Some ideas about wiggles, falling, and basements?

Cheesesticks1
Cheesesticks1 Member Posts: 13
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

That little drop into the basement killers use to cut out some of the distance, in my opinion should add a small amount to the wiggle bar. (3-5% or maybe 10% at most) it makes sense, from a realistic standpoint. (I understand this game isn't exactly meant to be super extra realistic, but dropping down any distance while carrying something heavy makes you lose your grip a little bit at least.)

Maybe longer drops increase the wiggle more? Like in Ironworks of misery?

And specifically for the basement, if the killer is within a certain distance of the basement a small increase of speed, like maybe 1% to counteract the extra time spent walking down the stairs instead of taking the drop.

Though I think proximity to the basement should have some kind of fear effect that maybe makes the survivors struggle harder to control, not like increasing the wiggle meter faster. Maybe something like boil over, but much weaker.

These are just some small ideas that I thought I would put out there, some things that make sense to me. I wanted to see what other people thought of them. But while I main survivor, I still want the game to be balanced for everyone so I tried to think of ways to make small changes like this but not be one sided on the issues. We all deserve to have fun, and I think these things could be good for everyone.

Answers

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

In real life this would make sense, but the killers have been granted an exceptional amount of strength by the entity, some of them even supernatural powers!

How else could Rin pick up someone like David otherwise, she'd probably break in half irl lol.

If you fell down a small drop carrying with someone with super strength, you'd probably keep a good hold on them too.

• Cheesesticks1

See, I brought up the point about the game being somewhat unrealistic to make this point, and how I've already thought of this, but still wanted to have the discussion regardless.

Bringing it up adds nothing to the conversation.

And considering the "carrying someone with super strength" argument is null, because then you could extend that logic to say "oh but I have super strength so I would never drop anything ever"

• Chchchcheryl
    edited January 2021

you woke up today and chose violence then?

I'm not making it realistic, I'm saying they have super strength so I don't think that it would make sense from a game lore point of view for them to drop or lose grip on someone they are carrying if they drop off a small ledge

and the killers don't drop stuff so your point is null lol

• Cheesesticks1

If that were true you would never be able to wiggle free. Boi lOver, Breakout, Saboteur, Flip Flop all useless perks, no point because "killers don't drop stuff"

And no, I didn't 'wake up and choose violence' You're trying to undermine my whole point using faulty logic.

It adds nothing to the conversation, it's only intended to be a break down of ideas without considering the thought behind it.

If I was going full realistic, the drop should stun the killer, even just a small drop, should in real circumstances stun and make you completely drop the carried survivor.

This is a game, and I'm not suggesting that a 2 ft / half meter drop on the stairs or even a 30 ft / 9 meter drop like in Ironworks of Misery should do that, I'm saying it should add a very small amount to a wiggle meter.

So yes, your comment did frustrate me because it's simply intended to ignore my whole point. As I've said it only detracts from discourse and nothing is gained.

I even gave counter play for the idea, because I don't want to only favor one side, and adding to that walking down stairs or slopes should make you move more quickly while carrying a survivor because it's easier to carry something heavy when gravity is on your side.

Now, can we have a conversation about the idea without bringing up something that I have already noted and pointed out how it doesn't progress dialogue or contribute in any meaningful way aside from "killer super duper strong BRRRRR"

• Chchchcheryl

wow nice way to completely ignore what I said, i wasn't intending to brush over what you're saying, but you didn't need to go into super attack mode, and wiggling is slipping free not overpowering the killer

you don't need to automatically get angry because someone said smth you didn't like