If you believe The Devs deserve praise for 4.5.0, show your support here!

Support only please.

There’s already enough Negative Nancy posts elsewhere, so take it there instead if you don’t like something about this patch.

I personally love EVERYTHING that came in this update. If you love it too, say so. If you love just specific things, tell us about them.

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

I just like the animations. Except the idle one, but the sneaking one, walking, being injured (walking+running), being on the ground, recovering on that ground - all look cool to me.

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517

Clowns a blast, love how much more tactical you can be with him, and the new maps are nice. Game is definitely not unplayable like others say

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587

The Wraith change, making him fully invisible from a certain range, was a much needed buff for ages now.

• AqviK
    AqviK Member Posts: 21

I really like new animations and Diversion and Fixated Buffs

Now I use fixated + lucky break + iron will so I'm a truly ninja

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

He has so much more strategic nuance now. I love it. It makes him harder to use to get the most out of him, but I think that’s a very healthy way to have a killer designed.

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517

Mhm and also I personally think undying got buffed, Im loving devour undying, seems strong, had clown suck on so many fingers yesterday.

• Nullclines
    Nullclines Member Posts: 232

I love the map reworks, and the new chase music made me laugh when I first heard it.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I know everyone loves Undying with Devour now, but I personally love it with Third Seal. It causes HUGE stall and chaos when slugging, which is Clowns primary pressure tool. Especially for SWF reliant on sharing info with their Rainbow Maps and OoO. So getting everyone Blind but STILL keeping all 4 tokens upon first cleanse is awesome.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,933

I love everything! The game seems to run better as well. One of the best updates in my opinion.

• Skaels
    Skaels Member Posts: 92

Asking for no negative feedback in a forum dedicated to feedback.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,710

I definitely like the changes they've made to the clown. It added some more variety to his gameplay, making him more interesting to play. The new maps look absolutely fantastic too.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

I like the new maps and the new animations, and other than the placement of the gens I like the new UI too. Clown feels fun and his bottles seem somewhat useful.

• Mileena_Kahn
    Mileena_Kahn Member Posts: 600

I personally love everything about the update other than the hit boxes on survivor at the moment. New HUD is fine to me while the other 97% hate it. Also, the map reworks are great, I would like to try the new fixated but haven’t gotten around to it yet. All in all I’m happy.

• Skaels
    edited February 2021

Please don't be negative, we can't do that.

edit: Should we start flaming people who voice their praise for changes in the other discussion topics? Are we not allowed to communicate. Why the seperation?

• Yehzue
    Yehzue Member Posts: 60

love most of the new animations only a few are meh but overall great

• Karna5
    Karna5 Member Posts: 34

I supported them by spending another 20 bucks on the game yesterday. This is my feedback to them I have faith they'll continue to have an excellent game.

I do wish they'd have followed the rule to never take away features people might like. If they wanted a new UI, they could have made a configurable one instead of one designed to be good for tiny screens but much worse for large screens (I play on a 50 inch monitor 2 feet from it).

Another issue with the update was it introduced some bugs and server side disconnects, but those can be fixed.

With regard to the topic of this thread, however, I support the dev team. I will continue to give them money.

• Mileena_Kahn
    Mileena_Kahn Member Posts: 600

The OP wants positivity and no negativity. You’re trying to start the fire. Let’s just leave it at that.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

it is okay to like what this update brought, just keep in mind you are part of a small minority of players. I aesthetically loved "the game" graphic overhaul, not balance-wise in the slightest.

• Nadda
    Nadda Member Posts: 1

I like what they've done with the game it feels much cleaner now overall! The attention to detail is greatly appreciated.

I also like to ode to the old players with the first section of the rift being a moon bouquet charm. Brings back funny memories to all the greyed out moon offerings in my inventory.

Looking forward to the graphical updates for the remaining maps. Keep up the good work dev team!

• Skaels
  • km66
    km66 Member Posts: 111

Of course killer mains are loving it, lol.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

I like a lot of things from this update, and I think the good outweighs the bad:

• Love the walking, running & crawling animations. The idle one definitely needs to be tweaked but as for the rest, I love how they look a tad bit more realistic. My only complaint is that you cannot swerve nor can you 360 anymore :(
    • Love the map reworks they did for Chapel, Disturbed Ward & The Game. I think the Chapel & Ward are well done & are really nice graphical wise. The Game needs to be looked at about dead ends & too many god pallets, but besides that I love that they implemented more Saw references.
    • Clown's soundtrack is a bop & you cannot tell me otherwise. My first game going against him, I was genuinely scared when I heard his music because I completely forgot they gave him one & needless to say I went down quick. Was it worth it though? Hell yeah!
    • As for the killer buffs, I think Wraith got the best treatment here. He definitely isn't stronger than he was but now he might have a chance of actually sneaking up on people in open maps. Trapper & Clown.. I feel like they need more buffs than that, but atleast the devs tried.
    • You can crouch n flashlight now.. nuff said.
    • Last but not least (assuming I didn't miss anything), the UI. I really like the portraits & the hook counter although I don't like where they repositioned it. I personally don't think it's as bad as everyone says it is, but I will say that it didn't need to be changed. I'm probably going to get used to it though, so it's fine.

I do think the devs released an update that should've been delayed, but despite that I applaud them for doing an amazing job on trying to make the game more immersive & balanced.

• Skaels

Boy this thread is really blowing up compared to the 60 page banger on the full criticism and feedback at the top of the page. It's pretty obvious everyone loves it. Otherwise why would steam be -300% in negative reviews and the Discord is being spammed with cooking recipes to drown out the haters.

This game is on fire right now, be afraid.

• XayahXRakanFTW
    XayahXRakanFTW Member Posts: 55

Same here people can have their opinions but screaming at the devs because they implemented a few changes the UI (which were needed for the sake of QoL) is just ridiculous.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

The graphics on the reworked maps look good.

Demogorgon’s new outfit looks good. The head and arms can make some really interesting combos with its previous outfit. You can make it look like Demo is starting to mutate into a new form.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

In short.. yes. I don’t necessarily agree with or support every little thing BHVR does all the time but that is completely normal and expected.

A lot of effort was clearly put in and I am enjoying 4.5.0 very much.

I like spending some time on this forum as well so seeing the constant negativity started to get under my skin a bit. I regretfully made a childish post about “this forum and BHVR in a nutshell” and posted a few pics of babies crying in their mothers arms because it seems like the posts and even streams are full of nonstop whining. Again it was pointless, stupid, and childish of me but I suppose being bored and annoyed got the better of me this time.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

The Clown update is pretty neat.

The Nurse looks pretty nice.

The new Crotus Prenn and Giddeon Meat Plant look ######### amazing.

Ruin Undying needed to die so I'm glad that's been addressed.

I'm happy about the buffs to underutilized survivor perks.

The Wraith changes are supper nice. Not just the invisibility, he is now more capable to mindgame certain tiles with his extended speed up. It's almost like pig's dash in a way.

Above all I am super duper happy with the fact they decided to show us stuff earlier in their development cycle (the OoO and DS changes). This kind of transparency would save them a lot of effort if they take feedback early instead of wasting time, money and energy developing something that ends up being poorly received. I hope they do this more. I really do.

The crawling animation and some other animation transitions look pretty good. It kinda makes me wish killers had some transitional animations for things like looking from side to side, since from the survivor's perspective it just looks like the killer is spinning on a record player XD