Played the update loving it so far!

Options
Hero_awesome
Hero_awesome Member Posts: 301
edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Sometimes I don't agree with the Dev's decisions and such. I am a killer main at heart but play both roles respectably. I was worried about this update and already heard so much negative things about it. Once I played it though I actually found myself enjoying all of the new changes.

UI: While I'm on the fence about them completely reworking it I still love the new Hud. Seeing your character your playing with the faces and your name is awesome. Love the injured slash effect. Only complaint I have is the slugging bar is quite small. I couldn't see how much time they were on the ground.

Clown: Definitely top tier now. The faster reload is definitely great. I'm not a huge fan of the speed bottle because it doesn't really feel like it works sometimes. 10% is so minor I really didn't see a difference.

Game map: Looks great and feels the same with new graphics. I had slight frame issues but nothing too major like other people have.

New Character movement: It feels weird and still in development. I don't hate it just still think it needs work.

Very happy with the mid-chapter release. Keep up the good work over there devs.

Comments

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305
    Options

I'm pretty certain this is sarcastic, but if in the small chance it isn't, then Clown definitely is NOT top tier xD

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

-Said no one ever

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Yeah,there are more than enough reasons to hate the new update

• tomas11403
    tomas11403 Member Posts: 121
    Options

Ok. The UI and movement is your opinion, you are entitled to your own opinion, so I won't argue with that. However, saying that clown is now top tier is simply untrue. Clown has been changed so minimally that I don't see how he has moved up at all. Yes, the shortened reload is nice but that certainly doesn't bump him up a tier by himself. So I assume you are saying that his Yellow bottles have bumped him up a tier.

Here are the statistics for the Antidote:

• You gain a 10% movement speed increase for 5 seconds
    • After the bottle lands, it takes 2.5 seconds to begin giving off this effect
    • Bottle is thrown in the same way as normal Afterpiece tonic

That's literally it. That's all that has been changed, aside from 2 seconds less of reload time. There are basically only two uses of this bottle, which are in chase and map pressure. I can tell you that from a few games of clown, these bottles do almost nothing for map pressure. You have to throw them far enough that you already have covered a large distance before you get the effect. Not only that, but some simple math can let you know exactly how much distance you are gaining, so let's take a look at that.

10% faster for 5 seconds. 10% is referring to 10% of survivor movement, which is 4 meters per second. 10% of 4 is 0.4. Therefore every second you gain an extra 0.4 meters, so multiply that by 5 and you get 2 meters. This also means that given that you are 5.0 m/s while affected by the anitdote, you are saving less than half a second of you time by using one of these bottles for map pressure. 2 meters of extra distance does not warrant the use of one of your bottles, even with the increased reload speed it just isn't worth your time. So Clown's map pressure if basically the same as it was before.

Now in chase, this little half a second or 2 meters that I just discussed can be beneficial, because these small distances matter much more. It may be the difference between getting or hit or getting stunned by a pallet. But this doesn't really happen. I played 5-6 games of Clown yesterday, and I just couldn't see any reason to use the antidote in chase. This is because any opportunity you have to use the antidote, it is more effective to use your normal afterpiece tonic. This is not only because it slows the survivor by 15% (5% more than the speed increase), but also because the antidote takes 2.5 seconds to release, meaning not only is it time consuming, but if the survivor takes different pathing in a loop, you may not even have time to get your speed boost.

Overall, I don't see how the Antidote Tonic is in helpful in any way, I genuinely believe that you will be better off just playing clown without the new bottles. At least the extra reload speed is nice, and now we have confetti bottles :)

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    Options

I love that the bus on autohaven is now a safe loop that survivors can use but killers hit a invisible wall.