Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I believe this game has caused me to develop Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or something similar.

Blazelski
Blazelski Member Posts: 351
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

This is partially or even mostly my fault for rebinding it to middle mouse scrolling (like many people suggested) and not realizing the damage it was doing until it was too late, but I believe the second-hook struggle mechanic caused or severely sped up me developing problems in my hands. It may be too late for me, but I'm urgently requesting that the hook-struggle mechanic be removed from the game. I don't wish this problem or the attempted recovery process on anyone. Additionally, no matter what it's bound to, this mechanic is even worse for people already suffering from typing and mouse-related issues.

I'm glad to see colorblind people like myself are now getting some help, but people with other, more severe problems need that help even more, and it should be a much simpler change.

Comments

• Rootzigz
    Rootzigz Member Posts: 2

My parents who are in their 50's enjoy this game, but this "mechanic" is frustrating for them as well. Whoever thought adding 30 seconds of mandatory button mashing or else you die needs to go back to game design school! It is baffling to me that there is no option to put this on auto or at least reduce the number of inputs needed per second to stay alive.

• Tysere
    Tysere Member Posts: 36

I die on hook every time and don't even bother with the struggle mechanic, it isn't worth needing hand surgery over. It's far past time they added some sort of handicap/button hold system or something to this, or just have it be automatic. It serves no purpose other than to get your teammates some BP farm on you, and cause all manner of stress syndromes for your hand tendons.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553
    edited January 2021

Remember that this is the same game made by people who took 4 years and a stern scolding from a prominent figure to release a colorblind mode.

Accessibility is certainly not their strong suit.

I may not have anything hindering my wrists or fingers, but nonetheless I believe the mechanic is pointless and adds no suspense to the game whatsoever. It actually detracts and makes me think of nothing but the weariness of my fingers after a long DBD session.

• ricenorim
    ricenorim Member Posts: 31

I am 25 years old and some days I can’t do the button mashing for more than a couple seconds. Not sure who the ######### in the developer team thought it be a good idea to put button mashing in this game. It should just be skill checks or hold on everything. Like. My wrists hurt cuz of this game !! Take it out!!! Button mashing needs to go!! It’s terrible for controllers and for ur health and the devs need to smarten up! Again, I am 25 years old and this game hurts me!

• jacindazs
    jacindazs Member Posts: 139

I agree. Also I was the one, who create same topic 1,5 years ago...

This crazy hitting spacebar is madness. There is SIMPLE SOLUTION. Just press space and thats all. Press and hold. NIce and eazy.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I am really sorry for you guys. They should change it. No one would complain.

I hope devs see this and respond.

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378

I would settle for skillchecks on hook instead of BUTTON MASH CITY.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

I agree completely. This mechanic does nothing but damage my Spacebar.

Just give it the Cage of Atonement mechanic, but much faster. Failure to hit checks causes the bar to go down faster. Skill still requires, attention still requires, no wrist damage.

• CajunStirfry
    CajunStirfry Member Posts: 55

One of my friends has had the same issue and we are in our mid twenties. I also have a neurological condition that make doing that quick, repetitive action very hard. I die most of the time on second hook.

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

I couldn't agree with this more. I have a slight weakness in my hand so the continuous and repetitive pressing of the 'A' button on my Switch is so tiring and often I just let myself go on the second hook because I can't be bothered fighting with it.

The devs really, really need to change this. I don't see why it can't be changed to just simply holding down the button? Or even just having skill checks or something? Please look at changing this in the near future as it's a really poor design.