Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killer is the least fun it has ever been...

YamiTheFurry
YamiTheFurry Member Posts: 229
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I've played for maybe 4 years now somewhere in there. And I think killer is at peak levels of being unfun. I don't really feel like giving a long list of reasons why as it should be apparent. Mainly extremely quick gens, more lack luster perks, stronger surviors perks, good killer perks getting the shaft. I want to play more than a few killers at high ranks to have an enjoyable time but rarely does that happen.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Started the game 2 months ago, I'm enjoying it and playing it a lot, mainly as Killer, but yeah it's probably one of the most stressful games I've ever played.

• YamiTheFurry
    YamiTheFurry Member Posts: 229

Glad you enjoy it so far, its a fun game to learn. But at some you learn everything and the games majir flaws reveal themselves.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

Yeah

I recently hit level 50 with all good/fun perks on every killer and now I have no reason to play the game. There really is nothing more to work towards once you've experienced all the wacky builds.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Yea now you feel like you have a chance but survivors just have too many tools

• BigKrazyKag
    BigKrazyKag Member Posts: 41

It's not that killer is under powered or that survivor perks are too good compared to killer perks. And killer perks that were " shafted " ended up being really good when paired with other perks. The real issue isn't the killer being unfairly under equipped to deal with survivors. It's other issues such as certain maps being more survivor sided and gens being hard to defend under certain circumstances. Optimal survivors make it very hard for even veteran killers to win. The real problem is this toxic community and all of the advantages they have because of the way they play. And honestly I'm no better. I had a friend point it out to me when i jumped in a locker while my DS was still active to avoid being downed. The killer obviously can't afford to sit around and wait for my 60 seconds to go by before hooking me and moving onto another target. Camping spells doom for killers. It's very much a community related problem as to why killer is so over challenging and it will take some major outside of the box thinking for developers to address this issue properly. I definitely wouldn't jump on the buff killer and nerf survivor band wagon without addressing the real issue if I were them.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

However, the game is in the best state it has ever been in.

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368

Dude, I just had a match with Killer who slug/camped me out of a game. That's unfun.

My teammates tried to keep me from being tunneled out of the match. My teammates - all of them escaped - which I'm glad for.

The irony is the killer at the end of of the match that they clearly lost saying 'gg ez'. I rolled my eyes and went to the next match as, I believe, all folks hit with that kind of stupidity should. Some matches are just trash for you. Get over it.

• BigKrazyKag

Well at least they paid for their mistake by taking the L for being stupid and staying fixated on one person rather than gens and the people doing them. lol

• BigKrazyKag

I think DS should be reduced to 20 seconds with the exception that the timer doesn't go down while in the killers terror radius and if someone else is hooked then DS should deactivate. As far as keys go I'm not really worried. You still have to do gens in order to get the hatch to spawn and if everyone is alive then it's impossible to get it to spawn until end game. I don't see why they're bothering to lower the pop timer by a mere 15 seconds. Oh well.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

Delusional posts do not help one get better at the game. Killers have been buffed over the years, survivors have been nerfed. I dropped my old main cause the game was too easy. And I still can 4K regularly with Wraith (Overcharge is his only gen perk) and Twins. (I did pick up Demo again recently and struggle with him tho, but I also don't got perks on him) I cannot even fathom the mind set of people who main strong killers and still lose.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,538

Agreed.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

You can play any killer you want in any ranks. I usually switch to every killers even the one I'm bad with.

• boostedsurvivormain
    boostedsurvivormain Member Posts: 399

Kind of sucks to say but I have to agree. I switch mains a lot so I can learn more killers, but it's simply not fun anymore. Whether I'm playing Oni, Blight, or Billy, I'm just bored.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

They should get destroyed here and there. How many matches do they 4K back to back? More so than they lose back to back. All streamers should get stomped on occasion. Wouldn't it be more of a concern if they never loss?

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

Yikes. Watched the Bubba match. Saw a completely different match than you did, I'm afraid. Regardless of a player's reputation of being a good killer, if they don't actually play a good round, then yes they will probably lose.

Her add-ons were not good, her perks were not good. She lost every chase. She had no pressure even on a small map. Didn't look like she was concentrating, either. Was lucky to even have two people on the ground at the end, and a chance at a 2k.

I like Umbra's huntress. Haven't seen her play other killers, but objectively that Bubba game was a purple/green rank killer performance, with every survivor outplaying her. In that case, yes, the survivors should win.

• Skullgrind
    Skullgrind Member Posts: 118

I've been playing Killer a year. I have gotten much better and the game has gotten way less fun. I mix up killers I am good with and ones I am learning and that keeps me in the 4-7 range right now. I have to force myself to start this game and pick killer. Not a good sign to me.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

If camping is such a bad strategy and means you'll loose then why is it used in tournament level gameplay consistently and it gives them wins?

• Withered8

So you complain about ds yet state that movie are useless now even though they negate half of ds's power and allow you to bypass so much time and sabo plays, wiggle off plays and many over factors.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

You mean back when killers could dribble a survivor to the hook and thus avoid DS?

Or when Ruin actually slowed gens down?

Or when Moris could be used on first down?

Yeah, survivors have been really hit hard since then...

• Withered8

But was she playing well? Just because you're a good killer doesn't mean you will play well every game and deserve to win every game, lets also not forget that at the end of the days she's a huntress main.

• Withered8

Exactly, just because you might be a good killer in general does not mean you are entitled to win every game, especially when the survivors are good and are outpacing you.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I admit she messed up her anti-looping attempts with the chainsaw a couple times (especially when she tried to backwards anti-loop and crashed into the rock resulting in a tantrum) but if a few mistakes justify a 4 man escape / 0k even when you're a streamer that lives and breathes DBD since... Basically ever - then it just goes to show how unforgiving killer gameplay is especially if you play any killer other than your main.

She even ran Corrupt Intervention which feels huge to me as I usually don't run any slowdown stuff.

Also don't people usually say Bubba is brainless easy to play? How did she then lose as Bubba with slowdown on Shelter Woods? That's an amazing map for Bubba.

• Withered8

Who's saying bubba is brainless to play? I quite enjoy vsing and playing as him because he's a very fair killer, provided there's no facecamping involved.

Regardless, missing and failing to get multiple downs is a few big mistakes which you should be punished for. Of you can't down someone, why should you be rewarded? Especially if you're vsing a good 4man. People don't seem to understand that you are and as should be penalised for making mistakes against a good opponent. Same goes for a good killer, who will definitely punish you if you make a mistake in a chase or give a free down/hook.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Soo,i didn't watch many tournaments so far but from what i can tell is that camping only really works if you get a down very early in the game and follow it up with hard tunneling if they come for the rescue

• Withered8

If you get a basement there's pretty much nothing they can do.

Farming against a nurse and spirit will only buy you so much time.

Also if you get a hook in the middle of a three gen or near a gen it's very easy to camp that and pressure the survivors, especially considering that high mobility killers are mostly played.

And it's not straightup facecamping every hook. It's doing things such as forcing struggle, forcing death and staying near hooks in strategic ways so that you are able to snowball off of it. So many killers try just facecamping every single hook and then expect to dominate a game off of that.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

That wasn't a 4 man SWF team (if that's what you were saying). Check the lobby. She had to wait for a 4th survivor for a while and I think one of the other survivors quit the lobby before another survivor joined so it was probably just a bunch of solos or maybe 2man.

Anyways I was not trying to say she deserved a 4k but shouldn't an experienced killer get at least let's say 1 kill even with a few mistakes (especially with some slowdown and a decent map)?

Or should the game literally be either 4k or No-k ? Under what circumstance should the killer 1k, 2k and 3k?

You know what I mean? The game seems like you're either stomping OR getting stomped - rarely something in between. Or is it just me?

As for Bubba being fair I obviously agree. He just punishes outpositioned people and those that mess up their loops. Mechanically he is what most killers should be like. He can't ignore pallets and windows BUT he is still dangerous if you don't use your resources efficiently.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    edited January 2021

To be fair,she would have had the 1k if the last survivor didn't outperk her with the deliverance+DS combo

Edit:Quoted the wrong person.I meant to quote @Withered8

• OniWantsYourMacaroni

Yeah i agree.I generalized camping a bit too much in my comment.

Mindless camping is a loss

Strategic camping can lead to a win

• RamblinRango
    RamblinRango Member Posts: 389
    edited January 2021

Are you trying to say that DS is fine because moris got nerfed? Are you saying the 5 seconds it takes to get a death hook makes moris worth it?

AHAHAHAHAHAH, you're 100% a survivor main

• Withered8

I never said Ds was fine but for your advice 50% of ds can be countered using a mori, allowing you to freely tunnel ppl off of second hook.

Oh and sorry I forgot saying anything against the grain or positive about DS is sinful and automatically means I'm an entitled survivor main.

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231

gens have only gotten slower in 4 years idk how you can use fast gens as an argument here.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

"if you get a down very early in the game"

If you don't get an early down you've probably lost anyway

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    edited January 2021

If it's any consolation, survivor is also the least fun it's ever been.

Also, what are these "stronger survivor perks" you speak of. The only meta perks are the same ones that have been there for the last 3 years -- DS, Unbreakable, Dead Hard.

• Shirokinukatsukami

Survivor HAS been hit hard. Much harder than killers.

Toolboxes and all their add-ons aren't even useful anymore. They are junk. Lunar Offerings were removed. Self Care is a joke. Balanced Landing was gutted. Mettle of Man was destroyed.

Maps have been totally reworked to have no more infinites, almost no safe palettes, and shorter loops in general. Totems are well-hidden. And ever map is as bright as high noon. Windows auto-close don't even need Bamboozle, palette vacuum is gone, EGC was introduced, sabotage is 99% irrelevant.

That's not even talking about direct buffs to killer baseline like bloodlust, or the dizzying array of detection perks that make stealth impossible. Speaking of stealth, killers are now better at hiding in this game than survivors are! And some killers can instadown from stealth!

Most of these were changes that needed to happen, and they are mostly for the good of the game. Same as the Mori, Old Ruin and Undying/Ruin nerfs, three things which absolutely did not belong in the game. But come on let's not pretend that survivor-side hasn't been hit hard.

• HarlowXRaven
    HarlowXRaven Member Posts: 191

I agree lol I went against this tbagging Ghostface who was tunneling and would mori everyone lol. He was having the time of his life. We have been hit hard recently I play the SWF side more nowadays but when I play solo I mostly stealth the fact that most killers cant realize we have been nerfed a lot kinda irritates me. It reminds me of those survivors on the forums who always call for killer perks to being nerfed it's really annoying like not everything needs to be nerfed all the time but I agree sometimes things need to be nerfed.

• Shirokinukatsukami

Yeah. I'm not saying that killers don't deserve buffs, that killers don't get heavy handed nerfs, or that survivors shouldn't get nerfed or whatever.

I'm just saying it goes both ways. And for the most part the changes are good for the game. God loops with a long wall and a window don't belong in the game. They are 100% unfair to the killer. Palette vacuum wasn't good either. And other things I forgot about in the first post like Exhaustion running down during the chase. That was completely unfair and needed to go. There's been a whole mountain of nerfs.

But there are things on the killer side that aren't good for the game either. All of these needed to be changed for the betterment of the game.

Survivor has been nerfed. And hard. There is no need to pretend they haven't. That's just people who want to think that BHVR is survivor-sided (they're not) as an excuse for why they are having a hard time in the game.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Honestly the game has been much more fun for killer now then previously. Actually solid regression perks like pop and the ruin update have made the game much more enjoyable and interactive. Cross play has introduced more fresh blood so the difficulty in high rank killers is not as astronomically high as it used to be. Now this could be the fact that I lived in the dark ages of dbd i.e. exhaustion reducing during chase, ds havign a power struggle activation level or in the case of an obsession instant, pickup was much longer and clunkier losing a lot of time. Oh and your killer options was billy or nurse which yes both got overnerfed 100% but the wide rooster of playable killers has the kept game fun.

That being said op has a point with regards to a lot of longstanding killer problems that have existed for much longer periods of time. Map redesigns are centered on liked maps rather then the frustrating problematic ones. Haddonfield has experience no changes bar the elimination in massive length of fence walls which is proven false in multiple dbd clips. Keys are still unchanged though I personally would change the hatches spawn to 5 gens done or one survivor left instead. There is a fear we are going back into some awful balancing at least in terms of killer space. Nurse and billy was a massive failure both plummeting in popularity and many of its mains throwing away these killers in favor of others or just straight dropping dbd. It seems to me that the dev team are keenly aware of how to play survivor but lack any skilled or experienced killers to properly change there mechanic without massively hurting the desire for them to be played. Look at OoO response only data analysis no player perspective not even the teams survival rate just the individual using it.

You can Bring up any number of excuses license limitations, easier things to fix but the longer these problems exist the more one has to question why are they continuously sidelining these in favor of continuously nerfing the killer. Using arguments for survivors that popularity doesn't mean it needs to be nerf but using popularity among killer builds to signal that it needs to be nerf. If I'm misinterpreting anything or missed something point it out recent history has been extremely unkind to killer let not even talk about the utter failure that was the twins that predominantly bugged up a variety of killers.

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

I was always killer main but after being like yiu said shafted every update. I seem to be playing survivor more and more.

I managed 3 games earlier as killer.

1st one. Bad.

2nd one. Bad.

3rd one. Bad.

Game switched off and went to watch somwthing. I will play later as survicor with my friends. No point playing killer unless I need the BP.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I think the title of this thread was ill-advised. There are Players here that have been here from the start who have a far superior perspective on such things. It would have been better to title this thread, "I'm Frustrated Playing Killer and Not Having Fun Anymore". That would have been accurate for the OP and kept the discussion zeroed in on the matter at hand.

I'm a relative newcomer. While I did play this game briefly (and I mean VERY briefly) back when it first came out, I don't consider that to have counted. When it first came out I tried it and didn't like it. It wasn't there yet for me. I only came back toward the end of last year and was really impressed and have been having a ball. I play Killer and Survivor, and if I wasn't having fun, I wouldn't be here anymore. There are too many games to waste the recreation time I have on one I don't have fun with. Does that make sense?

All that being said, there are trends that I consider troubling. Matchmaking has been an issue since I came back and starting playing. I started right before the first release of MMR into the wild, suffered through it, and have been playing here ever since. The implied return of it, replacing Rank entirely (supposedly) doesn't thrill me. There are no good reasons not to explain to us how it works, what it measures, and if we will be able to see our own ratings. So far, that information is not forthcoming. I hope they correct that. I hope with Rank becoming just a rewards system (underfunded in BP if you ask me), that a Leaderboard will go up somewhere so we can see where we stand overall. Shallow people like me like those kinds of things. There has clearly been a drop in the Killer to Survivor ratio, which has been increasing Ques in some regions and time periods significantly. Likewise, I still think Solo and Team need their own Ques, and that trying to balance the SWF's 5th Perk (Comms) with Perks is a bad idea because of how it hits the Solo Players. There, my little digression is done.

We are in the wild west right now. I think MMR is already in motion and they just haven't told us yet. The matches I've been getting over the last week or so look EXACTLY like the weird matchups I was getting when they turned on MMR last time. In short, it is all random or it might as well be random because the MMR doesn't work. I suspect, due to the Que issues, we will simply be getting what amounts to a 1st in is 1st out matchmaking system. I think they are pretty much doing that right now. It really isn't any worse (and certainly no better) that what was happening before. I think the long term health of this game is going to center on whether they can get good matchmaking or not.

• RamblinRango
    RamblinRango Member Posts: 389

Makes argument for why DS is okay, backtracks immediately when called out lmao ok

You being an entitled survivor main is all we can agree on because everything else you've said so far is just dumb. Also your death hook is not 50% of DS, it's 33% and if you are tunneling it's almost always used before death hook anyways so, moris are just an animation, not a counter to anything expect 10 seconds of gameplay. Basic math and English obviously aren't your strong points so it's okay, but stop pretending like they are.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

No, for me the peak of unfun was when there was bucket loads of pallets, DS was in the game, and super vacuum pallets existed. It was a horrible, horrible time for killer and when the devs where extra super survivor sided. Instead of just regular survivor sided like they are now.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,004

People wonder why BHVR "doesn't listen" to the community and then make threads like this.

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517

Nah i am having a blast, sucks to be you Ig

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441

yes

• Withered8

Ur telling me maths and basic English aren't my strong points yet you're saying that half of 100 percent is 33 percent. Morris negate half of DS because DS only activates 2 times and Morris counter the second time. And ur also saying that being able to bypass ds, sabo plays, flashlight plays, wiggle off plays, antipickuo and slug plays and save time is completely useless?

Don't start making up stuff because I NEVER said DS was fine, I simply asked why you complained that Morris were useless when they counter half of DS, something which you clearly don't realise yet.

Of course I could yell you that I have probably 3k hours almost on killer nut you wouflnt believe ofcourse so yes I am an entitled survivor main you must be right.