Getting Banned For Having Bad WiFi is Unfair

I'm writing this because I just received a 12 minute ban simply because I lagged out of a match. This is totally unfair I've intentionally disconnected maybe at the absolute MOST 5 times in the 3 or 4 years I've been playing it. Why in the world should I get punished the way others who intentionally try to ruin the game for others do due to a simple network error. Is it impossible to tell the difference between someone actually hitting the quit button and accidentally lagging out? I 100% doubt that, please someone fix this.

Comments

• BlooperReel
    BlooperReel Member Posts: 127

I asked this same question and the response I got was:

"They can't tell the difference between intentional and unintentional DCs. Honestly if someone with bad internet is playing, it's on them for not knowing better"

So, I guess either they don't know how to make a proper DC system or they just don't care

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,765

The devs have stated they cannot differentiate between an actual intentional disconnect or a network failure/lagging out/game crash type. The matchmaking penalty treats them all as the same.

• MeatN2Vedge
    MeatN2Vedge Member Posts: 56

That's such a rude thing to say to someone who most likely PAID to play their game

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    edited January 2021

If you're playing with bad wifi you're hurting other players experiences. I remember playing a clown who had the name 'I have bad internet' - he would score hits from 30ft away. To give perspective on the distance I had a hit scored when the killer was at cow tree while I had run over to a jungle gym on the other side of the corn field. I DC'd out of that. That's unplayable. I stay if lag is reasonable. 25% of the map away? No thanks. He DC'd after I guess realizing how terrible it was. In short, if you got terrible internet you're hurting everyone else. Either cause you get random DC'd or cause you're messing up gameplay. A more mild example of bad internet I had the other day was a Feng who was sometimes teleporting around. If the other 3 survivors were very good the few times I missed cause of the teleporting could've made me lose. I legit had to basically treat her like she had dead hard because of that.

• Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410

With the ban, the game and the devs cannot identify between lost of connection and leaving the game, because i mean, how would they lol? but also even though it isn't fair on your side it also isn't fair on your teammates side because they get the ######### end of the stick for losing a teammate. So tbh i think its fair.

• Klakky
    Klakky Member Posts: 444

There's literaly no difference between a person's internet lagging out and DC'ing them and someone just janking their internet cable out, I think you posted this on the wrong forum, you need to post this on your ISP's forum aka contact them, they will probably have wifi boosters available u know the things u plug in an outlet on other side of your house to boost the signal, or they may offer you LAN connection, unless its not your internet then why even complain? Dont look a gift horse in the mouth

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

No game can tell the difference, or if one could people would abuse it by pulling the plug on their wifi.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Use wired. If you can't lead a full cable then get a wall outlet connector. Its not as good as wired but significantly more stable. You just need a plug near your router and console/pc.

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

Or they could take out dc penalties and problem solved

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

You are responsible for your internet connection.

What is unfair is you costing three other people a full team cause you can't get your signal together.

• Klakky
    Klakky Member Posts: 444

that's all folks

• AnnoyedAtTheGame

I love when mods come on and say its your net that sucks. They never say sorry about that. I know it's unfair you got a ban because you implemented bans in for people who DC.

If the game was balanced then people wouldn't DC and their would be no bans. These unfair bans boils right down to balance the game out and then no one would DC and receive bans.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

In which universe are bans for your connection problems ruinning experience of 4 other players in each trial you abandon "unfair"?

"If the game was balanced then people wouldn't DC and their would be no bans"

lol

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

No, there still would be bans for DCing and SHOULD be bans for DCing.

• wojtech
    wojtech Member Posts: 192
    edited January 2021

I'm wondering how much lag do you need to get a DC. I was playing with players whose ping jumped from 200 to over 1000 and there was no DC at all.

Anyway try assigning yourself an IP on the router so you have the same IP all the time, enable uPnP

Post edited by wojtech on
  • AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Its harder than it seems. Theres so many different ways to DC that, to them, it looks like the connection just dropped. It could be legit like internet dropped out or game hard-crashed, or it could be someone pulling their ethernet/power cord or held the power button down

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Because if they did only banned people for pressing leave match then there are people out there that would simply switch their WiFi router off and on to leave the match instead and not get a dc penalty.

• AnnoyedAtTheGame

Some of your on here are complaining at me saying fair match making would create less DC's. Yes it would. If the game was balanced less players would DC.

Example: rank 18 killer, new to the game 1 perk if lucky. Math they get is a survivor 2, 5, 7, 17. This is an unbalanced match. His going to lose and he's not going to have fun. He carries on playing and all he gets is these matches. He's done and DC's in some and receives a ban for it.

Fair matchmaking where he would have been put against players on his skill level would have not caused him to DC. He might still still DC but the % that he will DC decreases because he isn't in red rank lobbies.

Now here comes Joe Blogg who has bad net and receives a ban because he has bad net. Unfair? Yes. Would this have happened if there was better games in this game? No. Because there would be no DC penalties if the game was balanced in matches.

There is suppose to be an update which brings out better matchmaking. I for one hope it works.

Don't get me wrong. I lost out on an Halloween flashlight with 2 good add ons and a protection offering. My net crashed and I lost it all. Unfair, yes it was. My net might crash once every 3 months plus. I'd still get the same excuse from devs. Get better net. What's better than net crashing once every 3 months +.

I don't think I want to reply to this post anymore. The survivor mains are angry.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited January 2021

You do realize lagging out ruins the game for 4 other people, no matter what your role is?

And you're whining about the "injustice" a 12 minute ban.

Stop playing online games until you fix your stupid crap.