No joke can we add counter-play to the spirit please

Options
13»

Comments

• rafajsp
    rafajsp Member Posts: 475
    edited January 2021
    Options

Good luck trying to abuse a main spirit you will be down before reach the pallet bro (I'm NOT talking about mediocre ones).

• Billy ( lot of fun ).
    • Nurse ( lot of fun ).
    • Bubba ( hilarious even if it's insidious base Bubba god i cry LOL ).
    • Wraith ( lot of fun, trying to outplay with smart chases and bodyblocks from Wraith denied lot of fun ).
    • Demo ( amazing fun chases ).

Against Spirit ( pre-drop a pallet and hope she is not on the other side already ... if you ever reach that pallet). Vault and hope again.

What's the point ?

We want to defend ourselves, mindgame and sometimes get out along with all hours we put in the game and experience.

Not just GUESS and HOPE.

Lastly she has all the tools to get you. You have nothing !

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Survivors want 100% control of the chase like they have vs M1 killers. They want the control to be in their hands, and the killers chances to rely on their mistakes. Any killer that gives the killer player an equal chance and they don't like it. It's pure entitlement.

Let them nerf Spirit though. Go ahead do it. Survivor queues are bad enough right now, guess what happens when you gut the most popular killer? enjoy your 20 minute queue times survivors.

• MasterofSFL
    MasterofSFL Member Posts: 125
    Options

Survivors want to not get BTFO'd because they have no options. For whatever reason people (killer mains) don't understand that, yet complain endlessly when they have to deal with nonstop Decisive Strikes, Unbreakable and Flashlight spam. The more reasonable options Survivors have to actually attempt a risky outplay or make an impactful decision based on immediate information, the less complaints and the justifications for these annoying perks there will be.

• Karen_with_baby
    Karen_with_baby Member Posts: 3
    Options

Check yui kimura perk for not leaving blood or just no mither

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,286
    Options

You really dont need Stridor with Spirit, unless you truly need your hand to be held THAT hard.

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613
    Options

maybe use a headset they already kinda nerfed her so i dont get whats the big deal survivors can easily track where you are coming from so gen grabs rarely happen

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

You can tell from her animations being interrupted as well as her hair when she leaves the husk, but very few believe me or even try to see.

Now knowing this and playing with it, makes it easier to face her aswell as give a muuuch higher chance at winning fakes. I think they should just make this a feature if it's a bug, (btw its been there pretty much since the start) to at least make it more obvious to others not paying attention. This will not nerf her to the ground, but it give the survivors a bit more opportunity.

"I'm tired of having to suicide on hooks" You are part of her problem.

Wanna know what will make anything seem op? When at least 1 survivor dcs/suicides because of what they're facing. Yes maam, that will make most of her games seem terrible so thank you to the people who are too afraid to play against her.

• rafajsp
    Options

LMFAO !

Waste 2 slots to try counterplay a killer ! Nice experience.

• rafajsp
    Options
  • rafajsp
    Options

I will try to manipulate the sound, I will play the flute around the map.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Sounds like you are waiting at the gen for to long. Spirit counter is about taking action as soon as you are aware of her. Her design gives you huge warning cues which is only negated if you ignore your window. Yes she is good at tracking, especially with certain perks, but it's still a person that can be fooled or outplayed.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Fun fact, unless the Spirit is running Father's Glasses (iri addon), she can't see your blood while phasing. That makes anti bleeding perks less useful vs Spirit. You'd be better off with Dance With Me, Deception, Poised, Distortion, and maybe even Lightweight because they mess with your scratch marks.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,265
    Options

good think I don't play spirit

and play a variety of those listed except substitute wraith for blight because hes boring

• rafajsp
    edited January 2021
    Options

That i was talking about. She has all and survivor has lucky which don't need hours into game practicing.

Yes sometimes i can outplay Spirit but at the same time i feel like "what i did ?"

• tariousx
    tariousx Member Posts: 156
    Options

So BHVR should change something because you cant learn something? What? That's like saying nerf survivor movement speed because I get looped. You don't need Iron Will to effectively evade her, because that's all your going to do if she really wants to get you. Learn to be more unpredictable, learn to get inside a killers head. But wait that takes practice, like learning how survivors loop and attempt to misdirect the Killer. It takes time, and practice. Not just brain dead run to pallet, drop pallet, teabag, apply flashlight. You are too conditioned to the same strategies, so when you get something different that you refuse to actually learn you cry out.

The best survivors know they are going to go down, but they make damn sure that you spent ever last extra second the could milk outta you before they do.

• druggedpug69
    druggedpug69 Member Posts: 155
    Options

Just don't die 4head ez solution

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425
    Options

Take Lithe, Dance with Me, and Quick and Quiet. Hop over a window and run away, the spirit will have no idea where you are.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

Watch a tournament or two and see what those survivors do against her. They practice for hours on end against Spirit alone. Contrary to popular belief, you can tell when she's phasing by her husk, and it's not the shards. Her left arm has a specific animation when she starts charging.

• Diet_Boi
    Diet_Boi Member Posts: 69
    Options

Yea, spirit, deathslinger, and pyramid head all have the same boring playstyle of a guessing game. If you put a lot of time into the game you will come to realize all that work and skill you learned doesn't help you if you play against "good" ones. I am a killer main and I think playing as and playing against these killers are very boring. Your knowledge of map layout, windows,pallets won't help you against these killers and it sucks.

• Liqhtninq
    Liqhtninq Member Posts: 94
    Options

As opposed to the boring playstyle of looping until you drop a pallet and run away to the next loop spot and repeat over and over.

• Diet_Boi
    Diet_Boi Member Posts: 69
    Options

That is what the game has to offer yes, the source of survival is windows and pallets, I'm mainly talking about the guessing game aspect where you have to make a guess and hope it works instead of using the skill you've obtained over time.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 568
    edited January 2021
    Options

After I played against one on Midwich I checked the vod to see what my actions looked like from the Spirit's point of view. And honestly, excluding Father's Glasses which is crazy broken, I think she would be decently fair if Stridor didn't work during phasing.

I was playing Kate (who is on the more quiet half of survivors when injured) without Iron Will and you basically had to be deaf to not know exactly where I was at at any given moment during phase due to how loud Stridor was making her.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I've read like four of your comments in this thread and I keep ping ponging between agreeing 100% and very much disagreeing lol. This is one I really disagree with. If the average survivor is bad, is the average killer good? Like it doesn't seem like a great argument to just say "oh she performs well because survivors are bad" when in theory killers shouldn't all be great with her either.

I see no way that four solos can beat an amazing Spirit almost every time. If she's using her power correctly she's phasing in short bursts so there's pretty much no chance of the survivor losing her. If you're countering that it's usually because she's messing up. I 100% agree with your comment about the average rank 1 Nurse or Spirit having plenty of counterplay, though. Spirits often make the mistake of phasing from too far away, which just depletes her power gauge and gives survivors a better chance of losing her. If she's phasing from like 15m away, though, you're taking a hit unless you're on a perfect tile or she messes up.

A top SWF should be able to do better because they can communicate so as to avoid taking chases to begin with, but I'd still like to see a few hundred trials for science. Usually the best you can hope for in a chase with a good Spirit is a 50/50 (e.g. dropping a pallet while she's phasing and hoping you're on the right side of it), but if she's using her power optimally, she'll be able to phase again right away after guessing wrong and will be able to force you right into another one. Probability then eventually makes the chase pretty short, especially if you're injured and she can more easily determine your precise location.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    edited January 2021
    Options

Every killer can be countered by splitting up and doing gens. The killer does have some say in this, because once someone's hooked they're forced to have at least two survivors in the same spot, but still. A generic 1v4 counter, though, is not a good reason for killers that are busted in the 1v1, like Spirit and Deathslinger, not to have their chase potential weakened. If you're strong enough in the chase you can break that 1v4 counter, and regardless it's just not fun to play against a killer that dominant in the 1v1 regardless of how many people escape.

I've already said that many Spirits mess up enough that it gives survivors a chance, but as with Deathslinger, I think it's terrible design to have 1v1 counterplay designed around the killer messing up. Killers should of course have an advantage in any chase, but survivors should still have opportunities to extend chases through skillful play regardless of how good the killer is (and vice versa). People playing Spirit at a high level just don't give survivors that opportunity.

Every second of the killer's time you waste is only three seconds of repair time for the first chase of the match. After that it should be closer to 1:1 - one survivor's on the hook, one is rotating for the save / healing the survivor who was hooked if they choose to, one is getting pressured by the killer, and one is doing gens. When the first survivor dies, the killer should be able to keep survivors off of gens completely by chasing extremely well, but even playing decently well will very much limit progress, especially when combined with regression perks like Pop.

Given the importance of the first chase, I can see an argument for adding some sort of "early-game collapse" like folks have been asking for to limit how much impact the first chase has on the outcome of the match. If done right, that could smooth things out for both sides without hurting balance too much. However, increasing gen times by more than a few seconds would be a massive and unwarranted nerf to survivors, even if you tried to temper things by nerfing perks like Pop, Surge, or Thanatophobia that give percentage-based regressions or slowdowns.