DBD Has Hit A New Low

Wow... I honestly did not think that you guys could release an update even worse than A Binding of Kin.

After the backlash from the last chapter update, I thought BHVR had learned something based on all the feedback and the statement released. After leaving my own feedback (see below) I was left feeling reluctantly optimistic for what was to come, holding onto the hope that the devs had learned to take player feedback into consideration and not ignore us. Sadly, that wasn't the case.

My Post:

This mid-chapter update is the worst DBD has felt in a long, long time. I'll try to quickly sum up my thoughts.

NEW UI

After BHVR intentionally ignored their players' feedback on the UI, thinking that they know better than us with the lame excuse that "console players didn't get to try" we got the awful new UI. Hi BHVR! It's me, a console player! Guess what? The new UI is even worse on console. Why do I need to turn my head to look at every corner of the screen for basic information that was all centralized in one spot last time? Nice red-on-red debuffs BTW, that isn't bas design at all. Oh yeah, why the 3D renders turned into 2D sprites? It's ugly. You'd think the new UI would at least be consistent but I guess not? Seriously...?

I'm not saying that the old UI was absolutely flawless, and the hook counter additions were pretty good, as well as having a way to identify each survivor, but it's literally an example of bad video game UI, and could've been executed much better.

NEW ANImations

I'm not too frustrated with these, and the new locomotion and animations are mostly fine, but they do definitely need some polishing. The head turning, standing, and moonwalking animations all look really awkward. While I like the idea of survivors standing straight up for once like normal people, it currently looks awkward, and the players have been saying this since we've seen it.

CLown Update

Mostly fine, but the new bottle isn't good, actually wasting more time than is being saved by switching and throwing a speed bottle, which survivors can also benefit from. Here's an idea I had:

"Generous" Killer Hits

I honestly did not think the "latency" could get any worse, but here we are. I'll let the clips speak for themselves.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CoyDignifiedLocustBigBrother

If your big name content creators are speaking out against you guys, like Monto, JRM, and even No0b3 then you know you've don't something wrong. :/

I am genuinely frustrated with the state this update was release in, and done with DBD until the devs get off their high horse and listen to their players.

Comments

• danstyx
    danstyx Member Posts: 8

I'm just sad, they ruined the movement. I couldn't give two damns about the UI or how the game looks, just don't remove jukes & 360s, it's literally what separates a casual survivor from an experienced one. I don't understand why they didn't remove it years ago, they set themselves up for this.