Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

[PC] The Emblem System and Pips are broken

Comments

• Pepo01
    Pepo01 Member Posts: 2

Same bug... went from rank 2 with 3 pips to rank 3 with 2 pips...

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

So when it said +2 on pips when I should've had -1 I did received -1. I just had a match where I should've pipped +1, it said -2 and I went down -2. 😒

• This is also occurring on Switch.

Was a rank 4 with one pip. Played one match and now am back to a 5, despite the game telling me I black pipped for the match.

• CryptFriend
    CryptFriend Member Posts: 416

I just noticed this actually--I was so focused on the archive challenges, that I didn't notice I was steadily de-pipping until this game--thought it might have just been a visual change to the "progress" bar, but judging by everyone else, it's a bug...

• ShinonAyanami
    ShinonAyanami Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2021

After losing 5 pips and deranking from Level 2 (with 4 pips) to 3 in a row I made some screenshots. Because in every round the "unbroken" sector is really broken XD. Being killed as third person or even last person doesnt give you any progress in "unbroken" sector in the most times. Thanks for this update. Really well made and your quality management really works well before releasing updates ;). In my last round I also got at DC when I was on hook in second phase. The same thing happend to a premate one round before -.- .

• KriminaLxRR
    KriminaLxRR Member Posts: 1

My friends and I are also having the same issues. We're on the ps4. Survival category is broke. And I'm guessing other categories might be too. Guess I'll find out tomorrow when I get on again.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

@Peanits Is it possible to disable pips (or at least depipping) as long as it is broken? Rank Reset is in 2 days and we all are getting to ranks we shouldn't be.

Thank You.

• korfbal
    korfbal Member Posts: 1

On PC. Just lost 3 pips in one single game. Hope they fix this soon

• LapisInfernalis

That's bad. I lost 2 complete ranks since the update. i was rank 2, now with one more depip i'm rank 5 again. I stopped playing survivor because of this and rank reset in 2 days.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I'm afraid of playing Survivor because now I'm Purple rank, I don't want to reach Green before the reset and being back to Yellow with no way to rank up even when I'm supposed to win a pip or two.

• Lunarkinesis
    Lunarkinesis Member Posts: 2

Started the update as Rank 5 with four pips. Now I'm Rank 8 with no pips. Even when I survive sometimes the Unbroken emblem shows as blank. Somehow lost two pips after one match last night. At this point I don't want to play Survivor.

• slayer925
    slayer925 Member Posts: 26

Yes, I won't play anymore until fixed

• TPON
    TPON Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2021

Try playing the game yourself. And put on a patch. Do it right. It's full of bugs. My investment in DBD is such a waste of fools.

• TheMadCat

I hesitate to play now because of the bug... Let's hope it's getting fixed pretty soon. Like right now. XD

• TheMadCat

I'm a Survivor main, I'm pretty bad at Killer... But here I have an occasion to improve, especially since the Rift is open and I can done some challenges.

Do you know when we could expect a fix for this? I bought the game four months ago, I'm not too familiar with emergency patches.

• LapisInfernalis

Depends. Normally it takes them a week for the first hotfix and another for some balance stuff. Sometimes bugs won't get fixed for months. I really can't tell.

I asked one of the Devs if they could at least disable emblems/pips for now. I don't know if they can do it.

Let's just hope they can fix it soon.

• TheMadCat
    edited February 2021

I don't see myself living months of this bug... A week seems already very long to me. But you're right, let's hope they have time to fix it soon.

Edit: I can't believe what I will say but... I just done the "hit twice a Survivor after a Blink" with The Nurse and... I love playing her. It feels so rewarding each time I was able to hit right after a Blink. I think I will actually have some fun playing Killer. I tested Oni, PH, Wraith and Doctor, but Nurse fits me for now.

Post edited by TheMadCat on
  • nali_nah
    nali_nah Member Posts: 11

I have the same problem 😫😫😫

• DarkerRoses
    DarkerRoses Member Posts: 1

I also have this issue. I either get exactly "75 Escaped" gold unbroken emblem if I've escaped the trial, or I get no emblem and no points at all in the unbroken category if I die no matter how long I've survived. I also lost a pip when another player disconnected while loading into the match and the match was cancelled, even though that shouldn't have made me lose a pip. Hopefully this will be fixed soon...

• odamaway
    odamaway Member Posts: 4

the same thing is happening to me.

• LapisInfernalis
    edited February 2021

I just had this one. This is the best I've seen so far:

I was rank 5 with 2 pips before. Emblems say I double pipped, game sayes I single pipped, end game screen says I triple pipped lol.

• TheMadCat

@LapisInfernalis Good one! 😹

• Lunarkinesis
    Lunarkinesis Member Posts: 2

This is so broken it's comical. Like, how can you do anything but laugh at this point?

• ShinonAyanami
    ShinonAyanami Member Posts: 2

I noticed, that the killer has the opposite bug. You get +2 pip, when it should not happen.

• Nyr0
    Nyr0 Member Posts: 17

The same is happening to me I kinda figured it out though, in order for you to pip up you would have to escape or the killer would have to DC.... at this point you can only safe pip when you died even though it shows you piped up

We all died in the game, and I didn't pip up even though it clearly says I did....

• LapisInfernalis

Yep, I noticed that too. played about 5 or 6 "Evil Incarnate" Myers matches. Normally I should depip the way how I play it. I blackpipped every time.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

Its definitely bugged right now. Literally just depipped because the unbroken category registered nothing at the end of the match. It also felt like I didn't receive half the points I would've gotten in a match where I just did 3 gens, unhooked and healed a survivor, healed another from dying state, opened 2 chests and cleansed a totem. Yet I still depipped... Can this new rank system go live please so I can just stop caring about rank now? Thanks...

• TheMadCat

During their latest stream, they said MMR was calculating in the back, and they will add new calculation for the mid-chapter.

I'm wondering if the broken ranking system is due to this new element. I don't know why, but the fact one of the developpers (I don't remember his name) said that MMR was not only "you killed everyone/you escaped" made me think of it. As we apparently can safety pip only if we escape.

• Kilariolas
    Kilariolas Member Posts: 3

I'm crying at rank 4.

Plzzz !!!

Do something

• Ethoriast
    Ethoriast Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2021

I am also having these issues. De-pipped from rank 1 to rank 5. Having most of the issues already listed.

Forgot to mention I'm on PC through Steam.

• LapisInfernalis

Well.... See it this way: you are still on red ranks with Rank Reset coming tomorrow. I'm rank 5 now. XD

• TheMadCat

Someone disconnected during the loading screen and I lost two pips...

• Hellrell1906
    Hellrell1906 Member Posts: 2

As the killer - The match was canceled because a player disconnected and I lost a pip, offering, and one add on

• frogathy
    frogathy Member Posts: 7

ive only gotten a pip once and ive been playing a lot the past few days. when i get deranked, the entire rank has no pips when it should only be missing one. this happened twice. i also got a match where a player disconnected during loading and i lost not one but TWO pips. theres also visual glitches where after a match it shows me as rank 20, but the corner is my actual rank. its all jus bs n im really sad :( i just wanna play dude

(and also i always get the black emblem even if i survived a long time and i just hdhjdbdjdjdj)

• dinomazing
    dinomazing Member Posts: 119

honestly, they should just skip this month's rank reset until this is fixed. we're getting kicked back further than the reset would do to us anyway. and killers can just enjoy being able to grind for higher rank longer.

• airii
    airii Member Posts: 41

I can confirm this is NOT true as I had two matches in row when I got one bar above the safety pip, once I got -1 progress second time it was 0 progress as it should be. Also got -1 for reaching +1 pip and even got +2 progress after reaching +2 pip as we are supposed to. Its just broken, its not a new system :(

• odamaway
    odamaway Member Posts: 4

again

• TheUnsub
    TheUnsub Member Posts: 5

I have had this same issue since the update. survive or not, I don't get any points in unbroken emblem. and I have had lost pips on matches it said I black pipped on. I am on PC.

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499
  • maxkang
    maxkang Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2021

Still has this issue... Hope they could fix it as soon as possible. I have to stop playing before I lose the red rank.

Post edited by maxkang on
  • TheMadCat

Yes, I was thinking it was shifted but it's actually random. Good point.

• Vyerg
    Vyerg Member Posts: 2

It's pretty cool to break even and still lose a pip :D

• Vyerg
    Vyerg Member Posts: 2

It's also pretty cool to get a blackout in unbroken for no reason at all

• Kill_Yr_Idol83
    Kill_Yr_Idol83 Member Posts: 213

Rank reset should be cancelled this month until the bug in the emblem system is fixed.

• Focus
    Focus Member Posts: 14

Killer emblems are busted too. Lost out on 3 adept achievements today.

• Nevrion
    Nevrion Member Posts: 15

I think they also should expand the time to complete the rift season because of this. I mean, I got zero points in Unbroken, too. No matter how long I survived. The more matches I would play to complete the rift, the more -1 pip I get like this.

• Golab
    Golab Member Posts: 2

Yeah had this issue today after rank reset. But since the update its been causing me to depip all the time, it's really frustrating and the new unbroken emblem is just messed up as well. Gold unbroken even though I died near the end of the game? For a split second, it said I was back to rank 13 then straight back to 14?

• slayer925
    slayer925 Member Posts: 26

Played today after the reset. Still the same broken unbroken emblem

• Jussiecase
    Jussiecase Member Posts: 6

Same problem here. Went from a rank 6/7 to rank 10. Got reset to 13. :') What a bummer!