Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Oni is too powerful. Power should reset after a down.

The Oni is way too powerful. I can't tell you how many times I have seen a powered up Oni take down an entire team after downing the first survivor. Pair this with survivor finding perks or gen pressure perks and its good luck you'll need it to have any chance of escaping the trial against that. My suggestion and feedback on this killer is that his power should reset if he downs a survivor with it activated. It is not fair to play against a killer that retains power after significantly hurting the survivor team with an instant down ability.

Comments

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

Its not even just entire teams. Its also downing another survivor within seconds of one and still having enough power to go across enough of the map to find another. This is too much. It is not fair for a killer to have this much power. Instant down abilities themselves are not fair or fun to play against. Pair that with extra speed and you're left with little hope of having a chance to escape. The Oni is too powerful. His power lasts too long and it should not persists through a down. Our items deplete fast but killers not only have a unique power but they can retain powered up versions of it long enough to destroy enough of the survivor team to not make the game worth playing.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

So if said nerf were to happen this would be your average Oni match:

step 1: hit survivor

step 2: get enough blood

step 3: get power and down survivor

step 4: hook survivor

step 5: repeat

this would make Oni insanely frustrating to play. He'd probably be a D tier killer at best. And @Crowman is correct. If Oni were to down an entire team of survivors they'd have to be way out of position.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,366

His power lasts only 45 seconds at base. He can get at most 18 more seconds with addons. (10 for purple, 8 for green)

Oni loses 7 seconds of his power duration every time he downs a survivor. Can be lowered to 1 seconds with both addons. (4 for purple, 2 for yellow).

Demon Dash takes 2 seconds to activate, 1 with his broken addon.

Oni also has limited turning in his power as well which makes certain tiles easy to avoid his dash unless he's running Topknot.

Either learn how to play tiles better or hide out his power duration, because he can't simply down a survivor on one side of the map, dash to the other side of the map, and down the rest of the team.

• KateMain86

Thats funny coming from someone with The Oni as their forum avatar. I sense a hint of bias in your reply there. Me on the other hand is speaking from a fairness point of view. You're being totally extreme to think a change like this is comparable to deleting or gutting him altogether. The Oni is too powerful. He should not retain it after downing a survivor. That is my opinion and my suggestion. If that bothers you, then you can make a counter argument but your last reply seemed more focused on mocking my suggestion rather than offering anything of substantive value. You can try again if you like but I tend to ignore people who reply like this.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

You comment on him having an Oni avatar when your name is KateMain86. How is he biased and you aren't?

• KateMain86

That would be great if I could communicate with my team in solo que but you know I can't explain a proper strategy in 60 seconds for every single killer to my team in a type box, especially if they are console. I have also seen the Oni down a survivor, traverse the map and down 2 others in a matter of seconds. Again, this is not fair and it is most certainly not fun to play against. This killer is overpowered and he needs to be toned down. it would be different if I knew what I was going up against but for survivors every match feels like a "well I wish I had this perk against this killer." Its always a gamble playing survivor because we can never pick the best perks against the build of the killer.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

That would literally kill him. Just leave Oni alone, he's fun to play as and against.

• Karao_Ke

Oni is completely fine. If your team is out of position & doesn't heal then that is not an Oni problem, that is a you problem.

This post is basically saying Billy is OP as well because he can catch you out-positioned despite him being one of the worst killers in the game right now.

Get a grip and stop trying to nerf every damn killer you see. The other day you said Bubba was OP, now Oni. Who ISN'T unfair to you?

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,366

Then those 2 survivors were heavily out of position, because Oni will have lost a lot of his power duration downing the first survivor and then dashing to the other side of the map.

• KateMain86

I refer you to their reply where they mocked me for simply suggesting a change to this killer. It was ironic that while mocking me they also have the Oni avatar. I don't think I've ever argued buffing anything pertaining to Kate though despite that I think her perks are the worst in the game. The point though since you missed it was to simply offer a substantive reply or counter suggestion to mine not to just mock me.

• Karao_Ke

I'm not specifically talking about Kate. Your name suggests you obviously play more survivor because you main Kate, therefore you have no place to call him biased especially with all of these posts you're making.

Also, he was making a joke. If you don't like that then the internet isn't for you.

• KateMain86

Its hard to heal against a powered up Oni with nurse's calling when you don't know you're going up against an Oni with nurse's calling. Same can be said for any other aura reading perk they may have which I literally will not know about until I see them use it or play in a way that suggests they're running a certain perk.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Actually, I had only recently switched my profile picture to Oni, before it was Spirit. I also felt that I did not write a biased comment, I don't think I usually do. I very much disagree with your statement that Oni should lose his power completely after downing a survivor. I was mocking you and I apologize for that since I had to assume it was a bait post with such a controversial statement. However, if I see a statement I believe is wrong I will disagree with it and explain why.

The strategy against Oni is to play it very safe. If you are at a loop where he can mind game, drop the pallet early. Doing this will make the Oni take a much longer time to get his power. If all survivors (who don't even have to be really good) do this and just play super safe, it will take ages for the Oni to get his power to finally get the snowball rolling. I am not sure if you know how this looks, but let me tell you it is not exactly the most ideal situation for the Oni. Imagine if you had to do this every time you downed one survivor with your demon strike. It just doesn't make sense to punish the Oni for doing well with his power. He would have to build up his power from scratch every single time he downed one survivor. Never give the Oni that initial hit at the start, ever. Make sure you drop that pallet only if you are unsure if you can loop him without taking a hit or he can mind game that pallet (take a pallet gym for example, the tile with only a pallet in the middle of a long and short wall). Without his power, he is an m1 killer with little element of surprise if any.

There are some things you can do if he is in demon mode. Know that when he is running straight, he can at most turn about 60 degrees for his flick. Running past an object or wall such as at a T and L tile wall will make it so that he has to stop his power. Constantly break LOS and hide behind walls that are out of his range when demon dashing. If he is chasing you normally while in his demon mode, just drop the pallet and never greed against him (and by greed, I mean faking a pallet drop or continuing to run to conserve a good pallet).

He isn't always able to get more than one survivor with his demon dash anyways even with infectious or other generator tracking perks. Even when using all meta perks and the strongest addons, he can still be dealt with and I can show you a video of me playing survivor against an Oni (assuming I am actually put against one, I never get to go against oni's which is surprising since he is a very good killer).

It will take some skill as survivor to do this all swiftly and efficiently, but of course, practice really helps. I suggest playing a KYF game with someone who is an experienced killer player and constantly learn from that person over voice chat. That would be the best thing to do so you aren't helpless.

I can even post a game I have played as Oni and while watching the game I will list the times explaining what the survivor could have done or what they did that was good against me playing as Oni if you would like.

• Karao_Ke

Not all Oni's have Nurses Calling. Not all matches are the same. I find it funny that your point is based off of something so situational that it's literally in the single digit percents.

• KateMain86

I took it as mocking my suggestion. Also I said I sense a hint of bias. To me it felt bias. I try not to be bias in my suggestions but yes I do mainly play survivor and I want that experience to be fun and fair for everyone. I believe in fairness and I personally do not believe the Oni in its current state is a fair killer to play against. I'm only suggesting a change to Oni's power that I feel would make it a more fair matchup. This is a suggestion and feedback forum is it not?

• Karao_Ke

It's definitely a suggestion and feedback forum, but my point is that I bet you never play killer, like ever. I understand you want to make the survivor experience fair & fun but all you ever post is about nerfing killers & their perks. You even said keys are fair despite being distasteful towards moris.

You have to play both sides to see how this game works, and quite frankly I don't think you do that. Even if you did, you probably aren't in the high ranks & it's easy. No wonder you think killer is an OP role.

• LazyPayday
    LazyPayday Member Posts: 420
    edited February 2021

Man you're just plain wrong with this one. Trying to use the excuse that you solo-queue is your problem, not him being overpowered. He's supposed to be a stronger billy that just can't use his power as often. If your whole team goes down, that's your teammates messing up, not him being overpowered. No one would play him with your "suggestion," that's why you were mocked. It's because of your survivor bias, you'd rather the killer get nerfed than learn some counter play.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Oni is billy but he needs to refuel his chainsaw and the entity makes him hunt for it. Dont see how hes any worse than the one killer most players see as balanced on both sides

• matthewg64
    matthewg64 Member Posts: 79

How often do you play and Do you not watch YouTube? There’s counter okay to him. It’s always easy to complain about him but start playing as oni, and see if it’s that easy to get 4ks. IF it really is op as you claim, make a video on your struggles as survivor or you totally dominating as killer and give a idea on how to change him. This complaint is weightless, its no good. I’m a survivor main it’s really just a billy that has to work for his power

• MisterTIBS
    MisterTIBS Member Posts: 75

IIRC Plague loses her power on a pallet stun, right? I think same should apply to Oni, and I'd add in Head Ons to that.

• KateMain86

I do some of the killer rituals and tome challenges but I do not focus on leveling up killer. I just really don't like playing killer. I've always loved playing survivor since I started playing. Don't get me wrong. I don't want killers to feel like they don't have a chance to win but I also don't think my suggestions would break the killer enough to make it so they can't. I have over 1000 hours played as survivor and I feel like from that experience I know the difference between a fair match and an unfair match. The problem I most often run into is I'll have some matches where it felt fair and fun to play where both sides had equal chances of winning. Even when I die or my whole team dies I still have fun in many of those matches. There are other times though where I feel like I am being completely destroyed and I didn't stand a chance. I've had some good Oni matches but most of the time this killer just completely destroys my team. When you're in a situation where 1 or 2 survivors are down and 5 gens are still up you're going to have a lot of down time on objectives and now have to focus on rescues. if the killer tunnels back to those hooks its pretty much over at that point. Generators take long enough to do as it is. Rescue missions against killers that roam hooks are risky and just produce a lot of objective down time. In the higher ranks I've noticed most of the killers I go against use gen pressure builds and hardly give the hooked survivors a chance to be rescued. I just don't know what to do in situations like that. So many matches within the first minute or 2 feel very hopeless especially against Oni.

• Karao_Ke
    edited February 2021

That's my point, you barely play killer, therefore you've never had the red rank experience against really good survivors. The game is completely miserable for killers at that rank & you wouldn't know how it feels. The queue for survivor is long for a reason. I've always kept my killer rank around purple because red just puts you in a bad mood.

4 gens are done in under 5 minutes no matter how much pressure you make around the map unless you're going against overly-altruistic sabo squads that don't do them. Even with snowballing killers like Oni, the only thing you can do as killer at that point is try & save the game with a 3-gen or be forced to watch the survivors butt-dance at the exit gates.

Not to mention, toolboxes make gen speeds even faster which is absurd considering the game practically ends before it even starts. Flashlights can rob you of your well-deserved downs, and keys can give survivors an escape they didn't deserve. There is so many things in this game that makes it unfun for killers, so before you complain about the survivor experience, how about you stop being biased and discuss that both sides are equally unfun in their own ways.

Just letting you know that this is coming from someone who plays survivor 95% of the time and also has over 1000 hours. I hate that almost EVERY game I play as survivor, the game is over within minutes. I didn't wait that long in queue for such a boring game, even if I win.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Oni is one of my fave killers to go against but if he lost his power everytime he downed someone it would make him way to weak compared to where he is at now. Oni's In a good place where he is honestly not weak but not overpowered either.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,276

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

• KateMain86

If I feel in my experience as survivor that a certain killer is too powerful that is not me being bias. It sounds bias but I am not trying to be. There should be a way to shut down the Oni's power other than hiding for the entire duration of it. That is not unreasonable in my opinion. If survivor's counter play in certain situations is just to play better then shouldn't killers have to do the same without overly relying on their power? And solo que is a huge gamble. You're literally at the mercy of your team and hoping that at least the bare minimum of participation from them happens so you can escape. If the answer is having a better team, then I need better teams. How does that happen though if I can't communicate with them or they're not really a team player?

• Meroko
    Meroko Member Posts: 107

I can't tell you how long I laughed at this post....like I am not sure if it's a troll attempt or just a newer player, but either way, it gave me genuine laughter, so thank you for that.

Oni is completely fine, if your entire team is going down in a single use of Oni's power, than the problem lies within your team, not the Oni. Stop being bad, get better at the game, or find something else to play.

• KateMain86

If you would've read through the posts and had a sense of discernment you probably would've realized it was not a troll post and it is in fact just a suggestion and feedback in the feedback and suggestions forum. You don't seem very interested in the discussion anyway since your answer to my problem is "get better at the game."

• Exar
    Exar Member Posts: 46

Oni is a balanced killer. If his power would reset after one down, it would be a HUGE nerf to Oni. This change you suggested is bullsh1t, you should stop complaining.

• KateMain86

I think Oni would be balanced if his power gave him the speed boost and was a bit easier to maneuver but without the instant down ability. Gaining the increased speed plus the ability to instant down you feels like too much in my opinion. Instant downs in this game are annoying, too much power and unfun to play against in my opinion. Again, this is my opinion and feedback I am giving in the feedback forum. If you consider that complaining then thats you but I will continue to give my feedback here when I feel like it.

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458

Thats a good point. By his reasoning, Maybe Kate should have to perform a 30 second guitar solo every time she completes a generator because its OP for her to be able to go right to another gen after just completing one 🤔

• KateMain86

Survivors don't gain a super power that allows them to run across the map in a matter of seconds and instant repair generators after they complete one.