4.5.0 made the game unplayable for survivors

Options
Orionbash
Orionbash Member Posts: 742
edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

What are these hitboxes??? What did you guys do to the game? I was on The Game playing against a Nurse who would swing from two character's length distance and hit me. Each. Time. In Chase. I thought it was a ping issue so I hopped into another game. Same thing. One last game on an old map. Same thing.

Thanks Devs. I can't loop the killer if I can't tell where they actually are. I won't be playing until this is fixed.

Edit: This is not an isolated issue and is being noticed by a lot of players. I welcome everyone to join me in logging off until this is addressed, apologized for, and fixed. Goodbye for now, DbD.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    Options

Yea same thing happened with me vs Huntress on The Game. Somehow made up the distance and cleaved at air AROUND a corner and I wasn't even in range but the hit registered somehow.

Did another match vs Wraith and same thing. Even caught me when I used my sprint burst, like it was nothing.

Hit validation is broken, don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

I just face the huntress on Gideon and it was the same thing. Extremely generous hit from a great distance. There was enough room between us for two survivors almost.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

Que time are still really long but from the few games I had, it didn't feel that different.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    edited February 2021
    Options

Always get bad hitboxes so i just presumed it was a normal game.

• akumaks13
    akumaks13 Member Posts: 42
    Options

devs you have excelled with the update ...

• Trashmaster
    Trashmaster Member Posts: 357
    Options

Servers get loaded and perform worse? Wow, who could have possibly expected that

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,785
    edited February 2021
    Options

I was hit through a pallet before this Oni even reached the pallet. I dropped it early because he had spirit fury. But I was still somehow hit. He wasn't even in fury mode either. This happened twice.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options
  • BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

It's like they try to include more bugs in every new update. Coincidence? I think not!

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,347
    Options

i recomend to do honest reviev of this game on steam to protect poor souls who think about joing this mess

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

Now survivors know what its like as killer 95% of the time.

I havent played the update yet but I imagine its not nearly as bad as most are letting on

• ShadeCh33se
    ShadeCh33se Member Posts: 1
    Options

Yeah same thing happening here. Just played against ghostface on cold wind and me and my friends were getting hit through walls when we would loop around corners. It was like our hitboxes were behind us 10 feet. It made it impossible to loop and to know where the killer was. They desperately need to fix this.

• OffensiveHumor
    OffensiveHumor Member Posts: 131
    Options

Fr. The hitboxes right now are INSANE. Went up against a pyramid head and I dropped a pallet. I was already on the other side of the pallet when I got hit. It literally felt like getting hit through a window but instead it's a pallet, this needs to be fixed ASAP.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

I’ve only played 3 games since the update but in 2 of them there were a couple of highly sus hits, the likes of which I’ve never encountered before, though I’ve only been playing for a couple days total so this could just be normal.

In one game the doctor hit me with a non lunge attack in the basement. I was about 3 or 4 steps up the staircase. He was on the ground by the corner, almost behind it, a good 3 or so feet from the first step of the staircase.

In the other game, again vs the doctor, he hit me with an attack as I stunned him with a pallet. He was on one side and I was on the other. Just felt off as every other time I’ve been in that situation the killer gets stunned and I don’t get hit. It was like he hit me as he was stunned.

Again this could all be normal as I’ve only just started playing the game, but these hits felt weird compared to everything else I’ve experienced thus far. Will update of I notice more.

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877
    Options

Played 2 games, experienced it both times.

Hopefully BHVR start looking at the problem and fix it.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Just played against a Deathslinger and he shot me through a car on Azarovs, which caused me and my team to lose. DBD is going to ######### right now.

• km66
    km66 Member Posts: 111
    Options

Dude I just got hit by Clown from so far away. I swear, he was like twice as far as I normally get hit with already bad hit boxes/ping whatever. It feels so bad playing survivor right now. I'm about to delete this game....

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Welp I guess it's back to monstrum 2 or phasmaphobia so I can play a game that's actually gonna work, i was looking forward to the new update when I get off work but now not so much, it sounds as if the devs just switched the PTB over to live without fixing a damn thing.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Options

Got hit by a couple of Clowns that may as well have been wielding swords instead of knives, considering how far away they hit me from.

And no, it's not a server problem. Ping is fine. It's an issue with the hitboxes.

• The_Krapper
    Options

I mean at what point does someone lose their job for this ######### @not_Queen @Peanits@Almo are you guys hiring ? Because If ######### half the game up EVERY UPDATE qualifies as acceptable I think I can be a step above that, at least I'll listen to the community and give a ######### about what they want.

Pushing out a PTB version with no changes, that 95% of your player base told you was just god awful is totally unacceptable, I guess those new outfits look just fine though huh? ######### figures with this company

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

Alright first game as survivor i had a hillbilly saw through a wall and my camera is drifting/lagging, my skill fails are delayed every time, and I can't do struggle and instant fail.

• jakesotto
    jakesotto Member Posts: 201
    Options

I've played this game for almost 3 years now and this is the first update that is actually unplayable.

I agree entirely with this post and I won't be playing again until this is patched, hopefully in a hotfix soon.

For those who havent experienced it yet or only play killer, it's basically as if every killer has a constant 250% lunge.

• h0lden
    h0lden Member Posts: 42
    Options

Seems hit detection is either off or they some how messed it up. I am sorry, I main killer and have been noticing some weird hits. All I can say is that I hope they hotfix this faster than last patch when they bugged 4 killers to the point to where they were unplayable.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    edited February 2021
    Options

They did ######### up hitboxes AGAIN...

• Orionbash
    Options

I don't think its the devs' faults honestly. They know its a ######### product. My guess is that the higher ups want things forced out regardless of how ######### they are because it keeps people playing and spending money. There's a reason they don't want to do a health patch and that'd be my guess. I love capitalism, but man it can be ######### af sometimes.

• The_Krapper
    Options

I disagree because at the end of the day even if the higher ups did want it changed they half assed it and ######### the whole game up, someone didn't care whether we had a good product or not and sat on their hands after the PTB instead of working, I mean they were worried more about "jiggle physics" than how the game plays and at that point someone should be fired so we can bring someone in with a brainstem who will fix this stuff

• Orionbash
    Options

A local friend hopped on to try the new patch against my warnings. Same issue. He said the queue time was the longest he's ever seen and won't be back on till its fixed. We're logging off in droves. Keep up the fight, guys. Enough is enough.

• YuisPinkBob
    YuisPinkBob Member Posts: 353
    Options

This is happening to me too, something definitely has went wrong. Either the hitboxes are messed up or the animations make it look too far away, I'm not sure. I hope it gets sorted out.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

As if survivors need any more nerfs. Hitboxes were already bad enough, most of the time hits through pallets. Undying, Ruin, Tinkerer, Devour Hope every match. But nerf survivor perks, buff killer perks, massively

All of these are just additional killer buffs. I couldn't imagine how unplayable it is right now.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,235
    Options

They had a whole MONTH btw to get things right from the ptb. Then you look at the changes they made from ptb to live and its 3 of the smallest things. What on earth is happening.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Honestly,BHVR doesn't deserve DbD at this point.

Forcing an update after 99.9% of the community hated it and gave feedback.

It's ridiculous

But hey,at least Kates and Janes chest physics got fixed :^)

• xnicolay
    xnicolay Member Posts: 70
    Options

only hitboxes?

Changing the movement is the worst thing.... looks clumsy, you cant loop. i dont understand why they did that.

• toukent
    toukent Member Posts: 88
    Options

yep 1 step forward, 2 steps back. welcome to dead by daylight

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,741
    Options

No. It's not. People love overexaggerating. I've been playing both sides all day and haven't seen a single hitbox issue on either side.

• Orionbash
    Options
  • whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

Whose idea was it to turn killer terror radius audio up 40 decibels?

And the mix track while your hanging on the hook needs work.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,741
    Options

Me: "I've been playing both sides all day"

You: "KILLER MAIN!"

You can't read well.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    Options

Literally everyone else: “Hitboxes are a problem!”

You: “People are over exaggerating because I personally have not seen any hitbox issues”

• Blaze2k20
    Blaze2k20 Member Posts: 4
    Options

This update has severely ruined the game, im done, seriously, untill this game is fixed and they stop ######### with things that arent broken....im done....hit boxes are broken as fu*k now, ive been disconnected so many times im sure my penalty is gonna be hours soon, and ive never wanted to burn a pc more in my life....good job devs....i hope someone pisses in your coffee and cums in your creamer

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681
    Options

The game just gets worse every update. The disappointing events. Endless bugs. Janky hitboxes. The UI- that looks like ads are gonna pop up any second.

Can't blame covid anymore. Could we even tell if the lead designer was trying to get fired at this point?

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

I'm normally a very chill survivor, I don't get mad at the game when I play survivor I should say.

Currently I've been getting pissed with all these bs hits that weren't a thing yesterday.