The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Can We Take a Second to Address All of the Ultra Rare Add-ons in This Game

There are so many abysmally terrible Ultra Rare add ons and it’s incredible that nothing has been done about it. Deathslinger has arguably the worst UR add ons, just below Demogorgon. PH’s are terrible, Wraith’s “Spirit” is terrible, Billy’s are terrible, Legion’s Fuming Mixtape is terrible, etc. However, there are some that are too good, namely Iridescent Head, Cannibal’s URs, Myers’ URs, Freddy’s URs, and the list continues. Overall, Ultra Rare add-ons in game are in desperate need of balancing.

Comments

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

That's the thing with iridescents. They're mostly either painful to look at or OP.

There are some good ones though; Spirits' iridescents are pretty decent, although father's glasses doesn't really change their gameplay style. That's the thing about ultra rares; they're not supposed to be powerful, they're supposed to shift your gameplay style. Bloody Glove does a good job for Oni, since it incentivizes him to not collect blood and turn him into a wallhacks m1 killer. His other one, though, just gets him to slam occasionally as mediocre tracking. Same applies with pig's ultra rares. Amanda's letter helps her focus on stealth, while rule set no. 2 lets her preemptively set traps. They're not supposed to be brute forcedly strong, like iridescent king and queen. They're supposed to shake things up.

• BoiBoi123
    BoiBoi123 Member Posts: 10

While I have to agree for the most part, there are just some that are useless regardless of the situation. Take Deathslinger for example. You’d screen is fixed in place when a survivor is speared, so the Hellshire Iron can never be useful, and the coin can never be useful because of just how easily a survivor will get off the spear at that range.

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634

Yeah, there aren't many iridescent addons that aren't too strong but aren't dogshit either, although I don't agree about wraith, all seeing spirit is actually really good, just not as good as windstorm or bell silencing addons.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Well, I can give them credit for changing up your game style (meaning you lose).

• Galdslinger
    Galdslinger Member Posts: 7

I love playing Deathslinger, He's my favorite killer and I'll totally agree all of his Addons are hot garbage

There are maybe three or four addons that are even worth running those being The keys, Faster reeling, and Bayshores cigar maybe Spit polish rag. But none of them change his playstyle, like at all, I was really hoping they would give him some kind of a three-shot magazine with shorter range or like a longer range option but so far no such luck. I've never used the Hellshire Iron cuz it's useless and I only use the coin with certain maps for the meme.

Ghostface too, practically all of his addons are useless because why would you run them when you could be running faster recharge time for night shroud. If you don't use the chewed pen on Ghostface you are neutering his power so hard you should play somebody else.

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587

Myers' URs aren't overpowered, I'd argue they're both in a pretty good place. They are extremely powerful but come with severe enough downsides that optimal Myers setups don't touch them whatsoever. (Tombstone Piece, on the other hand, is an overpowered VR that is essentially an oldschool Mori and has no place in the game's current state IMO)

I also don't think Bubba's are overpowered, but I'm not quite as confident about that.

All-Seeing - Spirit is also fine. It could stand to be more interesting, but its theoretical skillcap is utterly massive. You get to keep track of the progress of all generators on an addon?

To talk about URs that haven't been brought up:

-Plague's Black Incense is kinda bonkers

-Nurse's URs are probably the worst in the game IMO. Sure, they do change her playstyle, but the URs both LOWER her skillcap, which is in the complete opposite spirit of the Killer's design. URs should open up new potential, not close it off.