Totem visibility/placement

Options

I'll begin by pointing out I'm focusing more towards rank 1 play as it's where most of my experience is.

Firstly, I try lots of builds on Hag as she's quite flexible and can test perks out, but I enjoy my hex builds. I tried Thrill of the Hunt with a 4-hex build in a match as Hag on the Badham Preschool map.

Within approximately 3 seconds of the match starting, 2 visual noise identifiers went off letting me know that 2 of my totems were being both broken, on opposite sides of the map. I made my way to the one that was closest to me, but even upon reaching it, the survivor had finished it as I swung at them.

At this point, 2 of my perks were removed from that match simply due to how easy the totems are to spot (they're approximately half the height of a survivor and can be spotted burning through any tiny gap) and their placement, being out in the open most of the time.

It would be nice if the totems were a lot lower to the ground or perhaps didn't spawn into the map for the first ~20 seconds or so, much like the hatch doesn't appear until certain requirements are met.

Another sidenote and a nice little touch: Add a tiny icon over each totem that Killers can see to let you know which totem is which. If a Killer has placed a totem, you'd think they'd know what it does when they're doing so.

Comments

• Giomancer
    Giomancer Member Posts: 5
    Options

I'm fairly new to the game, but I've watched enough high-rank (low-rank?) survivor play to understand exactly what the OP means. Moreover, I've been attempting to learn the Huntress via earning the "Adept Huntress" achievement, and—just like the OP states—1/3 of my perks (Lullaby) are nullified within minutes of a match beginning.

My personal suggestion for the totems is to hide them better! More possible spawn points, perhaps. Moving them out of places that don't have any cover would be a great start. (For example, a totem in a cornfield could work, but the totem that spawns along the outside of the killer shack? Worthless. =( )

• Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111
    Options

Were you playing on ps4? I was playing survivor yesterday and the same situation happened. I felt sorry for him. The Hag was dark color.
    They should remove the glow of the totems and hide them better.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Giomancer said:
    I'm fairly new to the game, but I've watched enough high-rank (low-rank?) survivor play to understand exactly what the OP means. Moreover, I've been attempting to learn the Huntress via earning the "Adept Huntress" achievement, and—just like the OP states—1/3 of my perks (Lullaby) are nullified within minutes of a match beginning.

My personal suggestion for the totems is to hide them better! More possible spawn points, perhaps. Moving them out of places that don't have any cover would be a great start. (For example, a totem in a cornfield could work, but the totem that spawns along the outside of the killer shack? Worthless. =( )

The first step would be to get rid of all the notifications giving all information to the survivors. That woudl make lullaby a bit more useful for example.

In my opinion, I cant think of a single hex perk where its necessary to notify the survivors of it.

If they fix survivors spawning directly on totems and totems directly to gens and then reduce the shinyness a little bit..... then hex perks would be in a nice spot

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options
    I love the effects they give but the risk that comes with their placement isn't worth it. For every person that swears ruin is great, I have seen atleast 5 matches where it didn't make it past 1 min.
  • Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111
    Options

Also every hex should have the exposed effect.