Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Clown the filler killer

Okay Clown is a filler killer and is a combination of doctor and huntress. and is a step down.
Clown's tonic should be a type of poising effect, (it does everything it already does plus) it puts survivors into a injured/exposed kinda state for a period of time. they don't bleed, but they make coughing noises, and can be downed if hit during the drug timer.
The timer will be like borrowed time, and will ware off after a maybe 40 or 50 seconds? (give or take)
if a survivor is hit with the tonic while (physically) injured, a timer will begin, when the timer hits zero they will enter the dying state. BUT!!!!!! if they are downed by the drug timer, they will not bleed but make coughing noises. And a ware off timer will appear, once that timer hits zero, the survivor will renter the injured state. (that is unless the clown hasn't picked them up and hooked them).

Note: the tonic effect would count as the survivors being injured, so add that to thanatophobia, and he can just bombard the map with gas.

Clown's tonic in his story worked as a knock out gas, the idea is that survivors will be weakened by his drug if they are hit with it, and can be easily over powered during that time.
I think the Dev's should test build this at least, maybe do a public test if it works out, and see if everyone would like it.

Also consider one other thing, how many people would want to play clown even after this rework? because I bet someone is going to say this is over powered!! well just because this sounds op doesn't mean it is. Skill is a big factor in playing DBD.

Also this is to add something new when it should have been, and just an idea pitch for the devs to try before making a new killer.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Clown?

Oh yeah I almost forgot about him. cant even remember the last time Ive seen him, maybe early-mid september?

• BLUE_APE
    BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282

@Master said:
    Clown?

Oh yeah I almost forgot about him. cant even remember the last time Ive seen him, maybe early-mid september?

....My point! No one uses him, let alone remembers he exsists!

• Master

@BLUE_APE said:

@Master said:
    Clown?

Yeah
    His power is supposed to counter looping, the only problem is that it doesnt actually counter it^^

He is almost as bad as a trapper playing against a coordinated SWF, but his throwing angles are really weird so I even enjoy playing the weaker (IMO) trapper if I had to choose between those two

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

Is there any reason to play Clown over Huntress? Seems like the same playstyle would apply to both but with the Huntress you can actually down people with your projectile.

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649
    110% this. I love the concept of the Clown, love playing as him, and hate how virtually pointless his tonic is without add--ons. C'mon, Devs... give this idea a ptb!
  • alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@BLUE_APE said:
    Okay Clown is a filler killer and is a combination of doctor and huntress. and is a step down.
    Clown's tonic should be a type of poising effect, (it does everything it already does plus) it puts survivors into a injured/exposed kinda state for a period of time. they don't bleed, but they make coughing noises, and can be downed if hit during the drug timer.
    The timer will be like borrowed time, and will ware off after a maybe 40 or 50 seconds? (give or take)
    if a survivor is hit with the tonic while (physically) injured, a timer will begin, when the timer hits zero they will enter the dying state. BUT!!!!!! if they are downed by the drug timer, they will not bleed but make coughing noises. And a ware off timer will appear, once that timer hits zero, the survivor will renter the injured state. (that is unless the clown hasn't picked them up and hooked them).

Note: the tonic effect would count as the survivors being injured, so add that to thanatophobia, and he can just bombard the map with gas.

Clown's tonic in his story worked as a knock out gas, the idea is that survivors will be weakened by his drug if they are hit with it, and can be easily over powered during that time.
    I think the Dev's should test build this at least, maybe do a public test if it works out, and see if everyone would like it.

Also consider one other thing, how many people would want to play clown even after this rework? because I bet someone is going to say this is over powered!! well just because this sounds op doesn't mean it is. Skill is a big factor in playing DBD.

Also this is to add something new when it should have been, and just an idea pitch for the devs to try before making a new killer.

tweaking this would be nice, I mean im a killer/survivor main and mostly play killer (only saying this so people dont say im a survivor main) but I rarely see clowns anymore but, I see people using his perks more than people actually playing him, but would this be a like a borrowed time effect

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,214

This does seem like a decent idea. However, it still doesn't bring him up to Nurse or Hillbilly.
    Kenneth/Jeffrey/Clown/Druggie/Whatever is more of a niche character. In my personal experience, his power doesn't do much of anything to actually help him. Throwing it in a normal, vault-less, pallet-less chase is practically pointless. Sure, the slowness is cool and all, but it just doesn't last long enough be default. Also, unless there is another Survivor in that exact area, the coughing is pointless. No one is just going to randomly throw bottles around.
    However, he is excellent at shutting down pallet throws. I just did that about two weeks ago. A very stereotypical toxic Claudette (prestige and all) was standing at a pallet, healing herself and clicking her flashlight at me. I threw a tonic at her then dashed at her. I can also happily say they missed their DS. When they got off the hook, I found them again, hit them down, and they rage-quit.
    Outside of this though, the Kenneth/Jeffrey has next to no usability. I only play him for dailies. Luckily, his daily is so easy that you don't need skill at it (looking at you Sally/Nurse)
    So yeah... I stand for this, but I'm not sure if it would be enough. Anna will always be better.
    His perks are good though (well, two perks anyway, I personally don't see much use in Coulrophobia)

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    I disagree. Redhead's pinky should NOT be in clowns base it. He has his differences from huntress and he is fine where he is.
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Honestly, he still ranks higher than Huntress on my book.
  • BLUE_APE
    edited October 2018

@AgentTalon said:
    Is there any reason to play Clown over Huntress? Seems like the same playstyle would apply to both but with the Huntress you can actually down people with your projectile.

@VolantConch1719 said:
    This does seem like a decent idea. However, it still doesn't bring him up to Nurse or Hillbilly.
    Kenneth/Jeffrey/Clown/Druggie/Whatever is more of a niche character. In my personal experience, his power doesn't do much of anything to actually help him. Throwing it in a normal, vault-less, pallet-less chase is practically pointless. Sure, the slowness is cool and all, but it just doesn't last long enough be default. Also, unless there is another Survivor in that exact area, the coughing is pointless. No one is just going to randomly throw bottles around.
    However, he is excellent at shutting down pallet throws. I just did that about two weeks ago. A very stereotypical toxic Claudette (prestige and all) was standing at a pallet, healing herself and clicking her flashlight at me. I threw a tonic at her then dashed at her. I can also happily say they missed their DS. When they got off the hook, I found them again, hit them down, and they rage-quit.
    Outside of this though, the Kenneth/Jeffrey has next to no usability. I only play him for dailies. Luckily, his daily is so easy that you don't need skill at it (looking at you Sally/Nurse)
    So yeah... I stand for this, but I'm not sure if it would be enough. Anna will always be better.
    His perks are good though (well, two perks anyway, I personally don't see much use in Coulrophobia)

Heres the thing? if clown had my buff, he could hit wide spred and not need to worry about a direct hit like huntress. he would not only find survivors by throwing his tonic in places, but he would also render the into a weaker state. This isn't meant to be a top tier buff, this is to make him unique, and add something new.

• Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513

Eh? Clown is pretty cool to play.

The point of the bottles isn't to inflict any damage (or even slow people down), it's to control the survivors' movement - ideally before they reach a looping point. If the gas actually caused injury then it'd have to be limited further, like a hatchet, which would take away the only unique thing about him.

Bamboozle is also pretty fun to throw in on any killer.

Thankfully, I rarely see skilled Clown players. But when you do, they're damn near impossible to escape from.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

I main clown... hes awesome :D that said tho, i cant remember the last time i was agaisnt one as a survivor

• BLUE_APE

@Dr_Trauts said:
    I main clown... hes awesome :D that said tho, i cant remember the last time i was agaisnt one as a survivor

Oh okay, my bad I miss interperated.

• BLUE_APE

@Eight said:

The point of the bottles isn't to inflict any damage (or even slow people down), it's to control the survivors' movement - ideally before they reach a looping point. If the gas actually caused injury then it'd have to be limited further, like a hatchet, which would take away the only unique thing about him.

Thankfully, I rarely see skilled Clown players. But when you do, they're damn near impossible to escape from.

Maybe he's impossible to escape because he's kinda like Freddy? Freddy got a lot nerfs and then hardly anyone played him any more. But when the very few people started playing him, survivor mains are not experienced with him anymore because you rarely see him, and they are least expecting him in a match......Hm? maybe I should main clown or freddy? if hardly anyone is playing him, then I'll have the element of surprise.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

@BLUE_APE said:

@Eight said:

Maybe he's impossible to escape because he's kinda like Freddy? Freddy got a lot nerfs and then hardly anyone played him any more. But when the very few people started playing him, survivor mains are not experienced with him anymore because you rarely see him, and they are least expecting him in a match......Hm? maybe I should main clown or freddy? if hardly anyone is playing him, then I'll have the element of surprise.

I guess its what you find fun, i dont main him cause hes op like the nurse or billy, i do it cause i think he looks cool and like this play style. Probably why not many people play him, there are 13 killers in the game now i guess

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

DBD Community: Clown is one of the strongest killers they've added in a long time and is easily B+ tier or even A tier.
    Also DBD Community: Clown is a filler killer and needs to be buffed.
    Clown mains:

I mean hey if we're going to give Clown his Ultra Rare addon on base (Redhead's Pinky Finger) how about we increase his movement speed by 80% and remove his terror radius? That would make him balanced. :smile:

Jokes aside what Clown needs is a slight increase to the base duration of his slow or a slight increase to the slowing power. 2 seconds of 15% slow is ######### nothing and I almost always have to use Flask of Bleach or one of the Ether (#) Vol%s to actually catch up to people. Faster projectile speed, faster cool-down between bottles (Robin Feather / Starling Feather), or a faster base reload speed could also be nice. Slower pallet dropping or an addon to disable pallet dropping would be neato too. (Early pallets are still pallets.)
    But what Clown needs above all else is something that this game has needed for awhile: better hitboxes, particularly for projectiles. After mid chapter Clown's bottles have a seemingly 50/50 chance to blow up in your face for no reason. I'm really waiting for a point that I can actually throw a bottle and know where it'll land instead of praying to the RNG gods that this buggy game actually works for once.

Oh and please make Tattoo's Middle Finger a Purple item instead of Pink. It's an absolute ######### joke of an Ultra Rare and you're far better off running Ether 15 Vol% or Cigar Box over "see the auras of Survivors who are moving slow af and coughing lol."

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    I use him a lot too. Loops definitely go quicker. You play any other M1 killer and they try to give you the 3 times around job, but with Clown they drop the pallet much earlier. It was weird trying to adjust to other killers after using him.

That said he suffers a bit at high ranks due to no map pressure. I feel clown is the kind of killer the game should be balanced around, but then it's like whats the point when you can just switch to Hillbilly, cross the map in 5 seconds and insta down people left and right.

@TigerKirby215 that aurea revealing add on isn't that great a lot of the times no, but it's very fun on levels where they have them solid wall jungle gyms. You can see the survivor but they can't see you. I've got the jump on a few because of it. Stops them from mindgaming you.
  • TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

@The_Crusader said:
    That said he suffers a bit at high ranks due to no map pressure. I feel clown is the kind of killer the game should be balanced around, but then it's like whats the point when you can just switch to Hillbilly, cross the map in 5 seconds and insta down people left and right.

This is honestly like 95% of the problem with Clown. You get a map like Suffocation Pit or Rotten Fields or god forbid the new map that came with the Spirit and you kinda just shrug and say "guess I won't get any sacrifices."
    He's god tier on maps like The Game simply because you don't have to spend 8 hours moving between generators. Add in the fact that there are no stupid trees or cars with broken hitboxes on The Game and you can actually slow people down on that map.

• Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513

@BLUE_APE said:
    But when the very few people started playing him, survivor mains are not experienced with him anymore because you rarely see him, and they are least expecting him in a match......

You may have a point. I dunno. I throw a LOT of bottles - never at the survivor, aways to direct them where Id prefer they go - so maybe that's confusing them. I could be giving survivors too much credit in using them to justify that Clown is a decent choice for a killer.

Hm? maybe I should main clown or freddy? if hardly anyone is playing him, then I'll have the element of surprise.

Well, I'd definitely say put some time in with Clown. If you like chasing people, he's a fun one to use.

I've never played Freddy, but it looks like he has a lot of problems with decent survivors.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

@The_Crusader said:

This is honestly like 95% of the problem with Clown. You get a map like Suffocation Pit or Rotten Fields or god forbid the new map that came with the Spirit and you kinda just shrug and say "guess I won't get any sacrifices."
    He's god tier on maps like The Game simply because you don't have to spend 8 hours moving between generators. Add in the fact that there are no stupid trees or cars with broken hitboxes on The Game and you can actually slow people down on that map.

I absolutely hate playing killer on the latest map. I used to think Pale Rose was bad but it can't touch the Spirit's map.

Game over if you get a few camo claudettes.
  • Soul_Consumption
    Soul_Consumption Member Posts: 68

Yeah clown is one of those addon killers, like the doctor before his big rework, and honestly killers shouldn't be reliant on addons, they should supplement their already existing ability.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

@TigerKirby215 said:
    After mid chapter Clown's bottles have a seemingly 50/50 chance to blow up in your face for no reason. I'm really waiting for a point that I can actually throw a bottle and know where it'll land instead of praying to the RNG gods that this buggy game actually works for once.

^ This is the worst.

Throw the bottle and half the time I'm the one swimming in gas because it blows up in his hand.

Like ######### are these hitboxes.

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    No idea is trully original throughout time thats impossible. (specially with billions of dead and new life springing into this world)  Trapper can be thought of an unispired idea compared to jason. Jason can be an unispired idea next too "the town that dreaded sundown. There has been even theatre mask so sure even in ancient times the concept came up. I believe no idea is trully original but the collection of ideas is what is trully original. Doctor and huntress combo sounds actually extremely fun combo. Like if freddy was comboed with doctor ability he would feel like actually freddy. I kinda like the clown cause he just adds new elements. He has the ability to be fun and thats what really important to me.
  • akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@BLUE_APE said:

@Master said:
    Clown?

I see him more than doc and trapper in purple ranks. He's a solid killer, he really doesn't have any weaknesses besides pallets, but the has the best mindgame control of any killer and the most attack consistency.

• Master

@akbays35 said:

@BLUE_APE said:

@Master said:
    Clown?

I see him more than doc and trapper in purple ranks. He's a solid killer, he really doesn't have any weaknesses besides pallets, but the has the best mindgame control of any killer and the most attack consistency.

Compare clown to nurse.
    Nurse laughs about pallets.

Mindgame control? What does that even mean :lol:

Highest attack consistency? I dare to say that nurse has a higher one

• BrunoReisLopes
    BrunoReisLopes Member Posts: 10
    Idk what you're all talking about I play Clown P3 with Rank 1 survivors and I get an easy 4k, he's in my opinion the best killer after the Nurse
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    BLUE_APE said:

Clown actually handles looping better than doc, most try to use him like huntress and fails. Clown just is meh in the looks department and power doesn't seem as cool or interesting as doc. But clown handles things well. Clown is fine as is.