Once undying is nerfed im out

I get that at low ranks its strong, but ranks 1-3 its simply a way to help you get some trackion.

I as a killer do not wanna sweat 2/3 matches against good swf with all their op perks completely untouched for years when the killer finally gets something to help early game at red ranks and its nerfed within 3 months.

The devs say they want something to help with early game... well you had it but all the bad survivors complained so you nerfed it into the ground immediately.

If they complain about something as simple as doing totems what the hekk are you ever gonna be able to do to help early game lol

Devs need to get a back bone, stop babying bad survivors and force them to learn how to loop in a chase.

Comments

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Same,waiting for that 2 second shorter reload and those sweet sonic tonics👌

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,140

I don't run that combo cause it rng. Ain't tryna to gamble with my perks.

• sojalol
    sojalol Member Posts: 35

Still usable. Now it won't last legitimately the whole game some matches which is very absurd considering how much value you get from hex ruin. Much needed change, but maybe a max of 3 totems (if your lucky with rng) instead of 2 would have been acceptable.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I understand your angst, and I think they were a bit overkill in that tweak too. I think it could have been changed to be less drastic. But it is what it is, and it isn't the end of the world. I stopped using the combination the second they announced it was going away. Why? Got to get back into the saddle for other combinations. Besides, there are great combinations that are even more effective. Oppression+Pop is very good, for example.

• bluedusef
    bluedusef Member Posts: 288

Another dooms day post...... you will win most games as killer without ruin/undying once you play enough. stop making excuses and just learn to enjoy the game again.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

Bye Mr. Ruin/Undying/Pop gamer.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

yeah undying and devour is now a viable option. I'm looking forward to no having to baby sit my totem as much.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Use Blood warden & Noed

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Uh? These three don't work together you know? Ruin doesn't allow you to kick Generators, and thus Pop would be useless until Ruin and Undying went away. Nobody every did this combination for that reason.

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499

So you think they will not see ruin and just ignore your flaming totem? Good luck with that.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

I feel like running ruin undying is completely unnecessary because you are just propelling yourself into a rank (MMR soon) where survivors are strong enough to deal with these perks and still escape and it becomes a sweat-fest for the killer.

But then who am I to judge how you wanna play a game you bought with your own money.

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383

one killer less, developers are doing well. I recommend you play ori is a good game to take some time and come back

• crixus006

The clown is weaker than he is now. I'm very good at using the clown and having the add-ons of exhaustion and hinder removed ...I don't know on which planet this was a buffffff

• crixus006

What do you think will be the next nerf the surviving babies will ask for?

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    edited January 2021

You should have seen how DS used to operate. Be grateful for the balance as it is.

Survivor perks aren't "OP," just as ruin/tinkerer isn't OP. Your attribution is more likely due to your own inability to adapt; the same applies for me. It's incumbent on us to learn how to get around the meta. Besides, if you're leaving over a ridiculously RNG-based perk being reworked to be somewhat more versatile, I don't think the community will have any tears at your departure.

People blaming the devs for their own shortcomings is not new. When you're done with the histrionics, you can take it as a learning experience instead of complaining about the state of things. 

Ruin/undying wasn't even that good; it only works on certain high-mobility killers, who devote their entire playstyle to gen pressure instead of chase. That's exactly why people hated it; it was boring as hell. What people need to realize is that DBD is just a game. The purpose is to have fun. Ruin/undying is a pointedly unfun perk, for both sides. There are plenty of other fun killers to play with unique perk builds. Try Make your choice/Furtive chase/Dead man's switch/Dark devotion with any decent chasing M1 killer (Spirit, ghostface, clown); it's incredibly satisfying, and doesn't make you look like an ocean of sweat and salt.

• GraveHunter
    GraveHunter Member Posts: 328

You should just play for points at this point. It reliefs a lot of stress when you just want to get points and not go necessarily for kills.

• SilentHillOnDvD
    SilentHillOnDvD Member Posts: 487

survivors who suck at doing gens want it nerfed. It is what it is

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Because "applying pressure" actually has an impact with ruin up.

Without ruin that gen sits at 90% while you chase them allowing them to just finish it after being saved. With ruin that gen potentially degrades to 60% forcing a swf buddy off their own gen to stop regression or lose time.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,725

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not but on the off chance you're being serious I wish to kindly inform you that you are rather wrong

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

And survivors find this worse than being camped and tunneled because...

• Jackpot
    Jackpot Member Posts: 10

Only thing annoyed me about the undying combo is when they use it on a killer who doesn't exactly need undying to carry them like a crutch.

If it was a clown or something then sure, it'd help a lot more. But it's annoying and with it's (soon to be old) aura reading ability, just trying to cleanse can be hell against those killers who don't actually need undying.

Although will admit some totem locations are trash.

Do I hate Undying? Not really, but like with those who use DS and UB, it's just annoying to see regardless of the side I am.

Or at least annoying to see undying on a good map pressure killer as previously mentioned.

Obviously because if they get camped and tunneled they can use their DS and UB! Gotta get that value!

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

It prevents them from doing 4.9 gens and farming the killer for points with minimal threat.

It brings the completion time of the killer and survivors objective marginally closer where the killers is still way slower in comparison.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

But thats not bad. I really don´t get all the hate for Undying.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

If you need undying to do well you did a little thing called handicap yourself. The cure is STOP RELYING ON A PERK TO WIN. Thank you. We all have builds we love, but if you're seriously going to run a perk to the bitter end then leave then it shows you really only liked the perk never the role. Before someone bites my head off for this, it's just an opinion.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Change build or playstyle (tunneling) and see what happens.

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327

Against good and organised survivors, undying and ruin does nothing, really it does nothing! It might work if you pressure gens, which only a handfull of killers can do anyway.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

Imagine the trolling survivor's would get for quitting after ds nerf.

If you wanna quit because they nerf a broken perk farewell

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,705

Undying doesn’t even get nerfed but rather get reworked to get better synergy with all Hex perks.

the only thing getting deservedly nerfed is the Ruin+Undying combo.

mane ‚survivor babies‘ didn’t even cry THAT much about it, there were always more complaints about Noed for example. Which doesn’t get nerfed now, does it? Seems like the devs had more reason for this change.

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589

Why do all those "i quit if X will be Y" think we care that much?

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

Obviously you don't have to tell that with ruin active pop doesn't work. I play this game long enough.

I see that pretty often. "As a backup plan".

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

I'll never understand being this attached to a perk.

• NotACompPlayer
    NotACompPlayer Member Posts: 193

bro if you think you need ultimate meta at "high ranks" then youre straight up new or bad

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

To be fair,they also nerfed Gearhead and Coupe de grace.

Their balance decisions always seem to be a hit and miss thing

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

When I see posts like this I honestly can't help but laugh now.

OP: Killers are spoonfed 4ks nowadays by the devs. Unless the killer is hysterically bad, there's no looping for 5 gens and into the exit gate. Pallets are basically non-existent on certain maps now and if they are they're stupidly unsafe. If you cannot function as a killer without ruin/undying when there's plenty of people that do just fine without it, then the problem is on you mate. :) Survivors have learned to get better, why do you refuse to do the same?