Please fix the matchmaking

Options
GravyRobbers85
GravyRobbers85 Member Posts: 69
edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I'm a rank 8 Survivor who is constantly being put in lobbies with rank 12 to 20, usually on the higher end closer to 20 and it's costing me my rank in matches because there are too many idiots in the lower ranks. I completely understand that rank doesn't mean a whole lot regarding skill or the player but the higher ranks it shows a lot regarding their capability. Please bloody fix it.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

Pssst they are working on it. They have posted numerous times about the new matchmaking system that they hope to have in place soon.

FYI those players - their rank is just as meaningless as yours as it literally has nothing to do with skill - idiot players are present at all ranks...seriously.

• boostedsurvivormain
    Options

When the midchapter comes out, they're bringing back skill-based matchmaking. Hopefully this fixes the rainbow rank lobbies.

• Jasonsfar
    Jasonsfar Member Posts: 68
    Options

If they are close to rank 20, they are not idiots, they are new to the game, give them a break..

• IsJustMe
    IsJustMe Member Posts: 436
    Options

Iam so excited to see the posts tomorrow^^

Rainbow-Lobbys, because the MMR will do his work :)

• GravyRobbers85
    GravyRobbers85 Member Posts: 69
    Options

I'm just tired of the survivors that I'm with doing stupid things, not even trying to be stealthy, mindlessly and aimlessly wandering everywhere while running, leading the killer directly to me with absolutely no concern, you get the point. I know I was out of line referring to them as idiots, but their stupidity is usually what gets us killed when I have things under control.

• Rittihilatti
    Rittihilatti Member Posts: 124
    Options

Matchmaking should be based on two values.

• Gens done on avg / match
    • Seconds spent in chase on avg / match

They stated that they wont share details about the MMR, because it would lead people trying to abuse it. Agreed. But if they are not using these values, what else than?

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Rainbow Loobys is not the problem, its a skill difference you experienced the last time the mmr was active.

And i am not sure how the MMR will work. Will it put 4 survivors of the same skill together vs. a killer with a similar skill level?

Or will it take a killer, and 2 survivors above his skill level and 2 below his skill level? The average skill level might work out for it, even the result 2k 2escape might happen, but that still does not mean it makes for good games.

Devs have shown time and again that they chose priorities in matchmaking that i believe are unhealthy/unfun (like the second possible example, or prioritizing queue times over match balance) so i am not convinced that it will work out this time.

• IsJustMe
    IsJustMe Member Posts: 436
    Options

The Problem will be SWF! You still will have a SWF like : The new ones 20/18, one in the middel by green/violett and the last old player with 1.

So, how do you will match this? A big part here will change nothing, iam almost sure.

A 4 man Solo-Player, hmm mayby it can work