The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The survivors buffs are bad for the game

2»

Comments

• Radiant
    Radiant Member Posts: 187
    "In my experience i didnt notice any difference in survivor after nerf"

Has no survivor experience.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Radiant said:

At least quote me, when you try to comment BS.
  • Radiant

95% of killers mains says that.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I don't get why people say it's impossible to loop killers now. The pallet density has been nerfed, but in most of the matches I've seen or played there's still a healthy amount of pallets for survivors. The Coldwind and Autowrecker maps in particular come into mind, those still have a really big amount of pallets survivors can use against the killers.
    The nerfs of the last patch definitely weren't too much (except maybe for the nurse, who is becoming too overpowered now). People who are really good at survivors can still buy their team quite a lot of time in many matches.

The argument of killer mains being cry babies and complain about balance just because they aren't good enough can be applied just as easily to survivors. If it's really impossible for someone to loop a killer now, than that person probably just has to get better at the game. It's still possible and very effective. However, the RNG is a bit of a problem. I have indeed seen rare matches where there were very few pallets, but of course I can't say if that was maybe because other team mates already used these pallets.

However I agree that right now the game is in a bit of a mess. As a killer main myself I would love to see a substantial nerf to gen rushing, just so that survivors can't rush through their objectives within a few minutes anymore and killers actually have a bit more time to deal with survivors. The healing changes are great but not a full solution to these short games. And a second objective would help a lot.
    However, while this event isn't representative of what the game would look like if there was a second objective survivors would have to complete in order to power the exit gates, it definitely shows that adding a second objective without other changes would ruin this game.

Tunneling and camping are both strategies in this game that would need some heavy nerfing if they'd ever add a second objective to the game. Solo survivors would also need some buffs in order to get the same information that swf survivors have. Kindred and bond in particular come into mind.
    I also believe the devs would definitely have to look into the pallet densitiy nerf of the last patch and maybe buff the pallet desnsity on certain maps again if there is ever such a substantial gen rush nerf. Also reduce the RNG regarding how many pallets can spawn on a map. The minimum amount of pallets on certain maps indeed seems to be a tad low, although im not certain about that.

And then there's also the problem that with every further survivor nerf or killer buff, top tier killers like nurse and billy would become way too overpowered. Nurse in my opinion is even now already overpowered, especially with certain add ons. So with a second objective, these killers would need some nerfs, in fact I'd argue that a gen rush nerf could only ever happen with a rework of the nurse. Certain killer add ons, killer perks and of course moris would also need some serious nerfing.

So quite a lot of work, much more than just adding a second objective without changing anything else. As much as I want a gen rush nerf for this game, it can not happen without all these other nerfs to killers or buffs to survivors I've just mentioned. That's my opinion of course.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    edited October 2018
    Tsulan said:
    :

Dude don't respond to this troll. In every single post he say bs on anyone calling them killer main if disagree with him. You can check that yourself, don't give the troll attention, there is a reason why everybody ignores his comments
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    edited October 2018
    Gotta say if it want for the changes to the event, I'd still be working on killer hooks. Fortunately I was able to farm them out as a survivor. The biggest problem I saw with collecting vials was that nobody continued the game after they got what they wanted. In matches were teammates did stick around everything went pretty smoothly with the exception that the killer had a little more time to prepare and stagger progress. Driveby leader kept things going though.
  • Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677

On the recent devstream, hard numbers were given on the distance a survivor gets from the killer when taking a turn around an obstacle, given in meters per second. So for every turn around an obstacle in a loop a survivor takes, the survivor increases the distance to the killer by 0.4 meters per second. Where the killer is 0.6 faster in a straight line so looping is HEAVILY in favor of the survivors. So with all of those loopable areas which are created to favor the survivors, only favor them even more. So if the survivor keeps looping they will increase their chances of survival, where blood lust should trigger much faster. It's not so weird that a lot of survivors easily can keep a chase going without end, because of the above. But not only that, when they actually do take a hit, the killer is penalized for it by being slowed down and the survivor gets a speed boost. That is certainly quite obvious to see that there is some imbalance in regards to the chasing and looping mechanics, where the attack recovery falls under.

• TheAtomicPsycho
    TheAtomicPsycho Member Posts: 15
    Can we talk about how with 2 survivors on a gen the time goes from 80 to 40 secs. Reduce the speed bonus from multiple survivors working on a gen and there we go balance.
  • adalesmo
    adalesmo Member Posts: 164

@MhhBurgers said:

@ConsoleNurse said:
    Survivors keep nerfing for 8 month over and over what are u talking about?
    P.s: I only disagree with vault nerf

What a ridiculous argument. I hear this over and over and over in gaming forums.

"They already nerfed vayne, she's balanced now"

• Still has 60%+ winrate

-another nerf comes

"omg they already nerfed her, she sucks now"

-Still has 58%+ winrate

Put into DBD Survivors were let's say at 120% of the intended power level, if a patch brings them down to 115% then they're still more powerful and still need more nerfs. All of the nerfs so far were baby-glove nerfs that didn't fix the core issue of the game because the devs are afraid of the backlash

What planet are you living on? The last stats the devs showed had a ~2.5 avg kills per game. Which is BEFORE the constant survivor nerfs.

• AnotherRandy
    AnotherRandy Member Posts: 274
    Master said:

I never had such queue time problems until survivors starting to farm killer vials.
    I will be highly surprised if the situation stays the same after the event.

Killers complain because (unless you play nurse) you always go into a match, knowing you might not even have the chance to win if the survivors are just good enough.
    This together with the toxicity...... well

I suggest one thing. Check out jendenise channel a bit and look what she does to killers with her SWF. Now imagine playing the other side.
    She is a pretty good survivor, but she actually doesnt try to just play optimal like the depip squad, check a few games of them and you might understand even better.

Trapper needs a complete rework if you ask me, SWF does so much damage to him....

Can you go in detail about this streamer? I remember watching a clip of this streamer and she was screaming all time. I cant stand watching those people, sorry
  • No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

@TheAtomicPsycho said:
    Can we talk about how with 2 survivors on a gen the time goes from 80 to 40 secs. Reduce the speed bonus from multiple survivors working on a gen and there we go balance.

Except you're wrong, as they've already done that. It reduces the time from 40 to 60 or something when 2 survivors are on a gen

• Vert3x
    Vert3x Member Posts: 125

@twistedmonkey said:

On the other hand though. These flowers are the reason no one is playing survivor, it's just too difficult to do 5 gens + 5 shorter gens

That was my point ;), in adding another objective into this event some of the nerf's over the past few months seem like they could be obsolete and need reverting or reworked.

A Fog Whisperer did say on stream the event it was a test regarding more objectives being added into the game, they said the devs want to remove bloodlust from the game and also the healing nerf would no longer be needed, just two examples of changes made which could need to be reworked.

That'd really make this game a 5 stars.

More valuable objectives (I say valuable because we don't want dull totems 2.0) but more intense chases and more opportunities to the survivors in the chases. You often get undeservedly hooked nowadays, the killers should really only get a free hook in case the survivor they chase is bad, not in case they just have a chainsaw that charges instantly because of x addons rather than the machine gun build on huntress or rather than because they're playing nurse.

Not only Bloodlust should get removed to be honest, I think that if a new non event-related objective came out and nullified genrush, I'd like to see pallets increased in some maps, not the pallet vacuum which has always been bs, but just the quantity of pallets, it'd also be nice to see the old times 4.3 seconds pick up animation too, currently flashlight saving is viable but the killer will predict it after once that you get it done; I'm fine with Lightborn completely preventing flashlight saves, it's one perk that the killer, the 1 that is vs 4 survivors, is using specifically for that matter, so I would agree on that choice but I don't agree on the really quick timing that you often can't get in time just because some baby killers complained. It also feels like it's easier to get the flashlight saves, back in the days when you waited a longer time it looked much nicer in my opinion.

If all of this was done, beyond bugs, beyond the lack of dedicated servers, beyond camping and tunneling, I'd really think this game would gain a lot of quality.

From the point of view of the killer, you could keep on doing your chases without minding the gens being rushed straight through, which do excite you even though some killer mains can't accept it or simply they're stressed by genrush (and I don't blame them in that case).

• MuttonChops
    MuttonChops Member Posts: 55

I'm sure we all know that last year, dbd was a joke for an 'asymmetrical' horror game, as a good survivor could run most killers round most of the game, me often being one of said killers. For so long people asked for killer buffs and survivor nerfs, but people were too short-sited and now we have a predicament on our hands: Survivor is no fun to play anymore.

Now there are too many survivors becoming killer mains, causing incredibly long waiting time for killers, who don't want to play survivor, and will therefore just stop playing all together. As a killer main myself, i've never understood why some killers complain so much. I get survivors needed tweaks and definitely something needed to be done, but this wasn't the something because survivor is so boring now. People always complained survivors could loop a killer all game, but they needed that because now, once you're in a chase, you can't loop all game so the killer can tunnel you until death. All you can do now is stealth and do gens which is fine to a point but you need some action to actually have fun.

People would always complain that the killer is called the killer because they are meant to kill you, not only get 2 kills, but survivors are called survivors you know, they're supposed to be good at it, and the whole point of an asymmetrical horror game is on average it should be 2 or 3 kills per game, as that's what a draw is and it's meant to be symmetrical. People also complain when good survivors outplay them and get 0 kills, but there's no complaints that killer is op when they outplay the survivors and get 4 kills. I get that some survivors are nasty and think they deserve to escape every game, but if you think about it, are killers not the entitled ones, always complaining survivors are op, like a 2-3 kill average isn't enough.

I think survivors didn't need this many nerfs, all i think was needed was some proper buffs to the weaker killers, so they were all made as good as nurse and billy, which did happen for hag and spirit, but none of the others. Please devs just give the survivors a chance so not everyone wants to play killer, and please stop doing general buffs that affect everyone, but instead keep doing buffs on the weaker killers, like what you've been doing. One last thing i'd say though is you should stop buffing addons like with wraith and trapper and do more base kit buffs like with hag and spirit.

This is why I stopped playing. Besides killers lobby dodging made 1 match ever 2 hours. Survivors no longer are interested in playing. Switch to killer 3k-4k every day. Ez
  • ad19970

@Vert3x said:

@twistedmonkey said:

On the other hand though. These flowers are the reason no one is playing survivor, it's just too difficult to do 5 gens + 5 shorter gens

That was my point ;), in adding another objective into this event some of the nerf's over the past few months seem like they could be obsolete and need reverting or reworked.

A Fog Whisperer did say on stream the event it was a test regarding more objectives being added into the game, they said the devs want to remove bloodlust from the game and also the healing nerf would no longer be needed, just two examples of changes made which could need to be reworked.

More valuable objectives (I say valuable because we don't want dull totems 2.0) but more intense chases and more opportunities to the survivors in the chases. You often get undeservedly hooked nowadays, the killers should really only get a free hook in case the survivor they chase is bad, not in case they just have a chainsaw that charges instantly because of x addons rather than the machine gun build on huntress or rather than because they're playing nurse.

Not only Bloodlust should get removed to be honest, I think that if a new non event-related objective came out and nullified genrush, I'd like to see pallets increased in some maps, not the pallet vacuum which has always been bs, but just the quantity of pallets, it'd also be nice to see the old times 4.3 seconds pick up animation too, currently flashlight saving is viable but the killer will predict it after once that you get it done; I'm fine with Lightborn completely preventing flashlight saves, it's one perk that the killer, the 1 that is vs 4 survivors, is using specifically for that matter, so I would agree on that choice but I don't agree on the really quick timing that you often can't get in time just because some baby killers complained. It also feels like it's easier to get the flashlight saves, back in the days when you waited a longer time it looked much nicer in my opinion.

If all of this was done, beyond bugs, beyond the lack of dedicated servers, beyond camping and tunneling, I'd really think this game would gain a lot of quality.

From the point of view of the killer, you could keep on doing your chases without minding the gens being rushed straight through, which do excite you even though some killer mains can't accept it or simply they're stressed by genrush (and I don't blame them in that case).

I agree with the pallets. While certain maps still have more than enough pallets even after the latest patch, there are some maps that would definitely need a buff to the minimum amount of pallets if gen rush was ever nerfed.
    But the pick up time for killers is fine in my opinion. I mean think about it, it can take quite some time before a good killer player finally downs a survivor if the survivor is good at looping, even now with the recent pallet density nerf, and flash light saves pretty much nullifies all the progress that the killer has made during that chase. So that should be hard to pull of, I wouldn't call people "baby killers" just because they complained about a mechanic like that being unfair.
    Also, when you say that killers should only get a free hook when survivors are bad sounds like you want killers to only get hooks if survivors make mistakes, but that's not how a game should be balanced. If someone is really good with a killer than he should be able to down a good survivor within a fair time without being fully dependent on a survivor making mistakes. Not always of course, survivors also shouldn't be dependent on killers making mistakes in order to survive a chase for more than 30 or 40 seconds, otherwise the game would be too killer sided. I feel like right now they've found a good middle ground regarding chases, you can survive quite some time as a survivor but it feels more balanced now, with killers being a bit more in power than they used to be.

However, I think with a second objective, camping and tunneling would also have to be nerfed. I just can't see any proper gen rush nerf working without nerfing camping and tunneling, or playing survivor would become way too frustrating.

• MuttonChops
    adalesmo said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@ConsoleNurse said:
    Survivors keep nerfing for 8 month over and over what are u talking about?
    P.s: I only disagree with vault nerf

What a ridiculous argument. I hear this over and over and over in gaming forums.

"They already nerfed vayne, she's balanced now"

• Still has 60%+ winrate

-another nerf comes

"omg they already nerfed her, she sucks now"

-Still has 58%+ winrate

Put into DBD Survivors were let's say at 120% of the intended power level, if a patch brings them down to 115% then they're still more powerful and still need more nerfs. All of the nerfs so far were baby-glove nerfs that didn't fix the core issue of the game because the devs are afraid of the backlash

What planet are you living on? The last stats the devs showed had a ~2.5 avg kills per game. Which is BEFORE the constant survivor nerfs.

They don't care about survivors hence why there are less playing. 
  • ad19970

@MuttonChops said:
    No_Cluie_Louis said:

I'm sure we all know that last year, dbd was a joke for an 'asymmetrical' horror game, as a good survivor could run most killers round most of the game, me often being one of said killers. For so long people asked for killer buffs and survivor nerfs, but people were too short-sited and now we have a predicament on our hands: Survivor is no fun to play anymore.

Now there are too many survivors becoming killer mains, causing incredibly long waiting time for killers, who don't want to play survivor, and will therefore just stop playing all together. As a killer main myself, i've never understood why some killers complain so much. I get survivors needed tweaks and definitely something needed to be done, but this wasn't the something because survivor is so boring now. People always complained survivors could loop a killer all game, but they needed that because now, once you're in a chase, you can't loop all game so the killer can tunnel you until death. All you can do now is stealth and do gens which is fine to a point but you need some action to actually have fun.

People would always complain that the killer is called the killer because they are meant to kill you, not only get 2 kills, but survivors are called survivors you know, they're supposed to be good at it, and the whole point of an asymmetrical horror game is on average it should be 2 or 3 kills per game, as that's what a draw is and it's meant to be symmetrical. People also complain when good survivors outplay them and get 0 kills, but there's no complaints that killer is op when they outplay the survivors and get 4 kills. I get that some survivors are nasty and think they deserve to escape every game, but if you think about it, are killers not the entitled ones, always complaining survivors are op, like a 2-3 kill average isn't enough.

I think survivors didn't need this many nerfs, all i think was needed was some proper buffs to the weaker killers, so they were all made as good as nurse and billy, which did happen for hag and spirit, but none of the others. Please devs just give the survivors a chance so not everyone wants to play killer, and please stop doing general buffs that affect everyone, but instead keep doing buffs on the weaker killers, like what you've been doing. One last thing i'd say though is you should stop buffing addons like with wraith and trapper and do more base kit buffs like with hag and spirit.

This is why I stopped playing. Besides killers lobby dodging made 1 match ever 2 hours. Survivors no longer are interested in playing. Switch to killer 3k-4k every day. Ez

Do you even play killer? I'm curious because playing killer certainly doesn't always allow an "ez" 3k or 4k. Especially not at high ranks. That's bs. If you are talking about this event though, than I can understand that. The game's balance is pretty bad right now during this event with the second objective for survivors, since there are too many killers, killer builds and killer strategies that become way too good with a second objective.

• MuttonChops
    ad19970 said:

@MuttonChops said:
    No_Cluie_Louis said:

Do you even play killer? I'm curious because playing killer certainly doesn't always allow an "ez" 3k or 4k. Especially not at high ranks. That's bs. If you are talking about this event though, than I can understand that. The game's balance is pretty bad right now during this event with the second objective for survivors, since there are too many killers, killer builds and killer strategies that become way too good with a second objective.

It's sooooo easy! 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Malakir said:
    Tsulan said:
    :

Dude don't respond to this troll. In every single post he say bs on anyone calling them killer main if disagree with him. You can check that yourself, don't give the troll attention, there is a reason why everybody ignores his comments
    You're right.
    My bad.
  • ad19970

@MuttonChops said:
    ad19970 said:

@MuttonChops said:

No_Cluie_Louis said:

It's sooooo easy! 

That's not even an answer to my question, though at this point I am pretty sure that I know the answer. Forget it. If you actually believe that, I can't and don't want to stop you from believing that. You are in the big minority though.

• MuttonChops
    ad19970 said:

@MuttonChops said:
    ad19970 said:

@MuttonChops said:

No_Cluie_Louis said:

It's sooooo easy! 

That's not even an answer to my question, though at this point I am pretty sure that I know the answer. Forget it. If you actually believe that, I can't and don't want to stop you from believing that. You are in the big minority though.

I play on PS4 and ranked up to 1 in 5 hours. That's pathetic! It's soooo easy! 
  • ad19970

@MuttonChops said:
    ad19970 said:

@MuttonChops said:

ad19970 said:

@MuttonChops said:

No_Cluie_Louis said:

I'm sure we all know that last year, dbd was a joke for an 'asymmetrical' horror game, as a good survivor could run most killers round most of the game, me often being one of said killers. For so long people asked for killer buffs and survivor nerfs, but people were too short-sited and now we have a predicament on our hands: Survivor is no fun to play anymore. Now there are too many survivors becoming killer mains, causing incredibly long waiting time for killers, who don't want to play survivor, and will therefore just stop playing all together. As a killer main myself, i've never understood why some killers complain so much. I get survivors needed tweaks and definitely something needed to be done, but this wasn't the something because survivor is so boring now. People always complained survivors could loop a killer all game, but they needed that because now, once you're in a chase, you can't loop all game so the killer can tunnel you until death. All you can do now is stealth and do gens which is fine to a point but you need some action to actually have fun. People would always complain that the killer is called the killer because they are meant to kill you, not only get 2 kills, but survivors are called survivors you know, they're supposed to be good at it, and the whole point of an asymmetrical horror game is on average it should be 2 or 3 kills per game, as that's what a draw is and it's meant to be symmetrical. People also complain when good survivors outplay them and get 0 kills, but there's no complaints that killer is op when they outplay the survivors and get 4 kills. I get that some survivors are nasty and think they deserve to escape every game, but if you think about it, are killers not the entitled ones, always complaining survivors are op, like a 2-3 kill average isn't enough. I think survivors didn't need this many nerfs, all i think was needed was some proper buffs to the weaker killers, so they were all made as good as nurse and billy, which did happen for hag and spirit, but none of the others. Please devs just give the survivors a chance so not everyone wants to play killer, and please stop doing general buffs that affect everyone, but instead keep doing buffs on the weaker killers, like what you've been doing. One last thing i'd say though is you should stop buffing addons like with wraith and trapper and do more base kit buffs like with hag and spirit.

It's sooooo easy! 

Yeah, of course, but that's an entire other problem caused by the ranking system. I agree though that it's too easy to rank up as a killer in this game. Or as any side to be honest.
    I switched to PC though because of the horrendous framerate, so I can't say how the balance is on ps4, since DBD on PS4 is a bit different from the PC version. Still doubt that killer is that easy.

• MuttonChops
    ad19970 said:

@MuttonChops said:
    ad19970 said:

@MuttonChops said:

ad19970 said:

@MuttonChops said:

No_Cluie_Louis said:

I'm sure we all know that last year, dbd was a joke for an 'asymmetrical' horror game, as a good survivor could run most killers round most of the game, me often being one of said killers. For so long people asked for killer buffs and survivor nerfs, but people were too short-sited and now we have a predicament on our hands: Survivor is no fun to play anymore. Now there are too many survivors becoming killer mains, causing incredibly long waiting time for killers, who don't want to play survivor, and will therefore just stop playing all together. As a killer main myself, i've never understood why some killers complain so much. I get survivors needed tweaks and definitely something needed to be done, but this wasn't the something because survivor is so boring now. People always complained survivors could loop a killer all game, but they needed that because now, once you're in a chase, you can't loop all game so the killer can tunnel you until death. All you can do now is stealth and do gens which is fine to a point but you need some action to actually have fun. People would always complain that the killer is called the killer because they are meant to kill you, not only get 2 kills, but survivors are called survivors you know, they're supposed to be good at it, and the whole point of an asymmetrical horror game is on average it should be 2 or 3 kills per game, as that's what a draw is and it's meant to be symmetrical. People also complain when good survivors outplay them and get 0 kills, but there's no complaints that killer is op when they outplay the survivors and get 4 kills. I get that some survivors are nasty and think they deserve to escape every game, but if you think about it, are killers not the entitled ones, always complaining survivors are op, like a 2-3 kill average isn't enough. I think survivors didn't need this many nerfs, all i think was needed was some proper buffs to the weaker killers, so they were all made as good as nurse and billy, which did happen for hag and spirit, but none of the others. Please devs just give the survivors a chance so not everyone wants to play killer, and please stop doing general buffs that affect everyone, but instead keep doing buffs on the weaker killers, like what you've been doing. One last thing i'd say though is you should stop buffing addons like with wraith and trapper and do more base kit buffs like with hag and spirit.

It's sooooo easy! 

Yeah, of course, but that's an entire other problem caused by the ranking system. I agree though that it's too easy to rank up as a killer in this game. Or as any side to be honest.
    I switched to PC though because of the horrendous framerate, so I can't say how the balance is on ps4, since DBD on PS4 is a bit different from the PC version. Still doubt that killer is that easy.

It is and the best part is 50k BP a game is the norm! Also due to the poor FPS DS strike rarely works 👍 it's soooo easy
  • ad19970

@MuttonChops said:
    ad19970 said:

@MuttonChops said:

ad19970 said:

@MuttonChops said:

ad19970 said:

@MuttonChops said: No_Cluie_Louis said:

I'm sure we all know that last year, dbd was a joke for an 'asymmetrical' horror game, as a good survivor could run most killers round most of the game, me often being one of said killers. For so long people asked for killer buffs and survivor nerfs, but people were too short-sited and now we have a predicament on our hands: Survivor is no fun to play anymore.    Now there are too many survivors becoming killer mains, causing incredibly long waiting time for killers, who don't want to play survivor, and will therefore just stop playing all together. As a killer main myself, i've never understood why some killers complain so much. I get survivors needed tweaks and definitely something needed to be done, but this wasn't the something because survivor is so boring now. People always complained survivors could loop a killer all game, but they needed that because now, once you're in a chase, you can't loop all game so the killer can tunnel you until death. All you can do now is stealth and do gens which is fine to a point but you need some action to actually have fun.    People would always complain that the killer is called the killer because they are meant to kill you, not only get 2 kills, but survivors are called survivors you know, they're supposed to be good at it, and the whole point of an asymmetrical horror game is on average it should be 2 or 3 kills per game, as that's what a draw is and it's meant to be symmetrical. People also complain when good survivors outplay them and get 0 kills, but there's no complaints that killer is op when they outplay the survivors and get 4 kills. I get that some survivors are nasty and think they deserve to escape every game, but if you think about it, are killers not the entitled ones, always complaining survivors are op, like a 2-3 kill average isn't enough.    I think survivors didn't need this many nerfs, all i think was needed was some proper buffs to the weaker killers, so they were all made as good as nurse and billy, which did happen for hag and spirit, but none of the others. Please devs just give the survivors a chance so not everyone wants to play killer, and please stop doing general buffs that affect everyone, but instead keep doing buffs on the weaker killers, like what you've been doing. One last thing i'd say though is you should stop buffing addons like with wraith and trapper and do more base kit buffs like with hag and spirit.

This is why I stopped playing. Besides killers lobby dodging made 1 match ever 2 hours. Survivors no longer are interested in playing. Switch to killer 3k-4k every day. Ez Do you even play killer? I'm curious because playing killer certainly doesn't always allow an "ez" 3k or 4k. Especially not at high ranks. That's bs. If you are talking about this event though, than I can understand that. The game's balance is pretty bad right now during this event with the second objective for survivors, since there are too many killers, killer builds and killer strategies that become way too good with a second objective.

It's sooooo easy! 

It is and the best part is 50k BP a game is the norm! Also due to the poor FPS DS strike rarely works 👍 it's soooo easy

I still doubt you get constantly 3 or 4 kills, and if you do, than only because you face survivors that aren't that good at the game. Survivors like me. I'm still not good at survivor yet I somehow managed to rank up to rank 5, and that during the event.
    I get that with DS though, the framerate is a real problem for the console versions of this game. I would also have to agree with the blood point gain. That's an area where survivors need to be buffed a bit. The problem is the category cap of 8000. As a killer, you will always get blood points in all categories, but as a survivor, you can't always because you have to split the roles sometimes as survivors. They really need to increase the blood points cap of all four categories to 12000 or 14000, while still keeping the overall cap at 32k. And maybe increase the blood point gain for repairing very slightly, as well as giving bloodpoints for stealthing within a certain range of the killer in the survival category.

• Radiant

ehm

plz format

• MuttonChops
    ad19970 said:

@MuttonChops said:
    ad19970 said:

@MuttonChops said:

ad19970 said:

@MuttonChops said:

ad19970 said:

I'm sure we all know that last year, dbd was a joke for an 'asymmetrical' horror game, as a good survivor could run most killers round most of the game, me often being one of said killers. For so long people asked for killer buffs and survivor nerfs, but people were too short-sited and now we have a predicament on our hands: Survivor is no fun to play anymore.    Now there are too many survivors becoming killer mains, causing incredibly long waiting time for killers, who don't want to play survivor, and will therefore just stop playing all together. As a killer main myself, i've never understood why some killers complain so much. I get survivors needed tweaks and definitely something needed to be done, but this wasn't the something because survivor is so boring now. People always complained survivors could loop a killer all game, but they needed that because now, once you're in a chase, you can't loop all game so the killer can tunnel you until death. All you can do now is stealth and do gens which is fine to a point but you need some action to actually have fun.    People would always complain that the killer is called the killer because they are meant to kill you, not only get 2 kills, but survivors are called survivors you know, they're supposed to be good at it, and the whole point of an asymmetrical horror game is on average it should be 2 or 3 kills per game, as that's what a draw is and it's meant to be symmetrical. People also complain when good survivors outplay them and get 0 kills, but there's no complaints that killer is op when they outplay the survivors and get 4 kills. I get that some survivors are nasty and think they deserve to escape every game, but if you think about it, are killers not the entitled ones, always complaining survivors are op, like a 2-3 kill average isn't enough.    I think survivors didn't need this many nerfs, all i think was needed was some proper buffs to the weaker killers, so they were all made as good as nurse and billy, which did happen for hag and spirit, but none of the others. Please devs just give the survivors a chance so not everyone wants to play killer, and please stop doing general buffs that affect everyone, but instead keep doing buffs on the weaker killers, like what you've been doing. One last thing i'd say though is you should stop buffing addons like with wraith and trapper and do more base kit buffs like with hag and spirit.

This is why I stopped playing. Besides killers lobby dodging made 1 match ever 2 hours. Survivors no longer are interested in playing. Switch to killer 3k-4k every day. Ez Do you even play killer? I'm curious because playing killer certainly doesn't always allow an "ez" 3k or 4k. Especially not at high ranks. That's bs. If you are talking about this event though, than I can understand that. The game's balance is pretty bad right now during this event with the second objective for survivors, since there are too many killers, killer builds and killer strategies that become way too good with a second objective.

It's sooooo easy! 

I still doubt you get constantly 3 or 4 kills, and if you do, than only because you face survivors that aren't that good at the game. Survivors like me. I'm still not good at survivor yet I somehow managed to rank up to rank 5, and that during the event.
    I get that with DS though, the framerate is a real problem for the console versions of this game. I would also have to agree with the blood point gain. That's an area where survivors need to be buffed a bit. The problem is the category cap of 8000. As a killer, you will always get blood points in all categories, but as a survivor, you can't always because you have to split the roles sometimes as survivors. They really need to increase the blood points cap of all four categories to 12000 or 14000, while still keeping the overall cap at 32k. And maybe increase the blood point gain for repairing very slightly, as well as giving bloodpoints for stealthing within a certain range of the killer in the survival category.

Nah my Freddy is killer! 
  • MuttonChops
    ad19970 said:

@MuttonChops said:
    ad19970 said:

@MuttonChops said:

ad19970 said:

@MuttonChops said:

ad19970 said:

It's sooooo easy! 

I do like your BP buff ideas though 😍
  • Vert3x
    Vert3x Member Posts: 125

@ad19970 said:

@Vert3x said:

@twistedmonkey said:

I agree with the pallets. While certain maps still have more than enough pallets even after the latest patch, there are some maps that would definitely need a buff to the minimum amount of pallets if gen rush was ever nerfed.
    But the pick up time for killers is fine in my opinion. I mean think about it, it can take quite some time before a good killer player finally downs a survivor if the survivor is good at looping, even now with the recent pallet density nerf, and flash light saves pretty much nullifies all the progress that the killer has made during that chase. So that should be hard to pull of, I wouldn't call people "baby killers" just because they complained about a mechanic like that being unfair.
    Also, when you say that killers should only get a free hook when survivors are bad sounds like you want killers to only get hooks if survivors make mistakes, but that's not how a game should be balanced. If someone is really good with a killer than he should be able to down a good survivor within a fair time without being fully dependent on a survivor making mistakes. Not always of course, survivors also shouldn't be dependent on killers making mistakes in order to survive a chase for more than 30 or 40 seconds, otherwise the game would be too killer sided. I feel like right now they've found a good middle ground regarding chases, you can survive quite some time as a survivor but it feels more balanced now, with killers being a bit more in power than they used to be.

However, I think with a second objective, camping and tunneling would also have to be nerfed. I just can't see any proper gen rush nerf working without nerfing camping and tunneling, or playing survivor would become way too frustrating.

I think I made a mistake while writing: when saying that the killer should only get the really bad survivors, I meant that he shouldn't have the possibility to instantly get them as soon as he finds them, e.g. nurse in general, billy in open fields and things like that. I'm not saying that the survivors shouldn't get caught at a certain point, that'd be a stupid reasoning, I'm saying in general that they should always have a chance to hold a chase rather than instantly dying, that's one of the things that makes you feel worst during the game, when you have a valuable amount of hours in the game it's tough to see yourself dying like that without having a chance to do anything, there's people that take it as is and that won't really care, but I personally get really frustrated by those circumstances.

About flashlight saving, I think that the old animation was fine, the only reason that I'd accept the devs to give is the one about the killer needing more time, but I can't accept that flashlight saving is too strong.
    I know that it's a struggle for the killer to catch some survivors, and that a flashlight save could be really determinant, but flashlight saving requires one survivor to stay off the gens and to spend most of his time after the killer, and still the killer can look into a wall at any time, or either he can bait you at any time.

Any experienced killer can currently, without any additional effort, counter to the fullest the flashlight saves in those ways.
    Before the pickup animation change, though, baiting the survivors sometimes required you to chase them and get them far away from the slug in order to prevent the save, which in my opinion was a decent pricing in order to prevent a survivor that has been after you the whole game to flashlight save.

Now the killer can just pretend like he'll chase you and by the time that you take a minimum safety distance and that he picks the slug up facing the opposite way, you'll be already out of range for it.
    Before that patch, the killer was pretty much required to do something consistent to avoid a flashlight save even when he noticed directly the survivor that wanted to pull it off.

Of course I'm not claiming that it's 100% impossible to get a save with the 3 seconds animation, but you rely on the killer being mindless or bad in order to get to do it, if you use a flashlight on rank one in an attempt to get a save, you won't really ever get to save anyone unless you go up against a boosted killer.

Flashlight saving is currently as reliable as 360s in its current state; it requires skill and practice and still you're never certain whether the killer will fall for it or not, but 360s weren't intended even though the devs are luckily fine with them, whereas timed flashlights blinds have always been a thing and they should give you more chances than the currently do.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

I'm pretty sure everyone switched to Killer because they were already done Survivor, and/or Survivors can't get any more BP from the event like Killers can once they finish.

You know, considering how a ton of people finished Survivor within the first day.

• ad19970

@Vert3x said:

@ad19970 said:

@Vert3x said:

@twistedmonkey said:

I think I made a mistake while writing: when saying that the killer should only get the really bad survivors, I meant that he shouldn't have the possibility to instantly get them as soon as he finds them, e.g. nurse in general, billy in open fields and things like that. I'm not saying that the survivors shouldn't get caught at a certain point, that'd be a stupid reasoning, I'm saying in general that they should always have a chance to hold a chase rather than instantly dying, that's one of the things that makes you feel worst during the game, when you have a valuable amount of hours in the game it's tough to see yourself dying like that without having a chance to do anything, there's people that take it as is and that won't really care, but I personally get really frustrated by those circumstances.

About flashlight saving, I think that the old animation was fine, the only reason that I'd accept the devs to give is the one about the killer needing more time, but I can't accept that flashlight saving is too strong.
    I know that it's a struggle for the killer to catch some survivors, and that a flashlight save could be really determinant, but flashlight saving requires one survivor to stay off the gens and to spend most of his time after the killer, and still the killer can look into a wall at any time, or either he can bait you at any time.

Any experienced killer can currently, without any additional effort, counter to the fullest the flashlight saves in those ways.
    Before the pickup animation change, though, baiting the survivors sometimes required you to chase them and get them far away from the slug in order to prevent the save, which in my opinion was a decent pricing in order to prevent a survivor that has been after you the whole game to flashlight save.

Now the killer can just pretend like he'll chase you and by the time that you take a minimum safety distance and that he picks the slug up facing the opposite way, you'll be already out of range for it.
    Before that patch, the killer was pretty much required to do something consistent to avoid a flashlight save even when he noticed directly the survivor that wanted to pull it off.

Of course I'm not claiming that it's 100% impossible to get a save with the 3 seconds animation, but you rely on the killer being mindless or bad in order to get to do it, if you use a flashlight on rank one in an attempt to get a save, you won't really ever get to save anyone unless you go up against a boosted killer.

Flashlight saving is currently as reliable as 360s in its current state; it requires skill and practice and still you're never certain whether the killer will fall for it or not, but 360s weren't intended even though the devs are luckily fine with them, whereas timed flashlights blinds have always been a thing and they should give you more chances than the currently do.

Ok that makes more sense. I also agree with you on nurse, not a fan of her and find her to be too op, especially with certain add ons. Hillbilly I'm not so sure about. Sure his one shot can be frustrating but I never got the impression that he is op at the moment. Stealthing against him is just more risky because he can one shot you if he gets to close to you.

I also understand your point about flash light saves. But personally I still have to disagree. I mean sure the survivor needs to follow the killer, which prevents him from repairing gens, but that one flash light save still makes killers lose so much time while two survivors can still be repairing gens, and now the killer has even less time to do his objective since gens don't take long to repair. So in my opinion it's just not fair for the killer, and makes playing killer really frustrating. I mean you pretty much are denying him is objective.

However, I have seen people pull off flash light saves even against really good killers. Being stealthy helps, if the killer doesn't know you are near him than you can suprise him. Sometimes survivors also get downed in the open so the killer can't look at a wall to avoid flash lights while picking the survivor up.

Sure slugging and going after anotgher survivor can be helpful, but once again, killers can't always tell if someone is waiting near them with a flash light. And going for the other survivor just makes the killer lose more time since the other survivors are still repairing gens while the killer needs even more time to only get one hook.

• TheAtomicPsycho
    TheAtomicPsycho Member Posts: 15

@TheAtomicPsycho said:

Except you're wrong, as they've already done that. It reduces the time from 40 to 60 or something when 2 survivors are on a gen

The official wiki says it takes 44 seconds.
  • No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

@GodDamn_Angela said:

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

I'm pretty sure everyone switched to Killer because they were already done Survivor, and/or Survivors can't get any more BP from the event like Killers can once they finish.

You know, considering how a ton of people finished Survivor within the first day.

Except u can get vials as both killer and survivor now and for most of the event so thats a silly point

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

But some of the buffs are a bit necessary: they wish the meta to be everchanign, So buffs are to be expected. Survivors are in a state where you love or you hate them, if I’m being frank. I understand the “weak” portion, Sure, but these are human beings who have been through this who knows how many times. Humans are bound to improve. The vaults and other parts are necessary, as we’re to avoid being sacrificed in the first place. This game is not supposed to be easy- but you’ve clearly denied multiple times the claims that some survivors adhere; thus causing the considerable amount of bias in this post. As someone who plays a bit more survivor, this may make me biased, but I acknowledge the fact that I am aware of said bias. I think it’s completely and utterly unfair and disingenuous for you to ask for survivor nerfs, when it could (but not always) being that some killers fail to admit their shortcomings; which has nearly spiked on the forums as of late, but nonetheless, so I presume that you haven’t submitted to the malignant claims both sides have been making, I think you should try playing against a killer of relatively high skill (rank, doesn’t matter: not an excuse.) and then, maybe, you could voice the opinion. I don’t know what platform you’re on, so I merely assumed you’re a personal computer based player; making the truth a bit hard to swallow. For what I’ve played, Dead by a Daylight is much harder on PC for survivors (in some areas) than killers, who have complete mouse support.