Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

gen regression should be buffed

crispo
crispo Member Posts: 16
edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

i don't think gen speeds are the problem when it comes to gens being done quickly. i believe the main problem is the base gen regression. without perks like ruin it takes like 5 minutes for a generator to completely regress.

what do you think?

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

I would be really careful with how much the default gen regression should be tweaked. I'd rather have perks like overcharge do it instead of it being basekit

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

I sort of have to agree, especially when a Survivor hiding around the corner behind the big rock can negate the whole kick with a single gen tap.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I could see it going up to 0.3 charges, or even 0.35. Any more than that and it might end up being Ruin 3.0

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

yeah base regression is pitiful. 1/4 the speed of 1 survivor when there's 4 of them is not enough imo.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

No need to bump up the Gen regress speed. The problem lied on Survivor's touching.

Just add 2.5sec animation to stop the Gen regress, equal to kicking speed. It will be good.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited February 2021

its terrible because a survivor can tap teh gen in 0.1 seconds and it take full 2 seconds to undo by kicking that plus gen regression without perks is... is meaningless, it should be double than what it is now that would be worth.

• nickofford
    nickofford Member Posts: 105

Any changes to this will make 3 genning literally impossible to out repair , doctor and freddy can already outregress you on certian maps(azarovs resting place) with certian builds or make the game last 20 minutes in a war of attrition

The only way i would approve of this is if gens each had a max regression value to stop regression at a certian point

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

I just feel like kicking a generator should at a minimum reduce the amount of charges said generator has by 2 charges(2 seconds) aka 2.5%.

This would mean that at a minimum the kick animation will regress the generator by how long a default kick would take(2 seconds).

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

I like infectious with surge. Especially when a a scream comes from a surged gen.. a good case scenario is if you down the screamer by the time surge is back and ready to go or pressure them off and decide what to do with the slug. I wouldn’t mind the tiniest of buffs to surge but I enjoy the perk as is too.

• Meroko
    Meroko Member Posts: 107
    edited February 2021

This is reasonable. Gen rush isn't really a thing imo, it's the lack of being able to regress the gens as a killer without some perks. Now that Undying/Ruin is nerfed to the ground, Ruin will basically be worthless and "gen rushing" will be back in the game. I do agree it's time to look into buffing the base regression of gens. It should not take 5 entire minutes to regress a gen when it takes less than 2 minutes to repair a gen as a player (solo of course) ...that just doesn't seem fair at all.

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589

Simple gen kick should cut off 5% of gen.

• Exar
    Exar Member Posts: 46

I agree, the gen regression time is too slow. It should be 0.50% loss in a second.

• vladspellbinder
    vladspellbinder Member Posts: 320

I agree that the main problem is that a Killer, at base, has to spend two seconds kicking a gen while a Survivor has to spend only a fraction of a second to undo that. Something like Overcharge needs to be basekit, something that makes it so a single Survivor can't just tap a gen in the middle of a chase and undo what the Killer just spent two seconds doing.

As Killer I very rarely ever kick gens when I don't have perks that deal with having kicked a gen, because it is just a waste of time and doesn't give you any benefit unless you can keep all four Survivors away from that gen for at least two or three minuets depending on hos much progress it had before kicking it. And I mean totally away from it, because see above about gen-tapping while in a chase.

I'm not sure if umpiring the regression time is the right answer or not, but it's the easier change to make.