Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Switch Lite graphics

Hi there. I’m new to this game (been playing it about a month) and really enjoyed it. I’ve been getting more into it and wanted to see if I should take it more seriously and get more into the game. I love many aspects of the game but my first gripe is with the graphics on the Switch version.

Many of the maps are really dark. They’re so dark I can’t see the small objects (or sometimes if there is anything) blocking my way. There have been a few times I’ve run towards a door or window knowing it’s there only to get stuck on things I couldn’t see, or running around loops that I can’t tell if there are things jutting out of (I can’t tell if it’s the shadow of the debris or rock or if there is something in that shadow. The entire thing is just an indistinguishable black). I’ve tried increasing the brightness but that just makes the bright areas too bright and doesn’t do very much to brighten the dark ones. I also play on the Switch Lite and cannot magnify the screen.

Needless to say it has affected my enjoyment of the game. I didn’t mind it at first but as I get into the game trying to perform better, not seeing the obstacles and therefore not being able to path properly makes a big difference. I have other pieces of feedback (such as framerate and matchmaking) but I’m still learning and adjusting to the game and thought I would bring this up to the devs first, fingers crossed it will be looked at.

I came to the forums to see if anyone else posted about such things but it seems most people here play on PC and Xbox/PS and very few people play on the Switch, god forbid the Switch Lite. Maybe I’m just boned and a fool to buy and try to play this game on the Switch Lite, but I really enjoy it and was hoping to see if I could play it well before I decide whether or not to just not take this game seriously.

Thanks for listening!

Comments

• ExclusiveB
    ExclusiveB Member Posts: 15

They really need to give the Switch version an overall health patch. It's been running poorly since Day 1. Everything from the graphics to the lighting to the laggy skill checks need to be addressed.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

I agree with this, I stopped playing the Switch version due to lag spikes causing the game to randomly not recognising the button was being mashed whilst struggling on hook. It didn't happen all the time but was often and that killed me early far too many times.

• halfmanhalfape
    halfmanhalfape Member Posts: 153

Ooh hey didn’t notice replies! Yeah I hope they improve the switch version. There are lag spikes when I take a hit, when I go into dream world, when I dead hard etc. I understand the constraints and I’m no programmer myself but many here have said the performance can be a lot better, and I believe them.

Here’s to hoping something will be done!

• halfmanhalfape
    halfmanhalfape Member Posts: 153

So just to update, many players dislike the new patch, animations and so forth, but on the Switch version this patch actually fixed a lot of things. Graphics are more crisp, lighting is better, I can actually see where I am going and can see my own character. Hits seem a lot more fair, at least on my(survivor) end. My ping has actually gotten better too.

So at least the Switch version is running better. Now to fix everything else.