Idea for a new Anti-Tunnel Perk

gatsby
gatsby Member Posts: 2,533
edited February 2021 in Creations

Ride or Die

The perk activates when you are healthy and within 16m of an injured Survivor.

While the perk is active, your Aura is revealed and you gain the Exposed Status Effect.

While the perk is active, the closest injured Survivor gains the Endurance Status Effect.

Becoming injured, downed or leaving 16m deactivates the perk.

"I won't leave you. Not now, not ever. You're my ride or die"

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,736

I thought it will be "another OP second chance perk" but this one as a concept sounds interesting.

However, I think 16m range is too big. Maybe like 8 meters so Killer have better chance / motive to hunt the other person. 16m sounds like you can be in save place from killer (palet, T walls, etc.) from a distance and "abuse" this perk and Kiler then can't hit anyone.

Also, that Exposed effect should last at least like 10-15 seconds.

Also, maybe it would be nice if that perk would be "once per trial" (after killer hits the survivor protected by endurance status effect).

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    edited February 2021

Seems awful. It's asking for the killer to slug the survivor with this perk and then down the injured survivor in an unhooking situation. It also easily effects situations outside of tunneling, either by accident or could be used to decent effect, negative and positive. There are also very strong synergies with this perk.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,026

DS is the only anti-tunnel perk we will ever need.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

No offense, but I really don't think we need another anti-tunnel perk. Tunneling in general is a core issue with the game and is something the devs have yet to actually fix for real.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

Where is the anti-tunnel part ?

This is just the survivor doesnt go down because you are there.

• DevilSad
    DevilSad Member Posts: 24

This is brilliant! Instead of abusing the killer with a penalty, you're enticing them with an incitive. Talk about the carrot not the stick. On top of that, this perk might encourage more risk taking and GENUINELY altruistic behavior from survivors, while also subtly teaching killers a healthier way to play.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

You get it. I was also thinking that Survivors that gain the Exposed effect could be highlighted by Killer Instinct for a few seconds just to make it really obvious the perk was in use. It would also be a cool buff to expose perks and killers. Myers especially because it would give a snapshot of all the Survivors when he hits Tier 3

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

good idea

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,705

I don’t see this being used really.

Babysitter seems like a perk that tries to do something similar but isn’t really used as well.