batmobile89
batmobile89 Member Posts: 34
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Please devs?

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

I really, really have no idea how they would even do this. Our Ghostface isn't from Scream, he's an original character.

They'd either have to make ANOTHER Killer (that couldn't be Ghostface, because we already have him) or she'd be a solo character.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

They could potentially expand on the lore for their original Ghostface and include someone similar to Sidney.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

the devs are already aware that this is a highly requested character.

they probably at least attempted to get in touch with the license holder and maybe even the actress. And it’s up to their willingness, and as was said before this would probably lead to a paragraph instead of a full chapter. Which may not be as interesting for the license holder...

or they already denied the usage of their license and that’s why we got GhostFace the way we got him.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

I would think that if we were gonna get Sidney, we would have gotten her with a properly Scream-licensed DLC pack. The Ghostface that we got was probably the deal that they were able to reach.

For what it's worth, it may have been financially unreasonable for Behaviour to license both Scream and the Ghostface mask, since these are owned by two separate licensors -- and the company that owns the Ghostface mask notably does not let people use it for cheap. At the end of the day, getting a killer with that iconic costume in the game was probably the far bigger priority for them.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

Due to likeness laws I deeply doubt it would look anything like Neve Campbell. We already got facially butchered versions of Quentin, Cheryl, et al.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

I don't think, they couldn't get the Scream license, at least I doubt they'll include it either as a legendary character skin.

• batmobile89
    batmobile89 Member Posts: 34

Yeah, it might not happen, but one can dream lol