DS and OoO - Amazing!

Pirate
Pirate Member Posts: 427
edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

To be honest I double checked if its april fools to be sure its real!

OoO is my most hated perk in the game, as killer there is nothing I hate more then it and as survivor I would never use it because I would never want anyone experience bad things with it like I did. But with the changes it might be the first time in my life that I would use the perk! The changes do sound very intriguing and even though its overall a nerf to the power of the perk the new changes make it a very tactical and fun pick in my humble opinion. I am looking forward to use it and play against it for the first time in my life!

DS... I usualy dont tunnel people so over 90% DS i am hit by is a DS I dont rember. So with the new changes there is a big possibility that this number will reduce even further + no more arrogant and disrespectfull gen reparing in your face because the survivor has DS! Wonderfull!

Overall I am very happy with the changes, I asked since the beginning for OoO changes and DS changes are also welcome! I would love to see them both make it into the game like they are announced without big changes.

Thank you devs!

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613

amen

• MrBuffalo
    MrBuffalo Member Posts: 312

Well sorry to hear object pissed you off that much but that perk was legit only used in 4 man swf (which made it op af) this nerf/rework isn't going to make it perk useful or not fair. Its just made it obsolete

As for D strike I do like change to stop those cock survivors buut they forgot 1 thing that was the biggest issue was hiding in the locker with d strike. At least if they repaired a gen in front of you, you could slug them. Again good idea to nerf the perk but they've nerfed it incorrectly.

• Nossy
    Nossy Member Posts: 118

Tho I find their DS change good (doing what was it purpose in the 1rst place), I'm very deceived for the OoO changes...

In my pov, the way they want to change it is even worst then before, we know that OoO is especially strong for SFW on comms because 1 OoO can feed intel to his whole team. Right now, all they can tell is info like "He's heading toward you or this part of the map", but as it is presented now, they will have way much precious info to give their team mate, like "He heading toward you AND HE SEE YOU" "He have BBQ" or "He have NC so don't heal near him", "He have I'm all ears so don't mindgame after speed vault and hold W", "This clown have Middle Finger add-on or this Wraith have All seing" etc...Not only it will still be a strong position telling perk, but also become a build indicator :(

• Pirate
    Pirate Member Posts: 427

I take this over the old OoO at any day of the week! We have now a absolute monitorin nightmare like a some kind of drone/camera that is fully controlled by the survivors. There is no perk that the killer has that would be more important to hide then letting them know where you are 24/7 and while countering some killer powers completly.

you said: "He heading toward you AND HE SEE YOU" "He have BBQ" first of all its working on you and not on them second the person on the hook knows were people are and if the killer is going there the BBQ call will come without OoO!

Nurses calling is always something you need to be aware of only noob survivor are healing in killer radius. Good survivor just do gens.

The knowledge of "I'm all ears" or "bitter murmur" etc. is NOT going to reduce the effectivnes of the perks because one can not adapt to them the proper way.

Everything is better then getting wallhacked the whole game.

So your worry is unreasonable. Just look forward to SWF getting their power stripped away while not affecting solo players at all! Best change period.

• Nossy
    Nossy Member Posts: 118

"So your worry is unreasonable. Just look forward to SWF getting their power stripped away while not affecting solo players at all! Best change period."

First its a point of view, you've got the right to have yours like I have the right to have mine, "Period" at the end of a sentence don't mean you have the absolute truth...

Second, if you had paid more attention to the changes, you've seen that before the proposed rework (wich can change till it get live), OoO did not work in the Terror radius of the killer (wich was good cause once you closed the gap, they can't rely on it to counter mindagme) but now it will ! So perks like "Im all ears", bitter, rancor, NC..." will play against you instead of for you and good players will quickly adapt and use this as their advantage.

"Nurses calling is always something you need to be aware of only noob survivor are healing in killer radius. Good survivor just do gens"

Its exactly the opposite and thats why I use it in almost all my builds at high lvl, noob survivors are scared and thats why they hide outside the TR to heal, good survivors are not scared at all and the best they are, the cockyer they are, they heal under hook or behind a tree/rock 2 meters away. They almost never expect NC cause its most a niche perk or at least not meta (unlike ruin/undying, BBQ, Thanato, Pop, Brutal strengh, enduring etc..).

So you can think what you want and I respect it, but to me it's more a slight buff for good player than a nerf overall.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

True, but I don't think it will be nearly as much of a problem as before because currently, they have full protection if they get out and heal or do a gen. With the nerf coming, they will still have a locker to use, but the second they progress the game they will lose DS. So if you are like a stealth killer you could just break LOS and use your stealth to bait them if you want. Point is that you can no longer be put in that situation where you hook another survivor and still get hit by DS. It could probably be better, but hey it was still a great nerf.

• MrBuffalo
    MrBuffalo Member Posts: 312

Agreed it is a decent nerf and it should have been like this since the perks semi rework. Honestly though people will complain about it no matter this change wont do much. :(