Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

DBD should have an Indian Character! What do y’all think?

trokx
trokx Member Posts: 16
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

india is the second most populous country in the world! Accounting for 17% of the WORLD population, I think it’s only fair to ask for an Indian character next season.....hope dbd developers read this!

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Mysterynovus
    Mysterynovus Member Posts: 318

Sure!

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    edited January 2021

I see no reason not to and if not a killer than a survivor

Edit it will take a while because they are probably allready working on another chapter

• vanhoya
    vanhoya Member Posts: 57

Absolutely, behavior should make that happen!

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

I’m still surprised a make character hasn’t been introduced that is around Kates size to be honest. Anyway I’m all for it. Big, small, transgender.. literally cool with whatever. As long as the voice actor is talented I’m happy to be completely honestly. Elodie/Cheryl for example.. voice actresses is amazing.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

What would the killer from the chapter be? Maybe sonething from a prominent Bollywood horror film?

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Yeah sure! Let's go for it

• Sure

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

All in favor say "aye"

"AYE!"

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Who knows maybe the next Survivor from Felix and Elodie's detective group could be of Indian descent. It seems like it's a pretty global secret society

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Bollywood actor please!

I'm sure India has some amazing folklore creatures as well!

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563

They would have a lot of inspiration from hindu gods I'm not sure how that all will intertwine but I thought hindu was a prominent religion in India it's late and my brain doesn't work.

• Dpooly
    Dpooly Member Posts: 474

Now I want Dhalsim from Street Fighter as a Killer lol YOGA FLAME!!

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Sure. The more diversity, the better.

• HungTop
    HungTop Member Posts: 46

Good thing video games aren’t just made for you! If you dont want diversity and representation in “your” videogames then go make your own! :)

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709
    edited January 2021

They have already done a really good job on making a diverse character cast.

but the next 3-4 chapters are already worked on and the characters are probably set as of now. And some of those are probably licensed.. Indian is also not the only ethnicity that is not present currently in the Entitys realm

• Jamlpr
    Jamlpr Member Posts: 107

Who cares. Just give me more

• kylerabdcgamer10
    kylerabdcgamer10 Member Posts: 279

Elodie is cool and all but her voice acting is absolutely horrendous, none of her screams or "moans" sound right, its kinda like a female Steve, over and under performed. Though Heather/ Cheryl's voice acting is probably the best in the entire game right now other than Ash " Bruce Campbell" both sold the screams and all other "sounds" perfectly.

• Trashmaster
    Trashmaster Member Posts: 357

Probably we'll have a chinese character first, but yea sure and Indian lad would be pretty nice

• rats00
    rats00 Member Posts: 194

So hey, gonna throw this out here considering the fight happening.

The issue here isn't that people are opposed to having a wide range of characters.

The issue is threads like these are at best egotistical and at worst condescending/insulting. Does anyone here actually think someone is going to come in here argue the merits of racism and racial exclusions. Like... like really? Is that a thing y'all expecting on the dbd forum?

So realistically it looks like an attempt for people to remind each other how progressive and diverse they think they are. The devs aren't living in some sterile bubble. They understand diversity exists. They understand there is a wide range of characters you can make.

What IS a healthy way to discuss this? Bringing it up in appropriate ways such as surveys or open questions from behaviour. Here's a tip, mention it as a reminder like, "Hey, An Indian character would be cool!" As a response to an open tweet.

For posts, rather than phrase it like the sterile witch hunt this thread comes off as why not talk and share ideas for characters and backgrounds. Positive conversation from a basis of understanding that the majority are at worst indiffierent and at best happily accepting to a more diverse roster makes for a better environment that fosters positivity.

As a contrast to this threads title, consider how, "I've got some ideas for an Indian character in dbd, what do yall think, any suggestions/ideas?" Would come off.

By stepping forward in a positive, inclusive title with a root in creativity it makes the post earnest. Conversely this thread comes off as sterile, unimaginative, and like your uncle is trying to figure out if you're secretly racist the same way he'd try and figure out if you smoke pot underage.

Positivity, creativity, and open mindedness are the greatest tools for equality.

Not benign gesturing to statistics and social guilt.

• Dpooly
    Dpooly Member Posts: 474

@Trashmaster Feng Min is Chinese...

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990
    edited January 2021

The clue in the name "forced diversity" its forced onto people for no other reason than "because they indian" i want my character's to have depth not just to be cookie cutter like other games character's.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on
  • Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410

I mean sure, why not?

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

It's not about population of countries, but who plays the game. How many % of the DBD players are from India? Do we have a Russian character? Because there seems to be a lot of russian players.

I'm from Sweden and Nea Karlsson, that surname is very swedish so I'm happy with that lol.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Indias a big place. Makes sense.

"Forced diversity" is a false arguament. It always has been. If the designers want to make an indian charcater down the line to diversify the roster. That isn't forced. If we had an all black cast and suddenly a white character was added, would that be "forced diversity" in your opinion?

• DontNerf

Its Forced when the only reason for then being in the game is because of their race. I have no problem with adding them I just want characters that arent defined by they appearance/sex.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

It’s not only the surname, you can read the lore of Nea: She is from Sweden but her parents moved with her to the USA.

good thing BHVR never made a character with only one single trait as their definition. There is no reason to assume they are going to start now.

• gibblywibblywoo

Yes but how do you determine that? You aren't on the design team, by your logic every non-white character in the game at this point could potentially be "forced". There's significantly more non-white people in this world than white. Is it forced that over half our roster is white people?

The only place outside of your post I've ever seen someone complain about "forced diversity" is when I used to browse /v/ on 4chan when I was a teenager.

• DontNerf

Its forced when thats their only defining trait, if any of the white characters where defined by their race then id argue that they are forced as well, luckily every character in the feeld they are unique and not just cookie cutter politcal statements. Which is sadly what some people want.

• gibblywibblywoo
    edited January 2021

Yes but why are you making this claim that they would be? There isn't a single character "defined by their race" in DBD currently, and I don't think I've ever played a game where thats the case outside of aliens in Mass Effect. It's complaining for the sake of complaining.

Is one of the designers saying "hey, why don't we make the next guy/gal come from India" forced in your opinion? Even if it doesn't define their story or character? It's the same excuse people use when a gay character is added to a game they like.

Remember how upset people got about Hammerlock being confirmed gay in Borderlands 2 DLC? He was already an existing, defined character so it didn't take anything away from him or change his existing personality. And his sexuality was never hinted at before, straight or otherwise. Yet people threw a FIT and called it "forced diversity".

It's on the same level as "we can't let trans people in bathrooms, they're pervs" even though there are no recorded cases of actual trans people doing this. It's a tactic used to rile up idiots and get angry over nothing.

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589
    edited January 2021

Who cares about the race anyway?

• rats00

Hey there! You seem to want to make a comment but from your first paragraph I don't think you actually read my post. Please do read it if you'd like to comment! Have a great day! No skimming kay.

• matthewg64
    matthewg64 Member Posts: 79

And if they do I’m not tryna be racist it just fits. An arab survivor and a mummy killer lol. His tunics would be some dope cosmetics

• rats00

I'm sorry but you didn't read my post multiple times, which is why I said what I said.

This is an important topic. I've long learned not to talk to people on these issues with someone who merely wants to lash out and be right. I'm not going to respond to you past this point as you have really just shown you want me to be a surrogate.

I honestly do hope you have a good day. As much as you think I am this person you think I am, I'm not.

Stay safe, stay healthy. Please have a good day.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

personally i don't care much for race of survivors but race of killers usually will affect what they are based on.

• trokx
    trokx Member Posts: 16

Lol no one is complaining, no ones a SJW, simply would like to see an Indian character bc it would be interesting dude. How to incorporate one, what perks, not about forcing diversity, simply saying an Indian character would be cool. I’m Indian so I’d like to see what behavior would do with that

• hagling
    hagling Member Posts: 279

idk why diversity's such a cursed topic on the forums, whenever BHVR drops a new poc survivor it's not like a billion threads pop up demanding their deletion. starting to think people here hate the IDEA more than the actual implementation cuz it's the exact same reaction whenever LGBTQ+ rep is mentioned. an indian character would be a lovely addition, i hope the devs take notice. ✌

• PriestessPoppy
    PriestessPoppy Member Posts: 30

Both Felix and Blight were taken by the entity in India