The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Six perks system

Entità
Entità Member Posts: 1,583
edited March 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
I'm a perfectionist and suddenly had the mental view of the following ordinate progression of characters' development:
1) 5th level = 2nd perk slot;
2) 10th level = 3rd perk slot;
3) 15th level = 4th perk slot;
4) 20th level = 5th perk slot;
5) 25th level = 6th perk slot;
6) 30th level = 1st teachable perk;
7) 35th level = 2nd teachable perk;
8) 40th level = 3rd teachable perk;
9) 45th level = 3 perks per Bloodweb;
10) 50th level = 4 perks per Bloodweb.

Consider this:
A)
today there are 59 survivors' perks and 54 killers' perks;
B.)
the Plague and Jane Romero will be released within a few days, so 3 new survivors' perks and 3 new killers' perks are going to be introduced;
C) a new chapter will be released every three months: the perk stockpile will earn 24 new perks every year, 12 per role;
D)
killer's META and survivor's META have already been set: without adding new slots, new perks won't ever be used;
E) six slots imply more combinations of perks, a richer gameplay and a better longevity.

Regarding the icons' graphic appearance, with the six perks system implemented, the perks will become hexagons and the offerings rotated squares, of course.

First solution: the six perks system is adopted for all players with appropriate balance changes.
About balance, if that reform were implemented with the 5-level rarity system restored ( https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/28110/about-restoring-the-5-level-rarity-system-for-perks ), the Devs could impose some restrictions about the maximum number of ultra rare and very rare perks that can be equipped by every single survivor (for example, 2 ultra rare, 2 very rare and 2 rare perks), while the killer should not suffer any limitation. Otherwise, the fifth and sixth perks of the survivors could be unlocked after a certain number of seconds or hooks or when they meet certain conditions, while the killer should enjoy six perks from the trial beginning.
Other balance proposals:
1) to improve the totem system: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/46244/ten-ideas-to-improve-the-totem-system ;
2) to make solos more viable and killers more powerful: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/46538/definitive-solution-to-bridge-the-swf-killer-solos-gaps ;
3) to introduce new dangers in maps: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/46936/natural-dangers-tactical-resources-in-maps ;
4) to add secondary objectives: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/27565/secondary-objective-shrines-to-the-entity ;
5) to strengthen killer perks and add-ons (especially to slow down gen rushes);
6) to add 15 seconds per gen or a sixth gen;
7) to change some maps' design, so that there are less loops and more mind games;
8) to eliminate one of the two gates, replacing it with the automatic opening of the hatch, or to lengthen the opening time of the gates;
9) to increase considerably the number of crows or their sensitivity;
10) two or more of the previous corrections.

Second solution: the killer chooses how many perks can be equipped by each player in their trials.
Many users have replied that a killer with six perks would never be able to fight four survivors with six perks each. For some it may seem an insurmountable challenge, but others may wish to launch such a venture. There is a very simple way to satisfy everyone, without having to tire the developers with difficult balancing: the killer, in their game settings, decides whether to adopt the four perks system or the six perks system, and the survivors who are matched to that killer will be bound by their choice. The killer, in their role of power, will be able to choose the traditional rules or a unrelenting, thrilling, merciless fight: the survivors will have no reason to complain, and the other killers will be free to act differently in their games. Four or six perks each? Make your choice!

Do you agree? :)
Post edited by Entità on

Comments

• Entità
    edited October 2018
    @Malakir Yeah, it will require a lot of balance adjustments, but it will be the natural evolution of a game, which was born with about 3 killers and 4 survivors and then has grown up hugely! And yeah, maps should be reworked somehow.

@se05239 Oh, if you run Ruin, NOED/Devour Hope, BBQ, Sloppy Butcher, Tinkerer and Franklin you'll slaughter all people easily, even with six perks each. Remember that killer's perks are more powerful than survivors'. It's just a question of practicing the new mechanics.
  • Entità
    edited October 2018
    @Acromio @se05239 I have no prejudicial opposition to some killer perks' buff, if needed to restore balance. I don't understand your point, and not only yours, that nothing can be changed or improved because survivors should take a greater advantage then they have now: it's a kind of stalemate, it seems there are two teams in eternal war (killers and survivors), with the purpose to punish the opposite side, and each vetoes the ideas coming from or merely appearing more useful for the enemy. Survivors and killers are enemy in game, but players should be allied in reality, to have fun and improve that wonderful game!

What's your problem? Are NOED, Devour Hope, Make Your Choice, Ruin, Tinkerer, Franklin, BBQ, KO and so on bad perks? Do you think it's too simple to find and cleanse the totems? Let's add new totems, rework their positions, it's not impossible to make the game better for both sides, but you don't believe it, you seem resigned. It's not helpful for anybody: nothing can change, if you don't believe a change is possible.

Six perks among about sixty, come on, it's reasonable! We are going to have FOUR TIMES the characters of the first game release!
  • TerminalEntropy
    TerminalEntropy Member Posts: 71

@Acromio said:

@Entità said:
    killer's perks are more powerful than survivors'

Lol, please.

What he said. They should be but mostly are not. Best Killers perks are hexes, which are gambles with diminishing odds for Killer as ranks rise, or must meet certain conditions. Or both. Best Survivor perks are easy to use and are not subjected to conditions.

While I like the idea itself only after some issues become fixed should it be implemented.

• Entità
    @TerminalEntropy Have you read my answer to Acromio and se05239? It solves the issue you report. :)
  • TerminalEntropy
    edited October 2018

@Entità
    I did :) But imo it doesn't solve the problem, what I meant wasn't that totem locations are easy to find (which mostly is true) and can be learned but the sheer fact that best perks are gambles or takes time to activate. New totem locations would be nice, sure thing, but it's far from enough to make 6 perks >for both sides< a balanced solution and what's more, taking hex perks would become mandatory with Survivors having 6 each. Although I would be in for a test if one were possible.

• Entità
    edited October 2018
    @TerminalEntropy Not only new totem locations, but also more totems in the map, which makes harder to find the proper one or to cleanse all of them (I don't know how many extra totems... at most five new totems, in my opinion: do you agree?). I don't want killers punished nor survivors frustrated.

Yeah, I'll be very happy to see the six perks system implemented: it's time to conform characters' equipment to the plentiful list of perks, that has been increased hugely and is going to grow up more.
  • MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

1 more perkslot for the killer wouldn't make up the fact that he'd have to deal with 3 more survivor perks in a game where survivor perks are mostly more powerful than killerperks while killers get crappy low % increase perks like fire up and BS.

• Entità
    @MhhBurgers Read my answers to other users, please: they deal with the balance, the "main theme" of this game. :)
  • MhhBurgers
    edited October 2018

You fundamentally fail at balance so yes, there's nothing to discuss with you.

Most killer perks are situational, ######### like Haunting Ground and Make your Choice can go off without ever doing anything for you while most of the survivor metaperks get used because they are ALWAYS useful or useful at least 90% of the time (heck SWF groups use adrenaline for a reason even tho it's situational in design).

Killers going for these perks are taking a huge gamble

• Entità
    @MhhBurgers If too many killer perks are situational, open a thread and suggest your solutions: maybe I'll agree with you. Instead of declaring a user unworthy of your precious time and attention ("there is nothing to discuss with you"), discuss the merit: every idea has an intrinsic value, regardless of who wrote it.

As I have already written, I have no prejudicial opposition to some killer perks' buff, if needed to restore balance. I don't understand your point, and not only yours, that nothing can be changed or improved because survivors should take a greater advantage then they have now: it's a kind of stalemate, it seems there are two teams in eternal war (killers and survivors), with the purpose to punish the opposite side, and each vetoes the ideas coming from or merely appearing more useful for the enemy. Survivors and killers are enemy in game, but players should be allied in reality, to have fun and improve that wonderful game!

• MhhBurgers

Dude, the devs are clearly not able to do what's neccesary either they lack the manpower or the experience as shown by things like secondary objectives/more ways to escape not making it into the game.

• Entità
    @MhhBurgers I don't know how much time Developers have to improve new mechanics, but I know two things:
    1) if you are angry with me, they will not have more time;
    2) if they have more time than you think, then your time is better spent in posting your ideas and commenting constructively other players' ideas than in attacking other people, who have no responsibilities about how much time the Devs spend in Dead by Daylight's improvement.
  • MhhBurgers

This is a casual game at best, it will never have a competitive gaming scene and will never be respected outside it's community so I really don't care much for it's balance.

• TerminalEntropy

I agree with Burgers, but jeez dude, be nice when there's no reason to be bitchy -.- It could be tested, would fail if it were, but I can understand Entità's sentiment.

• Entità
    @MhhBurgers @TerminalEntropy I perceive your disappointment and frustration and I'm sincerely sorry that you are so sick. We are a community and I wish the best for the other players.

Let's help each other make this game better, will you? We each do our part: if the developers listen to us, good; otherwise, we have done everything possible.

I believe in Dead by Daylight and I desire to help improving it: everyone who shares my desire is my friend, even if their ideas are different from mine. Pluralism is a value both in democracy and in a players' community. :)
  • TerminalEntropy
    edited October 2018

@Entità Oh but we're helping, we're opposing to an idea that alone is quite nice, but in reality would mess things up :)

Btw. about being unnecessarily bitchy I was talking to MhhBurgers but it seems you Entita have some issues to, check your eyesight, you see me frustrated here?

Post edited by TerminalEntropy on
  • Entità
    edited October 2018
    @TerminalEntropy Sorry, I wrote wrong: I intended disillusioned about the future development of the six perks system. You said you like the idea itself, but also that a test would fail: why? If you like the idea, then fight with me for its implementation: I don't know, it seems that balance is an unreachable utopia. Without hope, without a strong Community that believes in Dead by Daylight and its unexpressed potential, why should the Devs spend their time and money for us? We must be gritty, enthusiastic, determined! :)

We were talking about hexes and totems. With six perks each, how many totems would you add?

Post edited by Entità on
  • G4rr3tt
    G4rr3tt Member Posts: 43

@se05239 said:
    It'd only really be good if the side with 6 perk slots was the killer, as they're supposed to be in a Power Role. Survivors with 6 perks would be a horrid nightmare.

Want to start the game with 2 injured survivors and 2 hooked already too? lmao

• Whisky_Glass
    Whisky_Glass Member Posts: 49

Most killer perks are situational, ######### like Haunting Ground and Make your Choice can go off without ever doing anything for you while most of the survivor metaperks get used because they are ALWAYS useful or useful at least 90% of the time (heck SWF groups use adrenaline for a reason even tho it's situational in design).

Stopped reading at "MYC is a situational perk". Hooks/Unhooks are pretty frequent during the whole match, if you don't know on what killers to use it or it's situational because you don't get many hooks then maybe it's your fault.
    MYC is probably my favourite perk as a killer.
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@G4rr3tt said:

@se05239 said:
    It'd only really be good if the side with 6 perk slots was the killer, as they're supposed to be in a Power Role. Survivors with 6 perks would be a horrid nightmare.

Want to start the game with 2 injured survivors and 2 hooked already too? lmao

No, that'd be silly.

• Entità
    edited October 2018

@not_Queen @Patricia Do you think it would be possible to do a test with six perks each, to verify what kind of balances it requires and if players are satisfied with a richer equipment? :)

Post edited by Entità on
  • MhhBurgers

@Whisky_Glass said:
    @MhhBurgers said:

Stopped reading at "MYC is a situational perk". Hooks/Unhooks are pretty frequent during the whole match, if you don't know on what killers to use it or it's situational because you don't get many hooks then maybe it's your fault.
    MYC is probably my favourite perk as a killer.

MYC is situational if you don't proxycamp and play like me in other words leave the hook WAY behind to find other people, ofc if you proxycamp then yeah, MYC gives you instadowns.

• Scourge
    Scourge Member Posts: 145

if perks would be little kinks yeah, but right now they are huge game changers, i would like to have a hex ruin, bbq, enduring, spirit fury, make your choice and Enduring killer... But than i imagen a full team off ds, sp, iron will, bt, Urban evation unbreakable. survivors and than no... just no

• Entità
    edited October 2018

@Scourge I understand your fear, but some changes can balance the game. For example, since more powerful killer perks depends on totems, let's add more totems, so survivors have to spend a slot with Small Game to have an opportunity to destroy Devour Hope, NOED, Ruin and so on. My proposal is not an unreachable utopia: it requires a reasonable test about new game mechanics, and the full help of a Community committed to improving the game with constructive and accurate criticism.

• Entità
    Regarding the graphic appearance of the icons, with the six perks system implemented, the perks will become hexagons and the offerings rotated squares, of course.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Entità said:
    I'm a perfectionist and suddenly had the mental view of the following ordinate progression of characters' development:

1) 5th level = 2nd perk slot;

2) 10th level = 3rd perk slot;

3) 15th level = 4th perk slot;

4) 20th level = 5th perk slot;

5) 25th level = 6th perk slot;

6) 30th level = 1st teachable perk;

7) 35th level = 2nd teachable perk;

8) 40th level = 3rd teachable perk.

Consider this:

A) there are 56 survivor perks and 51 killer perks;

B) at least two other killers and survivors will be released before Spring 2019, so 6 new survivor perks and 6 new killer perks are going to be introduced;

C) six slots mean more combinations of perks, richer gameplay and a better longevity.

Four perks were enough at the beginning of the game, with a few characters, but we are going to have about four times the original number of characters, then six perks are more appropriate. Do you agree?

As long as survivor perks are stronger than killer perks, thats simply a no.

• Entità
    @Master Read my answers to similar objections in this thread, please.
  • Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

I'd only want additional perk slots if the new slots are survivor/killer specific, to give them a bit of individuality.

• Entità
    Justicar said:

I'd only want additional perk slots if the new slots are survivor/killer specific, to give them a bit of individuality.

Do you mean perk slots reserved to the unique perks of that character?
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@se05239 said:

I can just picture all of the META perks being used at once while survivors hum "The Bear Necessities". Some of the balance complaints make it seem like these folks can't survive without those perks anyway.

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

@Entità said:
    Justicar said:

Do you mean perk slots reserved to the unique perks of that character?

Either that, or new perks that only activate for that character if you're running at least one of their perks in the base 4 slots.

IE, if you're running Windows of Opportunity, Boil Over, or Dance with Me, a new Kate-only 5th perk automatically activates that has some sort of synergy with them.

• Entità
    edited October 2018

@Justicar Yours could be a good idea to make the survivors something more than simple skins. In practice, do you want to enjoy the fifth and sixth slots (previously unlocked at the 20th and 25th level, respectively)? Then run at least one of the unique perks of the character you chose. Not bad, not bad.

• Crizpen
    Crizpen Member Posts: 129

I don't believe it would serve the health of the game like you seem to think. Yes, there are more options now than when the game was released, but that doesn't mean all the dynamics have changed.

When I play survivor, I have to make choices on what to bring into the match. By increasing the number of choices I get to make, you would eliminate having to give up one strength for another. For example, you may take a bonus like Botanical in to heal faster, or you might go for Urban Evasion to move faster while crouched, but you might not have space for both. If you take both, you have to give up something else...

The same is true when playing killer: do they focus on finding survivors, breaking through obstacles, hindering survivor progress, etc... They can't do it all with 4 perk slots, but they could with 6.

You have to make choices, based on your own strengths and weaknesses. The addition of new characters doesn't mean you should be able to bring more perks, only that there is a greater variety to choose from, and that's a good thing.

The question of balance, which you seem to dismiss in this thread, is of material importance to any discussion of a 50% increase in perks.

For the killer side, it would mean bringing in 2 additional perks. For the survivor side, it would mean bringing in 8 additional perks. The balance of current perks aside, that's a 400% greater buff to the survivor team than the killer side, and that would utterly break the game. In order to re-adjust the balance that would be required would mean massive nerfs to survivor perks and/or massive buffs to killer perks.

In that scenario, sure you could bring Self Care, but to balance 6 perks, it's only 10% as fast as being healed by others. Sure, you could bring it and 5 other perks, but would you? Probably not. Better to use Bond to find other players. Except Bond's effective range would have to be massively nerfed too, to be of little help in finding other survivors... And if it's the killer perks that are buffed for balance, it would mean things like a Ruin that isn't attached to a totem and running the entire match, or inflicting a mangled effect that cannot be removed... That doesn't sound like much fun either.

See what I'm saying here? It might seem neat to bring more perks into the match, but the practical effect would mean either creating an unplayable game, or making good perks bad to restore balance. Better to stick with 4 and continue to get more variety with the new characters, and a greater pool to choose from to make unique and fun builds.

• Entità
    edited October 2018

@Crizpen I respectfully disagree. Humans are basically habitual creatures: they build their certainties on a reality consolidated over time and tend to be wary of any change in that reality, as if it were the only possible or reasonable, rather than simply being the one to which they are accustomed. If the game had started directly with six perks each, nobody would have been astonished, but indeed it was born with four and then this appears to be the only appropriate number. It is not necessarily so. Many new dynamics have been introduced, from the Obsession to the secondary objectives of the Pig's victims, through the excellent stealth of Myers at Evil Within 1, to the Spirit's phasing and so on: each addition involves new tactical challenges, a radical rethinking defensive strategies, an unthinkable variability at the time of Trapper, Wraith, Hillbilly. No less important are the new challenges imposed on the killers by the new survivor perks. The game has always earned it.

Now, imagining that all the perks have been unlocked by developing all the characters or buying them from the Shrine of Secrets and making a quick calculation, having FOUR PERK SLOTS means, at present (ie without considering the upcoming two new chapters and related perks), and without considering perk tiers:
    1) 56 * 55 * 54 * 53 = 8,814,960 perk combinations for survivors;
    2) 51 * 50 * 49 * 48 = 5,997,600 perk combinations for killers (a drastically lower variability: I propose the introduction of another 5 killer perks, regardless of whether developers accept my system or not).

Under the same conditions, having SIX PERK SLOTS means:
    1) 56 * 55 * 54 * 53 * 52 * 51 = 23,377,273,920 perk combinations for survivors;
    2) 51 * 50 * 49 * 48 * 47 * 46 = 12,966,811,200 perk combinations for killers;
    ie:
    1) a game variability 2,652 times greater than now for survivors;
    2) a game variability 2,162 times greater than now for killers.

Of course, it's a big news, and will require balancing. But the gain in terms of gameplay richness, tactical depth, longevity (the game itself is very repetitive: these are combinations that make it virtually inexhaustible), the novelty of the challenge, it will be immense.

Some possible balances:
    1) to increase the number of totems or the cleansing time (since many of the most powerful killer perks are curses);
    2) to add secondary objectives, which will drain the survivors' time (we talked about it in many threads, including: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/27565/secondary-objective-shrines-to-the -entity );
    3) to review the effects of some perks (or add-ons of the killers), to the extent deemed appropriate during the tests;
    4) to lengthen the repair time of the generators or introduce a sixth generator to fix;
    5) to touch up the structure of some maps, to make the six perks system more enjoyable.

In my opinion, the problem is not real, but mental, in the sense that some perceive this change as impossible, as an impracticable distortion, and look discouraged, resigned, to an incredible opportunity for both parties. I do not say it's easy, but it's definitely a great leap forward, a way to make this game even more immortal and palatable for new players (and for me, that I have a weakness for tactical challenges).

I pray @Malakir @se05239 @Acromio @TerminalEntropy @MhhBurgers @G4rr3tt @Whisky_Glass @Scourge @Master @Justicar @Peasant and all other users to read carefully this post, and to think about it.

Of course, @not_Queen and @Patricia are always welcome! :)

• Master

@Entità said:
    @Crizpen I respectfully disagree. Humans are basically habitual creatures: they build their certainties on a reality consolidated over time and tend to be wary of any change in that reality, as if it were the only possible or reasonable, rather than simply being the one to which they are accustomed. If the game had started directly with six perks each, nobody would have been astonished, but indeed it was born with four and then this appears to be the only appropriate number. It is not necessarily so. Many new dynamics have been introduced, from the Obsession to the secondary objectives of the Pig's victims, through the excellent stealth of Myers at Evil Within 1, to the Spirit's phasing and so on: each addition involves new tactical challenges, a radical rethinking defensive strategies, an unthinkable variability at the time of Trapper, Wraith, Hillbilly. No less important are the new challenges imposed on the killers by the new survivor perks. The game has always earned it.

Now, imagining that all the perks have been unlocked by developing all the characters or buying them from the Shrine of Secrets and making a quick calculation, having FOUR PERK SLOTS means, at present (ie without considering the upcoming two new chapters and related perks), and without considering perk tiers:
    2) 51 * 50 * 49 * 48 = 5,997,600 perk combinations for killers (a drastically lower variability: I propose the introduction of another 5 killer perks, regardless of whether developers accept my system or not).

1) 56 * 55 * 54 * 53 * 52 * 51 = 23,377,273,920 perk combinations for survivors;
    ie:

Of course, it's a big news, and will require balancing. But the gain in terms of gameplay richness, tactical depth, longevity (the game itself is very repetitive: these are combinations that make it virtually inexhaustible), the novelty of the challenge, it will be immense.

Some possible balances:
    1) to increase the number of totems or the cleansing time (since many of the most powerful killer perks are curses);
    2) to add secondary objectives, which will drain the survivors' time (we talked about it in many threads, including: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/27565/secondary-objective-shrines-to-the -entity );
    3) to review the effects of some perks (or add-ons of the killers), to the extent deemed appropriate during the tests;
    4) to lengthen the repair time of the generators or introduce a sixth generator to fix;
    5) to touch up the structure of some maps, to make the six perks system more enjoyable.

In my opinion, the problem is not real, but mental, in the sense that some perceive this change as impossible, as an impracticable distortion, and look discouraged, resigned, to an incredible opportunity for both parties. I do not say it's easy, but it's definitely a great leap forward, a way to make this game even more immortal and palatable for new players (and for me, that I have a weakness for tactical challenges).

I pray @Malakir @se05239 @Acromio @TerminalEntropy @MhhBurgers @G4rr3tt @Whisky_Glass @Scourge @Master @Justicar @Peasant and all other users to read carefully this post, and to think about it.

Nobody claims that adding perk slots would not give more variety to build etc, but the balancing is the problem.

Regarding your suggestions:

1) Would be necessary anyway since the killer would be able to use more than 4 hex perks

The other points are just very vague.

Basically you are requesting the whole game to be adapted just to support the idea of 6-perk builds.

I simply dont see the necessity for such insane changes just to add more perk builds to the game, because lets face it. With the current perk balancing we will simply established a new meta build that will hardly change.

What they need to adress are the actual issues of the game and adapting the hex mechanic aswell as looking at secondary objectives (adding gentime is rather dull) instead of some mind gymnastics to enable 6 perk slots

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Master said:

@Entità said:

ie:

Some possible balances:

Nobody claims that adding perk slots would not give more variety to build etc, but the balancing is the problem.

Regarding your suggestions:

1) Would be necessary anyway since the killer would be able to use more than 4 hex perks

The other points are just very vague.

Basically you are requesting the whole game to be adapted just to support the idea of 6-perk builds.

I simply dont see the necessity for such insane changes just to add more perk builds to the game, because lets face it. With the current perk balancing we will simply established a new meta build that will hardly change.

What they need to adress are the actual issues of the game and adapting the hex mechanic aswell as looking at secondary objectives (adding gentime is rather dull) instead of some mind gymnastics to enable 6 perk slots

I like the idea but what this guy says is true. Sadly the balancing team isn't the brightest and just see the programmer don't know anything about the game in a Q&A stream made me cringe out of existence

I would like that but if they can't even balance a 4 perk system I won't imagine I taking in consideration more synergies. Right now they should start focusing about the core game, like the maps, to make them run for both sides, then make useless perks at least usable then we might talk about this

You putted a lot of thought on this and I actually like it but sadly there are bigger problems and introducing something like this basing my theory but historical facts, would just make it worse for everybody for long time. Like when, for example, they said to gitgud to killers when infinities were a thing

Maybe in 4 years or with a real balancing team, this might happen
  • MhhBurgers

Yeah I gotta agree with Malakir, BHVR either is not competent enough or doesn't have enough experience currently for a true balanced game. Just look at the maps, they are lowkey effort and require much work to be playable experiences beyond the looping madness that we have right now, huge open fields of death or safe-spaces with barely anything in between.

• Entità
    @Master Let's help each other to make a detailed list of balance changes, then:
    1) about totems, I wrote to @TerminalEntropy and repeat now that they can be doubled, if needed;
    2) about secondary objectives, my ideas are specifically explained in https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/27565/secondary-objective-shrines-to-the-entity ;
    3) about killer perks and add-ons, which ones do you consider ineffective?;
    4) adding 15 seconds per gen or a sixth gen, for example;
    5) less loops, more mind games, more hidden totems, for example.
    I'm not in the Balance Team: I'd be happy to give you more details, if I were in there and could do many tests.

@Malakir @MhhBurgers I ask you a very direct and sincere question: would you have the desire and enthusiasm to spend time and money for players who judge you openly incompetent and incapable? It is not the right approach, this. The game will not be perfect, but if each of us tried to:
    1) bear small smears;
    2) to report serious problems in a calm manner, not angry, not contemptuous, possibly balanced and without supporters for one or the other faction;
    3) to work for a more cohesive, more collaborative, friendlier, granitically available community to support and motivate developers;
    then, perhaps, it would be easier to obtain results and satisfactions. It's a general speech, I'm not accusing anyone, but it's not constructive to debase those who offered us the opportunity to have fun with this game of ruthless hunting and desperate survival. Dialogue, hope and perseverance are my polar star. :)

• Malakir
    edited November 2018
    Entità said:
    1) about totems, I wrote to @TerminalEntropy and repeat now that they can be doubled, if needed;
    2) about secondary objectives, my ideas are specifically explained in https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/27565/secondary-objective-shrines-to-the-entity ;
    I'm not in the Balance Team: I'd be happy to give you more details, if I were in there and could do many tests.

@Malakir @MhhBurgers I ask you a very direct and sincere question: would you have the desire and enthusiasm to spend time and money for players who judge you openly incompetent and incapable? It is not the right approach, this. The game will not be perfect, but if each of us tried to:
    1) bear small smears;
    2) to report serious problems in a calm manner, not angry, not contemptuous, possibly balanced and without supporters for one or the other faction;
    3) to work for a more cohesive, more collaborative, friendlier, granitically available community to support and motivate developers;
    then, perhaps, it would be easier to obtain results and satisfactions. It's a general speech, I'm not accusing anyone, but it's not constructive to debase those who offered us the opportunity to have fun with this game of ruthless hunting and desperate survival. Dialogue, hope and perseverance are my polar star. :)

Yes I would in bhvr position.
    I read every patch notes and watched as much Dev stream as I could and read the forum. Not much really and even if there are dumb statement here and there I would listen way more vets of my game and actually play it too (unlike them) at least twice a week if lacking of time

When the Devs, the programmer, don't even know what's implemented or not yet, there is a problem. (Watch last dev q&a)

I'm not a veteran but I fell in love with this game so as I always do when I love a game I get informed, read articles and in multiplayer games like this I read patch notes

I just spent more buying dlcs to support them because this game have potential, I don't critique something for hate but for love cuz I want to see it shine.

As sad if I was one of the devs, even as a merry designer, I would bring these problems and listen to the community that plays and know what the problems are more deeply than I do.

The only thing I have to do is discart silly ideas and listen constructive opinions, the problems is as far as I read and searched into, they never did. Now its getting better and I love it they are going in the right direction but some problems that exist since day on shouldn't be in the game but here we are!

I praised them when they do good things but also critique them for being lazy sometimes (often).

How to fix many problems in a couple of months? Delete RNG from maps, make it static with a good level design to give both sides a way to outplay and feel good about it. Promote good plays and punish bad ones

Little example, when survivors could stunt or blind the killer at any time during the animation, that wasn't a big, was intended the problems were that feature came when the game was so unbalanced and unrewarding that they had to change it. Same thing when they said to killers to gitgud when infinities were a thing or play civ

The game has improved and I wish to seen it before a great game. As survivor to have more stealth perks (Ty for iron will) and as killer don't have such pressure about time.

The most satisfying experiences? When as survivor I can mind game a killer and get out, not loop a pallet for days. When I can outplay him in that way, it feels good
  • MhhBurgers

@Entità said:

1) bear small smears;

I get told every day at my job that we're too slow etc. I don't give a crap about it as my payment doesn't change from ppl's opinions. I wouldn't give a ######### if some ppl said I'm incompetent/incapable and I think the devs themselves are probably aware of that considering how small changes in this game already break their spaghetti code frequently. Also we're not talking to the devs here, I've never seen anybody here visit the forum, the biggest change we saw took Mathieu Cote being humiliated live on korean TV to get the changes that the community was demaning for months.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@MhhBurgers said:
    Also we're not talking to the devs here, I've never seen anybody here visit the forum, the biggest change we saw took Mathieu Cote being humiliated live on korean TV to get the changes that the community was demaning for months.

I've been promoting that the developers need to have mandatory gameplay sessions as part of their job for the game itself to be the best it can be. Even made a thread about it.

• Master

@MhhBurgers said:

@Entità said:

1) bear small smears;

I get told every day at my job that we're too slow etc. I don't give a crap about it as my payment doesn't change from ppl's opinions. I wouldn't give a ######### if some ppl said I'm incompetent/incapable and I think the devs themselves are probably aware of that considering how small changes in this game already break their spaghetti code frequently. Also we're not talking to the devs here, I've never seen anybody here visit the forum, the biggest change we saw took Mathieu Cote being humiliated live on korean TV to get the changes that the community was demaning for months.

Thats not correct, Ive seen a dev during the spirit PTB telling us that our opinions are basically irrelevant :wink:
    But other then that, they ignore the forum pretty well

• DisturbedZ
    DisturbedZ Member Posts: 59

I think they need to rework all the perks so that certain combo's give an extra buff to a particular trait and a debuff to another. Like a sprint burst with balanced landing gives an extra 2 seconds of run but suffers from an exhaustion that has a loud heavy breathing or track marks that stay for 2 seconds longer. That would change the game up entirely and do it for the killers as well so they are not weakened. Maybe give the killers less of a debuff than a survivor. It would help change up the perks used so you dont have the same set used by everybody. More unique survivor and killer builds would make the game more challenging

• Crizpen
    Crizpen Member Posts: 129

@Master said:

ie:

I quote this to point out a problem with your math: you're including duplicate builds multiple times. For example, using that math, SB - DS - Ace in the Hole - Plunderer's would count 24 times as the order they're added changes. i.e. SB - DS - Plunderer's - Ace // SB - Plunderer's - Ace - DS // SB - Plunderer's - DS - Ace... They're the same build, but you're calculating them as unique.

That said, there are a lot of different builds, some of which work, some which are utter garbage.

You claimed that my other points were very vague, but didn't address one of the largest points: that the game is about making choices with limited resources. If I don't know the maps well, I can bring along Windows of Opportunity, and that will help me. On the other side of that coin, I can't bring along Urban Evasion to help me move unseen. If I'm a solo player, I'm bringing along Self Care, because I'm not always going to be able to find other survivors, but if I'm SWF, I may pass on it in favor of Borrowed Time. We all make choices of what build best help us survive or kill.

Now, if you increase the slots by 2, I don't have to make those decisions anymore. Now I can run with Self Care, Sprint Burst, Alert, Adrenaline, Borrowed Time and Unbreakable. I'm far less afraid of running into the killer, and if I'm not afraid of the killer, this horror game has failed.

I'm not saying that the number can ONLY be 4, but what I am saying is that adding 2 perks per player will have a radical impact on the game, very few of them good, and there would have to be severe re-balancing, changing and removing of perks to take this into account. It's the law of unintended consequences: if you make such a huge change to the game, it's going to create more problems, which will then have to be fixed, which will create other problems to fix and on and on.

If perk slots are going to be added for anyone, it should be in such a way as to help - not hurt - the balance. For example, giving solo survivors and killers an additional perk slot while limiting SWF to 4. That might work, but you would still run into a lot of side problems.

• Entità
    edited November 2018

@Malakir I congratulate you for the deep passion in this game and for your meticulous collection of information: it is the same feeling that animates me.

@MhhBurgers Poor, it will have been very unpleasant for him. I do not say that the developers are infallible deities to adore and flatter: I try only to promote, in my small way, a close collaboration in the community, even to exert greater pressure and persuasion on them. If we remain divided, bicker among ourselves, it is easier to leave us in irrelevance: we must become compact, speak with one voice, difficult as it is, and show them that we have valid, winning and rewarding ideas, to re-launch the game and attract new paying players. This is my mission: to promptly report problems, enrich the game with new or better mechanics, and make sure to be heard by the developers.

@se05239 I agree, and wrote my contribution in your thread.

@DisturbedZ Wait, both Sprint Burst and Balanced Landing cause Exhaustion: how can you use one of them immediately after having benefited from the other?

@Crizpen I agree with your mathematical objections. As I wrote, it was a quick calculation, which does not take into account the permutation of the same perks in slots nor the possibility, far from hypothetical, that a player will equip less than 4 or less than 6 perks, because they do not have still unlocked all the slots or have recently prestiged the character. It was not intended as an exact computation: it does not make sense to clog the forum with formulas of combinatorial calculation.

Six slots, however, impose very demanding choices, there being a range of options that is close to sixty. It is true that some perks are so poor as not to be a temptation, but this is a problem to be solved regardless of the 4-perk or 6-perk system: every perk must be useful, there is no space for the mess.

@Malakir @se05239 @Acromio @TerminalEntropy @MhhBurgers @G4rr3tt @Whisky_Glass @Scourge @Master @Justicar @Peasant @Crizpen @DisturbedZ @not_Queen @Patricia @Peanits
    Here are some of the balancing corrections I suggested to guarantee a fair game with six perks each (with some last-minute additions):
    1) the totems can be increased or even doubled, if needed;
    3) to strenghten killer perks and add-ons (which ones do you consider ineffective or too weak?);
    4) to add 15 seconds per gen or a sixth gen;
    5) to change some maps' design, so that there are less loops, more mind games, more hidden totems;
    6) to eliminate one of the two exit gates, replacing it with the automatic opening of the hatch (much more difficult to find), or to lengthen the opening time of the gates;
    7) to increase considerably the number of crows or their sensitivity;
    8) two or more of the previous corrections.

• Malakir
    @Entità
    1) no, I think the totems shouldn't be more since even with the few we have get spotted too easily, make better spots for them is a better solution
    2) I answered there and you know my point of view
    3) yeah but I would buff even survivors stealth perks too
    4) no, its already tedious and the math for gens its good like for hatch spawn (x of survivor alive +1 generator done) just make some tests, making them closer together and then try making them apart and see the results how people react o this on the PTB
    5)totally agree
    6) eh, should be tested first on PTB
    7) yeah so Spies From The Shadow would be kinda usable
    8) I would try almost everything on OTB first to see the people behavior