Bhvr, let us get our struggle points.

JordanMalicious
JordanMalicious Member Posts: 383
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I know some people don't care about struggle points, probably a lot of killers, probably even some survivors, but it's still points we can't get because the second you are unable to be rescued, you get killed on hook.

May not seem like much, but it's still BP. Would be nice to get them, or an amount equal to what would've been earned by struggling on hook.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• jrinkwater
    jrinkwater Member Posts: 314

This is where I hard disagree. Game needs to be OVER if no one can save you. What they need to do is get rid of the stupid Struggle mechanic in place of a system that doesn't groom players to be toxic by throwing the game or giving up... or losing to a bug/connection error where it doesn't register. Forget the pathetic 900 bloodpoints that can't even get you a brown item.

Rework struggling to not require constant button tapping because it's more annoying than engaging.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

so if someone is struggling or enters into phase two causing the end of the game, it's just as easy to award full struggle points to them and still end the game right there.. there is a maximum amount of struggle points why not grant it because the game requires the end early.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

They could make a score point that equals struggle as a reward for making it to the end of the trial.

Like...Finale. +1000 points in survival.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

No thanks, I don’t want to sit around for 2 minutes waiting for some survivor to die so they can get 500 points.

The change to instantly kill everyone when the game was over was one of the best ones in a while.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,144

He's not saying the survivor should get to play out struggle state. He's just saying that when the survivor dies, the struggle points he would've gotten if the game hadn't forced his death should be rewarded to the survivor. Which would be nice, since that's out of survivors' hands.

• jrinkwater
    jrinkwater Member Posts: 314

Because I don't want to bandaid a system that needs to be reworked. Forget those 900 points. There is more issues with hook states and the mechanics that should be addressed. It's a stupid reward, as well as unsafe unhooks.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

They could at least let me try to kobe if everyone else dies and I'm on my first hook. Specially if I have deliverance active.

• Monarch
    Monarch Member Posts: 148

No no no. Do you insist on wasting your and killers time just bc of what like less than a 1000 BP you get 900 15BP/s of struggle.

Also just on a note this low key is a reward for getting 4k'd don't give BP cuz they didn't survive, it's called survival points not participation points.

• Freki

no this has been complained about since before deliverance. they did not want the killer just having to stand there for the time it takes you to attempt to get off the hook or just sit there. I agree with this. becuase it could be used by the survivor to grief the killer and if the killer leave and they have deliverance then the survivor is off and running and the killer looses that kill. no i agree with them on the fact that the very last survivor is automatically sac'd.

This is the game removing multiple people from the game at one time, forcing them to loose points, up to 800+ points if it were as it were before, they 'd all get the full struggle if they wanted then the devs just said nope.... and it's a good change, all people have been asking for is the remainder of struggle points (863 (or so) - what ever they already got) be granted because the game is ending before the end of the struggle phase is over. this is nothing about staying on hook it's just hey you stopped us getting the points we would have gotten lets just balance the scales.

it's not a band-aid what so ever, you can say forget those 900 points but that's a substantial amount of points in the long run of things. it's just an easy addition to the code. to the function they added in that says "IF all survivors on hook are now in the struggle phase start sacrifice stage (add this in) and add any remaining struggle points to their blood point pool." nothing of a band-aid and still keeps the game ending as they have deemed it. this will have no issue with the last survivor remaining alive gets sacrificed no matter what hook state they would be in coding what so ever. simple change, and people get that, sometimes this change they did takes off 600-700 or even 800 blood points. how about this lets change it and say the killer does not gain hook points when they hook the last survivor who is in struggle phase and does not get the sacrifice points? in this case the devs are being killer sided because they get all the points, including any staging points and the final sacrifice points which could easily add up to 1000 points or more. would you be willing to forgoe these points because the game automatically ends when you hook that final survivor ? I bet not!

• Marigoria

No. If I did what was necessary to activate a perk, i have all the right to be able to use it, it's not my fault that my team mates died before me

• wojtech
    wojtech Member Posts: 192

Yeah, especially when you have deliverance and MoM activated

• Freki

not if the game rules say you do not. this isn't the constitution here... the rules have said long before deliverance was EVEN out there said the final survivor is immediately sacrificed. the rules contradict your view.

read the above... the rules trump things that you can get in game.

• Marigoria

Actually, that's a quite recent change. Before if you were hooked and everyone else was dead, you could still try to kobe.

• Freki

you are confusing the fact that when all are unable to free themselves from the hook, the game calls the sacrifice immediately with the fact that the last remaining survivor is sacrificed immediately instead of letting them sit on the hook (unless they were on the hook when the other survivor left the match then they could stay till the next hook phase.

The post is about the former where I was talking about the latter because people are saying they should have the chance to use perks like deliverance etc. I just say give the survivors the remaining struggle points when this new system kicks in instead of cutting them short. the last survivor being immediately sacrificed (even if on first hook) has been in the game since before I started, in oct 2018.

• JordanMalicious

I might survive if my teammates don't leave me, yet sometimes they do and I immediately die on hook. Idgaf about wasting time, I play the game to earn bloodpoints, as many as I can. 900 BP is 900 BP and adds to the total. Participation points are more in line for those immerse claduettes that hug the map borders and do nothing for the entire match.

• JordanMalicious

Cool, I want those points though. I'd settle for them giving us the equivalent struggle points upon immediate hook death. Everybody wins.