The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

4.5.2 HUD Update Feedback

So, I'm a fan of the updated HUD, but I still have a couple of issues with it.

My main issue with it is that if a survivor has no item, there's dead space under the objectives and it doesn't look great... It's not terrible on a smaller HUD scale, but still, it just doesn't sit right... I rarely bring items to trials and it's disappointing to think my HUD will look like this most matches:

My next big thing is the portraits - I'd still love the portraits to be the adept achievement icons rather than full colour portraits. I'm still hopeful that this will be implemented, someone tweeted the devs about this after the first WIP screenshot of HUD update and both the author's tweet and BHVR's reply got around 1500 likes each, so it seems a lot of people are on board with this idea - maybe it just couldn't be implemented in time for the hotfix? The full colour portraits just make it look like there's too many styles in the HUD, and the adept icons would keep it a lot cleaner.

The names being vertical instead of horizontal still doesn't look as good, but seems as though the devs want it to stay like that... It feels like it's in my field of view and is quite obstructive, more of an issue when playing killer.

It would be helpful to still see survivor portraits even when their status has changed, for example if one survivor is hooked and one is downed, you don't know who's who because the portraits have gone. Not a major issue as you can listen out for the screams, but would be a 'nice to have' kind of thing, if possible.

When the generators are completed, the escape icon looks odd being in the middle of a box, and overlapping it at that. See below. Also, the old 'Find the exit' text in the HUD prior to 4.5.0 was fine, and it wouldn't hurt to put that back in next to the escape icon. But, it's fine without it, too.

On the plus side, the number next to the gen icon looks great being more visible, and the new bleedout bars look great! Skill-check scaling was a great implementation, too.

Overall, this HUD was definitely a step in the right direction, but it definitely could use further tweaks, most of which I've summarised above. Just my personal opinion. :)

Comments