Fix MoM

Options
The_Obsession11
The_Obsession11 Member Posts: 2
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I don’t care how you do it but mettle of man has got to change. I’ve been using it all day and haven’t gotten it once. I never even used the perk before the nerf but it’s unusable right now.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

its bad yes, but i've gotten it to work alot so it being unusable is wrong. It needs a rework imo

• The_Obsession11
    The_Obsession11 Member Posts: 2
    Options
  • EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

The perk broke the game when it released. The fact that it was introduced into the game at all makes me question a lot of things. It had to be nerfed but I feel they nerfed it too hard. Now I wouldn't even call it niche. The odds of it coming into play are so abysmal your better off bringing something else. I don't know how the perk could be reworked that would make it usable and fair. I think were better off just completely changing it to something else. I certainly don't want it to go back to what it was.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2021
    Options

Just keep in mind when it IS active it's stupidly powerful, the level of control it gives survivors over a situation is incredible. So a difficult activation makes sense. It's a high skill cap perk that requires genuinely knowing when it's worth it to even try and activate; as it can pull you away from other more important tasks or make you take a hit that you should not have bothered to take.

However all the post use downsides serve no real purpose since it was nerfed honestly, and they should go.

I also feel it could use something to make actually getting the proc requirements off a bit easier; be it some kind of aura mechanic or something else.

However the one thing I am against is lowering it's requirement to activate. The perk does need buffs; but that is not the area that should be treated lightly at the very very least. People tend to forget how powerful that active effect really is and think it far more trivial than it is.

• RaginRendon
    RaginRendon Member Posts: 279
    Options

This is how I would go about changing Mettle of Man;

safely unhook a survivor, heal other survivors for the equivalent of one health state, and earn a protection hit score event.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

I love this change it would encourage you to play altruistic to get a Powerful effect

• RaginRendon
    RaginRendon Member Posts: 279
    Options

Not to mention that it would make the perk more viable.

• shyguyy
    shyguyy Member Posts: 298
    Options

I have been using it lately. It is so unbelievably buggy. Sometimes taking protections hits count sometimes they don't. Sometimes I get a protection hit and it counts for a WGLF token but not Mettle of Man - sometimes it does for both.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

My first thought was change her meds. Then I realized it was a perk.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

I agree that the stipulations added to Mettle were a bit much. I’m all for some mild alterations to the perk’s current state.

I feel like it was another perk great for Solo queue, that was nerfed down because of SWFs abusing it too easily, and now no one is using it.

Really hope the devs revisit MoM

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

The killer will always be chasing someone, that’s a given.

The easiest way I’ve found to get MoM activated, early on, is to interrupt chases.

MoM works great with SWFs who can continually interrupt each other’s chases and take the hits, loading up the perk.

I rarely use Mettle, as I play 90-95% Solo queue, and those survivor teammates can be unpredictable.

When I do tho, I’ll hop in the middle of their chase, take the hit, then do my best, if the killer decides to break chase with them and come after me, to lose the killer and escape the chase.

It’s a lot more work than sometimes worth tho, just to achieve 1 extra hit in the game that may not even be needed, imo

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

I have used it and got it to work.

The best way to get protection hits is to take a hit when the killer is carrying a survivor. Make sure you have self care and a medkit because your going to be healing alot.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,617
    Options

Absolutely not. That is way too easy. You'd see it almost every game.

• Dpooly
    Dpooly Member Posts: 474
    Options

I only run it if I'm doing a Sabo build. Pair it with Breakout, Dead Hard and generally Inner Strength for quick heals while eliminating totems. Most of the time I just get tunneled out when the Killer's had enough of my crap though. If it weren't for the bugged Protection proc, I'd probably run it more often.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

It's not just bad. It's a handicap. It's like No Mither except it has no valid use. At least No Mither has some legitimate uses.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

This perk shouldn't change. Run Breakout and Sabo box and you should get it to work every game.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

I know. Pull someone off a hook and heal them. 2/3 stacks already.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,385
    Options

I think Mettle of Man is in a good spot, I have no issues in getting it to activate, even in solo games. The best way to guarantee a protection hit is to take a hit when the killer is carrying someone. They're slower than you unless they have agitation and if you can block a hook then they have to hit you.

• kaijudane
    kaijudane Member Posts: 139
    Options

I'm right there with you. I used it for the month it was actually useful in it's original design. I've said ad nauseum that the problem was a combination of streamers and casual players who didn't know what the ######### they were talking about and got it nerfed. The perk didn't activate every time. You didn't get credit for a hit from: Huntress hatchet, Billy and Leatherface chainsaw, Nurse in a blink, Wraith immediately after uncloaking, Legion in frenzy, Pig while becoming detectable, Hag emerging from a trap and I think that's it at the time it was useful. If they wanted to appease the lowest common denominator they should've just made it 4 hits.

• kaijudane
    kaijudane Member Posts: 139
    Options

The only part of this that's accurate is the last sentence. The rest is fiction.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,385
    Options

It isn't though? If you run it with Inner Strength it's not THAT hard to get stacks. It's not fiction, it's literally my experience.