thoughts on the dev update for january

Noobe
Noobe Member Posts: 152
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Really really love everything about the post but hate the hud.. its very spread out and less empty in the corners wich makes it look cramped..

any other thoughts?

(first impressions dont be rude)

Comments

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

SAME, I think clown change is very very interesting, perk changes are all good but the hud and new survivor animations look awful, they look like mobile quality.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

I like pretty much all of the changes, especially to Clown and Undying.

What I really, really do not like is the new HUD and my mind is racing to find a way to prevent the implementation of it. It´s very early but until now I have seen exclusively negative feedback regarding it.

I´m also severely disappointed that Trapper wasn´t changed as much as he needed to be. It inclines me to believe that a) It will be the only thing he gets in 2021 given his previous change schedule and b) that they want him where he is and he will propably never be a mid tier Killer

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,057

I think they might do some changes to the HUD until the PTB.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I also like a lot of changes except the HUD. Looks too similar to mobile for me.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,395

Clown Change: I'm not a clown player so I'll just wait and see how people think of it when it goes live on the ptb next week.

HUD Update: Indifferent. I know some people don't like it, but I don't really care one way or the other. Hook counter is nice addition at least.

Survivor Animation: Indifferent.

MMR & Rank Rewards: Reward is a bit underwhelming for the time investment as rank reset will now send you back to rank 20. Huge time sink to play both sides to rank 1 and then only get 500K bloodpoints. It's nice we get something for the rank we reached on reset at least..

Wraith: Good buff for him.

Trapper: Anything the reduces survivors instantly escaping the trap and keep survivors from getting stuck in the trap forever is a good change.

Deep Wounds: Nice to see the duration nerfed, but 20 seconds is still a long time. I guess they can't reduce it further due to the interaction with Madness.

Diversion, Fixated, Iron Maiden, Second Wind: All good buffs.

Open Handed: I still wish this perk did something without the requirement of another perk. Even undying gives you some aura reading. But overall it's a buff as usually only one person is running open handed in my experience.

Undying: Not sure the perk really lives up to the name of Undying anymore as it's more like a +1 life to a single hex totem. I stopped running undying+ruin because running 2 perks that can still be rng broken immediately was not really my cup of tea.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

Gotta love the Open-Handed buff. All hail King Kindred.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

Too bad they didn't say anything about changing Kindred so it probably still has that hidden 24 meter cap.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Hud looks weird I agree. I think the fact that it isn't dynamic with cosmetics (at least from what we've seen) will be very confusing.

Undying change is fine. Nerfed Ruin synergy but way more use with other hex perks now.

Clown is not what I was expecting. The yellow gas doesn't seem like it'll have that much utility but I'll have to test it in the PTB. Feels like the main strat for antidote is throw it between you and the survivor for 10% free speed.

• Ashwitherton
    Ashwitherton Member Posts: 83

I personally really like the changes honestly hud I find interesting I love the way you can now see the hooks left for killer and I am kinda upset about the undying nerf because swf and gen rush is a problem but I am a pop man so I dont find it affecting me the thing is I was hoping to see the key nerf but also a cheeky dead hard nerf in the next update but no such luck who knows maby the devs will surprise us in the ptb