Don't remove custom icons.

Options
CardinalSin
CardinalSin Member Posts: 1
edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

It had been forever since I booted up DBD Toolbox and I was greeted by a message saying the new PTB said they were removing custom icons. But... why? What's the point of that exactly? I think having custom icons can really bring a ton of personalization to everyone's game. Some people like retro icons, some like the space theme, some prefer the hilarity of ShittyUI (lol), and so on.

Please BHVR, PLEASE do not remove custom icons. I can't imagine this would do anything but hurt the people who play.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

The new UI won't allow it. I think your custom icons will still show up in the menus though so you can still use custom character portraits.

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589
    Options

Oh... I forgot about that(((

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,114
    Options

yeah.....

Why let the UI use different pictures? At least tell us where they are or how to change them in the files!

Or: Give us an in-game workshop where we can post all of this stuff and can automatically change it.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    Options

It had to do with a different UI, and it was a questionable practice anyways; they wouldn't repeal bans for custom icon packs.

The issue is that it set a bad precedent; they can't let players make their own textures, which could be used to give them an advantage. It's the same reason they took away moon bouquets.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,114
    Options

How is having a custom perk icon in your match an advantage?

• madamretto
    madamretto Member Posts: 364
    Options

I'm so mad I can't even...🤬

• Rebirator
    Rebirator Member Posts: 4
    Options

I really hope that the developers will give the opportunity to replace icons by the release of the new chapter, because our community is very disappointed that it is not possible to manifest oneself in creativity within the game, after the news that it is impossible to replace icons in the new interface, I almost stopped playing in dbd.

I have from May 2020 2,000~ hours.

• Fenril
    Fenril Member Posts: 47
    Options

I'm not gonna stay quiet about it.

Behavior, we want to be able to use custom icons again. This doesn't affect the gameplay at all, and keep us happy and enjoying the game a bit more. Please, allow us to change our icons. Maybe work with content creators to allow us to use iridescent shards to purchase them in the shop. After a while, iridescent keeps acumullating and there is nothing we can do with them anymore except color-change the basic outfits of our favorite characters.

Anyway, please. You have to listen to us. I feel like uninstalling the game out of rage right now. This is really infuriating.

• Fenril
    Options

What on Earth are you talking about? Custom icons does not provide any advantage at all. It's just a custom icon. It's just a "Green Spine Chill" instead of a "Purple Spine Chill". How is that an advantage? I can now increase the size of the hud as I wish. If I wasn't able to pay attention to my "spine chill" because it was "too small" or "too dark", now I can. Isn't that an advantage?

Put something in your head: custom icons does not provide any advantage. And it won't provide any advantage whatsoever. It's an image after all. Behavior may not "approve them", but you can't disapprove something that is cosmetic. That won't hurt the game rules and provide you any extra advantage.

• OhBarbieKill
    OhBarbieKill Member Posts: 9
    Options

BHVR, just remember, its not the crossplay that pay your bills, because once the pc community gave up on the game, players and content creators, there's no turning back. #TalkToTheCommunity #StopKillingDBD

• EvaZioN
    EvaZioN Member Posts: 5
    Options

I recently tried to ask the question to know if the custom icons will be able to stay in the game

I asked this question for the Q&A QUESTIONS but it was not used as a question for the live yet it was one of the most asked questions

There have been 1K (views this was by far the most watched question)

here is the link

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/221945/can-we-continue-to-use-custom-icons-after-the-next-update/p1?new=1

I find it very unfortunate that something like that is removed from the game :/

• ShamelessPigMain
    Options

As I mentioned, it sets a precedent. You can't allow people to start changing textures, since you can't always tell what specifically has been tampered.

• ShamelessPigMain
    Options

Not the perk icons necessarily, but the precedent of meddling with texture files.

• Fenril
    Options

@ShamelessPigMain We're talking about icons, not textures. I'm sure Behavior would know if someone would turn a character completely black, like "Noob Saibot", to avoid being seen by the killer the whole match, or simply turn your character "transparent", etc, etc, etc.

Plus, messing with those .pak files seems like trouble. It's nothing compared to messing with a .jpg.

Anyway. I miss my beautiful icons. :-( I want them back.

• ShamelessPigMain
    edited February 2021
    Options

The issue is that changing icons is the same concept as changing textures. Moreover, it gets into the issue of modifying one's copy of the game in general. It's easy to identify that a program has been tampered with, but not what specifically has been tampered. It's easier to just mandate uniformity and deal with it, since nobody wants to deal with getting 50 emails a day about how somebody got automatically banned for supposedly only changing perk icons.