No, Iridescent hatchet is not toxic you are.

Comments

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Love going against ir hatchet, gives her a more commanding presence. Also like that teammates start playing smart instead of running straight at the killer.

• Amy095
    Amy095 Member Posts: 96

My point was regarding how often huntress is able to hit with her hatchets. I see many huntresses missing shots but also getting great ones. In my opinion iri heads aren't THAT OP. But you are arguing with my opinion rather than discussing it.. yawn

There really isn't anything to argue about. You seem like the type of person who could start an argument in an empty room, so it doesn't matter what myself or anyone says 😂

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

If I get hit with an iri hatchet, particularly if the killer is one that can hit a fly from 50 miles away, I will kill myself on first hook and move on. I don’t have time for BS.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

You may be proud of that fact, but if you want to know the truth most people find that kind of thing sad. There are flavors in the world other than chocolate. Live a little.

• CryptFriend
    CryptFriend Member Posts: 416

Honestly, the easiest fix to Iri hatchets will be to make them override other add-ons, seeing as that's something they've shown they can do *cough*Hag*cough*

Even then they'll still be used. But they'll be strong, rather than busted like they are now. The part isn't inherently toxic, it's the player. And if you, by your own admission, are being very polite, less efficient, and having a plan to kill everyone you meet?

Then by my metrics you're a stand-up fellow. I'm told my opinion is worthless, but you have my pat on your back. Screw those losers who DC because they think they're too good for a game! The only acceptable reason to DC is because the internet cut out or if you have a pressing emergency I guess but I'd just go idle or suicide to give the killer a bit of love myself, I donno? !

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Making other accounts after getting banned will get you banned again. At least if they find about it. You shouldn't speak about it lol.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Yeah, you don't set the cut off for people's experiences mattering buddy.

As for the OP, you used the most obnoxious addon in the game and are surprised they're mad? Not saying they weren't a bunch of little shits, but you can't claim innocence when you're chucking insta downs with hit boxes the size of a mini fridge.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

I called it training wheel for learning huntress. Just like how hag's mint rag is for her.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited February 2021

No, it absolutely isn't just "an excuse bad players make". Naturally the design and use of a controller makes it harder to aim and make small adjustments vertically and horizontally quickly but accurately. This is why most shooter games have some form of aim assist that slows down your aim horizontally when your sights are aimed closely to a target. On Keyboard, however, you're aiming using your wrist and forearm which gives far more control and ease with adjustments and allows for more accurate flicks.

That isn't even getting into the fact that PS4 has God awful stuttering issues and frame rates, and those only make an already difficult killer worse.

• Toblerone007
    Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598

I love how you managed to twist that around to make it a problem with survivors once again. Truly remarkable.

• DeadByName
    DeadByName Member Posts: 9

I can understand iris can be obnoxious, but it's part of the game. I'm not doing trick shots, blind shits, slugging, or doing anything outside of what is designed to be part of the game. But then survivors dm me with insults and call me the toxic one simply for having iri heads. And in that situations, who exactly is being toxic?

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited February 2021

"don't nerf X because difficult" is still one the dumbest excuses for defending imbalance that I've ever heard, especially when the mechanical skill required for X is not even hard or complex to begin with.

• HiddenNugget
    HiddenNugget Member Posts: 32

It's not toxic or sad, it's in the game to use so use it. You still have to hit the survivors, and any survivors with a decent amount of time in the game knows how to dodge hatchets. It's the same as Bubba insta-down chainsaw or Ghostface exposing you, if anything iri heads are harder to hit with.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

Incorrect: The Killer's objective is to kill all 4 survivors. Hooks are just one method of achieving that goal. A good method, don't get me wrong, but the objective is to ensure no survivors escape.

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378

The only change i’ll ever make for iridescent hatchets is:

• The projectile speed of the hatchets are 30% faster.
    • The hatchets ignore gravity and they’ll fly straight.
  • pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I'm sorry this is going to be snide as... but this is the kind of dumb ######### the OP is talking about.

Iri head doesn't stop you needing to hook people, nor is it an auto win. Its one less health state from a hatchet hit, which is very strong but your point about "getting hooks not just necessarily kills" make no sense whatsoever. Iri head shortens chases, it doesn't circumvent hook states.

Yes its powerful and in the hands of a good player somewhat oppressive but that can be said of any good addon in the hands of the right player. Is it "toxic" no.

If you think shorter chases is the equivalent of SWF with OoO and a key I think you are placing to much emphasis on iri heads impact.

• BSVben
    BSVben Member Posts: 256

To be fair, it doesn't just shorten chases. It also reduces the effectiveness of DH, as you can't use it when uninjured. It makes unhooks incredibly unsafe as the unhooked is easily instadowned. Bodyblocking is much less effective as well.

It's definitely not toxic, but combined with the infantry belt, it is certainly over powered (provided the huntress can actually hit with hatchets).

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

My problem is that it makes a very balanced killer completely broken for little cost (2 hatchets if your running belt)

It’s like if wraith had an addon that allowed instadowns off of surprise hits.

Iri head huntresses tend to slug since you can get 3 people down so long as your aim is good and that will circumvent hook states if they 4 man slug

I do believe a good iri head huntress would beat a 4 man object pretty much every time bar a couple of maps.

It cannot be said for any other good addon since the next best addon is probably tombstone( Takes alot of time to charge and move slower) or pinky finger( Requires you to be close enough to hit m1 aswell as hitting direct bottle).

The addon is busted and needs a huge rework period

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Irihead is fine as long as you dont run ammo belt

• BSVben

I've never came across a huntress just running iridescent head without infantry belt. I would imagine that would be the same for most players.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    edited February 2021

That's because they're small pp, running ammo addons with irihead

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

Well Huntress normal hatchet hitbox is already busted, so using Iri Head is kinda a way for you to say to survivors : "I'm sweating hard to win"

If it was "reduce hatchet number to 1" and you cannot equip any addon to get extra hatchet it would actually be pretty balanced.

• TauNkosi
    TauNkosi Member Posts: 282

Id be fine with iri head if it was impossible to carry more than 1/2. Punish you for missing shots and having to constantly check lockers. Make em a high risk high reward type of thing. They're overpowered and toxic because you can cary up to 4 with add-ons.

• GrimmReaper
    GrimmReaper Member Posts: 159
    edited February 2021

Use whatever you want whether that be 4 second chance perks as survivor or iri head add-on for huntress. Don't let people tell you how to play just because they don't like loosing on a video game. If it's in the game it's free reign to use. Not your fault the Devs are too lazy to rebalance any of it.

Also I would just ignore survivors telling you, you can't use certain things because it's "cheap" "annoying" "op" all the while they're running their 4 second chance perks. Don't let those bozos dictate how you play.

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399

There is a difference between toxic and unfun, people.

• Amy095

For you to think you have that much power with words.. I worry for you. Have a nice day.

• Amy095

So the majority of player's opinions don't matter because they don't have 3K hours in the game?

That justification alone shows everyone here the limit to your intelligence.

• Amy095

Thats your opinion not a fact, learn the difference.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

Who cares about 1 hatchet? And even 3 aren't a big thing. Most survs have DH anyway, so just don't heal and do gens as always.

• GamerGirlFeng
    GamerGirlFeng Member Posts: 277
  • Lady_MJ
    Lady_MJ Member Posts: 5

Survivor main. I feel like sometimes the only one who's nice to killers. But, it's not toxic just not fun to play with. A match can be over in less than 10 minutes because no one wants to go for the save or touch a gen after 2 people have been hooked. Plus people just kill themselves anyway.

I played a game and the first hook killed themselves the second was down the moment it happened the proceeded to kill themselves. Me and the other were hiding and she found me in a bush. Had her hatch ready and of course I had to ######### Kobe and get instant down. I will admit I was extremely toxic by disconnecting and it's not something I do often. It was just a bad Survivor night and I really just needed to back off from the game.

But bring whatever you want and have fun. Just I feel like every iri is playing too sweaty and waiting 15 minutes to get into a lobby and have it ended in 4 doesn't make it all that worth it imo. But ignore they hate and just have fun!

• BSVben

DH is useless unless you've been hooked already, as you won't be injured dye to instadown.

• immoraldemise
    immoraldemise Member Posts: 117

IH isn't toxic sad or anything. What's toxic is the game's hitbox/server reg. What's really toxic is how the dev has addressed the glaring problems and the priority towards fixing these things. This causes people to abuse. Not just on Huntress, but cmon. I've seen plenty of hatchets land on the moon and still hit the player.

If we had less things to abuse, the game would be a little smoother, but people are just jerks. You learn to live with it or not play. Welcome to DBD. Hitboxes are just the absolute worst thing. It makes me miss the old pallet vacuum lmao

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Iri Hatchet isn't toxic. Just absolutely broken and unfair.

• thrawn3054

This Is a case of nobody's hands being clean. You know going in that people despise iridescent head. Yes it's in the game, but so is people using DS aggressively. They're both just not cool.

Too your point though, they are obviously being toxic.

• Bastard_Disaster
    Bastard_Disaster Member Posts: 33

I think we can close this thread so we can stop feeding the real toxicity here, that snap tobydoby guy.

Nothing good to say but to start arguments, spends more time on the forums arguing than playing the game.

I think we've discussed the topic enough :)

• thrawn3054
    edited February 2021

According to you. You don't get to gate keep the validity of opinions. You want to disagree with what they think that's certainly your right. You however don't unilaterally get to dismiss them because of an arbitrary number of hours in a game.

I'll add i completely disagree with them. Their entire position was ridiculous.

• 3rdEye
    3rdEye Member Posts: 2

In my opinion Iri head isn't "toxic". It can just be kinda boring. I mean, I'm new to this forum but I get the feeling that a lot of people have the notion that something not being fun and something being toxic are one in the same. I personally don't feel that way. I don't find any perks or add-ons toxic. With maybe an exception made for Insidious. I think that perk's whole purpose is to troll lol

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,363

I wouldn't look down in iri heads as much if 1. belt didn't make the oppressive control god combo when that's what they're trying to balance away from on each side 2. Huntresses' hitboxes weren't complete shizen, 3. They actually had a counter

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,904

When combined with infantry belt its ridiculous. You don't have to be amazing at hatchets to hit. Any half way decent player can.

The add on needs a nerf so it doesn't stack with infantry belt or you can only insta down with hits further than 24 meters away. That was only the really skilled Huntress players can get it rather than anyone who can simply aim two meters in front of them.

• deadbyhitbox
    edited February 2021

Lag and freezing issues are fairly frequent on console. If you're on console, your platform and controller puts you at a disadvantage and doesn't allow you to hit many shots consistently that are routine for a PC player.

A controller doesn't allow for quick but small, precise movements. This is because there is no sort of aim slowdown.

• deadbyhitbox

700 hours isn't a new player. That's plenty enough time to have accurate opinions, especially in a game like this.

• aurum_exe
    aurum_exe Member Posts: 182

Iri hatchets are for unskilled huntresses... git gud and you don't need that stuff.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

They don't appear any more toxic or broken than any other add-on of a similar rarity. Doc gets to apply all his side effects or make survivors shock each other. Myers gets the ability to mori anyone he can stalk long enough and catch, trapper gets insta-down traps. Etc. That's why you get 1 per bloodweb if you are lucky, and they cost 7k points.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

Well, what's the problem then?

Don't get me wrong. As many huntress mains i don't find IRIs skillfull. And there comes the balance. Because IRIs are used by not huntress mains, which are not really good with her anyway. The only thing i would change is that the insta only should prog at >20m.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Don't you know? Anything that can one shot a survivor is toxic and low skill.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

All good points and pehaps there needs to be more of a downside to iri hatchets but none of it is inherently toxic. Which is what the OP was talking about. Even if someone feels iri head is unblanaced its not an excuse to send vitriolic crap to another player post game.

People talk about it like the whole game is ruined because of this one powerful addon, when if play you stealthy then you can largely avoid it. Switch up your tactics against an iri head huntress to avoid the killer rather than loop the killer.

People seem so obsessed with one style of play that anything that has a powerful counter to that one style of play needs to be burned from the game ASAP. Its a kind of infuriatingly narrow view.

Anything powerful seems to get watered down so that people can loop more effectively making the game less varied and more generic with each change.

I don't mind going up against powerful addons because they mix the game up, make it scary and make you really think about how you play survivor. Otherwise its run around the rock 3 times drop pallet rinse and repeat till caught or lost.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Stealth isn’t really a counter tbh but yeah people sending death threats and the likes are just pathetic