Blight is a seriously underrated killer!

Zesty
Zesty Member Posts: 380

Thats it... As a Blight main i think he deserves more love <3

Comments

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Is Blight underrated? I guess console players often say he's weak, but I don't know how much of that is people just overusing his power and how much is actual console limitations.

• troy99
    troy99 Member Posts: 45

I was expecting different gameplay from blight like using his chemical weapons on survivors, didn't expect him to bounce around. But as a result his gameplay is amazing, he can end chases very quickly, can put map pressure, rush is a 180 degree hitbox that hits most of time. I love playing blight with good addons

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

I can't imagine anyone saying he is weak, except people that can't control his power

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021

He's probably one of the hardest killers in the game to play as, definitely harder than Nurse. Both rely on keeping track of survivors at all times to properly use and navigate your power, otherwise you lose chases and tons of time. What makes him harder than Nurse is the fact that he has to play a minigame with structures while also robbing himself of vision while doing so since he has to stare at walls. IMO his aura reading addon should be base on him.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

I don't think he's underrated at all personally. He tends to rank pretty high on peoples tier lists

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

(Devs making the blight) "ok so he was a chemist making different serums, what should his power be?" "HE BOUNCES OFF WALLS!"

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,084

He is not harder than Nurse. You can easily use Blight just for mobility and never use his Power at Loops, this is not possible with Nurse.

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327

He has a nice catch up mechanic, which is handy ofc, but on loops he's one of the worst killers out there. Even clown is better at loops. Seriously map and addon dependend.

• MasterGrit
    MasterGrit Member Posts: 331
    edited January 2021

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

He has a higher skill cap than nurse, which means you can get better and better even more than you can with nurse. Nurse has a higher skill floor though because of the fact that you can't play her without using her power.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Playing Blight on console is like watching a power point presentation of Nea turning 2 degrees to dodge your hit.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

Blight is like a much worse nurse, dashing around but without being able to go through objects and can't attack on the first blink. It demands so much mechanical skill for what it skill ceeling can achieve. I prefer investing time in other killers.

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554

Blight is underrated when he works.

Sadly the reworked maps are detrimental to him because these devs can't make accurate hitboxes for whatever reason.

Don't even get me started on new ormond, which has worse hitboxes than before.

• Withered8

Apart from ormond, I would say the new maps are actually mostly better. It's the older ones like swamp i find bs.

• FregglesFred
    FregglesFred Member Posts: 317

Console Blight is worse than Clown. I used to consider him F tier, but I think he's a B tier to say the least. Has counters, and is fair to go against.

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554

Tell that to Autohavens cars. Blight literally can't hit the broad side of a car or truck without slipping off in some way.

• Withered8

Theres only one autohaven type of car which you cant bounce off of, and its actually more useful than a nuescense because you can slide around the cars rather than getting stuck on them.

Swap is where the bs collision is at. It's pretty much random as to whether you'll slide off a tree or not and theres some rocks and debree you cant bounce on at all.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

Yeah, alot of people took the whole "Alchemist" thing seriously when in reality, he's not who he once was anymore.

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 234

Conceptually and Aesthetically, I think he's great. I gave him a fair run for a while, but I couldn't get the hang of controlling his Rush (PS4 for context). I found it great for covering ground in a pinch, but I kept getting dodged.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,048
    edited January 2021

Definitely not. Blight main here. Power is very very usable at the majority of tiles. Learn positioning and flicks, you'll be fine. He's not just a catch-up killer. He has great anti-loop, you just can't think black and white, you HAVE TO be creative and understand the capabilities of Blight. He's not an easy killer, so for most, yes, catch-up is going to be what's good.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,099

I love Blight, he's my main since he went live, but I got kind of sick of his toddler PoV, so I'm taking a tiny break from him, right now I'm just farming add-ons for him, currently at 101 Blight Tags.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

Another kinda Blight main here and the other guy has a point actually. I can use my power in most tiles but in any buffer pallet Blight's ability is useless. His height makes it so you can't even see above the object you are looping and it is very hard to track the survivor. I use Enduring + Spirit Fury exactly because of this since this is one of his biggest weaknesses.

Come on BHVR fix his height already!

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,048

I mean, a lot of using blight's ability at tiles IS prediction, which height doesn't save at all. It's like a flick Billy, except you have a LOT more control and can fight against unpredictability. I do agree height needs change, but I don't think he's useless due to it at the vast majority of tiles. Also, compound can help with this.

Also, are you a flick Blight? I flick as Blight, and it does give you an edge at even more tiles, though you don't NEED it.

What exactly do you mean by buffer pallet, though? Like short wall pallets?

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

Oh I meant "filler" pallets lol, the ones outside buildings, jungle gyms and pallet gyms. Like between 2 objects that you run around until the survivor drops the pallet. You literally can't use your power in these.

Yeah as long as I flick I can hit around some of the smaller objects survivors hide behind, maybe if I get better I can hit behind even larger objects, thats mostly why I'm in this thread. If there is a way to play filler pallets better than an m1 killer as a Blight I would love to know, but as far as my games go I try to break it as soon as possible and hope that they don't find a large object before I reach them with my rush, which causes me to struggle a lot in indoor maps without Spirit Fury + Enduring.

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

Sadly, we, console players cannot experience how good it is because devs are lazy and don't want to add M&K.

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

As a Blight main myself, I find great value in his Power.

The flexibility Rushing truly gives when you go from Oni directly to him is astounding.

It's like having Demon Rush into an M1 at almost all times.

• TurtleSushiTV
    TurtleSushiTV Member Posts: 156

I love Blight such a cool design, I just cant control the bastard I run around the map like a crazy man lol. more practice is needed

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Not me, i've seen what his potential is.

I just prefer to not have having to bonk objects as my Killer Power.

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 256

I respectfully disagree here (at least on PC). While I can't say how effective he is vs tournament tier survivors, I can say that he is the opposite of Add-on dependent. Hell, he doesn't even really need perks, I am currently doing well with him with only Infectious + BBQ, no other perks needed even vs 2k+ hours SWFs, although a lot of practice is required, kinda like nurse.

He only really has problems with his camera and faulty hitboxes on a lot of maps (including reworked asylum, although the game seems to be fine), but if those were fixed he could use his power on what feels like 90% of all loops, and the loops he couldn't use it on are m1 mindgameable for the most part, giving him stupid map pressure due to his mobility AND lethality.

Now this is not to say that his Add-ons don't help him, most of them are VERY good (except for placebo and adrenaline vial IMO), with the alchemist ring probably being his best Add-on, since it fully refills your stacks if you land a lethal rush hit, allowing you to either down a survivor REALLY fast or letting you bounce between multiple survivors, quickly injuring/downing most of the team. Compound 33 is also obviously really good, so the blight ends up having a ton of Add-on options to further increase his power in different ways, instead of just having one optimal set.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Nah I play on Xbox so more like worst killer in the game. PC-players seems to have fun with him though.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045

I expect he is very strong given M+K and framerate that goes above 15fps. (cries in console)

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458

underrated? no he's pretty good and have a huge skill gap to learn forever, everyone agree on that.

Could he be better? yes with better turning he could be S tier, but right is a tier for the best player