Monetization

Caleegi
Caleegi Member Posts: 410
edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

This game has so many monetization options; you have the game itself, dlcs, the rift premium section (essentially a battle pass) and for the nice skins you have to pay real money. I find it insane how there is this much monetization for a game bug filled, and where there is only one gamemode with so many bugs in it. I would not mind if there were a few monetization options but when you have the premium section of rift which is incredibly boring and grindy with not very good rewards, to dlcs which is basically every recent killer and survivor which makes the game boring for people who cannot afford that or are too young to have a job and their parents don't want to and then in the store to get the nicer skins the only option are auric cells which cost real money. I am fine with the shards system for skins, i think thats cool and all but to have so many monteization options for a game with one gamemode and bug filled its a bit ridiculous, don't you think?

All i am asking is, can we maybe get rid of these monetization options? its a bit much. And its so greedy.

Comments

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589

What bug was bothering you recently? Exept canceled grabs.

• Caleegi

There are a lot of bugs in this game, i am not gonna name every single one cause i'd be here all day. However, there are bugs with every chapter, especially twins, and hitboxes are #########. Bugs aren't the only point of my post tho, its also about how many monetization options there are.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,938

Yet, all you need to pay for is the base game. The additional content is purely optional purchases - you don't need to buy skins, you don't need to pay for the rift pass (which you get your Auric Cells back for anyway), each DLC gives you a free map which you can play and the base killers. You can buy characters for shards as well as some cosmetics, which are an ingame currency and hence cos you no money at all. You can also buy DLC perks for shards from the Shrine of Secrets - again, no real money spent.

The options are there for people who wish to support the game and the developers and make purchases, and for those that can't/don't wish to.

Games have to make money to survive (especially live games), without monitorisations there'd be no extra content added etc as there'd be no way to make money to support the game. Without skins purchasable for Auric Cells, there'd probably be no skins because how would you pay the people that work on these things?

• Caleegi

Thx for the response!

Every game needs monetization options to support it and what not, but i find DBD has too many for what is given back, if ya get me. I would be perfectly fine if some dlcs (not often, but like occasionally maybe) were free and licensed ones or more popular ones cost money. Therefore, people who cannot pay for things because they don't have enough money or something but want to play as a new killer or survivor can and people can choose if they want the free ones or the ones that cost money, but it'd make everyone happy sorta thing. With the rift i find people who get the premium pass (forgotten what its called now) don't get a lot back, and its very grindy and boring, maybe add more special things into that.

Those are just my thoughts anyways.

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649
    edited February 2021

I agree with OP. People who spend money and support the game barely see anything in return. Most DLCs are either not worth it or a buggy mess. There are bugs that have been in the game for a long time. 5 years and still only one game mode. We don’t get any exciting events like other online games. The rift pass is one of the worst battle passes I’ve ever seen. Matchmaking is broken. I used to support the game but I stopped spending money a few months back because I feel it all goes to waste.

• Meg_Main
    Meg_Main Member Posts: 28

tfw when i pay 15 dollars for cybil bennett skin but can't even change the head.