The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Want A fun fair game need to fix all this

snipergamergirl
snipergamergirl Member Posts: 6
edited October 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

The fact that the killers are beyond over powered makes the game not worth continuing. The soul fact players enjoy the is for the soul chance to put Witt thekiller but theymake it damn near impossible. There is no real challenge for the killer to kill the I wanna say survivors but it’s more victims due to It’s almost a sure fact your going to lose in some horrible way.

Also the main complaint is their speed, anyone who is anyone have seen the actual movies they portray & never have they been that fast so why make them that way in the game. A lot of killers are complaining that that people can communicate or are being flagged on Xbox/PlayStation games ending up with them having penities on their account but it’s going to continue if the killers don’t get nerfed even a bit especially their speed or make it the killers can’t break the borers, or they don’t get as many perks to find survivors. Make the field level.

Before any of you killers say anything you guys get perks to see were surviors are, you all get a speed boost, you guys get to see claw marks if we’re we run & you all are complaining about people actually wanting a fair chance. Buck up butter cups you all need to back off the survivors who want to enjoy a fair match I really think you guys should be nerfed on speed make it fair cause you all can make it around the map before a generator is even closed to being started.

you also know where all the generators are which is grossly unfair you should only be able to see it when someone makes a mistakes. That would be fair. So before you say I’m a whining ass survivor. I can say all this cause I’ve played almost all the killers as well & find it hooking people almost not even a challenger it makes the game boring for me as a killer. I want a challeng. They could make it fair since killers have a weapon & are apparently able to fix generators why can’t we make weapons to stun the killer for a good amount of time. Or make them snuggles like people do in the horror movies. I mean it’s what they are basing their game on right.

Give the survivors a real speed boost. It wouldn’t hurt the killers or take away the scratches away of a hurt survivor make it a fair chance to put a fair play on the actually game cause yes it would be 10x more fun killers will stop being reported & survivors will wanna game more.

Comments

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

So how often were you rank1? Oh wait you weren't.

Nobody's complaining about unoptimized survivors.

• snipergamergirl
    snipergamergirl Member Posts: 6
    I stated to either do one or the other not to take all of the of the suggestions. Cause it’s either killers need their speed nerfed or their perked cut backed a bit cause honestly the game isn’t fair to survivor. The killers don’t have a real complaint at all. It’s not a garuentee a win it just a more balanced game. 
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

@snipergamergirl said:
    I stated to either do one or the other not to take all of the of the suggestions. Cause it’s either killers need their speed nerfed or their perked cut backed a bit cause honestly the game isn’t fair to survivor. The killers don’t have a real complaint at all. It’s not a garuentee a win it just a more balanced game. 

I know you said one or the other. I stand by my post. Even individually, these ideas are bad.

You're not supposed to outrun the killer in the long run. If they can't catch someone in a chase, and even when the survivor is being dumb and running in a straight line too long, or something, then the role of killer is basically useless.

Here's a little secret. Killers don't really control their speed boost.
    Killers lose speed bonuses when they have to break a pallet, when they hit you (Which gives you a speed boost), when they lose line of sight/breaks the chase. It builds up over time until then.

You're not supposed to loop them forever, either. Loops buys times until you can get more distance between you, or you can get to the next loop.

It's a gamble, but be annoying with flashlights. When a killer stops to break a pallet, shine it in their eyes (aiming is required), and you're almost guaranteed to blind them. This will likely put a gigantic bullseye on you, though.

Evasion comes from basically 1 of 4 schools.
    1: You break line of sight, and hide. Killers do not see well. This works unusually well. Duck in a corner, slowly go into a locker, etc. Don't wear bright neon clothes, and expect this to work, but hey, killers have bad eyesight. You never know. Learning how to hide is a really good thing to do.

2: You use the speed boost you get when hit, sprint burst, Lithe, or Balanced landing to put enough space between you, and the killer that you break line of sight, then you stop running, and maybe hide so the scratches go away. The killer, eating your dust has to find you all over again. More oft than not, they give up on going after me entirely for a while.
    Lithe really helps me doing this. I can usually control when I use it, and there's decent opportunities here, and there.

3:You loop them, and lead them on enough that they get frustrated and go after someone else (not always useful as killers are persistent), or you manage to slip away while tricking them into thinking you went another direction, or such.
    3a: You dodge them some. Use obstacles, look behind you and veer suddenly as they swing, etc.
    Neither of these options are supposed to last forever. You're buying time, and trying to break line of sight.

4: Some survivors are good enough to pretty much vanish through some crazy stuff I haven't figured out. Maybe because as a killer, I have bad eyesight.

As for aura reading perks, survivors, and killers have many between them. If you're worried about aura reading, study how long the killer's aura reading lasts. A popular example is BBQ and Chili. Fake them out for 4 seconds, then evade another direction. Hide behind a generator to muddle auras.
    Almost no killer has continual aura reading. If they do it's usually via an extremely rare and powerful addon, and AFAIK only the Pig, and Wraith can do this.

Work on getting urban evasion. It's ok to walk, too.
    If you aren't great at evasion, try staying away from the action. At the start of a match, wait until someone gets attacked/found (it's usually some self appointed decoy. regardless they'll buy time), then move.
    Any time someone is attacked, go the other way, and work on generators far away from the action.
    A killer chasing someone is generally absurdly consumed with it.
    Stay out of killer terror radiuses... radi-i? Heck, some killers have perks that alert you well before they get there because they debuff you outside of their terror radius.

In general, play more, make a stronger survivor, and use perks that suit your needs. It doesn't hurt to learn to play stealth, and learn some killer perks, and learn to avoid them.
    Focus on breaking line of sight, and hiding.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

Play the killer at high ranks, then you can come back and ask for forgiveness.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    FFS
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Another one of those 1-pots killer OP threads.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    The fact that you want more stuff for survivor its silly

A stun? DS an pallets
    Eyesight? Flashlight
    Speed? Lithe sb balance landing
    Mechanics? 360, fake vault, mind games
    Not fair? Some pallets are safe and u must break it or you won't catch them

I suck at chasing as survivor and I still manage to escape at red ranks fairly easily with balance landing and hiding somewhere

I think you might as well played 50% of the game since play all killer once at rank 20 means nothing
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    If you think killers are op because you can't out run them in a chase, then your not using a survivors full skill set. Its called stealth, use it and chases are a situation that only occur if you screw up. Survivors have plenty of tools to know when a killer is coming. Yeah there are aura perk but everything can be played around. I'm by no means a great survivor, but 90% of my wins are from stealth. The other 10% is hatch (no skill needed just luck)
  • Shade11
    Shade11 Member Posts: 6

Yeah @DemonDaddy
    but killers have too good perks too, they have perks that lets them see the survivors auras and some of them have stealth too.
    Devs SHOULD not as nerv them as increase importance of pulling out from the killer and importance of pallets becouse right now these options are useless, or GREATLY REDUCE the number of hooks, right now, the game sucks.

• MhhBurgers

@Shade11 said:
    Yeah @DemonDaddy
    but killers have too good perks too, they have perks that lets them see the survivors auras and some of them have stealth too.
    Devs SHOULD not as nerv them as increase importance of pulling out from the killer and importance of pallets becouse right now these options are useless, or GREATLY REDUCE the number of hooks, right now, the game sucks.

Go play civilization 5 then. lol @ calling pallets useless.

• Shade11

@MhhBurgers no, thank you.
    Yes, pallets are useless when killers can destroy them almost instantly(1,5 sec), this is nonsense.
    The survivors need much more pallets, the pallets destruction should be extended by 1 - 2 seconds.
    There should be voice communication in game or chat instead that players have to rely on external programs like Discord or TS.

• MhhBurgers
    edited October 2018

@Shade11 said:
    Oh yeah @MhhBurgers, you guys are so so sooooo profesional, ooooooomg, nothink but just to put your pedestal and bow and pray to you, you can be very proud of yourselfes, i bet you jerk off when seeng your images.
    -.-
    Learn to listen others, READ, ARGUE and look on the needs of others, and go back to school, shitheads.

Here's my argument, if you think pallets are useless then you're BAD.

Any good survivor will run around a killer for at least 40 seconds per hit unless there's been chases before where pallets have been used up. which already gives you time for 3 gens. If you play absolutely optimal then a killer doesn't even have the time to kill more than 2 ppl.

• Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111

If you think pallets are useless then you don't know how to play survivor.

• Shade11

I played as a killer many times so noone can tell that i see only one side :)
    1 most people doesn't play optimal, moreover there is no chance to coordinate moves when there is lack of comminication( u need external programs to do that, with small group of friends it is possible and normal, but coordination is not possible with random players, and that is great disadventage.
    2 if u rely on tricks like 360 juck, pallete juck or window juck etc. go ahead but for me that possibility should be removed even although i use it, and gameplay should be provided with more balance with survivors in favor, to make escaping from killers hands or using pallets more sense.
    3 some killers have base or additional ability to not have terror range or even some of them have total invisibility with lack of terror range included, so no mater where u hiding or sneaking, you'll be taken by suprise sooner or later. Add this with lack of comminication between random players, with hooks everhywhere, and pallets almost nowhere where it's needed and u have a game with balance totally ######### up.
    DEVS, FIX IT

• MhhBurgers
    edited October 2018

"I don't play optimal"

"devs fix the game that is already broken for rank1 killers to the point where they derank on purpose so they get crapped on everywhere instead of just R1"

A game should always be balanced around the BEST players not the worst.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Op a few things you should know.

1. In a straight line killers will catch you eventually, that' by design and you shouldn't be running in a straight line to get away.

2. You're not supposed to endlessly loop a killer till they give up, you're supposed to use that loop to break los and then try and evade or get a better spot to evade at.

3. You're supposed to plan ahead as a survivor, not depend on the killer not having good perks, know what they're likely to be running and play accordingly.

4. Try using the map to your advantage, know the safe spots and unsafe spots, which maps killers like best and which they don't. Where the good spots to run to are and where they're not based upon your perks, and the killers and map.

• MhhBurgers

@powerbats said:

1. In a straight line killers will catch you eventually, that' by design and you shouldn't be running in a straight line to get away.

2. You're not supposed to endlessly loop a killer till they give up, you're supposed to use that loop to break los and then try and evade or get a better spot to evade at.

3. You're supposed to plan ahead as a survivor, not depend on the killer not having good perks, know what they're likely to be running and play accordingly.

4. Try using the map to your advantage, know the safe spots and unsafe spots, which maps killers like best and which they don't. Where the good spots to run to are and where they're not based upon your perks, and the killers and map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0PSuG575RI&t=9m15s

One of the communities best killers gets run around for 2 minutes yet you call survivors "weak"

• powerbats
    edited October 2018

@MhhBurgers said:

@powerbats said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0PSuG575RI&t=9m15s

One of the communities best killers gets run around for 2 minutes yet you call survivors "weak"

fixed due to correct by quoted poster, see below

Post edited by powerbats on
  • Parity
    Parity Member Posts: 28

So you are a main survivor? That's why you see it unfair. Try playing killer and see whether it's fair or not.

So you're a main killer? Try playing survivor against a nolife tryhard killer with all perks. Oh wait you won't cause you only play killer. Close minded much? 
  • Parity
    Parity Member Posts: 28
    Malakir said:

A stun? DS an pallets
    Eyesight? Flashlight

I suck at chasing as survivor and I still manage to escape at red ranks fairly easily with balance landing and hiding somewhere

I think you might as well played 50% of the game since play all killer once at rank 20 means nothing
    FYI. I'm a survivor main rank 10-12 usually. My killer rank is even higher then survivor rank. Clearly you don't understand 50/50 between survivor or killer you probably only play killer. 100% guaranteed.
  • MhhBurgers
    @powerbats I was giving an example to OP who thinks killers need nerfs which isn't going to happen
  • powerbats

@MhhBurgers said:
    @powerbats I was giving an example to OP who thinks killers need nerfs which isn't going to happen

Ok, but you should've quoted them not me and a better video would be one where the chase is during the 1st part of the match not the very end. Since at the end of the match you're either going to chase non stop regardless or give them the hatch.

• MhhBurgers
    powerbats said:

@MhhBurgers said:

Ok, but you should've quoted them not me and a better video would be one where the chase is during the 1st part of the match not the very end. Since at the end of the match you're either going to chase non stop regardless or give them the hatch.

Too much work. I posted the noob3 23 escapes in a row vid on her other thread
  • thenurse1248_PS4
    thenurse1248_PS4 Member Posts: 23
    @Shade11 I don't think you fully understand how survivors are ment to be played. Once found by a killer, the survivor needs to be efficient and optimal and need to get to safe havens. (Pallets and windows) once there, they need to waste a killers time or try to out wit the killer. If the killer is good, you won't out wit him. And if they can consistently stay on your tail, they will catch you.

You think there is not enough pallets: I would have to say that there is a solid amount. There is enough to allow a decent survivor to be chased for a while, but not enough to make killers have to constantly deal with them and are noob-proof.

I also think you're wanting more power to survivors, and forgetting that The killer is the power roll. If you 1v1 the killer, the killer should steamroll you. Your the numerous role, you have a team and need to work with them to win. Right now, survivors already don't need to work together to win, and a few killers complain about that. I really don't see why you want the killer speeds nerfed, as it's been accepted by everyone playing 115% is standard, 110% is low and considered really bad.

Thanks for your time, if you would like to continue having a civil discussion about this with me I would be glad to. I really don't intend to piss anyone off here I'm just giving my side and reasoning.
  • Sassy
    Sassy Member Posts: 47

All the posts including insults have been deleted and the users warned.

Please keep insults out of the conversation, any more and the thread will be closed.

• powerbats

@MhhBurgers said:
    powerbats said:

@MhhBurgers said:

Well he's not one that i'd use as a good reference point considering his highly toxic behavior and terrorizing of low ranked players.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Parity said:
    Malakir said:

A stun? DS an pallets
    Eyesight? Flashlight

FYI. I'm a survivor main rank 10-12 usually. My killer rank is even higher then survivor rank. Clearly you don't understand 50/50 between survivor or killer you probably only play killer. 100% guaranteed.

You call rank 10-12 high? You think you know something about this game? Oh my sweet, sweet summer child...

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

From your writing and ideas, I can only think of 2 possibilities.

1- You are an actual child.

2- You are, without wanting to use a slur. "A little slow."

Either way sounds like this isn't the game for you, have you considered Civ 5?

• MhhBurgers

@powerbats said:

@MhhBurgers said:
    powerbats said:

@MhhBurgers said:

Well he's not one that i'd use as a good reference point considering his highly toxic behavior and terrorizing of low ranked players.

Most killers terrorize lowrank players too, I've seen sooo many people deranking like me @ rank 15-10 it was almost ridiculous.

• powerbats

@MhhBurgers said:

Most killers terrorize lowrank players too, I've seen sooo many people deranking like me @ rank 15-10 it was almost ridiculous.

Yeah I'm back to rank 15 due to farming during the event and letting people farm and i'm still letting people farm since so many are just starting out it seems. I also feel guilty when I've already hooked people for 3 hooks and not a gens been done.

There's no satisfaction in wrecking lower skilled players like that,especially when most are only 1 perk and just starting out. I always give hints post game so they know to avoid unsafe hooks etc.

• MhhBurgers

Well even at rank15 you still get the occasional SWF containing up to 2( how the heck does MM think that's fair) rank 2-5 players.

• Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111

So you're a main killer? Try playing survivor against a nolife tryhard killer with all perks. Oh wait you won't cause you only play killer. Close minded much? 

I play both killer and survivor. That's the difference between you and me and why you can't see the truth.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Once found by a killer, the survivor should have a decent chance to escape. It should not be "try to extend the chase as long as possible because I'm going down eventually". It should be "how can I lose the killer given the options presented?". Pallets in this scenario exist to give the survivor time to think about how to go about doing so. The killer's role is to try and counter the survivors' escape attempts and should be expected to fail sometimes.

I do agree with one thing that the OP states; Both survivors and killers move too quickly to appreciate the scenery (and for balance of reaching objectives, hooked survivors, stealth, etc.). Another thing I'd like to add is that the lack of acceleration from both survivors and killers peeves me. Why is acceleration and deceleration present only in missed attacks and successful attacks?

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

@Kind_Lemon said:
    Once found by a killer, the survivor should have a decent chance to escape. It should not be "try to extend the chase as long as possible because I'm going down eventually". It should be "how can I lose the killer given the options presented?". Pallets in this scenario exist to give the survivor time to think about how to go about doing so. The killer's role is to try and counter the survivors' escape attempts and should be expected to fail sometimes.

I do agree with one thing that the OP states; Both survivors and killers move too quickly to appreciate the scenery (and for balance of reaching objectives, hooked survivors, stealth, etc.). Another thing I'd like to add is that the lack of acceleration from both survivors and killers peeves me. Why is acceleration and deceleration present only in missed attacks and successful attacks?

Killers lose speed boosts when they attack, when they get stunned, and when they break a pallet.

Interrupted chases also decreases bloodlust quickly.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@snipergamergirl said:
    I have played as a killer first hand I know what I am talking about. I have even tried with multi killers same thing with all of them they are to fast for their own good

Where is that image of a Dwight with a Trapper mask going "Killer main btw".

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

@Kind_Lemon said:

Killers lose speed boosts when they attack, when they get stunned, and when they break a pallet.

Interrupted chases also decreases bloodlust quickly.

To which part of my post are you responding to with “speed boosts” and “bloodlust”? I’m not sure how your comment relates to the lack of player acceleration (which includes deceleration) across all roles.
  • TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250

@snipergamergirl said:
    The fact that the killers are beyond over powered makes the game not worth continuing. The soul fact players enjoy the is for the soul chance to put Witt thekiller but theymake it damn near impossible. There is no real challenge for the killer to kill the I wanna say survivors but it’s more victims due to It’s almost a sure fact your going to lose in some horrible way.

Also the main complaint is their speed, anyone who is anyone have seen the actual movies they portray & never have they been that fast so why make them that way in the game. A lot of killers are complaining that that people can communicate or are being flagged on Xbox/PlayStation games ending up with them having penities on their account but it’s going to continue if the killers don’t get nerfed even a bit especially their speed or make it the killers can’t break the borers, or they don’t get as many perks to find survivors. Make the field level.

Before any of you killers say anything you guys get perks to see were surviors are, you all get a speed boost, you guys get to see claw marks if we’re we run & you all are complaining about people actually wanting a fair chance. Buck up butter cups you all need to back off the survivors who want to enjoy a fair match I really think you guys should be nerfed on speed make it fair cause you all can make it around the map before a generator is even closed to being started.

you also know where all the generators are which is grossly unfair you should only be able to see it when someone makes a mistakes. That would be fair. So before you say I’m a whining ass survivor. I can say all this cause I’ve played almost all the killers as well & find it hooking people almost not even a challenger it makes the game boring for me as a killer. I want a challeng. They could make it fair since killers have a weapon & are apparently able to fix generators why can’t we make weapons to stun the killer for a good amount of time. Or make them snuggles like people do in the horror movies. I mean it’s what they are basing their game on right.

Give the survivors a real speed boost. It wouldn’t hurt the killers or take away the scratches away of a hurt survivor make it a fair chance to put a fair play on the actually game cause yes it would be 10x more fun killers will stop being reported & survivors will wanna game more.

this game isnt supposed to be catered to survivors, the killer is supposed to be op but balanced in a way to where its not impossible, dont like it, too bad, we don't need anyone with your dumbass mentality.

• TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250

@snipergamergirl said:
    I have played as a killer first hand I know what I am talking about. I have even tried with multi killers same thing with all of them they are to fast for their own good

@RSB said:

ever played hag at high ranks?....Makes me wish she didn't have 110% movement speed, cause the counter measures for her traps are still partly broken, like being able to instantly crouch by holding crt while being unhooked or how unhooking someone won't trigger the traps....that seems still really broken on survivor side cause the hag needs her traps, or else she's just a slower killer.

• PubStar87
    PubStar87 Member Posts: 179
    RSB said:

THIS!!!!

The number one thing that gets on my nerves is when you play a stealthy character such as The Wraith and they ALWAYS know where to hide, ALWAYS team up, ALWAYS save eachother. In other words, you can tell they are using party chat, be it Skype-ing or PS4/XBONE.

CAN YOU PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY SOMEHOW BLOCK CHAT PROGRAMS?!? PLEASE!!!!??? 

Being a high rank Killer is already hard enough