Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

If DS get nerfed I delete the game

13»

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

If DS is in your perk build at this moment, it will always be a threat

AND FOR THE LAST TIME

IF YOU ARE NOT BEING TUNNELED WITH DS YOU SHOULDN’T NEED THE 60 SECOND IMMUNITY TO EVERYTHING

• rglarson13
    rglarson13 Member Posts: 204

Please delete the game. It's not there killer's job to to entertain you, anymore than it's your job to help the killer rank up.

Unless you're going to politely allow yourself to get hooked wherever you unhook someone then the whole notion of giving everyone a turn on the hook is ridiculous.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

shall we talk about the killer perks that are most cried about here by the survivors? Ruin, Undying, Noed (all three got nerfed and ruin and noed are still cried about). also BBQ which got nerfed as well.

if you are curious what nerfs have happened because of survivor complaints:

1) Undying: must be a problem when people run it to do it's job so it's oppressive! gets nerfed with a small buff that it will take tokens with it once.

2) Ruin: so oppressive that survivors won't learn the game to get past ruin. they didn't WANT to learn how to hit great skill checks even though this helps them get better! I personally jumpped on totem hunting while my more experienced friends did the gens no biggie... I still learned great skill checks!

3) BBQ: originally when I started in 2018 it showed survivors in lockers, conversly survivors were able to use their aura reading perks in lockers too. This was quickly changed so it also got nerfed but as did survivor perks like object, empathy, alert and others. (oh look!!!! I brought up concurrent survivor nerfs with the killer nerf being discussed run for the hills this is someone that looks at both sides of the coin).

4) NOED: originally was not a hex perk and existed from the start of the game and could not be turned off. advent of the hex perks it became a hex giving survivors a chance to turn it off before it even begins! Oh but that's not enough!!!!! survivors can't be arsed to take down 5 totems in one match between the 4 of them!!!! (this change happened before oct 2018 though but I know of it)

Now shall we talk about other NERFS of killers over the last 2-2.5 years? We should also talk about survivor nerfs as well. AND for this REWORKING a character is NOT A BUFF OR A NERF, a nerf is known as something to remove or impair functionality of a perk, item or character and a buff is the opposite, where it is to add or increase functionality of a perk, item or character (ok add on as well for both of these). a character re-work is NOT either of these though you can, though incorrectly, that these changes do function as a buff or a nerf in general but at that point it is a new character even though it was out already and since only killers have specific things a rework of a character from the ground up can not be compared to the survivors characters and thus buff or nerf can not be applied.

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666

If the killer tunnels you, you can still use ds with the changes. you may want to learn want tunneling is if your think the changes will benefit tunneling killers.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

But they are reworking them because they want to nerf them due to them being cried about. that is why the "rework" is just nerfing the character.

Are you telling me that nurse got changed because they just felt like it? her "rework" has flat out nerf written all over it all the way to her addons that are literal memes.

• you all knew this was coming. everyone was abusing DS, just sitting on a gen in the killers face, go down, DS, pop the gen right in front of him while he's stunned. Rush unhooks with DS etc. Y'all kept abusing it over and over again so there's nobody to blame but yourselves.

I like the sound of this new DS. I'd be ok with allowing survivors to start healing and keep DS active, perhaps only deactivate if fully healed but yeah doing gens is a big no-no. The one thing I think you could do perhaps to give something back to survivors is make the skill check a little bigger. Most people hit it 9/10 times but there's always that one time it won't work and then it's gone for good. Hardly an anti-tunnel perk in that case is it? its even worse when you add in laggy skill checks.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

first of all survivors complained about those perks..... and they got nerfed. survivors were complaining about nurse but she needed her add on's looked at and the omega blink nurse was TOOO OP. so they did a small base power rework and she is still very top tier if not the top tier. this is a rework not a nerf, they removed one unintended issue with the add on re-work and there were add ons that had "buffs" as well so i wonder which is the most. lets talk freddy... he was REWORKED into a completely new character with new powers and such. this was not a BUFF it was a RE-WORK. then later survivors complained about FOREVER FREDDY and they NERFED that aspect of freddy in a specific target to buff or nerf. so NO NURSE was a add-on pass, not specifically to address anything outside of the add ons but they realized part of that would require a base power correction to fully address that which the add ons allowed the omega blink in order to NOT allow that aspect of the add ons to ever crop up again. yea you're just complaining when you aren't looking at the over all picture and if you look at the specifics the devs put out before and after the re-work (after giving people time to get used to the new stuff) is a change but not enough to dethrone her.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

Okay, I know people have many different opinions and those can be clashing, but please make sure to remain respectful and civil, even if you don't agree with someone. There is no need for hostility during those discussions. Respect each other!

• nohahaha
    nohahaha Member Posts: 19

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

"not used always" i always see between 1 to 4 ds every match. is one of the most used perks in the game. and if its used that much and is strong deserves a nerf as every killer perk that arealy got nerfed like for example Undying wich is gonna get heavily nerfed next patch aswell.