[PC] The Emblem System and Pips are broken

Options

Comments

• Psychedelic
    Psychedelic Member Posts: 13
    Options

I've just deranked from r4 to r10. On my way to r20. Will the devs do smth about lost ranks???

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649
    Options

No I'm pretty sure they can't give back the ranks you lost. If you care about your rank then you should stop playing until they fix the bug. That's the smart thing to do.

• slayer925
    slayer925 Member Posts: 26
    Options

Yep, sad because the rift thing, but playing in this state is not fun

• Psychedelic
    Options

Nvm, I want to play right now, so screw the ranks. xD

• MagickDream
    MagickDream Member Posts: 6
    Options

Yep... Have had this happen all night on stream. We ended up testing too for console and if you do KYF you actually will lose ranks Live. It saves rank progress.

So.... Having to postpone a monthly tournament until this is fixed. 😑

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649
    Options

Well, don’t come back here complaining and asking for your lost ranks back then :)

• Psychedelic
    Options

Why not? I'm pissed enough to complain, but not enough to stop playing. xD

• gingeworthy
    gingeworthy Member Posts: 10
    Options

Has anyone seen an ETA on getting this bug fixed, that I missed somewhere on social or in the forums? :(

I ended up falling out of red ranks to purple before I noticed what exactly was happening, I just thought I was losing my mind. I've completely stopped playing until this is fixed, which is a bummer because I want to enjoy the event and work on the rift. Not to mention that with rank reset I'm now down to green.

I had submitted a ticket for this back on the 11th, but the response was just that "QA is working on it", and "Unfortunately, we won't be able to give you a timeline as to when we can expect this to be fixed, but we promise that the team will get to work on this as soon as possible."

• madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190
    Options

Actually, the devs turned it "up to 11" yesterday for me...I played 5 separate games, all games ended with "disconnected from server" dialog, followed by another "error something something" dialog on kickback to home menu (which needs net connection so I guess I did have it after all).....oh and obviously a -2pip penalty for each match, and a (constant) 5 min penalty afterwards.

I used the last 2 of those matches for testing fully expecting the same outcome. Restarted both DBD and Steam after the 3rd match dc. I also started a continuous ping probe running in the background on 8.8.8.8 to make sure my connection was actually stable....and it was. After the 4th, I again exited DBD,ran a file state verification through steam, then closed both and rebooted (hoping that this was caused by some windows update issue that needed to finish initializing. Unfortunatelly, the 5th match ended in dc as well.

I can't for the life of me figure out how a small-scale update could ever lead to such unbelievably disasterous results for what seems like the majority of the player-base. The devs (likely multiple teams given the range of changes) who worked on 4.5.0 must have worked off of task lists and check lists, as well as ran fundamental unit tests to make sure the core logic is still functional.

My post-update experience is analogous to tetris getting a UI update, which ends up making the cleared lines to eventually start descending from the top causing automatic game over.....yet apparently not a single person from QA seeing how this might be an issue.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

I feel you, I was red rank, fell to purple, I wasn't able to get any pip because of the bug, and I'm green now after the rank reset.

All I saw about the issue is on Twitter:

I also read that the first part of the reworked HUD will be part of a second patch, I do hope the ranking system will be on the first patch and coming next week... (I mean, it's still Sunday where I live.) I don't see myself waiting too long. Taking a break until it's fixed would be fine if the Rift wasn't opened. I want the Yui's head from tier 70...

• Jussiecase
    Jussiecase Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2021
    Options

Honestly I do not want to be trash talking but am I the only one that thinks that its taking way too long to fix such a urgent gamebreaking bug? I feel like they could've at least temporaily disabled the ranking till it's fixed so people can still do their challenges and the rift without deranking every game. Thats what they do on most of the games in my experience especially if ranked is the only option to play on.

Any developer that can give us a ETA? I am really looking forward to play, and again I don't wanna spill tea. I'm just curious about how things are at the moment, and if it's actually being worked on in the weekend.

Edit: also maybe a good idea to release bigger updates on the 13th when ranks reset instead of in the middle of ranking :) just because this update was a huge difference in gameplay as well and I feel that made the last days of ranking unfair anyway in general, even if there was no ranking bug. Just an idea!

• ARatherStrangeKiller
    Options

Not sure if I'm the first one to notice it or point it out, if someone else has in this thread then I have missed it and I apologize, but I'm seeing a trend in terms of the weird pipping and the broken emblem. It seems like almost every time someone does get the Unbroken emblem, the pips are wonky but those who don't get the emblem have their pips act like normal. So I'm beginning to think that whatever is wrong with the Unbroken emblem is directly impacting pips.

• slayer925
    Options

Well you are right in my 3 games (blank emblem, ok pips) but the blood pips were red when I got only the black one (that was OK, and if emblem worked, I would had only 1 pip), so must be an issue with that too

• Bhvrisshitaf
    Bhvrisshitaf Member Posts: 3
    Options

Again this amateurs delivered major league BS. Cant pip...jfc. This company is a bunch of...

• Chaoseti
    Chaoseti Member Posts: 13
    Options

I just experienced this, I got 2 pips from this last game I just played. The summary / points screen showed that I went back up to Rank 4. Unbroken was gold (I escaped via hatch) but once I left the game and loaded back to menu my rank was still 5 and I only received 1 pip.

I sadly didn't think about taking a screenshot of the final screen before leaving that match. :(

In every other game if I am sacrificed I have no unbroken emblem and pip +/- looks to act normal.

• BrotherNemesis
    BrotherNemesis Member Posts: 2
    Options

Just adding that I have the same issue. Whenever I die in a match I get 0 unbroken points no matter how long I stay in. See pics below:

Does this ^ look right? It don't look right to me.

The perks I had on were Inner Strength, Detective's Hunch, Boil Over, and Saboteur:

Only seems to happen when I die, the game before I lived and was able to receive my correct Unbroken points. Lemme know when this issue gets fixed. Please and thank you.

• Grimsmack
    Grimsmack Member Posts: 3
    Options

This is annoying. I’ve had 3 matches in a row over a couple of days (I play sporadically) and NO Unbroken emblem ranking. Luckily I didn’t lose a pip this last time, but I should have got one.... is there a way to get compensated for this?

• ShimmerBiscuits
    ShimmerBiscuits Member Posts: 23
    Options

Still happening any ETA on fixing this.

• LeFusion
    LeFusion Member Posts: 6
    Options

Simply amazing... On the last page if I remembered correctly I got 34K points.. but still a +0. 1 update and the game is broken...

• wig
    wig Member Posts: 18
    edited February 2021
    Options
  • frogathy
    frogathy Member Posts: 7
    Options

its pretty awesome to lose a pip when a player disconnects during loading. :):):):)):):):)):):):):) twice :)

• ColdKill3r
    ColdKill3r Member Posts: 9
    Options

I mean, how come no response yet? It has been days.

• Rizer
    Rizer Member Posts: 95
    edited February 2021
    Options

These dev's are garbage... how the hell do they release a new tome and a broken update all at once? What's the point of even playing this garbage any more?

• Jussiecase
    Jussiecase Member Posts: 6
    Options

Is it already fixed?

• slayer925
    edited February 2021
    Options

They say unbroken emblem bug fix is in here :

• Losing pips even though you appear to have safety pipped: Fixed in 4.5.2 (this was a visual bug where the game would incorrectly show you a higher quality emblem that you actually earned)

But that says 4.5.2 (¿?!!) and visual bug. Are you kidding me?

• RoachesDelight
    RoachesDelight Member Posts: 312
    edited February 2021
    Options

What a nonsense bug honestly. Makes the game almost unplayable for me. I play the game cause I think it's a lot of and I enjoy the grind of getting to level one and doing my best to keep it. This just kills that for me as I know even a safety pip is gonna make my rank drop. This bug is a big yikes on the developers part. (I play on PS5)

• maxkang
    maxkang Member Posts: 4
    Options

Still not fixed? Wow, just wow...

• ColdKill3r
    Options

Really? We depip even when someone disconnects. WE DIDN'T EVEN PLAY AND WE DEPIP. Do they even play their own game?

And there are plenty of times when you get 3 reds, nothing for unbroken (because it is bugged) and yet, no pipping. The ranked system is just broken. It happens almost every trial (I would say about 4 out of 5).

• satanovsyn
    satanovsyn Member Posts: 37
    Options

Killer PIP UP from SavePIP..... Oposite than survivors. Are you BHVR preparing something like that for new ranking system?

Suspicious

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

They want to tell us we are suddenly bad at the game I guess. No way I depipped straight from rank 2 to almost rank 5 in 2 days with decent matches.

• DieGräfin
    DieGräfin Member Posts: 227
    edited February 2021
    Options

A new update comes and unbroken is still broken. What the.....

• kaoraku
    kaoraku Member Posts: 247
    Options

Unbroken still broken... If you not get out, it WILL BE empty. No matter how long you alive, if you died, you will depip.

• slayer925
    edited February 2021
    Options

For first time after like 10 games, i got golden unbroken when dead. But yes, this is visual bug, because I got depiped when it said +0. This is fixed in 4.5.2. BUT there's the unbroken bug, blank or gold only, that I'm not sure if it is fixed in 4.5.2...

• MrVecetti
    MrVecetti Member Posts: 41
    Options

Can confirm, Unbroken emblem is still broken.

• swampf0etus
    swampf0etus Member Posts: 4
    Options

I’m on XBox and the Unbroken emblem is wrong after the 4.5.1 update. Play long games and last one to die and get nothing in Unbroken. If I escape I get gold. Infuriating.

• kaoraku
    edited February 2021
    Options

I just disconnected after some epic tunnel. Got +1 pip...

• frogathy
    frogathy Member Posts: 7
    Options

unbroken is still broken after the patch

• deadites
    deadites Member Posts: 2
    Options

I'm on Xbox and it's still broken. Usually by now I should be back to rank 9 or 10 but I'm stuck at 14.

• lomogeek
    lomogeek Member Posts: 1
    Options

player disconnected while map was loading and lost a pip. :(

• Nevrion
    Nevrion Member Posts: 15
    Options

Yes, the last fix didn't solve that issue. How is that even possible to destroy the pip ranking system, that totally worked fine and there was no need to change anything on it?

• Nancy911
    Nancy911 Member Posts: 7
    Options

Please someone let us know when the bug is fixed and we can return to the game. The last patch said it was fixed but it was not - then again it was also called "visual bug".

• LapisInfernalis
    Options

That's programming. You fix one bug and then 100 others appear at locations you didn't even know were connected to that. My friend put it like this:

There is a lightswitch next to the elevator. The light is on constantly. You want to save energy so you want to switch off the light, but there is a note above the switch. It says "Turning off the light shuts down the elevator as well".

That's quite unique. Are you sure you pipped by looking at your rank in the corner? I had a similar situation as well were the game sayed i doublepipped, but I only got one pip:

The tally screen sayed something completely different as well:

It's comletely busted and NOT just a visual bug as they claim.

How would I depip 80% of my matches when I die (= black unbroken), while the other emblems are fine. I know what I do during the match. I got a feeling for my emblem progression. I have do work double not to depip in case I die.

• LapisInfernalis
    Options

Losing pips in a private match was fixed. This stuff here will be fixed in the next patch.

• ColdKill3r
    Options

It is nearly impossible to be a rank 1 survivor right now. LOL

• kaoraku
    Options

Well it is not mentioned to be in that patch, but honestly - it is normal that they put live an update, what ######### up so many things? And then not roll back, but "we will fix 2 weeks from now"? And we talking about emblem and rank system, not some boobphysics or a vizual glitch on a clothing.

• odamaway
    odamaway Member Posts: 4
    Options

######### you behavior

• onyxteeth
    onyxteeth Member Posts: 1
    Options

i de-ranked from 7 to 10 because of this, it's still happening. when i gain 1 pip, it gives me 0. i need to pip up twice to pip up JUST once.

• Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother Member Posts: 149
    Options