC is completely fair. It's a staple of nearly every major online game I've ever played. That or there's some kind of BM player pool for the worst of the worst.
  • AkimboJEsus
    AkimboJEsus Member Posts: 27

@AkimboJEsus said:

you'd have to be deliberately doing it for it to get to that point. Over time, the penalty would diminish to the tier below.

That's great and everything, but people would just unplug their ethernets or just disable networking in Task Manager. You can't detect whether or not somebody unplugged their cord or genuinely dced. 

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Am I the only one who likes 3vs1 matches?
    Game feels more challenging and isn't a gen rush. I have to be more careful and the killer usually doesn't feel the need to camp. 
  • Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187

The problem with your suggestion is that BHVR does not have dedicated servers. If they implement a Dedicated server then you can implement more bans and cooldowns. Until then, hopefully, they have enough evidence to ban people.

• cTrix
    cTrix Member Posts: 122

@Doctor_Derek said:
    I'd like this game to adopt a pretty standard system of automated timed bans for disconnects and a system in place for DC's before a time limit.

A 3 man survivor match is boring for the killer and survivor.

I don't think the system of ending a match before a min with a DC would work without the automated bans though because of people abusing it.

But yeah, the bans could go like, a couple of warnings, 30 min, hour, 3 hours, 24 hours, 3 days, week, season.

I'm just very tired of being stuck in matches with a DC at the start while playing either mode.

I made a thread about this a month ago. Not_Queen told me directly after one of the dev streams that it's "literally impossible right now"

So yeah. Whatever that means.