Thoughts on RBTs?

Salty_Pearl
Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

As a Pig main, I think they need buffs. They can't really "stall" the game when survivors can remove them on the first box and even remove them when they aren't even activated. Not to mention that they heavily rely on generators being completed and I don't see how that's a good thing.

Here are my buff ideas,

• Survivors can no longer remove the RBT when the trap isn't activated. (Or make Rules Set 2 part of her base kit.)
  • Survivors have a 0% of removing the RBT on the first Jigsaw Box searched.
  • Increase the minimum range of how far away Jigsaw Boxes can be.
  • The Pig can see the timers of the RBTs.
  • If Survivors try to escape through the hatch with a RBT on (it must be activated), they will instantly die.

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I think her issues have less to do with her traps and more to do with her crouch/ambush. Her crouch viewpoint should be higher and the ambush shouldn't have a roar with it. For her RBT's though, Rule Set #2 should just be in her base kit.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

@Blueberry said:
    I think her issues have less to do with her traps and more to do with her crouch/ambush. Her crouch viewpoint should be higher and the ambush shouldn't have a roar with it. For her RBT's though, Rule Set #2 should just be in her base kit.

Her Ambush definitely needs a few buffs. I would love for her to get 100% speed when crouched and combat straps on her base kit.

• F5arTheB5ard
    F5arTheB5ard Member Posts: 118
    They suck. Cool concept but the never work as intended, you know with the survivors head ripped apart lol
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, they're supposed to slow the game down by adding another layer of things to do, but they aren't as efficient in that as I'd like. 

Still satisfying when they actually go off, though. Especially when you're chasing a survivor through the gate. Hehe

I haven't played Pig in a while, especially with the event going on, and me trying to be a nice killer. I imagine people have wised up immensely to rbts.

I'd like to see the shotgun shell collar from later saw films on down the line. Maybe a deadlier version of the RBT?
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    edited October 2018

@Peanits said:
    I like them, I just think they need to have less luck involved. You shouldn't be able to take it off after just one box.

A thought I had was to double the amount of Jigsaw boxes available and assign a key when trapped. That way, only 1 of the boxes will get the trap off. Instead of it being RNG or luck with every box, they just have to find the 1 box with their key.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@Peanits said:
    I like them, I just think they need to have less luck involved. You shouldn't be able to take it off after just one box.

Ok then it should never take 4 boxes.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531

@Peanits said:

Ok then it should never take 4 boxes.

I mean, I'm okay with that. I don't see the need to go to the extreme like that. One box unlocks causes issues because someone can hop off a hook and take off their trap less than 8m away. Four boxes doesn't necessarily cause any issues, you still have time on even the largest maps. But still, I'd rather have something like a steady three than complete luck.
  • Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    I hate the fact that RBTs can only be put on a survivor’s head after they’ve been downed. RBT mechanics should be separate from the “end the chase and hook” mechanic. I would love to see an RBT applied to a survivor at the start of the game except that the RBT doesn’t show up in the HUD of survivors until activated. Traps only appear on a survivor’s head after a certain criteria is met (eg. Staying in a locker for more than 15 seconds, or failing a heal skill check, or other things of that nature). I also believe  that Rules No. 2 should be base kit.
  • KillJiggy
    KillJiggy Member Posts: 165

@HellDescent said:
    Just thought of this: after successfully searching a box and finding a key you'd need another survivor to unlock the rbt for you

This is an amazing idea needs more upvotes

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Like what's been said before, i'd like and only like for the Jigsaw Boxes to not be luck based, but simply make you succeed after box #3.
    Then certain Add-ons could also do penalties of lowering the amount, but also an Add-on raising it to 4. (Non-stackable.)

• Goldengeartwo
    Goldengeartwo Member Posts: 79

As a Pig main myself, here are what I consider to be reasonable buffs:

-Reverse Bear Traps only reveal the Jigsaw Boxes once it is activated.
    -Combat Straps Add-On should be base kit. This add-on is nearly mandatory due to how sluggish she is without it. It's taking up room for another add-on.
    -No roar on Ambush.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Boss said:

Like what's been said before, i'd like and only like for the Jigsaw Boxes to not be luck based, but simply make you succeed after box #3.
    Then certain Add-ons could also do penalties of lowering the amount, but also an Add-on raising it to 4. (Non-stackable.)

You can't do that since the killer can body block the Jigsaw Box and it would be boring for both sides. Hear my solution out and my reasoning:
    -Jigsaw's Annotated Plan needs to be built-in to Amanda's kit and a survivor cannot remove a RBT on their first Jigsaw Box.

Reasoning:
    Less RNG and less likely of a chance to quickly remove a RBT on your first few boxes.

-RBT timers will start active without needing a generator.

Reasoning: This applies pressure immediately and forces the survivor to make tough decisions. Additionally, it makes sense lore wise since "The Game" has started.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

@Nickenzie said:
    Boss said:

You can't do that since the killer can body block the Jigsaw Box and it would be boring for both sides. Hear my solution out and my reasoning:
    -Jigsaw's Annotated Plan needs to be built-in to Amanda's kit and a survivor cannot remove a RBT on their first Jigsaw Box.

Reasoning:
    Less RNG and less likely of a chance to quickly remove a RBT on your first few boxes.

Reasoning: This applies pressure immediately and forces the survivor to make tough decisions. Additionally, it makes sense lore wise since "The Game" has started.

True, i guess an Add-on for 4 can't be done.

3 is still plausible though: If she's blocking one, just go to an other.
    It makes Survivors have to approach Jigsaw Boxes without being hasty or they'll be seen, adding pressure from the RBT snapping.

Also, what someone else said before (though it's not on topic): That roar. Have it start when the dash starts.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

@Goldengeartwo said:

-Combat Straps Add-On should be base kit. This add-on is nearly mandatory due to how sluggish she is without it. It's taking up room for another add-on.
    -No roar on Ambush.

These are the most reasonable suggestions.

• NMCKE

-No roar on Ambush.

This here ^^^ You got my Upvote! :)
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    They're neat but could be so much better. I like @Nickenzie's ideas for them. 

Also Combat Straps should come standard with the base kit.
  • steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,204
    edited October 2018

@Peanits said:

The RNG with her traps is too much RNG for me. I understand the RNG aspect of it, and maybe they can increase the chances of it staying on by adding time and a station or by adding the need for 2 keys with the chance of there being an ultra rare chance of you only needing 1 key. I'm not sure. The one thing I do know is that her games last longer than the usual time I'm used to, so I don't know what they could do to make the traps last longer and keep the game fun at the same time.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

There are some decent suggestions, but there are some seriously crazy ones too.

• Survivors starting the match with a reverse bear trap on their head.
    • Requiring 3 or more box searches to remove the trap.
    • Requiring another survivor to remove the trap after the key is found.
    • Requiring 2 or more keys to remove the trap.
    • Decrease timer by 30 seconds if a generator is finished.

None of these things are ever going to happen.

• NMCKE

There are some decent suggestions, but there are some seriously crazy ones too.

• Survivors starting the match with a reverse bear trap on their head.
    • Requiring 3 or more box searches to remove the trap.
    • Requiring another survivor to remove the trap after the key is found.
    • Requiring 2 or more keys to remove the trap.
    • Decrease timer by 30 seconds if a generator is finished.

None of these things are ever going to happen.

I feel like the last one is reasonable @Dreamnomad because generators does start the timer so it would make sense if it speed it up just a little when another one goes off.
  • RotBb
    RotBb Member Posts: 396
    I’ve made multiple, factual posts with evidence on why Amanda needs a buff
  • Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326

I would like the traps to be something the survivor has to worry about, not the Pig. It should be put on once and then get someone else. I always wanted them to work like Hoffman's trap in the sixth movie. Instead of activating a normal timer, until the exit gates are powered, the traps would simply 'rip' open partially. This would either send the survivor into the next hooking phase or put them into the dying state when there is no hooking state left.
    They could still look for keys and stop the trap from doing the partial rip. Once the exit gates are powered, they work as usual. Ticking timer, no passing through the exit gate, yadda yadda.
    And yes, combat straps should definitely be in her base kit. Also a higher view in crouch would be nice...v

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

The RBTs in my opinion are fine because you can get a feel for when a generator will be done before you place one on someone. If you know you are getting gen rushed cause there is no pressure you can always save them for the end to keep survivors in the match and kill them off.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@HellDescent said:
    Or the timer could decrease by 30 seconds with each completed gen after it's been activated. This way survivors would wait for their temmates to remove the trap before popping a second gen.

This was the "meta" back when the Saw chapter first released. Everyone would 99% generator to give survivors time to remove the trap however it still never slowed the game down because traps still fall victim to RNG and gens can still be chain poped" if at 99%. Sure this may seem like it would add time but if you as a killer still see 5 gens remaining you feel less pressure and relax, opening yourself up to making mistakes. Nothing like 4-5 gens all going DING at once to make you crap your pants.

The traps should not reveal the boxes until active by default and I honestly think you should have 6 traps by default, this way you don't feel the need to save half (if not all) your traps until late/endgame.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@MegaWaffle said:

@HellDescent said:
    Or the timer could decrease by 30 seconds with each completed gen after it's been activated. This way survivors would wait for their temmates to remove the trap before popping a second gen.

This was the "meta" back when the Saw chapter first released. Everyone would 99% generator to give survivors time to remove the trap however it still never slowed the game down because traps still fall victim to RNG and gens can still be chain poped" if at 99%. Sure this may seem like it would add time but if you as a killer still see 5 gens remaining you feel less pressure and relax, opening yourself up to making mistakes. Nothing like 4-5 gens all going DING at once to make you crap your pants.

The traps should not reveal the boxes until active by default and I honestly think you should have 6 traps by default, this way you don't feel the need to save half (if not all) your traps until late/endgame.

I know , but perks like pop goes the weasel would help

• MegaWaffle

@HellDescent said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@HellDescent said:

I know , but perks like pop goes the weasel would help

Maybe, but I don't think I've seen that perk since the Clown chapter release as many people realized how niche it can be.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@MegaWaffle It's weak on clown or similar killers, but really good on killers with good mobility like nurse, billy, spirit. I find that in this game most of killers should never use their own teachables lol

• MegaWaffle

@HellDescent said:
    @MegaWaffle It's weak on clown or similar killers, but really good on killers with good mobility like nurse, billy, spirit. I find that in this game most of killers should never use their own teachables lol

I agree teachable's seem to benefit killers they are not originally from and that Pig may actually get some use out of Pop Goes the Weasel should that change come about, however it would still fall victim to the current problems that plague it. You still have to get that hook for a single use of the perk and you still have to charge forth to a gen within that tight 30s period potentially ignoring that rushed hook save or that survivor t-bagging in the distance. I just don't think even with a "99% gen meta" again that the perk would be strong enough to justify taking a spot.

This is all just speculation and personal opinion but its what I believe.

• Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513
    edited October 2018

Some good ideas in this thread. I'm assuming those suggestions aren't implemented when I type this.

The RBT timer's should be shorter. I'm not looking for kills, still keeping them as an alternative objective to slow the game down, but only inexperienced survivors panic when they get trapped. Most others know they have ample time - I even find trapped survivors on gens and making hook saves.

As much as I love the idea of the timer decreasing a chunk when another gen goes, I don't think your average survivor gives enough of a ######### about his teammates for this to stop them working the gens.

• MegaWaffle

@Eight said:
    Some good ideas in this thread. I'm assuming those suggestions aren't implemented when I type this.

The RBT timer's should be shorter. I'm not looking for kills, still keeping them as an alternative objective to slow the game down, but only inexperienced survivors panic when they get trapped. Most others know they have ample time - I even find trapped survivors on gens and making hook saves.

As much as I love the idea of the timer decreasing a chunk when another gen goes, I don't think your average survivor gives enough of a ######### about his teammates for this to stop them working the gens.

My quick buff idea.

1: 6 traps by default so you don't feel obligated to save for endgame
    2: Boxes are not revealed until trap triggers
    3: Add an additional box by default that yields no key for any trap as a way to lower the instant RNG removal (if you make the first box a guaranteed fail then survivors who know they have no time won't care to try)
    4: Anyone with a trap on their head suffers from a 10% action speed decrease to healing (maybe not healing now that we have the healing nerf) generator repair and hook saves.
    5: IF the above still yields poor results then have the RBT active the moment the survivor is saved from the down state/saved from the hook and not require a gen to be completed.

• Eight
    edited October 2018

@MegaWaffle said:
    My quick buff idea.

3: Add an additional box by default that yields no key for any trap as a way to lower the instant RNG removal (if you make the first box a guaranteed fail then survivors who know they have no time won't care to try)
    4: Anyone with a trap on their head suffers from a 10% action speed decrease to healing (maybe not healing now that we have the healing nerf) generator repair and hook saves.
    5: IF the above still yields poor results then have the RBT active the moment the survivor is saved from the down state/saved from the hook and not require a gen to be completed.

Interesting.

1. Yes, 4 is definitely too few. Shouldn't need an add-on to increase this number when they're so easy to remove.

2. Yeah, that'd be nice. But I'm not too bothered by them finding out I'm a Pig. They're going to know soon enough anyway.

3. Reasonable option.

4. Or make Slow-Release Toxin and Rusty Attachment common add-ons instead of rare.

I also don't see why survivors are able to get through the hatch with the trap on, but not an open exit gate. I guess it's difficult to find the fair balance on this.

Edit: Related to 4, we also need a rare add-on that applies the Broken effect. Maybe time-limited.

• MegaWaffle

@Eight said:

@MegaWaffle said:
    My quick buff idea.

Interesting.

1. Yes, 4 is definitely too few. Shouldn't need an add-on to increase this number when they're so easy to remove.

2. Yeah, that'd be nice. But I'm not too bothered by them finding out I'm a Pig. They're going to know soon enough anyway.

3. Reasonable option.

4. Or make Slow-Release Toxin and Rusty Attachment common add-ons instead of rare.

I also don't see why survivors are able to get through the hatch with the trap on, but not an open exit gate. I guess it's difficult to find the fair balance on this.

I think you misunderstood #2 so allow me to correct my wording.

When a survivor has a trap on their head they see the white aura's of all the Jigsaw boxes. There is an add-on that removes this ability from survivors unless the trap has been triggered. I believe this add-on should be in her base kit and that Jigsaw boxes shouldn't have their aura revealed until the trap is triggered.

• Eight
    edited October 2018

@MegaWaffle said:
    I believe this add-on should be in her base kit and that Jigsaw boxes shouldn't have their aura revealed until the trap is triggered.

Ah, yep. I misunderstood initially. Thanks for clarifying. I think this one may need playtesting to see if it's good and fair, or a step too far.

However, if you apply a few very small changes (like your third suggestion about the dead box) to traps and also this one, it may have the desired effect of forcing more panic from survivors. If they can't plan a route around the boxes, they're going to be more inclined to start hunting for them immediately (or waiting until the timer starts, of course).

Gives them an interesting choice.

Edit: I don't run Rules No. 2 often enough to say anything for certain. "Ultra Rare"... sigh

• MegaWaffle

@Eight said:

@MegaWaffle said:
    I believe this add-on should be in her base kit and that Jigsaw boxes shouldn't have their aura revealed until the trap is triggered.

Ah, yep. I misunderstood initially. Thanks for clarifying. I think this one may need playtesting to see if it's good and fair, or a step too far.

However, if you apply a few very small changes (like your third suggestion about the dead box) to traps and also this one, it may have the desired effect of forcing more panic from survivors. If they can't plan a route around the boxes, they're going to be more inclined to start hunting for them immediately (or waiting until the timer starts, of course).

Gives them an interesting choice.

It could be cool too if you had the potential to find the key to your teammates RBT and had to save each-other. This would of course be 100% troll bait and break the Pig beyond belief but in theory is a fun idea.

• Eight
    edited October 2018

@MegaWaffle said:
    It could be cool too if you had the potential to find the key to your teammates RBT and had to save each-other. This would of course be 100% troll bait and break the Pig beyond belief but in theory is a fun idea.

Giving an option for teammates to help sounds like it would be cool. A sole survivor still needs to be able to remove the trap himself though.

The problem is that the option would massively benefit SWF teams, who already have it too easy.

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    Already made a post about this with my ideas, please look
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/27475/pig-buff-better-addons#latest
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I think they are balanced. I don't see a probably with them honestly.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

How about we let people with Saboteur try to remove the trap themselves? If they fail a skillcheck or stop the channel they just have the trap beep very quickly and then they lose 30 seconds off of the timer.

• NMCKE
    edited October 2018
    I been keeping an eye on this thread so I'll tell you exactly what she needs:

-Combat Straps (Old Version), Annotated Plan (+30 Secs and +1 Jigsaw Box), Last Will (+1 RBT),  and Rules Set NO.2 should be apart of Amanda's kit.

-Combat Straps and Shattered Syringes are reworked:
    Combat Straps decreases successful and unsuccessful attack cool downs by 50% for Ambush.
    Shattered Syringes decreases unsuccessful attacks cool downs by 50% and the movement penalty gained from unsuccessful attacks is Moderately reduced for ambush.

That's all that she needs in my opinion.

• NMCKE
    Boss said:

@Nickenzie said:
    Boss said:

Reasoning:

True, i guess an Add-on for 4 can't be done.

3 is still plausible though: If she's blocking one, just go to an other.
    It makes Survivors have to approach Jigsaw Boxes without being hasty or they'll be seen, adding pressure from the RBT snapping.

Also, what someone else said before (though it's not on topic): That roar. Have it start when the dash starts.

I agree with the roar being audible after you fully charged your ambush since if the Pig was able to get that close to you without you seeing her, she should have the advantage on you.
  • Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    CoolAKn said:

@Peanits said:

A thought I had was to double the amount of Jigsaw boxes available and assign a key when trapped. That way, only 1 of the boxes will get the trap off. Instead of it being RNG or luck with every box, they just have to find the 1 box with their key.

It does assign a key when trapped. Devs said that a few q and a ago when talking about luck and rng. So "your box" exists as soon as your trap does. You just have to guess right.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Carpemortum said:
    CoolAKn said:

@Peanits said:

It does assign a key when trapped. Devs said that a few q and a ago when talking about luck and rng. So "your box" exists as soon as your trap does. You just have to guess right.

Exactly and I've had it where i've been killer and they get it 1st attempt 1st box while I get it last box and sometimes not even then.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    They're like Ruin. A placebo.
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238
    I think they should add dual effects to her addons, similiar to doc

One effect for the RBT, another for ambush or etc...

Refilling rbt after x seconds of them being applied or removed/triggered
  • NMCKE
    Orion said:

I think something that's actually designed not to harm Survivors doesn't put any pressure on them.

The RBT should start their timer instantly instead of after a generator being finished. It's not like starting the timer instantly will make the RBT more deadly, it will just add additional pressure.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Nickenzie said:
    Orion said:

I think something that's actually designed not to harm Survivors doesn't put any pressure on them.

The RBT should start their timer instantly instead of after a generator being finished. It's not like starting the timer instantly will make the RBT more deadly, it will just add additional pressure.

The issue is you could lose up to 19 seconds being carried to the hook and or left slugged on the ground. Then you could just be left on the hook if the killers soft camping just outside terror radius or she crouches.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited November 2018

@powerbats said:
    The issue is you could lose up to 19 seconds being carried to the hook and or left slugged on the ground. Then you could just be left on the hook if the killers soft camping just outside terror radius or she crouches.

I think Nickenzie meant it in the sense that the timer shouldn't require a generator to be repaired, but the RBT would still be disabled during a chase, while in the dying state, and on the hook. At least that's how I would like it.