Leatherface Quality of Life

I quite enjoy playing him as a change up from the norm but at the moment he desperately needs a small amount of changes to make him enjoyable.

His base kit needs tuning up so that you can either go slightly further with the chainsaw or reach slightly further. At the moment even literally bumping your nose on the survivor as you chase doesn't guarantee a chainsaw hit if they go around an object due to the wider circle the killer needs to take.

He also desperately needs an indicator noise (as with fully charged hatchet throw on Huntress or bottle throw on Clown) when the Chainsaw is fully charged. Many times I have to keep my eyes on the survivor if they are spinning to create a break and I release the mouse button to attack and it just de-charges because it was a micropoint from being charged. It could just be a 0.5 sec tone change or something.

I think some small changes like this might make him used a little more often again as you barely ever see him now...apart from Officer Leathercock...

Thanks <3

Comments

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@Steebear said:
    I quite enjoy playing him as a change up from the norm but at the moment he desperately needs a small amount of changes to make him enjoyable.

His base kit needs tuning up so that you can either go slightly further with the chainsaw or reach slightly further. At the moment even literally bumping your nose on the survivor as you chase doesn't guarantee a chainsaw hit if they go around an object due to the wider circle the killer needs to take.

He also desperately needs an indicator noise (as with fully charged hatchet throw on Huntress or bottle throw on Clown) when the Chainsaw is fully charged. Many times I have to keep my eyes on the survivor if they are spinning to create a break and I release the mouse button to attack and it just de-charges because it was a micropoint from being charged. It could just be a 0.5 sec tone change or something.

I think some small changes like this might make him used a little more often again as you barely ever see him now...apart from Officer Leathercock...

Thanks <3

breaths in, im sorry to say but leatherface at the moment is a campy killer, up your ass killer, and really you need to run around objects or really good jukes to avoid his chainsaw

• Steebear
    Steebear Member Posts: 105

I don't understand what you mean by a campy killer. That is defined by the person playing a killer not the killer itself. Admittedly he is the strongest choice if you are wanting to just camp but that shouldn't mean those of us that want to have fun should be unable to use him because he is weak.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

A noise indicator for a ready chainsaw frenzy and 100% movement speed (so he move at the same speed as survivors) when charging his chainsaw so he can actually keep up with survivors.
    These two things would do a lot for little Leatherface.

• Steebear
    Steebear Member Posts: 105

@se05239 said:
    A noise indicator for a ready chainsaw frenzy and 100% movement speed (so he move at the same speed as survivors) when charging his chainsaw so he can actually keep up with survivors.

Calm down Leatherface main! 100% movement would mean people would be revving around the map like Lewis Hamilton!

I said I wanted him buffed a little not turned into a demigod

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Steebear said:

@se05239 said:

Calm down Leatherface main! 100% movement would mean people would be revving around the map like Lewis Hamilton!

I said I wanted him buffed a little not turned into a demigod

I mean like 100% as in he moves as fast as survivors do when they run, just like Billy, when he's charging his chainsaw. Not that he moves in Billy Speed during frenzy.

• DarkFox85
    DarkFox85 Member Posts: 74

@Steebear said:

Thanks <3

I just finished a 1 or 2 hour session of 100% Leatherface. I just love the purity of the experience. Although I got a delicious 4k against prestiged survivors with private profiles, I also got a 0k and two 1ks (courtesy of NOED and SWF). Either I suck, or our boy is one of the weaker killers. I’m prepared to bet it’s both.

An indicator noise for a fully charged chainsaw is honestly one of the best suggestions I’ve read in this forum. It’s elegant, practical, simple, and won’t affect the high-ranking meta in the slightest. It’s also useful for his various addons that change the charge time and thus might affect your muscle memory.

And I honestly don’t have anything else to say. It’s a great idea.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2018

The noise for a fully ready chainsaw is a good idea! maybe even an icon. Good idea mate.
    Leatherface needs addon overhaul, he needs more fun quicky addons.
    Other than that, Leatherface is at a great place, just need a lil polish.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on