Congrats, BHVR. You finally made a patch that was so bad that I went and uninstalled.

Options
Bard
Bard Member Posts: 657
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Given your track record, I was under the impression that my expectations of you were so low that you couldn't manage to reach a new low...

...but I was wrong! The HUD changes in this patch are (somehow) even worse than the sum total of balance decisions.

The combination of your infrequent patch cadence, low volume of balance changes per patch, and generally low quality of balance choices have made me dislike you for four years now, but it hadn't been quite enough to make me leave.

The Twins were a complete ######### disgrace that made me lose interest in DBD entirely, but I thought that at least the next update might be better.

So I install the PTB.

Somehow, this ######### is worse than the Twins PTB.

On top of effectively removing the only perk making half the killer roster playable, you managed to unlearn every single game design principle collectively accumulated by game designers since the release of Street Fighter 2 in 1991.

That ######### is such a disgrace to anyone with eyes that despite this update being a significant buff to Clown, one of my favorite killers, I can't force myself to play a single round of it.

Fuck it. What does it matter to you?

Just the thoughts of a 4,550 hour player. Well, ex-player.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

No first of all DS is not fine it’s a very op perk but your very weak to be getting this angry over a perk and a hud like seriously your letting this get to you. I understand the hud is bad but get over it a ######### perk gets nerfed whatever move on and get better

• [Deleted User]
    Options

The new hud is pretty bad but I am fairly confident they'll listen to people and either change some of it or at least add new options for positions of things.

I just don't think it will happen within the week like people hope.

BHVR is pretty slow at correcting things; and will probably insist that we "sit on it and see how we feel about it after some time".

Though I can say for certainly after playing on PTB all day, I do not like the gen info and survivor info being where it is; and the new injured status is rather hard to see compared to before i hate it.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

Peace.

• boostedsurvivormain
    boostedsurvivormain Member Posts: 399
    Options

Kinda sad to say but I feel you. Game's been super stale ever since the Twins and the new PTB just made it worse. I'm not gonna quit but I'm taking an indefinite break if this godawful UI goes live.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

I mean with it's interaction with the killer imo yes, however using it especially with UB to do gens off hook no.

• Chilli_man2400
    Options

By that time I will be a millionaire and retire from this game it won’t take that long a game can’t last that long on live service

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542
    Options

I'm aware that this game won't last that long, but still... I can't comprehend why devs do things at such slow pace. They could adress almost all of useless perks by just changing numbers, but they don't do and won't do.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2021
    Options

Yeah I know they are arrogant and stubborn; and that's why I doubt they will fix it or offer a solution anytime soon.

It will probably take a few damn months for them to realize people understand what they are used to and what they are not; and that it really is just bad design.

BHVR has always thought their community was clueless, it's one of the reasons things progress so slowly development wise. They'll clue in eventually but it will take them a few months to do so.

• Chilli_man2400
    Options

No they haven’t remember when auras was changed people hated it and the devs said they did this to reduce the amount of bugs coming but then they said you win and brought back the old auras. Then they brought in MMR and that failed so they said alright guys you win and they disabled the MMR they listen they will probably adjust the hud when the time comes

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2021
    Options

I didn't forget; you literally just described exactly what I said o.o

They were stubborn about those things as well at first; EVENTUALLY they came around. They will with this too I am sure, but for the first while they are going to say things like "Well you just need to get used to it".

• Gamefrequenz
    Gamefrequenz Member Posts: 13
    Options

Same here bro. Im leaving

• NightWolfsFury
    NightWolfsFury Member Posts: 217
    Options

To be fair, Behavior was basically an indie dev team working on a game that was never really done before.

Of course it'll be difficult to balance properly. It's asymmetrical and a party game that they can't decide whether should be competitive or casual.

While their team has grown since then, the and isn't as imbalanced as people think. Most killers are above a 60% kill rate, which is actually very balanced. In a game like this, you should be trying for around a 50-60% kill rate. Any higher and the game becomes unfun and actually imbalanced.

A trashed on game is 0 kills, lost is 1 kill, 2 is going even (which is around what it should be), 3 means you win, and 4 means you trashed on them. People need to get out of the mindset that 4k is the only win, when it isn't. Survivors should be escaping, at least 1 of them, most of the time. If most killers were averaging less than 60%, I would say killers need a lot of buffs, but as it stands, only 3 killers are below 60%. That's very balanced in my opinion, outside of the 3 killers.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

Maybe sometime I also hated the developers for a brief moment, When Blight arrived, The bugs of jumping windows and hanging survivors and even the graphic change of Springwood and Yamoaka, but to the point of calling them "Idiots" and they even ruin the game with each update? That is too much, maybe the new HUD will be annoying, horrifying and desperate to have it in the future, but it is only a PTB, maybe they are still in improvements to implement it in a better way, we also have to adapt to the new change, the new generators, pallets , perk updates, new graphics, etc. They do this for us and give us something in return that can be good and meaningful for everyone, like the new change to the clown. The HUD will be horrible but it is to be appreciated in a good way, even if we don't like it.

• Chilli_man2400
    Options

That was changed in a week I bet the hud will get adjusted before launch

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837
    Options

Hope you find what you're looking for. I play on console myself, so i havent seen the PTB yet. Hope its not as bad as everyone says. All my friends quit, pretty much forcing me to main killer. I like this game. I put a lot of money into it. I really hope it doesn't become unplayable...

....Also what perk's getting nerfed?

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
    Options

DS is totally fine. But killer perks were fine too. Idk why they have yet, another killer nerf update.

• noctis129
    Options

The biggest one is undying. Cuz survivors are too lazy to do bones.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

If you're burnt out on multiplayer games, definitely give some single players games a try. You can play them while you look for a new multiplayer game.

• zzzxoren
    zzzxoren Member Posts: 3
    Options

based

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837
    Options

I used Undying on three different killers and every match I loaded into, it and the other Hex got destroyed by swf at the exact same time. Swf dominates undying, so why does it need a nerf?

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Options

I mean the HUD is ugly but aren't you taking it a bit too far??? Like... it's only a HUD after all. And it will probably be changed, since most people are complaining about it lol.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,265
    edited January 2021
    Options

you seem pretty mad for someone who could have just not let it get to them

you would think after 4500 hours your will to wait for good changes would be gone / broken by now but it took that long

alright good luck with that and see you in a few weeks when the new killer rolls around

• noctis129
    Options

It doesn't need a nerf. But it annoyed survivors so they nerfed it.

A lot ppl will argue that they are solo and that ur swf argument is invalid.

Survivor queue is getting long even during prime time which is ridiculous.

• Blue_Archer33
    Blue_Archer33 Member Posts: 318
    Options

Imagine exploding this severely, then lashing out on others in a toxic manner all because of a HUD update, smoother animation update, and perk balances.

Honestly thought that this newest update was one of the most exciting and healthiest in a while. Pumped to have it released to consoles.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747
    Options

In order to play with the new HUD you need to unlock your third eye lmao. Seriously tho alot of people already know where this game is heading.... With the amount of time they take to fix bugs, release broken patches, and make horrible balance decisions i won't be surprised if they end up losing more veteran players. And when people say "bye uninstall" you know there's one less person. 1 less killer 1 less survivor longer que times.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

I think your only focusing on the negative. Sure you don't like the UI, but this isn't entirely bad.

Killers got well needed buff (although they could do more with wraith and trapper)

Older perks got buffed so that they could be used more.

And the new map changes looks good.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

This PTB is nowhere near the level of garbage as chapter 18. The HUD will most likely be changed because of the backlash and undying shouldn't be the only perk a killer should HAVE to run to win. Their core design needs to be fixed. Undying was very RNG reliant which created pretty unhealthy gameplay and yes, I have run this multiple times with ruin so I think I can say that this perk needed a nerf. It might not have been the best nerf, but it was still necessary. A player who has play 4,500+ hours in this game should expect something like this from the game, it shouldn't be that way but unfortunately, it is. The Clown buffs were still good, he may still be a good killer but the change to his power is only good.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488
    edited January 2021
    Options

Umm barely anything in this game is actually overpowered. Just about everything can be beaten. Although I understand your frustrations, people won a lot without ruin and undying. And the his looks weird but kinda cool. I think you're overreacting a little

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576
    edited January 2021
    Options

Well at least the map reworks look amazing.

That Saw map.... Holy thats good

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    Options

I think the hud looks good. Once you get used to it, you look exactly where you need to get the desired info.

I never ran the undying meta but might now that it works for token hexes.

Either way, getting pissed off and uninstalling a game because the PTB had stuff you didn't like is crazy. Its not even in the game yet. They may change things. Stop freaking out, chicken little. The sky isn't falling

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    Options

They're slightly merging hex: undying but are buffing it in other ways. It now is easier for survivors to destroy ruin but it also lets hex perks that have been saved by undying keep their tokens.

• Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410
    Options

Its just a HUD!

Personally, I think this update is a lot better than the previous one. The Twins update was #########, we all know that. I think the HUD is nice, just needs to be a bit more contact so I am not constantly moving my head. The maps are also nice, the Meat factory one I actually found really creepy to play in compared to other maps due to the mannequins. The Clown everyone is gonna have to get used to, its very different but I am sure if the devs listen to the communities advice it will go smoothly.

Can't believe someone is leaving over a HUD...

• Halbix
    Halbix Member Posts: 42
    Options

The crutch is required though, some killers (well, most killers) just can't do ######### at top level play

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858
    Options

DS not fine. If you're unhooked and DS activates, and the killer downs someone else and hooks them, your DS should deactivate. It also shouldn't work from lockers, unless the person has been in the locker for 5 seconds.

It's too easy to abuse this perk for easy gains when they're not earned or warranted.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    Options

Okay, really all this over a bad hud and one perk change?

Bye. Don't let the exit gate hit you on the way out.

• tortrader
    tortrader Member Posts: 539
    Options

I get the idea that this is the straw that broke the camel's back for this guy. The HUD change and perk nerf were not in and of themselves what aggravated him, but a continuation of a pattern he's seen. That's the obvious take, not what you took out of it.

• Valkyra
    Valkyra Member Posts: 4
    Options

"Just the thoughts of a 4,550 hour player. Well, ex-player"

Lmao, sounds about right hahahahahaha

• kaijudane
    kaijudane Member Posts: 139
    edited January 2021
    Options

I think once this next patch goes live that might be time for me to retire as well. I've been playing since December 2016 and until the middle of 2019 I thought this game was outstanding. Once they added garbage like "fog whisperers", perk and killer reworks/buffs/nerfs, (all at the former's whim"), unbalanced SWF feature, removing tiles, making maps smaller, making maps darker, dedicated servers that are just as bad as peer to peer, poorly designed killers or killers who aren't viable without slugging, bbq & chili is "just for bloodpoints", survivors continuing to grief at the gates, survivors sandbagging each other, more aura reading perks and add ons for killers, killers and survivors almost always using the same builds, (spirit and stridor...yawn),and lastly, outside of Halloween there are no more themed lobbies or events after having a precedent of at last 4 or 5 every year.