So. Many. Tryhard. Killers. In. This. Event.

^ Title pretty much says it all. All I'm seeing is Noed, noed, noed, Eboni Mori, mori, mori, insta hatchets, 3 or 4 blink nurses, Haunted grounds, Bloodwarden, Silentbells & so on & so on. So boring.

Comments

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@Nos37 said:
    Flashlights, Boil Over, Decisive Strikes, body-blocking, Deliverance.

Survivors are just as bad.

Deliverance really isn't all that great. Sure you can save yourself in certain times but most of the time I see people just do it without thinking then die 20 seconds later.

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

lol

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    ^ Title pretty much says it all. All I'm seeing is Noed, noed, noed, Eboni Mori, mori, mori, insta hatchets, 3 or 4 blink nurses, Haunted grounds, Bloodwarden, Silentbells & so on & so on. So boring.

So you want killers to just not use some of their most competitive perks or addons?

That's understandable. Could we get you something to eat or drink or wipe your bum for you too?

• Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677

It's not just a matter of what perks or offerings being used in the event, but also what style of play that is being used on either side, I've seen both sides employ abusive, toxic and hardcore strategies to win, some even to try and deny event points.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

On the other hand,
    I had a game against most likely swf team.
    They had 3 DS's, 2 insta heals and they rushed gens from the start and then complained about why did I played like that when they made it so easy for me...
    I didn't tunnel nor camp unless they showed themselves to me.

One can't understand people.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

I have noticed an increase in Mori usage, and a lot of killers (especially 9 out of 10 doctors) have no chill. They'll gleefully yoink people off flowers, or club them down. Hell, most aren't even doing the event.

Survivors aren't much better. It's like the event is over for most of them. Running into some absurd tactics, a and SWFs wanting "normal" games.

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@Rebel_Raven said:
    I have noticed an increase in Mori usage, and a lot of killers (especially 9 out of 10 doctors) have no chill. They'll gleefully yoink people off flowers, or club them down. Hell, most aren't even doing the event.

Survivors aren't much better. It's like the event is over for most of them. Running into some absurd tactics, a and SWFs wanting "normal" games.

It would be nice if people could opt in or opt out of the event. I've been waiting to play, but don't want to do the event. Less than a week left...

• Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

That's your experience. And it's usually like that towards the end of the event: people have completed what they wanted in the event, and it's back to business as usual.

I honestly haven't seen a single mori the entire event. Usually no offering, or pustula petals from the killer. And honestly, with me and my friends focusing on the plants rather than gens, we usually don't get to the endgame. And noed is no surprise, period.

And survivors are going just as hard, especially the ones that are finished with the event.

(though I did have a match just now, playing as myers, where they were trying to harvest and genrush at the same time, and I was softballing since I didn't have an offering. Ended up slugging the last 3 and decided just to kill them. Was fun, iridescents across the board)

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

I have up to 3 instaheals in each game at rank 8 already AND a ton of DS users, feels like there's even more ppl running DS than usual and that's with depipping on purpose like crazy. Each side has tryhards.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237
    edited October 2018

Silent bell, haunted and BLOODWARDEN (omegalul?) = tryhard OMEGALLLLLLLLLLLLL
    Mkay dude

• MhhBurgers

Wraith and tryhard don't mix in a sentence, i agree lol

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Nos37 said:

I'm cringing that you put "Boil Over" in that list....I don't think that perk has ever worked against me and I'm playing console.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

If it's boring why are you still playing this game?

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    As if events make survivors not run
    SC
    DS
    DH
    Adrenaline
    BT
    BL
    Insta medkit
    Purple flashlight
    Pallet loop
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Malakir said:
    Tsulan said:
    I'll never understand why people complain about NOED. You made it to the endgame, you made your points, you piped, you didn't take your time to cleanse all totems. Yet it's unfair, that the killer can one hit you. 
    When they finish the gens most of them thinks they deserved the free escape. You know, its a babysitter vs survivors, not killers

I don't get that either tbh, I cleanse all totems I see for a reason but its too "boring" and "tedious" as they say
    The game isn't over until you see the status screen. 
    Also, I prefer to die at the end of the match instead of dying at the beginning. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

If you dont like killers trying hard to kill you, you probably are playing the wrong game.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Sinner said:
    Noed is balanced? it rewards the killer for playing bad

So is DS

• Mesme
    Mesme Member Posts: 177

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

Not trying to be "that" guy here but when I get on to Dead By Daylight as a Killer attempting to get the event done all I see are toxic survivors. SWF P3 Claudette's running Flashlights, Toolboxes and they all have DS and adrenaline. Also to add insult to injury when I do get one and I'm trying to get them to the event hook either someone sabotaged it and broke it in front of my face or someone comes to flashlight save.

Remember we want vials too man and if you wonder why some guys runs a mori it's because of this I have over 50 mori's stacked on my Nurse and Pig and I only get it out when I see that SWF Claudette team because I hate it when they come to give me a hard time and just t-bag me either at the exit gate or just threw out the match. Now all we can do is put up with it and git gud.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited October 2018
    Mesme said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

Not trying to be "that" guy here but when I get on to Dead By Daylight as a Killer attempting to get the event done all I see are toxic survivors. SWF P3 Claudette's running Flashlights, Toolboxes and they all have DS and adrenaline. Also to add insult to injury when I do get one and I'm trying to get them to the event hook either someone sabotaged it and broke it in front of my face or someone comes to flashlight save.

Remember we want vials too man and if you wonder why some guys runs a mori it's because of this I have over 50 mori's stacked on my Nurse and Pig and I only get it out when I see that SWF Claudette team because I hate it when they come to give me a hard time and just t-bag me either at the exit gate or just threw out the match. Now all we can do is put up with it and git gud.

Current event hooks cannot be sabotaged.

But yeah, other than that, pretty dead on.

Just curious, though, do you become more forgiving if it's not a toxic looking group?
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited October 2018
    Sinner said:

If thats a reply to my post you could quote or @ me next time.

To topic:
    Yes it kinda does, doesn't mean its unbalanced. Consider the fact that its the only crutch in the game that can be deactivated before it has any chance to take effect, especially against a competent team where you need a 4th functional perk more than ever.

If DS was a token system that required multiple successful escapes or unhooks then it'd be balanced too, however that wouldn't change the fact that this still is bad game design and ultimately unhealthy for the game.
  • Radiant
    Radiant Member Posts: 187
    Cmon is perfectly understandable.
    Devs made event where surv have to farm flowers so that killers cam farm survs.

Ofc babykillers r happy and r tryin to get the most out of it and can finally using all addons and offerings they where to afraid to use because it could happen that they could get no kills with a purple mori.

Let them have fun, it will be so hard for them after the event... :(
  • Luckystrike2778
    Luckystrike2778 Member Posts: 63

Camping killers on PS4 is what i have mainly had. Only one or 2 noeds all week. Seen couple moris but not been on receiving end since event started. Farmed a few games. been denied the chance to even get to a flower a few games. Camping killers been biggest prob but gives team time for gen at least

• Tsulan
    Sinner said:

NOED only punishes gen rushers.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan said:
    Malakir said:
    Tsulan said:
    I'll never understand why people complain about NOED. You made it to the endgame, you made your points, you piped, you didn't take your time to cleanse all totems. Yet it's unfair, that the killer can one hit you. 
    When they finish the gens most of them thinks they deserved the free escape. You know, its a babysitter vs survivors, not killers

I don't get that either tbh, I cleanse all totems I see for a reason but its too "boring" and "tedious" as they say
    Also, I prefer to die at the end of the match instead of dying at the beginning. 
    NOED is balanced but i still think its questionable and should probably be removed or changed (along with survivor crutches). It hurts your performance by lacking a perk till the endgame on the bet that survivors are stupid enough to leave dull totems around.

I agree that relying NOED is bad. 
    But if you die to it after having ignored totems, you are just as bad and should shut up.
    Yeah, the whole endgame perk list needs a rework: NOED, Blood Warden, Remember Me, Wake Up
    All need to be looked at.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@Mesme said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

Because God forbid a survivor try to save another. Must be a F tier killer if you still complain about FL.

• rebelhunter316
    rebelhunter316 Member Posts: 102
    Master said:

@Sinner said:

So is DS

Why not o leave that person on the ground so they can't get ds off?  Have no heartbeat and deerstalker so you can bait? Noval idea...
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793
    edited October 2018
    Mesme said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

You are blatantly lying seeing as event hooks cannot be sabotaged. You making this claim basically calls into question the rest of this toxicity you claim to be witnessing.

Also.. using toolboxes and flashlights is toxic? Using ADRENALINE is toxic? I'll ignore DS because some killer mains here legitimately do think just the act of using DS is inherently toxic. 

If using items or perks is by itself toxic then playing as Nurse is the epitome of toxicity.
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Tsulan said:
    Tsulan said:
    Malakir said:
    Tsulan said:

NOED is balanced but i still think its questionable and should probably be removed or changed (along with survivor crutches). It hurts your performance by lacking a perk till the endgame on the bet that survivors are stupid enough to leave dull totems around.

I agree that relying NOED is bad. 
    But if you die to it after having ignored totems, you are just as bad and should shut up.
    Yeah, the whole endgame perk list needs a rework: NOED, Blood Warden, Remember Me, Wake Up
    All need to be looked at.
    NOED and BW are a great combo
  • redsopine1
    Mesme said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

You are blatantly lying seeing as event hooks cannot be sabotaged. You making this claim basically calls into question the rest of this toxicity you claim to be witnessing.

Also.. using toolboxes and flashlights is toxic? Using ADRENALINE is toxic? I'll ignore DS because some killer mains here legitimately do think just the act of using DS is inherently toxic. 

If using items or perks is by itself toxic then playing as Nurse is the epitome of toxicity.
    @mandytalks can the event hooks be sabotaged or not
  • Greater_Cultist
    Greater_Cultist Member Posts: 81

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

Tryhard as well, so that they lose so that you get delicious salt.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    The event isn't the problem. Plus killers I have had they ain't try hard and survivors are just toxic like they always have been so it isn't the event that's causing it all.
  • Milordo
    Milordo Member Posts: 93

@Nos37 said:

You....No...no,no,no....You REALLY put boil over as an annoying perk or meta?
    Please no.....

• Milordo
    Milordo Member Posts: 93

@Orion said:

@Sinner said:

It rewards the Killer for Survivors not breaking totems before finishing generators.

Maybe it's a punishment for who gen rush but hey, guess what? IT'S what survivors needs to do!
    That perk is only for noob killers who can't win during the match.

• redsopine1
    Milordo said:

@Orion said:

@Sinner said:

It rewards the Killer for Survivors not breaking totems before finishing generators.

Maybe it's a punishment for who gen rush but hey, guess what? IT'S what survivors needs to do!

Or to do over over altruistic teams
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Milordo said:

@Orion said:

@Sinner said:

And if they don't want to risk NOED, they also need to break totems. If they don't break totems, they have no right to complain. The counter is right there, it's your fault you choose not to use it.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

@Raccoon said:
    If you're not having fun, you can always uninstall.

Not that I agree with OP, but these responses crack me up. One day these internet warriors, who love to tell people play another game, are going to run a business or a venture that requires participation in order to be successful. They will then realize that having idiot participants that try to run off other participants are going to kill their business/venture and are poisonous as a whole. In short, players like Racoon are poisonous to this game. It is part of why we have such a bad community here. Anyone that disagrees with you should quit playing and uninstall. If that occurred, you would not have a game to play anymore.

Can't fix stupid.

• MhhBurgers

@Milordo said:

@Orion said:

@Sinner said:

Survivors have no right to complain about killerperks as long as they still use SC which is a huge design fuckup on the dev's part.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Nos37 said:

If you are calling boil over good. Try using it an see how much good it really does.