Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Increase DS timer if you want to reduce tunneling

Iosefka
Iosefka Member Posts: 72
edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

If any action of survivor disable DS, why it has still 60 seconds? Do you think killers are not tunneling survivors now ? This game is already dead gg everybody

Comments

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Because 60s is a long long time in DBD. With a toolbox you can finish an entire gen by yourself in those 60s, multiply that be 3 and you just finished over half your objective while being "tunneled." Also, you don't get DS for 60s, you get it for 120s if it ends of wearing off before the killer catches you.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Apparently, just like you know how people like to say “DS makes you invincible” 🙄 you can also now STOP the killer from tunneling you. 😮

I mean, like completely, like you can rest assured you will not be immediately followed after they take the stun. Phew

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

This must be bait.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

If you can't get away in 60s, your survivor skill are not as great as you think. During that time you can transverse the map, break chase, hide, or just occupy the killer while gens pop. If you need more than a minute then your doing something wrong.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

Clearly you are one of the people that abuse ds and ooo like it's free real estate.

If the game is dead stop playing gg ez bye

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 1,019

If you are actually being tunnelled, you couldn't do any of those things either way. If you can, you aren't actually being tunnelled and DS shouldn't be active anymore.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Bait master is back.

Seriously, this is one of the healthiest updates the game has gotten.

• Iosefka
    Iosefka Member Posts: 72

Ofc killer main forum gonna agree with that change. DS timer should be infinite in chase or make it like 240 seconds. Thats all. IDC about OoO because i am solo player

• Meroko
    Meroko Member Posts: 107

yes, the tears, feed me more. The years of unnecessary momentum changes from a single perk are over. Finally it's balanced for its true intention, to be anti tunnel. NOT anti-momentum

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Sorry, this is bad reasoning. I dont really agree with the increase of timer (I would pause it while running or downed), but you cannot really escape a Killer during a Chase.

If the Killer wants to get you, they will get you eventually, the only factor is the time it will take them. The only exception would be that they give up chasing you, which does not mean that they lost you, they decided to not go after you anymore.

So you can easily get tunneled, waste 60 seconds of the Killers time and STILL get hooked again, without getting to use DS. So it is not a "true Anti-Tunnel Perk" now. And yes, it is good to waste the Killers time, but this does not change the fact that you get tunneled.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Why stop there? Why not make it last the entirety of the match? Why not even make it continue into the next match too?

If you get a 59 second DS, you were not tunnelled.

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 1,019

You haven't given any compelling reason for why anyone should take your side on this, so obviously no one will agree with you. That's the nature of any forum and has nothing to do with bias.

If you want people to agree with you, you need a compelling and well-reasoned argument for your case. Debate 101.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

@Aven_Fallen

Escaping chase is possible as that's my primary means of surviving matches. True that the better a killer is the harder it becomes, but just running away until downed or killer gives up are not the best options. Breaking line of sight and knowing how scratches work are valuable tools for confusing killers on your whereabouts. I'm decent at looping but not to the point that I only rely on it. This is all possible without perks, now just add perks that actually aid in this and that window of escape gets larger.

Kind of sad that breaking chase has been downplayed to the point survivors don't even think it's possible.